OtakuBoards

The Legionnaires Underground [PG-L]

Shy

[QUOTE=Sandy]But you aren't [I]in[/I] the Temple of Sun/Sol/Aton/whatever. :/ Only the eleven participants of the Body Bags were sent there to my knowledge.

[SIZE=1]PS. in case some of you don't know what "Aton" is, it's an Egyptian sun-god, or matter-of-factly the sun disc itself, that was worshipped by a pharaoh that announced Aton to be the only god during his reign.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Oh right, I thought all the original Gold Team Members had been drafted back into the mission again. Phew well that's a load off my mind, though I shall have to formulate some kind of post describing Augur's epoch-based nightmares for the Arbiter.

The Egyptian god Aten, or more accurately Ra-Horus-Aten was a creation of the Pharaoh Akhenaten. The main article and related articles can be found [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aten]here[/url]. God bless Wikipedia, what would we do without it. [/SIZE]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remembered Melinoƫ having a background on greek mythology, but I didn't remember that particular factlet (Wasn't her mother a human and her father a demon? *goes to check* Oh right...)

I originally intended to play on it (i.e. Pygmalion would have a better idea of what kind of person she is) in the mission thread, but didn't get to.

And as faras I can remember offhand, the character's backstories onlylink to one mythology (mine and Sandy's,which are rooted in greek myths). I was refering to the various other things that got involved in our storyline.

[color=crimson]The entity is now completely self-aware ['awake'] and knows of the mobile HQ of the Legionnaires and the people within it. It has quietly infiltrated the systems of the HQ.. but I'm not really sure if it can do anything to anyone there aside from lecture them or threaten them, lol. Do what you want to with that or leave it alone.

Man, originally I was going to have the temple take to the air and chase after the HQ to rid itself of the rest of the Legionnaires [I sense a crisis!]. Added drama beyond "PEOPLE ARE DYING HERE MAN" which is kind of repetitive. However, I stopped tripping for now. Although, you know, if there is some kind of support for that we could amp it up to that.

Anyway, any problems with what has been posted, you know. Tell me. I'm pretty sure I'm doing most of this semi-correctly, lol.

Sidenote: [spoiler]Kaida's deepest nightmare involves the methods created on her home planet to better slaughter each other. Reminders of the death or carnage in the form of hallucinations would probably happen. The continued physical manifestations of the 'weapons' will continue as well.

Make her trip out in a more mature way, please. She isn't a little girl. =P[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson]Man, originally I was going to have the temple take to the air and chase after the HQ to rid itself of the rest of the Legionnaires [I sense a crisis!'][/color][/quote]
That's the worst idea I've heard in a long time. I'm glad you decided not to go with it.

Anyways, I've been thinking about [spoiler]this whole 'worst nightmare' thing, and I'm thinking that Liquid would perhaps have an advantage over the rest of the team. Remember, she's already been through some pretty nasty stuff in her life. Kajo's rape attempt, for example. She's already had to face her nightmares. I'm not saying that she should be immune from this whole manifestation thing; I'm just saying that perhaps she'd be a bit more resistant to it that some of the others.[/spoiler]

I wanted to check with you other Body Bags people before posting anything to that effect. So, what are your oppinions on that particular subject?

[quote name='Takuya']That's the worst idea I've heard in a long time. I'm glad you decided not to go with it.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Your honesty amuses me! A gold star for you. Congrats.

And yet, a pain in my heart.. for you have trampled upon it so much, Takuya. :([/color]

[quote]Anyways, I've been thinking about [spoiler]this whole 'worst nightmare' thing, and I'm thinking that Liquid would perhaps have an advantage over the rest of the team. Remember, she's already been through some pretty nasty stuff in her life. Kajo's rape attempt, for example. She's already had to face her nightmares. I'm not saying that she should be immune from this whole manifestation thing; I'm just saying that perhaps she'd be a bit more resistant to it that some of the others.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Kaida, having been through rather turbulent times herself, is strong. The force we are dealing with is obviously no small matter and would probably have a slight edge over most of us no matter what they had gone through prior. I'm not really sure how resistant one could be to something that we have described as having such significant power and intent to kill.

So, that's a long winded "I don't fully endorse this action but it isn't my character" I suppose.[/color]

I'm probably not going to do it that way anyways. I've decided that it'd be better if I put Liquid in a situation out of her nightmares and have her get herself through it. Not resistance, really. Experience. She's been through painful and frightening events before, so perhaps she knows how to deal with such things.

Heh, I'm trying my hardest to think how Melinoƫ ended up from the cave with the skeletons to the Hall of Despair... X/

Hmm, maybe if the Temple was also [I]above[/I] the Hall of Despair, and the room where Melinoƫ had dropped in was on the other side of the bridge... That must be it!

I'm just wondering, weren't we supposed to [B]split up[/B] at some point?

And what about [B]Joseph[/B]? Shy said to keep him along, but if Break isn't going to participate, can't we just kill off his character?

