Kei Posted June 22, 2006 Posted June 22, 2006 [color=darkblue][size=1]ZOMG, non-monochrome comic! ><; No, but seriously, it's pretty cool to see a splash of colour in there. And, as always, the humour is good. I look forward to more. Congrats to you, Gavs. *huggu* (And you do realize we're going to try to steer you more in the shirt direction until you do it, right? PEER PRESSURE POWER!)[/color][/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted June 23, 2006 Author Posted June 23, 2006 Heh, we'll see about the shirts. This next comic shows the more cuter side to SIS. We can be adorable too ;) I said this once to a girl, so it's a more exaggerated version of my situation. [img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2/slackers1019xv.jpg[/img]
Annie Posted June 23, 2006 Posted June 23, 2006 [size=1]Haha, nice. That sheds a whole new light on the meaning of "falling in love". Bravo~![/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted June 24, 2006 Author Posted June 24, 2006 Thanks :) Today's comic is inspired by Tical. He suggested the pun on the words "bear hands" and so we went right to work. This is dedicated to him ;) [img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2280/slackers1023oq.jpg[/img]
2010DigitalBoy Posted June 24, 2006 Posted June 24, 2006 [QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Thanks :) Today's comic is inspired by Tical. He suggested the pun on the words "bear hands" and so we went right to work. This is dedicated to him ;) [img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2280/slackers1023oq.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] XD and you do it so perfectly!!! That cracked me up, man! It's funny cuz right after I suggested it, I ended up using the pun in my very next conversation Someone: I don't get it, how can he cut off his head if they edit out the knife?! Me: He uses his bear hands... serioulsy look at the claws on that guy!
Ikillion Posted June 24, 2006 Posted June 24, 2006 [COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha, this one brough back old memories. It reminded me back in eight grade when we had to memorise all the admentments for the bill of righs, so to remember the second one, the right to bear arms. Well yeah you get the picture. These are funny, I wonder what would happen if you could get them in a newspaper or a book or something, you could get money, and who doesn't like money?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Aaryanna Posted June 24, 2006 Posted June 24, 2006 [COLOR=SeaGreen]Hehe, those are awesome. ^_~ Simple and yet all the more funny because of their simplicity. ^_^ I think by far my favorite out of all that you have done is the ?Barkin? Up The Wrong Tree? (those poor doggies!) and ?Love still Hurts? I mean the idea that tripping is the cause of people falling in love is just too funny. That one really cracked me up. ^_^ [/COLOR]
Dragon Warrior Posted June 26, 2006 Author Posted June 26, 2006 Glad to hear you guys wuv 'em. And I've considered publishing them in books as volumes. [img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9611/slackers1039ov.jpg[/img] ------- [img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/187/slackers1041yd.jpg[/img]
Lt.Zero Posted June 26, 2006 Posted June 26, 2006 You should send these to the News Paper along with the other comic people.
