OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

Okay, I actually read this chapter a few minutes ago because I was curious about the jacket. No, seriously. Anyway, was I the only one here that thought that Naruto's abuse of eyeshadow actually worked for him? *shot*

And as for the forehead protector thing...I say it just fell off or something. But you just never know anymore...

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]Anyone else notice Kakashi's lost his forehead protector? Symbolic, or irrelevent?[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Looking back at the last chapter before the bomb it doesn't seem to be on, but you never know. Kishimoto seems to be a sucker for symbolism. Kinda like how he symbolically showed Kakashi and Choza among the survivors in chapter 430 while leaving the confirmed dead(Shizune) literally and figuratively out of the picture.

As for future chapters, I feel like Pein is going to be stricken with a serious case of Shonen Main Character syndrome and forced to withdraw, but I'd love to be wrong about that one.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Excuse me while I spew my soda all over my monitor.

[I]Seriously[/I], Gav? :animesmil I think I remember saying the same thing when that Farscape mini-series was announced to appease the hordes of us crying for our promised season. And we all know how [I]that[/I] turned out.

On the upside, I might actually start reading this thing, just so my current chuckles can be magnified to a laughter somewhat more riotous. And then Ace-ole-boy'll have one more viewer!

[spoiler]Yes, Gavin, I [I]am[/I] going to continue to make fun of you for having hope. It's what I do. (^_^)[/spoiler][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Fine, fine I'll keep my optimism to myself while every else laments how bad the series is getting while reading it religiously each week, it seems slightly less silly that way.

As for Farscape Al, I must admit to never watching it so I'm afraid your example is lost on me there but I'm sure it was apt, that's what you do after all [spoiler]along with mocking me.[/spoiler] :p
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]As for Farscape Al, I must admit to never watching it so I'm afraid your example is lost on me there but I'm sure it was apt, that's what you do after all [spoiler]along with mocking me.[/spoiler] :p
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh, he does that to everyone. Just check his sig.

Anyway, I guess you're right about the not recognizing Konoha thing. I just thought it was kind of strange at the time since it's not like teleportation jutsus just up and miss the mark like that. Seriously, though. Of all the things to survive, why is Mt. Rushkage unscathed in the slightest? The entire damn village just got nuked.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Same here. With regards to Tsunade though, while she fought against Orochimaru, she is primarily a healing ninja, and as Hokage, rushing into a battle that would potentially get her killed would leave Konohagakure without a leader at a time it desperately needs someone to govern it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

LOL THERES NOT MUCH KONOHA TO GOVERN ATM

*clears throat

C'mon, Ace, you had to think Naruto's 4th Hokage Coat thing was at least a little cool. I, for one, thought it was pretty pimpin'. And I agree with Gavin. This was one of the best chapters that's come out in quite a while, so let's hope things get better with more time. ;)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]LOL THERES NOT MUCH KONOHA TO GOVERN ATM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Haha, well, yes. But there was at the time.

I'm a little annoyed with the sudden "He's surpassed them!" comment. We haven't actually seen much of a progression of that growth. From what I've seen he must be on a par at least, but aside from his strength in Sage Mode we haven't actually seen any elemental manipulation things as impressive as Yamato or Sandaime's. That's what I want to see.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, I [B]completely[/B] disagree with the whole Naruto surpassing them thing.

I MEAN-

Okay. He beat that one Pein with one little Rasengan. I'll give him that. But he hasn't summoned one frog in Shippuden so we don't know if he can summon Gamabunta on command, hasn't made up and super awesome Jutsu on-par with Rasengan, trained a shinobi to be a genius of his generation or done super cool dimensional stuff like Yondaime.

Also, [u]he hasn't sealed the Kyuubi into his own son's body[/u]

.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, I [B]completely[/B] disagree with the whole Naruto surpassing them thing.

I MEAN-

Okay. He beat that one Pein with one little Rasengan. I'll give him that. But he hasn't summoned one frog in Shippuden so we don't know if he can summon Gamabunta on command, hasn't made up and super awesome Jutsu on-par with Rasengan, trained a shinobi to be a genius of his generation or done super cool dimensional stuff like Yondaime.

