OtakuBoards

Emo or Emu's??

Shwa

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]I don't have a problem with emo people or their numerous variants. It could be worse, really. They could all be super bright and cheery and singing:

[i]I'm so happy!
AHA! Happy go lucky me!
I just go my way,
living everyday!

I don't worry!
Worrying don't agree,
Things that bother you,
never bother me~~

Things that bother you,
never bother me!
I feel happy and fine!
AHA!
Living in the sunlight,
loving in the moonlight
Having a wonderful time![/i]

So, yeah. Count your blessings.[/color][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]
They had a word for that in highschool. Cheerleaders. *shudder* Although I think I like [b]Desbreko's[/b] response better.

[QUOTE=Corey][size=1]You people need to be passionate about things that matter.
Not stupid-*** highschool clique drama.
If you want to be emo, or emotive hardcore for those that prefer that way, do it. Who cares if people don't think you're 'real'. It doesn't matter.
You matter.[/size][/QUOTE]

Listen to these words. Okay, now follow them closely.

Honestly, I can't say I know much about Emo or any other new label thats developed since I've left highschool because simply it doesn't matter to me. I have a neighbor that I've been friends with for a long time and she just started highschool this year while I'm at college.

It's hard to relate to her, because she is just experiencing high school and is now in the "emo" scene, which is back when I was in highschool when I hung out with the "punk" scene. It's true when they say highschool is about finding yourself. At the end, all (I'm hoping) find out that labeling people is too much work, and immature and they all grow up when their a senior. She's started drinking and mostly hangs out at concerts. I remember when the punk concerts were in when I was young so I can understand that much. I forget what it's like to be 14 and just trying to find where you belong. I know this phase on her will not stay, I just have to wait it out.

I also think that a guy wearing pink or even purple should not be considered bad. Pink shirts actually look nice on some guys. Now if the guy is kind of a fruit, well you know that might raise some suspision. Also, girl pants on a guy. Not attractive. No one wants to see your you-know-what. Just get small boy pants or something.

[quote name='Lore][color=33333][font=trebuchet ms]It revolves around music. It revolves around fashion. It revolves around depression, angst, mySpace, make-up, girly pants, and black hair cut at funny angles.[/color'][/font][/quote]
Ahhh...I see so it is like punk, but softer. Like less heavy metal and more poor-me attitude & music right?

[quote name='MirrIll']It's not what I consider to be real emo, it's simply what emo is. The main difference between emo and what is considered emo now is the fact that, well, they sound NOTHING ALIKE.[/quote] Sorry but I can't help feeling like your being ignorant. But then again, people say think about punk, preps, whatever labels kids come up with nowadays. People are always "wanna-be" goths especially if they shop at hot topic, they are considered "posers" instead of maybe just liking the cloths there. Everything is also described as "Not what it's use to be" and that they are a "true" whatever. It's such a waste of energy to fight about something or care about something so stupid as that when it most likely won't be around for 5 years to come. Tell me what is respectable about being emo , and then maybe I will see your point.

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo']Labels to some extent are there to help us understand who we are and to identify with others. It doesn?t really say who you are but it does give people a point to start with. Is it sad? I don?t think so, if you took away all labels it wouldn?t change the fact that people want to fit in with the crowd so to speak. And wanting to fit in is part of who you are.[/COLOR][/quote]
Its a good point, and I can agree with it if it goes out to teenagers. But then again, why can't people just fit in as being theirselves? Wouldn't it be better to be like for who you are then what your wearing and what "label" your in? To me, if labels were not made, people would feel more accepted then feeling like they had to impress someone all the time. [/SIZE]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=green]Dear PeopleWhoAreBetterThanEmoKids,

Since you obviously have nothing better to do than criticize people who haven't done a single thing to you, other than "annoy" - I'd like you to take this moment for some introspection. Whether someone likes "real emo," "old school emo," or Fall Out Boy/MCR/The Used, that doesn't make their choice of music any less valid than yours. If someone wants to cut themselves for attention or because they broke up with their significant other, good for them. Hell, if you want to wear girl?s pants, have at it.

