OtakuBoards

What Grinds Your Gears? V2.0

Aberinkula

[COLOR="Navy"][U][SIZE="1"][CENTER]WARNING: repeat thread.[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U]

[B]So what pisses you off most in this world? Do you have a pet peeve? If so what is it.[/B]

For me it's people who fall in love with a band then abandons them. A couple of my friends have and I'm like WTF? I've loved Breaking benjamin for a few months now, and I always will. I wonder if they'll be making a new album anytime soon. All I need to do is find Saturate and my collection is complete.

Also I hate it when my friend says, "your girlfriend has a nice ***" in front of the guy and his girl, who are other friends of mine BTW. Keep it to yourself. If I like her ***, I sure as well wouldn't say it in front of the guy.

[B]So what grinds your gears? Post your gear grinders here.[/B][/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1]I hate it when people take me seriously at the wrong times. Same goes if I'm being serious about something and they think I'm kidding.

I hate it when people don't know how to take a hint.

I hate it when people take my stuff and play monkey in the middle with it.

I hate it when people pay for stuff for me, like when we go out to eat.

I hate it when people IM me and expect me to carry the conversation, it's like "why did you IM me in the first place?"

I hate it when people pray for me in a bad way. I think that only exists in this general area, though. I can't even explain it, because I don't understand it.

There's more, but I don't want to rant too much, hahaha.
With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg! Oops, wrong show.[/font][/size]

Guest EvaBlood
Goths, People With God Complexes ,Country and any type of "R&B", A lot Of People, Fake People like you...ha , Drugs, ignorance, tressing ...ah,lies, I Fin Bite my Tounge and theres just like a little peace hanging there!! grr the anger! people who bring up sit that they know not to

Preps, My school couceler shes to damn happy!, people who qoute stupid sayings peter says on family guy *hint hint*, People who lie about themselfs, Kids who think thta if they buy an instrament they think they can start a band, Math class,
little kids, Most teachers, stupid shows on t.v, jocks, lockers that wont open, to much chat speak on the internet, people who use chat speak in real life, people who don't accept you for who you are, and much more.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Simple grammatical errors. To no ****ing end.

My stepdad likes to have bottled water by him when he sleeps, so we have to keep the refridgerator full of bottled water. So when he asks if there is any water, he says, 'Are there any cold waters in the fridge?'

NO, THERE ARE NO 'WATERS', TRY AGAIN.

My manager at work usually has people sweep up before they leave. So before I am sent home, she asks, 'Can you getta sweep around the restaurant?'

NOPE, CAN'T 'GETTA SWEEP' ***HOLE.

I live in Chicago, so people are lazy and take the words 'front room', and smash them together in a horrible amalgam of the two words: 'frunchroom'.

JUST SAY IT RIGHT.

[COLOR="Black"][quote name='Metalcore501']People who lie about themselfs[/quote] [/COLOR]

You fail me. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"][U][SIZE="1"][CENTER]WARNING: repeat thread.[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U]

For me it's people who fall in love with a band then abandons them. A couple of my friends have and I'm like WTF? I've loved Breaking benjamin for a [b]few months [/b]now, and I always will. I wonder if they'll be making a new album anytime soon. All I need to do is find Saturate and my collection is complete.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo] Fact of life: Peoples music tastes change, it's no big deal.

People who shouldn't be driving because they are incompetent grind my gears. I get sick and tired of having to look out for these loons who have no sense of direction or are oblivious to the fact that I am even there. Drivers who use their cellphones while driving also irk me to no end.

Oh, and not placing my foot down on the clutch before a gear change grinds my gears too. ;p[/size][/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"]People who make snap judgments based on stereotypes instead of finding out what someone is really like. Pretty short sighted if you ask me.

Beaters, or rather people who beat on their spouses or children, as well as rapists. People like that really need to be dragged out into the street and shot. The same goes for people who beat/starve and abuse their pets. [/COLOR]

People who spell the simplest things wrong; it's either that they really can't spell or just don't read what they type and fix the typos.

People who are too lazy to spell things out and those who avoid using the shift key at all costs when it comes capital letters and punctuation.

People who can't stand their ground in expressing their own 'strong' beliefs.

People who think they are higher than everyone else; who think they can get away with anything at all and treat others as dirt to be stepped on.

[RIGHT][SIZE="1"]will continue later?
oh so critical.[/SIZE]
:bash:[/RIGHT]

So many things I'd love to say but can't. But judging others without bothering to find out what they really are like is definately one of them.

And even though it's not their fault, people who sing off key. It's like nails on a chalk board. *shudder*

Oh and stupid people who drive while talking on their cellphone/eating/putting on makeup, etc. I still want to smack the idiot who was doing just that last year and wrecked the car I was in. Resulting in my needing painful surgeries to repair the damage to my right leg.

There's more, but that will do for now.

