Jump to content
OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]


Recommended Posts

Posted
The winner of the challenge, [B]Sleeping with the Undead[/B] is clear. It's the [color=gold]Gold Team[/color] with their superior performance.

Sorry for the lack of... well, imagination in this challenge. :/ I was [i]going[/i] to implement a killing system to it, but I just couldn't figure out how it would be done fairly and in the time limit. But I assure you, the next challenge will be much more demanding. ;D

Game On!

[B]EDIT:[/B] KKC has volunteeringly left the game, so the voting ends before it really began. He is thus the seventh person out of OB Survivor: Game On.
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]It's not a plot hole >.>; It's barely even a minor inconsistency, heh. And to be honest, it changes very little about their situation anyway. I was just being pedantic.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86][size=1]I'll shut up about it next time, though...[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Just teasing :p

Good work Lotuses. We were clearly outmatched. We need better work, men![/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sandy]
[B]EDIT:[/B] KKC has volunteeringly left the game, so the voting ends before it really began. He is thus the seventh person out of OB Survivor: Game On.[/QUOTE][color=#333333]
She. She is thus the seventh.

Anyways. I was [i]very[/i] surprised that the Golden Lotuses won. I hadn't felt so strongly the team I was in would win a challenge before. I [i]really[/i] thought the Iron Fists used their characters skills effectively in the challenge.

I guess that's why Sandy is the flying teddybear and I'm just an Italian Plumber. [/color]
Posted
I understand how you feel, Lrb, but please trust me to be [I]completely[/I] impartial in this game.

And I had no way of knowing whether KKC is a he or she, so I just had to take a wild guess... X/

Anyways, the main thread is now updated with Fox's eviction, feel free to continue posting, and expect a new challenge to launch within few days. ;D

Just to keep up the excitement, I'm gonna reveal that the next challenge is going to require a huge amount of balls. ;P
Posted
[SIZE=1][QUOTE=Lrb][color=#333333]
She. She is thus the seventh.

Anyways. I was [i]very[/i] surprised that the Golden Lotuses won. I hadn't felt so strongly the team I was in would win a challenge before. I [i]really[/i] thought the Iron Fists used their characters skills more effectively in the challenge.
[/color][/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? Powers aside, not only did we post almost twice as much as you guys, but we also spun some kind of order and "plot" into the challenge. Powers were used constantly, Samus' morph ball, Yuna's multiple spheres, Krystal's Staff and Ling's Power up moves to name but a few.

I'm not normally so advocate but we clearly deserved to win this one.[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Yeah, sorry -- and not to brag -- but the result didn't come as much of a surprise to me. We had the one little inconsistancy, but other than that, I thought our plot fit together very nicely and everyone fought to the best of their characters' abilities. Most excellent, Heroines. Let's keep it up![/color]
Posted
[color=#333333]Oh no no. I hadn't actually read the heroines posts.

I just meant that from what I had read of the heroes posts I thought we did exceptionally well so I was surprised when I saw that we lost. ^^;

I'm sure if I read the posts from the other team I would see a large difference between the two sides.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]Obviously the [COLOR=SlateGray][B]Iron Fists[/B][/COLOR'] will win this one![/size][/quote][color=#4B0082]And you obviously haven't seen the size of Samus' morph ball. :p[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1][quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]Obviously the [COLOR=SlateGray][B]Iron Fists[/B][/COLOR'] will win this one![/size][/quote]

Oh dear, we aren't going down that road are we? Trust the heroes to lower the tone :p[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE=Doukeshi][SIZE=1]

Oh dear, we aren't going down that road are we? Trust the heroes to lower the tone :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1];) I try. I know I can rely on the [COLOR=Orange][B]Golden Lotuses[/B][/COLOR] to match me step-for-step.[/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]Well done to the Lotuses[color=Black] for your victory, you deserved it. Although, I think there was an element of unfairness in the challenge as a whole, as the male characters had less variety of powers/abilities, as most of our characters were from platform games. I mean, I had super-speed, Mario had fireballs, Kuja had magic, CJ had the whole tank fiasco, but apart from that we were stuck with pretty much "jump on the zombie's heads until they die."