Grow up and learn to be accepting of people different of yourselves. Your lack of tolerance is disturbing, disgusting and juvenile.[/color]

[QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]Dear PeopleWhoAreBetterThanEmoKids,

Since you obviously have nothing better to do than criticize people who haven't done a single thing to you, other than "annoy" - I'd like you to take this moment for some introspection. Whether someone likes "real emo," "old school emo," or Fall Out Boy/MCR/The Used, that doesn't make their choice of music any less valid than yours. If someone wants to cut themselves for attention or because they broke up with their significant other, good for them. Hell, if you want to wear girl?s pants, have at it.

Grow up and learn to be accepting of people different of yourselves. Your lack of tolerance is disturbing, disgusting and juvenile.[/color][/QUOTE]
The thing is, is that sometimes you tolerate them for too long. I'd put up with the guy whom I used in my example earlier for two years and was just getting sick of his constant complaining.

[quote name='Pumpkin][SIZE=1']Its a good point, and I can agree with it if it goes out to teenagers. But then again, why can't people just fit in as being theirselves? Wouldn't it be better to be like for who you are then what your wearing and what "label" your in? To me, if labels were not made, people would feel more accepted then feeling like they had to impress someone all the time. [/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=Indigo]I was talking more in general terms like knowing that someone is a teenager by the very name teenager or that you are black or white. Labels are identifiers that give someone a starting point as to who someone else is. I was being quite literal. Perhaps classification would be a better term as I was not referring to stereotyping.[/COLOR] [QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]Dear PeopleWhoAreBetterThanEmoKids,

Grow up and learn to be accepting of people different of yourselves. Your lack of tolerance is disturbing, disgusting and juvenile.[/color][/QUOTE][COLOR=Indigo]Dear AssumptionsAreEasilyMade

Complaining or criticizing someone else does not mean that the person doing the criticizing thinks that they are somehow ?better? than the other person. Yes people are different and yes they are going to find each other ?annoying.? I would think that discussing it in a forum *instead of doing unproductive things like violently attacking them or other such nonsense* would be a more constructive way of saying certain behaviors bothers you.

What?s disturbing is expecting that everyone is going to instantly be tolerant of others. Anytime there is a new fad so to speak it takes time for people to get use to it, as they are not use to seeing people do things for that reason. Being a College student I don?t really encounter the people who say that they are EmoKids, but many parents find the trend alarming.

And saying:[/COLOR] [quote name='Boba Fett][color=green'] If someone wants to cut themselves for attention or because they broke up with their significant other, good for them. [/color][/quote] [COLOR=Indigo]?I sincerely hope you are joking. [/COLOR]

Emo people annoy me. The way they dress irks me, their crying fits make me want to rip off their ring fingers and then stab them in their eyes with them, and I don't like seeing a guy's crotch bulge through his pants. It's really unattractive.
And their music? EW! They have these ugly whiny, disgusting voices, their tunes are usually almost always all the same or VERY similar to each otherls, and it's mostly pessimistic music.
I don't like it. It's gross.

Guest dannyboy11490
If you really want to understand what an emo is and want to learn more about them, look up The Emo Song (under comedy) and listen to it.
Quite hilerious

[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]

and I may not listen to many TRUELY emo bands (such as NOT Fall Out Boy, NOT My Chemical Romance, NOT The Used, etc.)
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Fall Out Boy? Omg. Fall Out Boy is so cheery. It's really not an emo band. My Chem and The Used are more screamo than anything, but you go on that.

Emo I would say is more fun than being all bubbly and preppy. Being a depressing person is a great way to get attention. (Nobody comment on that.)

The classification in this crowd is a bit frightening.

Firstly, who gives a ***** how any one else dresses? It's their own bloody business.

Secondly, I seriously doubt that there are that many "neo-emo" kids who actually are cutters. That's the whole chicken vs the egg argument, no?

Perhaps people who are cutters (because of real psychological issues for which they should probably seek help) are more inclined to listen to music that suits their mood. Who doesn't listen to different styles of music to suit their mood? Emo music is depressive, and thus, they are drawn to it.

Saying that it gives you pleasure to be an a**hole to a person who's suicidally depressed is beyond disgusting, from my point of view. Grow a spine and tell them that you think nothing of what they have to say and that they should go speak to someone else, because you are unable to see from their perspective or otherwise do not understand what "empathy" means. I mean...you may as well be honest, yeh?

Depressed people are sometimes just that--depressed. They can't just decide to be bright and cheery. You're sorely mistaken if that's your take on it. Depression is a disorder which, most often, can be treated. Often times, it is a symptom of other serious medical ad psychological disorders. Either way, it's not a lifestyle choice that a person can control. No one chooses to feel like shite.

