OtakuBoards

Scarriest Character

lee123

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I dont know about that....I think some battle situtations that you get into are pretty scary...like in Kingdom Hearts, in the collisum battles when your running low on health and Mp. That can get your heart going. But! Truly scary...for me...never existis. :cool:[/COLOR]

One jump moment. One. I was playing Morrowind. It was the infamous MWSummer in cinnaminson. I literally spent the entire summer playing morrowind, nonstop. I was really in to it one night, lightning struck, the assassins were hard to see through the rain. I get lost in the game, and almost tank the couch backwards from jumping away from the computer. I'd missed getting hit in the face by a ninja star by roughly 2 pixels, when I checked the log. [i]That[/i] was an awesome, jump-y/scary moment. No real characters, though...I'd say the Fabricants from Tribunal are definitely disconcerting, but not quite scary.

Well most of the monsters from the Silent Hill games are pretty disturbing things. The ones that springs to mind right now are the nurses in the hospitals. They are slightly different in each game but they are all freaky, I wouldn?t want one doing an operation on me anyways. For a start, like most monsters in Silent Hill they don?t have faces and it looks like their necks are broken as their heads bob about as they walk. In the first game they have foetus like creatures growing out of their backs so that?s pretty bad too, in the fourth game they make a kinda disgusting burping noise as you hit them, no kidding.

Another scary monster for a completely different reason is the Tonberry from the Final Fantasy series. It usually goes like this, first you get a random battle and there?s a little green guy in a robe holding a lantern and a little knife. Then it?s ?aww look how cute it is? which is followed by ?why is it just walking at me?? then the next one is ?run away you idiots!?. Then you get to a high level and just kill them in one hit which is fun.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]One of the scariest video game characters, to me, was the sixteenth colossus from Shadow of the Colossus. Wikipedia calls it Malus. [i]I[/i] called it God-Machine after being killed by it a few times.

It's very frightening, in the first stage of the battle, when you have to [SPOILER]dodge from cover to cover and all the while it's shooting death-bolts at you[/SPOILER], just seeing this colossal monster dominating the screen and feeling the thud of one of its [SPOILER]death-bolts[/SPOILER] hitting the ground right behind you.

It may be scary, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel sad when I eventually killed it...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Shinmaru][center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Shinmaru/squall.jpg[/IMG][/center]

I think it's obvious that he's the scarriest video game character.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]*screams like a little schoolgirl*[/color]

Scary to me is when I was playing .Hack//infection against the parasite dragon and somehow I died and so did my other party member... only Gardina left and she didn't have any ressurects... so I was there for like 10 minutes staring at the screen waiting for her to kick it's *** or die... I got the rare daggers though, but still I was getting really stressed out and my heart was beating super fast... real happy , almost always take gardina now cause of that

[COLOR=Indigo][IMG]http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.yahoo.com/games/buzz/content/p/9/39989/ff2_fam_70.jpg[/IMG]

This is awfully scary. Actually, all of the ghosts in the Fatal frame games are scary. Unlike having tons of weapons to make the zombies blow up in Resident Evil, all you have to protect yourself in the fatal Frames series is a measley camera that is suppose to capture their soul and have them not haunt you and kill you in a murderous rampage.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Flame_Alchemist']Well most of the monsters from the Silent Hill games are pretty disturbing things. The ones that springs to mind right now are the nurses in the hospitals. They are slightly different in each game but they are all freaky, I wouldn?t want one doing an operation on me anyways. For a start, like most monsters in Silent Hill they don?t have faces and it looks like their necks are broken as their heads bob about as they walk. In the first game they have foetus like creatures growing out of their backs so that?s pretty bad too, in the fourth game they make a kinda disgusting burping noise as you hit them.[/quote]

