OtakuBoards

The Legionnaires Underground [PG-L]

Shy

My team (me included) has been slow to post in general, but I greatly prefer the set post order method. It gives things a stronger sense of organization and encourages you to communicate/consult with your fellow RPers before plunging ahead.

~Dagger~

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually prefer the standard system (like what's being used for Body Bags), but in the case of The Legionnaires, I don't think that it's the best idea. So let me one again say that I feel that the ideal post system for this event is the maximum post frequency (mpf) system that I described earlier in this thread. The correct usage of and mpf system would eliminate the problem of waiting for a specific member to post. At the same time, an mpf system would result in a slower pace than the standard system, allowing people more time to write their posts. I think it's work very well. My vote goes to the mpf system.

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I vote the current system, with one modification - if a scheduled poster can't post, and hasn't given any impression that they will, after a set amount of times (week? fortnight?) then the next poster can step up. Easy, simple.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

You'd think so, but you're forgetting that there already [B]was[/B] such a limit in the posting (at least we in the Gold Team had it), and it leaked like a rusty sewer pipe!

Sometimes there was even a month before anybody posted (I couldn't because I was the last in line), and although our team was the second to finish, it certainly took a lot of time for four people to write two posts each...

And I still question the superior quality of those posts, meaning that in my opinion they would've been in most cases just the same if people had written them in an hour or two.

I hope Shy doesn't want to turn this event into the like of Kill Adam, which gets like one post in half year, because then he would have even more players getting fed up with the event... :/

Do I have to remind you all that there are still players who haven't got a chance to post [I]anything[/I] (outside the Arbiter) in this event?

Because there's such a massive amount of people involved, I feel it requires a faster pace. When you feel like posting, do what I do: put a note into the thread with the words [B]"writing in progress"[/B] and then edit the post, so you don't have to worry about somebody getting there first and blowing off your ideas.

[size=1]If, in a week, someone can't formulate a decent post, then they don't have enough time to participate in an RPG. If the gap is too long, people lose interest and drift away, and before you realise it you've been waiting three months for one person to post, but that person had forgotten about it until like, two hours before they posted it. Which means that three months was wasted. I think a post a week is even too few posts. To get four people to make two posts each you have just lost two months, lol. Obviously people are sometimes away or unavailable, but when the wait gets ridiculously long you have to cut your losses.[/size]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']If, in a week, someone can't formulate a decent post, then they don't have enough time to participate in an RPG. If the gap is too long, people lose interest and drift away, and before you realise it you've been waiting three months for one person to post, but that person had forgotten about it until like, two hours before they posted it. Which means that three months was wasted. I think a post a week is even too few posts. To get four people to make two posts each you have just lost two months, lol. Obviously people are sometimes away or unavailable, but when the wait gets ridiculously long you have to cut your losses.[/size][/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Yeah, and then you realise people only managing a post a week are employed, or are in finals, or don't spend 80% of their time on the internet. 1 post a week is an amazing effort from some people.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]1 post a week is an amazing effort from some people.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

If I remember correctly, when Shy specifically asked in the recruitment thread how often people could post, [I]most[/I] of us put at least once a week.

Besides, [I]nobody[/I] can be so busy that they don't find half an hour in a week to write one post. It's all a matter of motivation and inspiration, and those come inside you.

Baron is absolutely right - if people lag in posting their stuff, others will get fed up, and what will that do to the event?

But let's just be happy that so far there's only so few that have quit the game from their own free will. We can keep this event blooming, if we work together. ;D

... That is, if we don't get killed off by the Shyminator first. X(

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Yeah, and then you realise people only managing a post a week are employed, or are in finals, or don't spend 80% of their time on the internet. 1 post a week is an amazing effort from some people.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]
[size=1]A post a week is enough when you consider things like that, but generally speaking it should by no means take a week to scrape together enough time to write a post.[/size]

Um, is anybody going to post in the Body Bags mission? It's only a few days until we're done, you know. I'd post, but I don't have enough time to do so right now. I'll try and get something up tomorrow. In the meantime, maybe someone else should post. After all, we've still got some stuff to do, and it's not that long until the mission ends.

[quote name='Takuya']Um, is anybody going to post in the Body Bags mission?[/quote]

[color=crimson]Done. Let the doppelgangers come as freely as you wish them to.

Though, I would like to ask if you guys think we should limit the fights between our doppelgangers or cut them out completely. We could just, say, hop to the mirror scene and figure things out from Sheba being the reflection of Arachnid.

I guess we aren't too short on time but squeezing in doppelganger fights and then some kind of dramatic confrontation with [b]It[/b] sounds kind of hectic.. and might make some of the action sound forced [or maybe, make it sound more forced :p ].

Oh well. Pardon the hokey post/any errors I made.[/color]

For you, DeathKnight, that was not a hokey post.

EDIT: I've posted now. Just so you all know what happened, the symbols (which I intended to be the same ones Kaida drew on the mirrors) each represent someone's doppleganger. When a character looked as his/her corresponding symbol after it had faded in fully, the symbol recognised that character and faded out, becoming the second reflected image. Those second images are images of the dopplegangers. The dopplegangers themselves have now entered the room (except for Liquid's, which is underwater in the next room).

Whoever posts next can ether enter into battle with the dopplegangers or do something else. I'd personally prefer at least a short battle, but whatever. If there is a battle, Liquid should probably be the one who goes after her doppleganger (after all, that thing's underwater, and Liquid's the only one who can realy fight underwater).