PS. I, for one, am trying my damnest to survive this round of Body Bags, in case you haven't noticed. I won't go down without a fight! >;D

[size=1]The Hall of Despair and Melinoe's room don't have to be really connected in any way. Melinoe was wandering the temple, as far as I can sum it up. Besides I needed a catalyst to propel the Legionnaires forward, and the re-appearance of Melinoe was necessary. We can always split up later. Perhaps Sheba will make us scatter...[/size]

[size=1]As for Break, it appears he was left for dead in the Gold Team's mission. What exactly happened to him, who knows? But I'm certain he'll show up at some point in the near future.

So yeah, I don't believe anyone has bothered to write for his character yet. Pretend he wasn't there, I guess.

-Shy[/size]

I didn't go with an actual spider, but... well, read my post and you'll see for yourself.

Two things. First of all, Baron Samedi, I may have gotten Tetros wrong, so please tell me if I did. And second, Sandy, I figured that Melinoe was the team member most likely to recognize a sacrificial alter. Please tell me if I got that wrong.

Oh, and I guess we could be split up as a result of the battle with Sheba. If someone does decide to do that, I'd like to have Liquid end up with Kaida (assuming that it's all right with you, DeathKnight).

Okay, that's all.

You're correct, Melinoƫ is the expert of everything dark and demonic. ;D She was well taught by her mother.

Please note, however, that Melinoƫ has no trouble seeing in complete darkness with her demonic eye - she wouldn't be much of a hunter if she couldn't. But let's assume Liquid didn't know that. ;)

Okay, so Joseph's not there. That leaves eight of us. Got it.

Oh, and Sheba seems very alike to Shelob. Maybe they're distant cousins? ;D

Liquid doesn't need to know, Sandy. Melinoe knows, and that's enough. In the dark corridor, however, she wasn't there, so that's irrelevant. However, she was there in my most recent post, so I've edited that one to include her ability to see in the dark.

Oh, and I noticed the similarity to Shelob, too. That's one reason I had Sheba be a spider-woman-thing instead of just a giant spider. I thought Sheba shold be different than Shelob. And a note to StarrStruck: Sheba's face is basically a human face, so she doesn't have multiple compund eyes like spiders do.

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial][b]Takuya[/b]: Your post was the most forced-sounding thing I've ever read. It was [i]dead[/i]. [u][i]DEAD[/i][/u]. It wasn't an interesting creature, and you're making damn near invincible with your exposition. [i]Smooth[/i].

I would've much prefered it we'd already passed this obstacle. And focused more on the disease inflicting the Legionnaires, where nightmares are manifesting. Sigh.[/font][/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]I've gotta say, as an outsider reading through the thread, that I'm starting to lose sight of why the Legionnaires were there in the first place. I think Sheba should have been finished off when Alan posted, because I'm getting a little sick of her. =/

I just thought I'd mention, seeing as I'm viewing the thread in a slightly different light than those participating.[/SIZE]

[size=1]It's been going for five days, and we have eight left to go. I hardly view 6 or 7 posts on the subject an inordinate amount. If we continue at this rate, we'll make around 4-5 pages, which is 60-75 posts. I think we'll probably do around 60 odd posts. I don't view this detour as extraordinarily long. This is a ceature that has been around for centuries. Takuya's post might have been somewhat forced, but without it, the battle did end too quickly.

There is no need for anyone's panties to get into a knot. Plenty of time and posts left for other things.[/size]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]It's been going for five days, and we have eight left to go. I hardly view 6 or 7 posts on the subject an inordinate amount. If we continue at this rate, we'll make around 4-5 pages, which is 60-75 posts. I think we'll probably do around 60 odd posts. I don't view this detour as extraordinarily long. This is a ceature that has been around for centuries. Takuya's post might have been somewhat forced, but without it, the battle did end too quickly.

There is no need for anyone's panties to get into a knot. Plenty of time and posts left for other things.[/size][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]I don't agree with the concept of making a huge thing out of this boring, stereotypical, and worst of all, ripped-off monster. That's my final word on it. I'll post again when things are, what's the word cool kids are using? Oh, right, [i]interesting[/i].[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]I don't agree with the concept of making a huge thing out of this boring, stereotypical, and worst of all, ripped-off monster. That's my final word on it. I'll post again when things are, what's the word cool kids are using? Oh, right, [i]interesting[/i].[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]

[color=crimson]I don't agree or disagree with you but I don't really see how not posting improves the thread's originality/creativity/whatever. This is ignoring the fact your character has a rather important role and only you can best portray that important character.

All that aside.. thankfully Kaida has a +2 to hit bonus vs. demonic creatures. Lucky~

*stoned to death for DnD humor*[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]I never intended to post often anyway (and even tried to weasel out of writing the final post, ask Shy) not posting while this Sheba business is going on would probably happen anyway. I'm more likely to post when presented with something that isn't a string of failed attacks, with no resolution, however.[/font][/size][/color]