To me, it would depend on what Silent Hill game you speak of. Like if you are talking about 2, it isn't that scary. The movment, maybe. But I think in SH2 they gave too much light. In Silent Hill 2 everything had a message to it (The monsters had messages (pyramid head = James) ). In 3 there were somethings that were freaky, like being in a mall and (Silent Hill doing what it does best) turning into a nightmare. Silent hill gaves a feeling of helplessness and despair. I would have to say Silent Hill. I can't wait for the movie to come out. It will be greatness.
Going back to the game, there is a feeling of death, I think it is what really sets the mood for something to be scary.
Silent Hill likes to explain something scary, and then have you do it in later games. So, I would go for Silent Hill games. If you haven't played them, I would recommend you to play them. ;)

~ Hanabishi

This is a little old school but when I was playing my 64 I loved and hated the doom game on there. I always played in the dark and I would just turn around and this fat monster cames up and tries to eat me. lukily my fav. weapon was the chain saw so I dealt with him in a speacial way. afterward I would get nightmares, since then I havent found a game that could do that to me. :sleep: :animecry: :animedepr :animeswea

[QUOTE=Japan_86][COLOR=Indigo][IMG]http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.yahoo.com/games/buzz/content/p/9/39989/ff2_fam_70.jpg[/IMG]

This is awfully scary. Actually, all of the ghosts in the Fatal frame games are scary. Unlike having tons of weapons to make the zombies blow up in Resident Evil, all you have to protect yourself in the fatal Frames series is a measley camera that is suppose to capture their soul and have them not haunt you and kill you in a murderous rampage.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

... A Camera???? :animesmil lol
That is pretty scary running around a ghost/zombie place or something(Never played that game before)... I love playing scary games on halloween, but over an hour of monsters randomly popping out with the eyes out of there heads.. little kids at the door can end up looking scary then.

Well, there is really only two games that have freaked me out while I was playing it and they were....
Silent Hill 3 and Forbidden Siren. Silent Hill 3 was expected as it is so atmospheric especially when one of those weird Dog things that dripped flesh or something, those definetly freaked me out.

Forbidden Siren is also one of those games that rely less on cheap scares and more on scaring you slowly. The first Shinjuuko that you face in it creeped me out because it is pretty dark and you can't see jack without your torch. You hear some Gunshots and so you would hide behind something. After a while you might creep out from where your hiding and you'll see a Zombie shambling towards you (Mind you, The Zombies/ Shinjuuko are pretty smart which makes it creepy.). Scary stuff man.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I can't believe that no one has put this person up yet, but to me... this is one of the scariest character ever:

[IMG]http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/images/AKH_Sephiroth.jpg[/IMG]

Why hasn't anyone uttered Sephiroth's name yet?? I mean, seriously... while playing FF VII, trying to beat Safer Sephiroth and waiting for the Super Nova attack to finally be over and show what damage it has cause... that totally scared the living h*** out of me, I swear. Also, while trying to beat him in Kingdom Hearts... hearing him say "Sin Harvest" totally freaked me out. That crappeh man scared the living daylights out of me everytime he just.. looked at me. Like, "OMGWTF??! SEPHIROTH DON'T KILL ME!!!" and scream like a little girl who just peed in her pants.

Seriously, do not tell me that he's not scary... I mean, come on... just look at those inhumanly flawless and handsome features!! *screams like the little girl that she is and runs away*

XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Keyblade Wielder][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]
Why hasn't anyone uttered Sephiroth's name yet?? I mean, seriously... while playing FF VII, trying to beat Safer Sephiroth and waiting for the Super Nova attack to finally be over and show what damage it has cause... that totally scared the living h*** out of me, I swear. Also, while trying to beat him in Kingdom Hearts... hearing him say "Sin Harvest" totally freaked me out. That crappeh man scared the living daylights out of me everytime he just.. looked at me. Like, "OMGWTF??! SEPHIROTH DON'T KILL ME!!!" and scream like a little girl who just peed in her pants.