This whole thread is sort of disturbing to me, in the attitudes people are displaying. Not all of you, no...but enough to make me shake my head in dismay.

And, for the record, I wouldn't be classified as emo. I loathe the so-called emo music, I despise being depressed, I don't wear pink, nor do I pretend to be gay, nor any of the other stereotypes I've read here. I do, however, have a history of both cutting and other psych disorders.

No one ever knew I was cutting when I did, and no one knew for years after. It had absolutely nothing to do with attention and everything to do with psychological disorders. My music didn't make me do it, my video games didn't make me do it, my opposite-gendered clothing didn't make me do it, I didn't give a rat's arse about being cool (and who the hell would think someone who cuts themself is cool, anyhow?) and I didn't do it because "all my friends were doing it"...

Depression and cutting aren't a fashion statement of any kind, nor can they be blamed on a genre of music.

I just want to say that this entire thread is a heap of miseducation and blatant stereotyping. I'm disappointed.

[QUOTE=elfpirate]The classification in this crowd is a bit frightening.

Firstly, who gives a ***** how any one else dresses? It's their own bloody business.

Secondly, I seriously doubt that there are that many "neo-emo" kids who actually are cutters. That's the whole chicken vs the egg argument, no?

Perhaps people who are cutters (because of real psychological issues for which they should probably seek help) are more inclined to listen to music that suits their mood. Who doesn't listen to different styles of music to suit their mood? Emo music is depressive, and thus, they are drawn to it.

Saying that it gives you pleasure to be an a**hole to a person who's suicidally depressed is beyond disgusting, from my point of view. Grow a spine and tell them that you think nothing of what they have to say and that they should go speak to someone else, because you are unable to see from their perspective or otherwise do not understand what "empathy" means. I mean...you may as well be honest, yeh?

Depressed people are sometimes just that--depressed. They can't just decide to be bright and cheery. You're sorely mistaken if that's your take on it. Depression is a disorder which, most often, can be treated. Often times, it is a symptom of other serious medical ad psychological disorders. Either way, it's not a lifestyle choice that a person can control. No one chooses to feel like shite.

This whole thread is sort of disturbing to me, in the attitudes people are displaying. Not all of you, no...but enough to make me shake my head in dismay.

And, for the record, I wouldn't be classified as emo. I loathe the so-called emo music, I despise being depressed, I don't wear pink, nor do I pretend to be gay, nor any of the other stereotypes I've read here. I do, however, have a history of both cutting and other psych disorders.

No one ever knew I was cutting when I did, and no one knew for years after. It had absolutely nothing to do with attention and everything to do with psychological disorders. My music didn't make me do it, my video games didn't make me do it, my opposite-gendered clothing didn't make me do it, I didn't give a rat's arse about being cool (and who the hell would think someone who cuts themself is cool, anyhow?) and I didn't do it because "all my friends were doing it"...

Depression and cutting aren't a fashion statement of any kind, nor can they be blamed on a genre of music.

I just want to say that this entire thread is a heap of miseducation and blatant stereotyping. I'm disappointed.[/QUOTE][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]

Want to know somthing? A bunch of whiny pale-faced kids in eyeliner listening to ****** music aren't depressed people - they're a clique, they want attention, they want people to look at them and talk about them. They're people who often have absolutely no right to be depressed, as has been mentioned. I have many personal experiances with people who's parents shower them with things and they live in a great life - but they still feel they have the right to be depressed? No, no that is not right! There are people who spend their entire life making Nike shoes or cleaning out chimneys or some other absolutely deplorable task, getting paid almost nothing, and they don't dress in black with girl pants, they're not all 'Look at me, I cry black blood!'! No, no, they just just soldier on and keep on with their ****** life.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but for the vast majority of the time this is true. It's also worth noting that most people who DO have a right to be depressed in our society don't dress in black and draw attention to themselves, they hit the bong pretty hard. It's disgusting to see a bunch of whiny little kids trying to make everyone feel sorry for their trivial little problems - that's whats disgusting.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][font=Times New Roman][color=Sienna]