[SIZE=1] - People who use internet shorthand [ie LOL] in real life conversation

that's why you're taking an English course my friends.

- people who mimic you

dude. just stop trying to play 7.18 on a fake telecaster, you suck. go die.

- people who are quick to judge other people.

no, sorry, I [B][U] dont[/B][/U] run cross country, but I do play tennis.

- death metal

no, I wont play trivium for you, my stratocaster isnt built for that, neither are my lungs!

- pPl hu tyP liek tHiS

jeez / you must not be loved or something.

- people who dont have the time to listen to trance / electro and just automatically pass it off as bs.

- rap music

wow. that is really shallow: money, girls, and "bling" just. wow.

- people who cant speak in another language and get mad at the speaker

so what if I can speak spainsh, english and japanese? is it really a problem?

- people who hate on others because of their race, sex, religion, age, etc.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]Heelies.

Every where I go, I can't escape them. There are always little kids wearing those dumb shoes, and they don't have the willpower to just WALK in them. I really don't know why I hate them so much, but every time I see someone skating with them, I get so angry.

I also have a new extreme dislike: trains. I just rode on one for about twenty-one hours. I couldn't get comfortable to sleep, I couldn't use the bathroom (I never even went in one, my mom was complaining about how disgusting it was), and there was nothing interesting to see out the window. I traveled through four or five states and they all had the exact same trees and landfills and suburbs.

So yeah. I can't even look at a train without wanting to throw up now. Eeew.[/FONT]

[color=gray]Let's see here. Lately I've been trying to keep myself from getting irritated by ignoring most things especially over little petty things. But let's see if I can come up with some peeves.

[b]Parents who don't discipline their children[/b] (in public) - Now it's none of my business how you deal with your child, and truthfully, I don't care, but it's really sad when you see these kids thinking they can get this and that, and when you say no they want to act like they don't have any sense saying whatever they want without getting a slap in the face.

[b]Trash talkers or people who talk about you behind your back[/b] - I normally ignore most trash talk, (these days ;D) but what use to get me about your trash talkers is when you go to confront them they turn into a punk, and don't want nothing to do with you.

[b]People who think you're suppose to like what they like[/b] (mainly fanboys) - Because I don't like Grand Theft Auto. Because I don't like heavy metal. Because I don't like Neon Genesis Evangelion. Grow up people. Why do you care that I don't share the same interest as you? Your meaningless debating isn't going to make me feel any different for not liking it.

That's about all I can think of.[/color]

[quote name='Jeremiah'][size=1][color=indigo] Fact of life: Peoples music tastes change, it's no big deal.
[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]I meant when people love a band sooo much and about 1 or 2 days, tehn later they change for just 1 song.

As for people who talk on cells as they drive, who here would like to take somones phone and trow it on the freeway/highway? Me that's who![/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]When people ask questions they already know the answer to.[/B] There are very few things that urk me off more than this. If you know the answer, then why in the name of Pete would you ask the question. The exeption to this is teachers, they get paid to do it.

[B]People who pretent to care[/B] If something happens to you, no matter who you are, there will always be people who act like they care, just for the sake of acting. If you don't care, don't act like you do. Chances are I won't think less of you for it.

[B]Back Stabbers[/B] Enough said? What kind of low-life, dirt-eating, garbage-sucking jeck do you have to be to betray the ones who trust you, respect you, and care for you? Grrr........[/FONT]

[quote name='Tombstone'][color=gray][b]People who think you're suppose to like what they like[/b] (mainly fanboys) - Because I don't like Grand Theft Auto. Because I don't like heavy metal. Because I don't like Neon Genesis Evangelion. Grow up people. Why do you care that I don't share the same interest as you? Your meaningless debating isn't going to make me feel any different for not liking it.

That's about all I can think of.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]For me, personally, it's a desperation act. I am embodied in my hobbies - my favorite music, manga, anime, video games - they define who I am. I am desperate for others to see these things as I do, as well I feel that if someone dislikes these things, they dislike me, and I don't take well to being disliked >_>

Maybe it's just me, lol

Also, [B]Prem[/B], my 3rd favorite band of all time was [B]Type O Negative[/B]. I heard 2 songs off their new album, and now I hate them. So eff you :p[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]What grinds my gears ? Repeated threads grind my gears... Just kidding.

OK, so a few things that annoy me.