Seriously, do not tell me that he's not scary... I mean, come on... just look at those inhumanly flawless and handsome features!! *screams like the little girl that she is and runs away*

XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

OOOOH YA!! He scares me too. I was grounded because I would get super mad at waiting for him to finish his super nova and I'd hit the wall and scream my head off etc. But I beat him :animeswea and I still havn't gotten around to beating him in Kingdom hearts yet I'm thinking about waiting till my mom isn't home

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Alfred Ashford is by far the most terrifying game character ever.

Oh wait, I meant hilarious. MOVING ON:

To tell you the truth, the only video game character that has ever truely invoked terror in me is the generic video game zombie from the resident evil REmake. It was really a combonation of things more than the zombie itself; the way the camera angles are set up, a zombie could be around every corner, and when you combine that with the clumsy and hard to manuver controles it becomes a nightmare to try and avoid them without losing half your health. Doesn't help you have a grand total of about 7 bullets to kill it with. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Alfred Ashford is by far the most terrifying game character ever.

Oh wait, I meant hilarious. MOVING ON:

To tell you the truth, the only video game character that has ever truely invoked terror in me is the generic video game zombie from the resident evil REmake. It was really a combonation of things more than the zombie itself; the way the camera angles are set up, a zombie could be around every corner, and when you combine that with the clumsy and hard to manuver controles it becomes a nightmare to try and avoid them without losing half your health. Doesn't help you have a grand total of about 7 bullets to kill it with. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Oh finally someone says resident evil I also thought who was scary was the licker you know the thing on the ground in that 1st resident evil game that scared the heck out of me!

[quote name='sinsa']I think the scariest is the chainsaw guy in Resident Evil 4. Once he sneaked up on me and I jumped outta my seat... :animeswea[/quote]
Lol, that's the reason why I stopped playing those games I got pissed off after that happened to me and just gave up on all those kind of games with zombies and shooting there heads off etc

I hate to say it I can't think of any game characters I ever found scary. Now there have been moments that frightened me like my first time playing Resident Evil and the dogs jump in through the windows but that is just due to the sudden unexpected shock. Though I have to say I have been really creeped out by the Silent Hill series.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I just remembered about a friend of mine who had a phobia over horror games. Well, she played Resident Evil [b]alone[/b] on her room ([b]light's off[/b]) at [b]night[/b] (what could be scarier than that?), and then right on the moment a zombie attacked her suddenly, her maid come and touches her shoulder from behind. I heard she immidiately screamed and passed out on that exact moment, she had the phobia ever since.

Back to the topic, I found all monsters on games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. (count Devil May Cry out please) terrifies me. I wouldn't, on my life, even once played any of them (yeah, you could call me a coward for that).[/FONT]

hmmmmmm. uh in my opion the weirdest monster i've ran into is.... anything with it's head off, and it's still coming at you even though you using your most powerful firearm..... after many rounds unloaded, it hits the ground, in a puddle of blood. you walk away from it then it's charges at you down a hallway with a dead end. IT. DOES. NOT. DIE.

AND

the combine from half lifeII, they were like freaky looking....*shudders*

[QUOTE=Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
Back to the topic, I found all monsters on games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. (count Devil May Cry out please) terrifies me. I wouldn't, on my life, even once played any of them (yeah, you could call me a coward for that).[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Teal]Ya that's mostly the same deal with me, but I did play one resident evil then after all the freak show zombies started coming out it became to hard for me to handle and I had to give up on the whole series. This goes somewhat with movies too.[/COLOR][/FONT]

:twitch:.......Silent....Hill.......bad....guys.....

most of them scare the living @%*# out of me, especially those Nurses! oooh! and the ghosts things off number 4, one minute, you're peacefully walking down the corridor, then it's "huh? OH MY GOD RUN!! IT'S COMING THROUGH THE WALL!!!!" god i hated them

also, i was scared of those Zombies that stay after you kill them in Resident Evil 1 remake, the "crimson heads". Bombing down thecorridors at you ready to club you with their fists, not that i found the zombie himself scary, it was the fact that most of the time it happened, i was out of petrol to burn them

but scariest = Silent Hill bad guys, i still love the games though