Want to know somthing? A bunch of whiny pale-faced kids in eyeliner listening to ****** music aren't depressed people - they're a clique, they want attention, they want people to look at them and talk about them. They're people who often have absolutely no right to be depressed, as has been mentioned. I have many personal experiances with people who's parents shower them with things and they live in a great life - but they still feel they have the right to be depressed? No, no that is not right! There are people who spend their entire life making Nike shoes or cleaning out chimneys or some other absolutely deplorable task, getting paid almost nothing, and they don't dress in black with girl pants, they're not all 'Look at me, I cry black blood!'! No, no, they just just soldier on and keep on with their ****** life.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but for the vast majority of the time this is true. It's also worth noting that most people who DO have a right to be depressed in our society don't dress in black and draw attention to themselves, they hit the bong pretty hard. It's disgusting to see a bunch of whiny little kids trying to make everyone feel sorry for their trivial little problems - that's whats disgusting.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
Did I say anything contradicting what you've said? I don't think so.

Of course there are entirely false people who will feign nearly anything in an attempt for attention. Most of the so-called "emo" kids I know are not like the ones you know. The ones you know are already known by the title "AttentionWhore".

And hey--guess what? People from all walks of life wear black--so ****ing what?

I didn't argue anything about the attention-whore types--my point was that not all depressed people and not all cutters are the attention-whoring sort. Not everyone who wears black is depressed. Not everyone who wears pink is gay.

Don't attack me for defending something that needs to be clarified, please.

What I actually said was that it's disgusting to be an a**hole to someone who is suicidally depressed.

I agree that attention whores using suicide as an attention ploy need to wake up and count their blessings. Those people do not, however, fall under the description of "suicidally depressed" in my book....more like, socially retarded.

Although I don't agree that the depressed population hides itself away and doesn't wear black, I do agree that very few people, in this country especially, have real reason to be depressed outside of chemical imbalances going on in their neural transmitters, etc.

Not all "emo" -fashion kids are off in the corner crying blood and cutting their wrists, shouting out for attention, alright?

And there are many of us who are or have been cutters that never wanted any attention for it, and we kept it from everyone. That was my point.

[QUOTE=elfpirate]Did I say anything contradicting what you've said? I don't think so.

Of course there are entirely false people who will feign nearly anything in an attempt for attention. Most of the so-called "emo" kids I know are not like the ones you know. The ones you know are already known by the title "AttentionWhore".

I didn't argue anything about the attention-whore types--my point was that not all depressed people and not all cutters are the attention-whoring sort. Not everyone who wears black is depressed. Not everyone who wears pink is gay.

What I actually said was that it's disgusting to be an a**hole to someone who is suicidally depressed.

I agree that attention whores using suicide as an attention ploy need to wake up and count their blessings. Those people do not, however, fall under the description of "suicidally depressed" in my book....more like, socially retarded.

Although I don't agree that the depressed population hides itself away and doesn't wear black, I do agree that very few people, in this country especially, have real reason to be depressed outside of chemical imbalances going on in their neural transmitters, etc.

Not all "emo" -fashion kids are off in the corner crying blood and cutting their wrists, shouting out for attention, alright?

And there are many of us who are or have been cutters that never wanted any attention for it, and we kept it from everyone. That was my point.[/QUOTE][FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR=Sienna]
And I have absolutely no problem with those people - the people who I absolutely hate are the, as somone here put it, 'Neo-emos' - the attention whores. I don't care what they're actually called or what actual emos are, but my definition of emo is just that - a bunch of little whiney-*** kids who piss everyone off to get attention. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][font=Times New Roman]
[color=Sienna]
And I have absolutely no problem with those people - the people who I absolutely hate are the, as somone here put it, 'Neo-emos' - the attention whores. I don't care what they're actually called or what actual emos are, but my definition of emo is just that - a bunch of little whiney-*** kids who piss everyone off to get attention. [/color][/font][/QUOTE]
Alright then, there's no issue between us.

Attention whores are hell no matter what group they're thrown into or what label they're called by. They permeate all walks of life.

I just wanted to point out that some of those stereotypes really bothered me.:animesigh

[QUOTE=elfpirate] Of course there are entirely false people who will feign nearly anything in an attempt for attention. Most of the so-called "emo" kids I know are not like the ones you know. The ones you know are already known by the title "AttentionWhore".