Also, [u]he hasn't sealed the Kyuubi into his own son's body[/u]

.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Err.... Here's what you're missing. Kakashi struggled with one Pein. Jiraya struggled against a Pein. (but he did keep up with 3... so I'll give him credit there.) Tsunade can't do a thing against Pein. The village, no doubt is full of Jounin.. (The kiddies parents) They couldn't do a thing. And here we have Naruto with the oh so dreaded one hit kill crap that I can't stand. If that's not surpassing the higher ups then I don't know what is.

But I don't really care at this point. It was bound to happen sooner or later, especially with the way Tsunade is with this "lets rely on Naruto" attitude. While the chapter itself wasn't that bad, it was still bad because of Naruto. He won't truly gain my respect until I see him constantly use his head instead of being rash and idiotic about everything.

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]
C'mon, Ace, you had to think Naruto's 4th Hokage Coat thing was at least a little cool. I, for one, thought it was pretty pimpin'.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, to be fair, it would've probably looked pretty awesome without that colorspread on the front page. Our boy Naruto needs to ditch that stupid jumpsuit. It tends to clash with just about everything.

This has been Metrosexual Corner. Join us tomorrow, when we discuss the strange obsession the Akatsuki have with fingernail polish, despite only one of them being female.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, to be fair, it would've probably looked pretty awesome without that colorspread on the front page. Our boy Naruto needs to ditch that stupid jumpsuit. It tends to clash with just about everything.

This has been Metrosexual Corner. Join us tomorrow, when we discuss the strange obsession the Akatsuki have with fingernail polish, despite only one of them being female.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Point about the jumpsuit is agreed, but the cloak's own colours are pretty crap as well, seriously Kishi must be a bit colour-blind after working with black and white for so long.

As for Akatsuki's fetish for nail-polish who knows, there's probably some kind of logical explanation involving yet another of Madara's identities.[/SIZE]

Can we have a subforum on OB called the Metrosexual Corner, please?

Personally I'd give Naruto the benefit of the doubt and call the Rasen-Shuriken a new jutsu (and a pretty awesome one if he really has learned to throw it). Though I concede that Kakashi and Jiraiya taught him all the underlying theory and all he had to do was put it together, it's still a unique jutsu only Naruto can perform (because it requires Sage mode to prevent it from molecularly deconstructing the wielder's throwing arm, and surplus Nine-tails chakra to sustain all the Shadow clones he'll need to perform it. Real body gathers chakra in his palm, Clone 1 rotates it, Clone 2 injects wind element, Clone 3 stands very still gathering natural energy, Clones 4 through 6 provide a distraction so he can do all that under Pain's noses...).

[SIZE="1"]Actually given his natural affinity towards the technique I've always been a little curious as to why Naruto has never tried to improve the Kage Bunshin jutsu with a personal variation. Naruto doesn't seem to be affected by the chakra requirements of the technique at all even with phenominal numbers of clones and given none of the doujutsu introduced in the series can penetrate them it seems only natural he take advantage of it.

Obviously the only real improvement he could make would be the durability of the clones themselves, but if he managed to do it, it could certainly be counted as another step towards succeeded his teachers. He'd hardly have any need to try to learn his father's jutsu of appearing to be everywhere at once when he could literally be everywhere at once on a battlefield.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Obviously the only real improvement he could make would be the durability of the clones themselves, but if he managed to do it, it could certainly be counted as another step towards succeeded his teachers. He'd hardly have any need to try to learn his father's jutsu of appearing to be everywhere at once when he could literally be everywhere at once on a battlefield.[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Well, unless he could make every clone produce a Rasen-Shuriken, that is.

I have to agree though; considering the strength of the Itatchi and Kisame clones earlier in the series, durability and widening the jutsu he uses when controlling Kage Bunshin would be cool to see.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]I have to agree though; considering the strength of the Itatchi and Kisame clones earlier in the series, durability and widening the jutsu he uses when controlling Kage Bunshin would be cool to see.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed, the only problem that could arise out of it would be it leading to a whole new version of "it was all just a genjutsu" that plagued Sasuke's fight with his big brother.

I get the feeling though we're going to see a few new technique for Naruto displayed over the coming weeks with this fight.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I get the feeling though we're going to see a few new technique for Naruto displayed over the coming weeks with this fight.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Is anyone else slightly nauseated at the thought of this?:animedepr After all, the fight may very well consist of one kick-a** jutsu after the other, all of which would PWN a Pein-clone-ish-thingy in one third of a second. IT JUST SHOULDN'T BE THAT EASY!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][URL="http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=20966489&postcount=1"]"Analysis of Naruto and Stuff"[/URL]

Reading this made me remember I actually like the character Naruto. Just this damn series fills me with such negativity. :(

[quote name='chibi-master']Is anyone else slightly nauseated at the thought of this?:animedepr After all, the fight may very well consist of one kick-a** jutsu after the other, all of which would PWN a Pein-clone-ish-thingy in one third of a second. IT JUST SHOULDN'T BE THAT EASY!!![/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.