Dragon Warrior Posted June 27, 2006 Author Posted June 27, 2006 Heh, maybe. If I ever feel they're good enough. That's up to if the public would find them as amusing as us here on OB or on deviantART and such. [img]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5569/slackers1053jy.jpg[/img]
2010DigitalBoy Posted June 27, 2006 Posted June 27, 2006 [QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Heh, maybe. If I ever feel they're good enough. That's up to if the public would find them as amusing as us here on OB or on deviantART and such. [img]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5569/slackers1053jy.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] XD! You know DW I'd like to start something like this, I got a million of em, but I'll not steal your idea. This thing is friggin brillinat XD I love this one, reminds me of the clown episode of Dextors Lab. Also... [spoiler]"Half a brain"[/spoiler]
Dragon Warrior Posted June 28, 2006 Author Posted June 28, 2006 Heh, I used that joke all the time in elementary. 7 8 9. [img]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2263/slackers1069ly.jpg[/img]
Kei Posted June 28, 2006 Posted June 28, 2006 [quote name='Dragon Warrior']Heh, maybe. If I ever feel they're good enough. That's up to if the public would find them as amusing as us here on OB or on deviantART and such.[/quote] [color=darkblue][size=1]Funny. I was sitting in my cubicle the other day and one of the art directors for the paper saw the two comics of yours I had hanging up and thought they were hilarious. It might be something to definitely look into when you feel up to it, DW. Anyways, "One Flu Over the Dum-Dum's Nest" was pretty funny. Never thought a cold looked that bad. Maybe that's why you feel horrible when you get hit by one, heh. "Town Bully" also made me smile. ^^ Keep it up.[/color][/size]
Dragon Warrior Posted June 30, 2006 Author Posted June 30, 2006 It would be a good way to get money. I need money :P I'll consider it. [img]http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/3536/slackers1072uh.jpg[/img] --------- [img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1491/slackers1088gf.jpg[/img]
2010DigitalBoy Posted June 30, 2006 Posted June 30, 2006 O_O ZOMG they cut off their hands!!! D_W your comics are so great... you really should sell them, I just know people would buy.
Boo Posted June 30, 2006 Posted June 30, 2006 [size=1]She has a beard :) Just convince newspapers that they're really politically charged. They'll love'm.[/size]
Aberinkula Posted June 30, 2006 Posted June 30, 2006 These comics are instant hits. Love every one you you make. How'ed you come up with this stuff?
Dragon Warrior Posted July 4, 2006 Author Posted July 4, 2006 Mainly it's just random puns and play on words. [img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7411/slackers1093ox.jpg[/img] -------- [img]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5683/slackers1104kn.jpg[/img] -------- [img]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7843/slackers1119ih.jpg[/img] -------- HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO OUR USA FANS! [img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8226/slackers1128qh.jpg[/img]
2010DigitalBoy Posted July 4, 2006 Posted July 4, 2006 Im glad the hobbits goot into the fireworks though, those things were badass! Nice comic DW!
John Posted July 4, 2006 Posted July 4, 2006 You [i]know[/i] it would've read better if Gandalf had said "you damn hobbits". :P
Dragon Warrior Posted July 5, 2006 Author Posted July 5, 2006 [quote name='John]You [i]know[/i'] it would've read better if Gandalf had said "you damn hobbits". :P[/quote] Yes, but SIS is a family-friendly comic. We try not to swear ;) [img]http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/4377/slackers1136hc.jpg[/img]
Sandy Posted July 5, 2006 Posted July 5, 2006 [QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Yes, but SIS is a family-friendly comic. We try not to swear ;) [/QUOTE] Typical American... Cut-off hands are totally okay, but the word [I]damn[/I] is a big no-no. ;P Sorry, just had to reply to sarcasm with sarcasm.
Dragon Warrior Posted July 5, 2006 Author Posted July 5, 2006 Hah, yeah, it's a shame what public believe. But I have to abide by it. You guys said it yourself, I should have 'em in the newspaper. And if I ever do, it needs to be newspaper appropriate. In fact, our cartoony violence may even be a bit over the line (like the mention of corpses). And I'm proud to be an American ;_;
Aberinkula Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Hah, yeah, it's a shame what public believe. But I have to abide by it. You guys said it yourself, I should have 'em in the newspaper. And if I ever do, it needs to be newspaper appropriate. In fact, our cartoony violence may even be a bit over the line (like the mention of corpses). And I'm proud to be an American ;_;[/QUOTE] I completly agree. And I've started a witty comic mself. All thanx to inspiration. From you know who. I called it Fools. It's about 2 ideots practicly. The charecters are Jake and Douglas. Jake is the stupid one and Douglas is always mad. I made one called "Fools genesis Evangelion." It has Jake in an Eva. While an angel is destroying the town Jake is at a Mcdonalds ordering something. But if it wasn't for SIS I wouldn't have made it. Its my own personal comic. But I don't want to post it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now