And there are many of us who are or have been cutters that never wanted any attention for it, and we kept it from everyone. That was my point.[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?AttentionWhore? That?s a better way to put it. At least for the kids I?ve seen. >_< And I?ve never understood why people care if someone wears black. That just doesn?t make any sense to me.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]They're people who often have absolutely no right to be depressed, as has been mentioned. I have many personal experiances with people who's parents shower them with things and they live in a great life - but they still feel they have the right to be depressed? No, no that is not right! [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][color=33333][font=trebuchet ms]Because depression is a completely logical phenomenon which only affects people who have the "right" to be upset, amirite?[/color][/font]

I agree with Lore; depression is a chemical imbalance. Thats why it is such a mystery; there is nothing that really says you are allowed to get depressed.

Most emo kids are teenagers; people whose bodies are in constant flux physiclly and emotionally. Sometimes they get depressed and some don't its checmical.

I'm emo. But I'm not sad, I don't cut myself, and I don't wear girl clothes. I'm almost always a happy person. I've only ever cut myself once and I don't want to talk about it. I also hate girl clothes. Heck, my girlfriend hates girl clothes. I love the music though. Mostly because I have an obsession with morbid things. Bones and such are so cool. I love them. Especially human bones. To think that the bone before me was once part of a person who thought and had a life is so cool. And buying human bones is legal. Very legal. Also weapons. I have more weapons than most villages in Europe had in 1400. Spikes are cool too. I love spikes. Spikes in leather though are even cooler. I like black clothes though. Me being a hemopheliac, I tend to bleed at the slightest things. That's my way of lightening my clothing bills. I like emo stuff. Its nice.

[SIZE=1]I don't really know any goths/emos. The closest - and I don't realy want to label him an emo - is a good friend of mine who complains about his life alot. I mean, alot (I'm just too lazy to bold the word). Almost everyone else relatively close to him has complained at one time or another about how much he complains. I don't really mind though. See, the thing that separates him from emos is that he actually has a fair deal in his life to complain about, most emos. I guess I complain too much myself, so I don't mind.

~I think he just needs someone to listen to him.~

RtT[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][CENTER]I seriously don't get why people would WANT to be Emo. And if you are sad arent you supposed to listen to happy music or even rage music so that you feel different. Or is it that they just want someone to notice them so they are emotional trying to get everyone feel sympathy for them. I am sorry for all those who are offended by what I say but take this a wake up call. :mad: I am not even really that old and I have gone through so many fricking things i can't even BEGIN to name it all. But oh well, who cares. You get over it and you move on. It is called LIFE. We are in it. Get used to the idea.

~JD~ :catgirl:[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[URL=http://www.dobi.nu/emo/girls.htm]How To Dress Emo v.2.0, For Girls[/URL]
[URL=http://www.dobi.nu/emo/boys.htm]How To Dress Emo, v.2.0, For Guys[/URL]

heh, This is what google threw at me when I looked up Emo.
I was looking for a different picture, but these are pretty funny.

Personally, people who try to be too much of any scene kind of annoy me.
That reminds me of this song I know

"Baker's Dozen"

Oh my God! I'm confused!
I want to go punk, but there's way too many rules
Pardon me, Mr. Punker
I'm looking for some insight
on the core that's right for me
Tell me please, I'm down on my knees
I like my beer, I like my steer
I don't want any holes in my face
I'm no queer
I bought some docs, Black Flag Rocks
Mosh and crowd surf!

I wanna be unusual
I wanna be punk rock
I wanna be unusual

Should I be emo and just cry?
Maybe I'll go skacore and skank until I die
How about hardcore? Really hardcore
I ******* hate that metal ****
Sober vegans you all suck!
So what's your core? Stupid *****!
You must be a riot girl
You're not very funny
Hey, nice tattoo, use some shampoo
Rice cakes, soymilk
Go Sid Vicious!

[IMG]http://www.rootsofcompassion.org/newshop/catalog/images/2003_0609AT.JPG[/IMG]

Ok. I have nothing against the legions of Emu's. But, because I have been depressed lately, people call me Emo. I cant help being depressed. I am not seeking sympathy or attention, unlike the emos at my school. Thats what they are after, sympathy and attention. And now for cutting. My friend, who is actually depressed, cuts. He dosnt do it to seek attention like these Emu children. He finds it a way to realive himself. My point is, because me and my friend are depressed, dosnt make us Emu. It makes us messed up in the head, but we are not Emu. Being depressed dosnt make you emo. Besides, i dont like ****** music. :animesmil

[QUOTE=MirrIll]It's not what I consider to be real emo, it's simply what emo is. The main difference between emo and what is considered emo now is the fact that, well, they sound NOTHING ALIKE.