Actually, when the six Peins appeared, I'd been hoping that the battle against them would involve multiple of the Konoha 11, so Naruto/Sasuke wouldn't get to hog the spotlight. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I'm okay with Naruto. Not so much Naruto [u]alone[/], but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Is anyone else slightly nauseated at the thought of this?:animedepr After all, the fight may very well consist of one kick-a** jutsu after the other, all of which would PWN a Pein-clone-ish-thingy in one third of a second. IT JUST SHOULDN'T BE THAT EASY!!![/QUOTE]

[size=1]I think it'll be revealed next week that Naruto was only able to one-hit-kill Robo-Pein because Pein was not expecting the attack and had been severely underestimating Naruto's level of attack power anyway.

Methinks that the subsequent combat after this will likely be much more one-sided on Pein's behalf although I am still expecting some new toad-derived jutsu from Naruto to help even the score given he is supposed to have surpassed both Kakashi and Jiraiya at this point.

Whether or not Naruto has allies in the upcoming fight is pretty irrelevant given Pein has been set-up in such a way as it's evident nobody in Konoha below the S-Rank has a chance of beating one of his bodies, so if the other members of Konoha's 11 do decide to turn up they'd better be prepared to leave in body-bags. Besides Naruto needs to win this fight by himself to prove he has a chance of beating Sasuke during their inevitable showdown.[/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][size=1]Besides Naruto needs to win this fight by himself to prove he has a chance of beating Sasuke during their inevitable showdown.[/size][/QUOTE]
Really? I wouldn't say Naruto needs to win this fight to prove he has a chance to beat Sasuke. Even Sasuke don't stand a chance against Pein. And now that Sasuke don't have that curse anymore the tide had already shifted in Naruto's favor. (Ugh.)

[quote name='Magus']Really? I wouldn't say Naruto needs to win this fight to prove he has a chance to beat Sasuke. Even Sasuke don't stand a chance against Pein. And now that Sasuke don't have that curse anymore the tide had already shifted in Naruto's favor. (Ugh.)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Perhaps that should have been closer to "if Naruto beats Pein he'll mop the floor with Sasuke" but I still feel Naruto needs to be one S-Rank enemy by himself to prove he can handle a one-on-one fight with an extremely skilled/haxed enemy.

Additionally I'm taking Sasuke's new sharingan as being a possible equaliser in the fight against Naruto's raw power which comes from the Kyuubi who is known to be weak to that doujutsu's influence. There's also the likelihood that Sasuke will be haxed again before the fight with some new or improved jutsus if the past is any indicator.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Perhaps that should have been closer to "if Naruto beats Pein he'll mop the floor with Sasuke" but I still feel Naruto needs to be one S-Rank enemy by himself to prove he can handle a one-on-one fight with an extremely skilled/haxed enemy.

Additionally I'm taking Sasuke's new sharingan as being a possible equaliser in the fight against Naruto's raw power which comes from the Kyuubi who is known to be weak to that doujutsu's influence. There's also the likelihood that Sasuke will be haxed again before the fight with some new or improved jutsus if the past is any indicator.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Kakuzu don't count as an S-Rank? :)

Honestly, and this is looking at the fight with Killerbee. I was not impressed with Sasuke's fighting abilities during that fight. If it wasn't for the bail out (Not once, but twice) he would've definately died. And all Sasuke seemed to have going for him was Amaterasu.

If that idiot has any type of common sense what-so-ever, and actually use what he learned against the Itachi impersonator, he should know how to deal with Sharingan without the use of the Kyuubi. (Keyword being "IF") Perhaps I'm giving Naruto too much credit with this sage mode.

I do see Sasuke getting another form of a power up though. Or unlocking some ability with his sharingan that [spoiler]forces the opponent to kill themselves.... Which would be stealing from Basilisk. Since that ability itself puts Tsukuyomi to shame.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Magus']Kakuzu don't count as an S-Rank? :)

Honestly, and this is looking at the fight with Killerbee. I was not impressed with Sasuke's fighting abilities during that fight. If it wasn't for the bail out (Not once, but twice) he would've definately died. And all Sasuke seemed to have going for him was Amaterasu.