Oh, and if you don't like what I did for your doppleganger, or if I messed up your character, please tell me, and I'll see what I can do. END EDIT

Oh, on a different but related note, I couldn't figure out whose doppleganger the snake-woman Hagar was supposed to be, so I PMed Minako. The reply was confusing, but to me it indicated that Hagar wasn't supposed to be anyone's doppleganger. Unless Minako tells me otherwise, I'm going to assume that Hagar wasn't anyone's doppleganger.

Oh, and Domon, I keep forgetting to point out a mistake you made in your most recent post. In your most recent mission post, it seemed as though you were saying that Liquid has her gun. She does not, as she never got it back from Melinoe. Melinoe still has it.

Hagar is no one's doppelganger. And I'm sorry for being stupid and behind. I just created Hagar for the sake of having another monster to fight!

I also apologize because I don't read this underground thread often (there are so many pages! :animestun ), so the whole doppelganger thing is new. I like the idea, and I like what you did with mine, Takuya! AND I didn't realize that there was a set date where we're all supposed to die...speaking of which...

Before the Body Bags ends, do we all die? or do some of us survive? (stupid question...)

~Minako

[quote name='Minako']Before the Body Bags ends, do we all die? or do some of us survive? (stupid question...)[/quote]
[size=1]Body Bags has ended, and there were five casualties in total, which is half of everyone who went into it. New Missions for Green, Red and Blue team are up. Gold Team will be launching their new mission sometime later, hopefully to coincide with the completion of Silver Team's mission.

As always, questions, comments and concerns are welcome.

Arachnid... Unhate... Face... Speedy and Joseph, may they rest in peace...

-Shy[/size]

So Melinoë's on a break for now... I think that's only a positive thing, with my OB Survivor going on and all. ;)

But [B]Shy[/B], didn't you say you'd reveal the reasons why the eight of us were chosen to the Body Bags after it would end? I for one would like to know what put me at risk, so I know how to improve my future output.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][QUOTE=Sandy]So Melinoë's on a break for now... I think that's only a positive thing, with my OB Survivor going on and all. ;)

But [B]Shy[/B], didn't you say you'd reveal the reasons why the eight of us were chosen to the Body Bags after it would end? I for one would like to know what put me at risk, so I know how to improve my future output.[/QUOTE]
You were chosen because Team Leaders got to elect one person from their team to die, and one person from their team that wouldn't die for Body bags. I had no reasoning behind choosing you, I just wanted to make you sweat. Kiss kiss.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
You were chosen because Team Leaders got to elect one person from their team to die, and one person from their team that wouldn't die for Body bags.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So that means that DeathKnight chose Liquid to go on the mission and live, and chose Arachnid to come on the mission and die? Well, I guess I should thank DeathKnight for not picking Liquid for the Green Team casualty.

All right, then. Body Bags is done. Well, done for now, at least. When's Hero Patrol going up, Shy?

I see that Pandora is on a break, which is good for me right now, because I've become really busy! (Not that I wouldn't have time to post once a week) And I'll be looking forward to the next mission!

A question (I may have missed the answer), why is the Gold Team member list empty??

~Minako/Pandora

[B]Minako[/B], lookie here:

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Gold Team will be launching their new mission sometime later, hopefully to coincide with the completion of Silver Team's mission.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Oh, [B]Dead Seraphim[/B], I love you too! <3 Too bad I can't return the favor now that you killed yourself off... :P

And now that the secret's revealed, I bet the next round of Bilbo Baggins are executed in a completely different manner. ,:)

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Sandy]Oh, [B]Dead Seraphim[/B'], I love you too! <3 Too bad I can't return the favor now that you killed yourself off... :P[/quote]
No you couldn't, because I'd still be Team Leader. HA, 0wn3d.

On another note, for those interested, Unhate's final [i]official[/i] mention (and by official, I mean as written by me - as of now, any references by the rest of you are fanfiction, bahahaha) is in Arbiter, so read it. *trawls for impressions*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']And now that the secret's revealed, I bet the next round of Bilbo Baggins are executed in a completely different manner. ,:)[/quote]
[size=1]That's a very good guess. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

But yeah, DeadSeraphim was right. Each Team Leader (minus Silver Team) chose two players for Body Bags. One was destined to die, the other was chosen to scare them, and give them some room to expand their story. I also chose two players, which brings our grand total out to ten. Some of the choices were easier than others, especially since Who Am I? and Ajeh had elected to drop out of the project.

[b]Takuya[/b] Hero Patrol should pop up after the weekend, or maybe a little bit later... it just depends on my schedule right now. Keep checking here for more updates, heh.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=GREEN]Wow! I finally get a chance to participate in this thing at long last. I'll be ready to post in the Green Team's mission thread by Wednsday at the very latest (just a warning to my possible lateness). Oh, I just want to point out one thing, Shy. You sort of mixed up my character's name and my new OB user name. So just to make sure everyone is on the same page, my character's name is Aura, not Soliel. Ok? Look forward to playing with everyone![/COLOR]

[quote name='Takuya']Well, I guess I should thank DeathKnight for not picking Liquid for the Green Team casualty.[/quote]

[color=crimson]You owe me $50.[/color]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial] *trawls for impressions*[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]I am significantly awed.

Anyway, I'll post in Green sometime soon. I feel like I've been hit by a truck at the moment so, you know.

Let me recover a bit.[/color]

[quote name='Soliel][COLOR=GREEN']Oh, I just want to point out one thing, Shy. You sort of mixed up my character's name and my new OB user name. So just to make sure everyone is on the same page, my character's name is Aura, not Soliel. Ok? Look forward to playing with everyone![/COLOR][/quote]
[color=navy]My name's been switched around, too.

I'm so giddy about finally getting to participate. (Four months of waiting can do that to a person...)

And I was wondering...how come Unhate's name doesn't have a strike through it on the character's list?[/color]