To set things straight, I don't even like real emo. I can't get into it. I'm actually a fan of a lot of bands considered "emo" nowadays. The only reason this topic fires me up so much is the fact that these people, these kids, these "music" stations are taking something that was once respectable and basically bastardizing it.

Emo has become the signature term for "whiny kids who cut themselves, can't keep their girlfriends, and cry too much". Now every kid in girls jeans, every kid with black hair, every boy in eyeliner, every girl wearing tacky jewelry, is automatically labeled emo.

Scene and emo do not equal the same thing, yet somehow they've become one.
Scene is a pretty crappy word as well, and I'd say it's hardly a term to be proud of, but when it comes down to labels, that's what the whole girl pants, band t-shirt cliche fits under.

And it SHOULD mean something to them that it means emotive hardcore. "Emotional" could fit in almost any genre of music, so that doesn't even make sense. People should know what they're claiming before claiming it.

But why do people need to label themselves, anyway?
I guess fitting in is more important in the majority of today's culture than being yourself, and it's pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

[font=georgia][color=indigo]
Ok so heres what I can't understand about this entire post. It bugs people (and you, considering your post) that kids are changing the label of "Emo" to mean something different than what it used to. You beileve that Emo should maintain the "sacred" meaning it had before as "Emotive hardcore," and continuing on you believe these kids should call themselves "Scenesters" instead of "emo" because thats really what they are, because they are "emo."

Well...if everything stated above is how you feel, how can you really say that you hate labels? You not only reinforced them, but you also re-labeled these kids. Labels are a part of society, and no matter how many people claim to hate them, they are used. Sure you can have your romantic ideals of a soceity that doesn't label, and loves everyone equally, but unfortunatly, thats impossible. Human nature is to group things into different categories...

Basic Example = "Good vs. Bad"

This labeling has lead to the survival of the human race. So I guess you can promote extinction over labeling, and thats fine for you, but personally I'd rather be labeled than be dead.

Second point, its the right of the person to label themselves whatever they want to be labeled. If they want to be labeled "emo" then let them be labeled "emo." Its their choice in the matter, don't tell them what they have to label themselves as, thats just ignorant. Also, all labels change. Just look at "Punk." "True" punk is all but lost in this generation, and thats a fact. Punk now sounds nothing like punk did back then, but its still punk. The music label reflects the label of the culter, because the culture creates the music, and the music then in turn defines th culture.

In general who's choice is it? Its the people that label themselves, or dress themselves accodingly. If they want to be in the crowd that people see as "Whiney", "Self-loathing", "Needy", or whatever then thats their choice. I have no problem with them, sure sometimes constant whining might get annoying, but I'd rather have a world full of Neo-Emo's than a world full of Drug Cartels that would shoot every single one of us if they had a chance. So sure these Neo-Emos might be annoying, and they might even sound like fingernails on a chalk board (I HATE that sound) but atleast they arn't hurting anyone, besides themselves.

So my say in this is: Go Neo-Emos, I sure as hell won't be one of you!!!

[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]The way I see it. You get your 'stereotypical' emo, the ones that perhaps wear black, have there multiple pair of converse, wear excessive eye make-up (males included), wear several million safety pins on all parts of there clothing, cut themselves, and crave attention left-right-and-center.

Then! You get what I call 'happy-emo'. It is all I describe above not including the cutting themselves and craving attention. They may listen to 'stereotypical' emo bands such as Dashboard Confessional and Matchbook Romance, but they do it because they want to, not because it's a fad to be 'depressed'.

What I hate is, when you're feeling down for one reason or another, and you just wanna think, you'll always get the insult of emo thrown at you. I mean, how is such a label meant to be insulting these days. It's just a term used for someone in touch with there emotions.

What I also hate is, even if you enjoy the music and you listen to it without wearing the clothing and cutting yourself then you're classed as being emo, why? Because even if you're wearing bright white and wearing bright white Nike trainers your craving attention by listening to the music but not dressing like a stereotypical emo.

So much excuses.[/SIZE]

[color=darkslateblue] I think the 'real' emos are ones that wear really colorful clothing and are actually happy. The term 'emo' came from emo music and the artistic and musical kids who expressed their emotions through whatever art they performed. I have no idea how it changed into what it is now, though. I suppose I would like the first emos. XD[/color]