If that idiot has any type of common sense what-so-ever, and actually use what he learned against the Itachi impersonator, he should know how to deal with Sharingan without the use of the Kyuubi. (Keyword being "IF") Perhaps I'm giving Naruto too much credit with this sage mode.

I do see Sasuke getting another form of a power up though. Or unlocking some ability with his sharingan that [spoiler]forces the opponent to kill themselves.... Which would be stealing from Basilisk. Since that ability itself puts Tsukuyomi to shame.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Kakuzu is S-Rank yes but Naruto didn't defeat him by himself so that victory doesn't qualify in my books.

As for Sasuke's poor performance against Killerbee I suppose if one were to be very merciful the excuse that his whole fighting style has had to change due to losing his cursed seal and getting the mangekyou and he obviously didn't have enough time to master it resulting in a major ***-whuppin'. Of course I wanted Sasuke to die like everyone else so that point may be irrelevent.

Naruto's advantage over fighting Sasuke really only comes if he can improve the durability of the kage bunshin to the point where it mimics and actual body in the same way Pein's copy jutsu does. If he's alone then tactics dictate he runs, but this is the same man who can become an army at will so perhaps that point is invalid as well. Maybe though Naruto will be the one to get Kakashi's eye and we might see a sharingan-off again, very unlikely but not impossible.

It would actually really suck if Sasuke got Gennosuke's ability because he's definitely not cool enough to deserve it. Itachi yes, Sasuke no.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Kakuzu is S-Rank yes but Naruto didn't defeat him by himself so that victory doesn't qualify in my books.

As for Sasuke's poor performance against Killerbee I suppose if one were to be very merciful the excuse that his whole fighting style has had to change due to losing his cursed seal and getting the mangekyou and he obviously didn't have enough time to master it resulting in a major ***-whuppin'. Of course I wanted Sasuke to die like everyone else so that point may be irrelevent.

Naruto's advantage over fighting Sasuke really only comes if he can improve the durability of the kage bunshin to the point where it mimics and actual body in the same way Pein's copy jutsu does. If he's alone then tactics dictate he runs, but this is the same man who can become an army at will so perhaps that point is invalid as well. Maybe though Naruto will be the one to get Kakashi's eye and we might see a sharingan-off again, very unlikely but not impossible.

It would actually really suck if Sasuke got Gennosuke's ability because he's definitely not cool enough to deserve it. Itachi yes, Sasuke no.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Technically, he did beat Kakuzu by himself. Yeah, he already had 2 hearts down before the fight even started... Naruto was already warn out though... Even grounds, no? But I'll give that one to ya. :)

Haha... Out of everyone here, whose merciful enough to by that excuse for Sasuke? XD After "beating" (HAH) Itachi, there is no way I'll except that excuse for a poor performance.

Oh... I forgot that Naruto don't know any earth style jutsu's.... But I'm pretty certain that that idiot knows how to improvise. I can't believe I'm defending this guy. If Kakashi gave Naruto his eye, "scratch head" I don't know... I'll probably just sit, pout, and dog Kishi for sinking so low. I'm still worried about the power gainage Itachi gave to Naruto as it is... Let's not put any more weird thoughts into my head.

[size=1]I'd be real pissed if Sasuke gained Gennosuke's ability.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Heh well Naruto is the most unpredictable ninja in all of Konoha so improvisation is definitely one of his stronger points. That said I get the feeling his toad training has wisened him up quite a bit and maybe made him a bit more tactically minded as well so hopefully he won't come off as a complete idiot in this fight. Thankfully he's certainly more serious looking than usual, even without the shite colour-scheme of his attire.

One question that is still bugging me beyond "who's getting Kakashi's eye ?" is where the hell Yamato is during all this. Konoha's only wood-user would seem to have taken a siesta when he's needed the most, of course the same goes for Gai, Neji and Lee...oh and that other girl.[/SIZE]

i thought it was pretty cool entrance with the 3 frogs... it looks like naruto has gotten alot stronger.. in this condition he could probably even take sasuke ( but we need to see how he deals with pain first). that is true we haven't seen yamato... he could be on a mission like gai's team or he could be that ANBU that was with tsunade