[list][*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]When people leave food out on the counter after they're finished with it, especially if it came from the fridge.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Leaving towels all over the bathroom after showering, it's a pain in the *** to have to clean up after someone else.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Bad spelling and grammar and internet l33t speak, get a proper ****ing eduction.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]When people look for you to help them cheat in an exam, why should I help you if you're not going to put in any effort ?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Not being able to think of other things that annoy me.[/FONT][/SIZE][/list][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Negative threads burn bordem =)

People who think I'm 'weird' grind my gears. I don't give a **** if you stereotype yourself or not (go for it, be in a group, it doesn't matter because [i]everyone's different[/i] even if they dress the same), or stereotype me, but I hate it when people think I'm weird. I get it all the time in school - like I'm ****ing ignorant - kids saying "she's weird her". I customize and make my own clothes because it's cheaper. I need to wear sunglasses through the day. I listen to music [i]you've never heard of[/i]. Yeah. And wearing tracksuits to a school prom whilst blasting out a **** remix of a 60s tune isn't weird...¬_¬

Stupid questions annoy me. Like I said I wear sunglasses in school and throughout the day, and kids always ask me in school "are you blind?" to which I reply "yes, I'm ****ing blind, that's why I'm talking right to your damn ugly face!"

Kids who try to annoy me. When they come over and ask "why are you a mosher?" or "are you a goth?" or "why do you have purple hair?" or "do you wear spikes?" or "I'm not bein' funny right but why did you decide to become a mosher?" or "what's a moshpit?". **** off. I'm not a mosher, I'm not a goth, and I don't actually like moshpits.

Ignorance. I don't really like that.

Kids. I don't like them. Technically still a kid myself, but I don't have that same annoying, ape-minded comprehension of the world like them.

In fact people. People in general grind my gears - including myself. We all suck.

I also don't like bus drivers.[/SIZE]

[size=1]What grinds my gears is when people whine on and one about musicgenres. Don't make a problem out of something that doesn't matter at all. Fall Out Boy and 30 Seconds To Mars are emo, because the masses say they're emo. NO ONE CARES IF YOU THINK THEY'RE NOT. STOP WHINING ABOUT IT. EMO IS STUPID ANYWAY.

Also people with some extravagant taste of music, like all sorts of metal with some silly label on it (again the genre thing) who go on and on about bashing other people about all sorts of music things. YOUR MUSIC TASTE SUCKS JUST AS BADLY - IF NOT WORSE - AS EVERYONE ELSE'S. YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BASH. JUST SHUSH AND BEHAVE.

And last on the list is the almost-empty-milk-carton-in-the-fridge situation.[/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Bad spelling and grammar and internet l33t speak, get a proper ****ing eduction.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/list][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]This has been brought up a few times, and I have an arguement for it, but I'm not entirely sure how to word it.

Basically, it's like how can you ask people to talk a certain way, and why does it matter? People from different places all speak in a different manner, it's all depending on where you come from. For instance, I never realized it till I started using the internet and talking to people from other places, and I realized that I have a very southern dialect. And when I type on the internet, I use that dialect as well.

Another thing that grind my gears is how English teachers preach to the students how they need to speak using proper english and stuff but then they have us read books like The Adventures of Tom Sawyer where it's hard to even read with all the strange dialects.

Sorry, but we ain't take kindly ta gramma nazis 'roundeese perts XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy]English teachers bug me. when I was in 6th grade our teacher would bug us for saying me and my friend. it's like, big deal we aren't writing are we? Besides every one says me and my friend where I live. So what if we don't say my friend and I? It's not like Jesus will come down and punish us.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][I]Other things that grind my gears:[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]Heelys[/B]: They got banned in the malls where I live. PWNED biatch! And the improper grammatical spelling; caca! It should be heelies not heelys.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]People who think I'm goth: [/B]I wear black shirts and black pants, doesn't necessarily make me goth! Kids, it's not Gothic! Where I live you either dress like a prep or you're gothic or something. People at my school are dueches.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]Homophobs:[/B] Get a fricken grip! So they don't like women/men, doesn't make it bad! If it doesn't hurt you than deal with it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]People who blame ciggarete companies:[/B] It's not their fault that people are dying! It's the people who get ciggaretses/cigars that are bad. "Smoking is going to kill me!" Should have thought about that when you lit the damned thing.[/COLOR]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=navy][B]Rap:[/B] Nuf said....[/COLOR]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]Dialects have nothing to do with stupidity, ignorance, and l33tspeak. :)[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]57Fj00 /\/006

Also, Prem, if you're wearing black, you have to expct people to make assumptions about you. Just like if I see a girl dresed like a trampy ho, I assume she's a trampy ho, if I see a guy wearing black, I assume he's a goth, and if he's got make up on, he probably likes Rocky Horror and claims to be bisexual. And if I see a girl with a naruto t-shirt, I assume they are goofy and slightly annoying.

I know people see me and think I'm goth, and there's no reason to give a damn. Who cares what other people think?[/COLOR]

I forgot and yes I'm looking at you Prem and you DB. :p But another thing that grinds my gears... people who have to try and defend things that bother others or try to explain it. Seriously you two. It's not like its personal or requires an explanation. lol

That and I forgot what Crystia mentioned about rapists/abusers/beaters and those who neglect their pets. Scum really.