I'm not bitter or anything, just maybe it could have been a little better thought-out.
[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]No offense, but I think that's a bit of a cop-out. I know for a fact that Mario and Kuja have a ton of moves and magic at their disposal. Just look at all the things Mario can do in Super Mario 64, as well as other Mario games. And then Kuja has the entire black magic line from FFIX at his disposal, plus Trance for further possibilities of destruction. CJ and Shadow seem to have a pretty big arsenal of weapons from what I've heard about their games, and I'm sure Crash has his fair shair of moves. A 3D platformer with nothing but "punch, kick, jump" would be pretty boring, after all.

In FF Survivor, I played Cecil and had nothing but his sword, armor, and about half a dozen low level white magic spells to work with. But I got creative and did a dang lot with those few things I did have. I took a few creative liberties, sure, but they still fit the character. And at no time did I feel like I was at a disadvantage because he didn't have Cloud's super-human strength, Sephiroth's arsenal of magic, etc.

Just because a character doesn't have quite the range of abilities as someone like Samus or Yuna doesn't mean you can't still make the best use of what you do have and come out even. Get creative, pull some crazy crap, and show that your character is good at what he does![/color]
Posted
[size=1]Ok, I'm sorry I mentioned it. Admittedly, we did kinda lose out somewhat on the range of different abilites used. I'm sure we could probably have done a lot better if we had put our minds to it, but it was difficult as we had such a short time-frame to work in.

And I guess we would probably have lost a member anyway, if KKC decided to pull out herself. It was a fair victory, heroines, I just hope we can make it back on the next challenge.

And Des, if we're going for the balls, Samus may have one giant ball, but between our team we have (I hope) [size=2][b]10 [/b][size=1]of the things. And anyway, size doesn't matter.[/size][/size]
[/size]
Posted
[size=1]I guess I should post a good bye so... Good bye everyone and good luck! Sorry to the guys for not posting in the last contest. School attacked with some projects before break came. Good luck to everyone and let it be known that i'm a girl ^^ hehe.[/size]
Posted
[quote name='KKC][size=1']Good luck to everyone and let it be known that i'm a girl ^^ hehe.[/size][/quote][color=#503f86]I really didn't know that, but OMFG we share the same birthday!!

Anyway, it's been great RPing with you, heh. I'll make sure Krystal's suitably disappointed at your (well, Fox's) disappearance :p[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']And besides, Samus' one is fake :p[/size][/quote]
[color=#333333]Exactly. Psht, besides...

"Mine-a are made of fire."

I mean that in least disgusting way possible.[/color]
Posted
First of all, I want to apologize for the Pokémon-theme in this freshly-launched challenge. XP

Now, this game is all about [I]posting[/I], and posting with precision. There are [B]100[/B] Pokéballs per team, so both teams can catch up to [B]100[/B] Pokémon. Simply put (and as the rules state), the team with the most captured critters by the end of this challenge will win.

Of course the wisest tactic would be to scatter around individually, but you can also work in pairs or larger groups.

The most important things to remember is that a player can't catch more than [B]one creature/post[/B], and that there are only [B]one of each kind[/B] of Pokémon. All posts with two Pokémons captured, or that describes a capture of a Pokémon that has already been catched by somebody else, will be [B]disqualified[/B].

This challenge requires some research as well, if you are to find other Pokémons besides Pikachu (cause he's the one everybody knows). But fret not, as this challenge will continue until the [B]1st of January 2006[/B], due to my depart to my internetless grandma's house for the holidays.

You can ask still any questions concerning this challenge [B]today[/B], since I'm going to leave tomorrow.

Happy hunting everybody, and keep the [I]Game On[/I]! ;D

[size=1]PS. Sorry [B]Des[/B], I know you don't like this sort of challenges, but at least everybody will have time to post now, even if they [I]would[/I] depart elsewhere for the holidays as well.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]I have a question: is there 1 of [b]every [/b]Pokemon in the Safari Zone? Is that all 200-odd of them from the extended versions, or is it jut the original 150?

Once I have had this question answered, I will begin posting.
[/size]
Posted
Yep, every Pokémon ever created (official, though, not fanmade) can be found at the Pokémon Safari, and I believe there to be nearly 400 of them nowadays. 8)

And I didn't mention it because it's kinda obvious, but everybody can post to their heart's content - just don't double/triple/multiple post, and remember the one Pokémon/post limit. ;D

EDIT: and it would be wise to keep [B]count[/B] on how many Pokémons your team has caught, because you only have the 100 Pokéballs at your disposal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...