Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Just to bug the hell out of 'Gome....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]One of these days, I'm going to get my revenge on you, Des, and alllll the other people Jaderolling me day after day...

[I]One of these days...[/I] :twitch:

Anyways, listening to the amazing [i]Hitomi no Tsubasa[/i] [by Access] before I head off to English class.

[YOUTUBE="Hitomi no Tsubasa"][/YOUTUBE][/SIZE]
Posted
Currently addicted to a song sent to me last night by a friend.

[B][U][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkXPyY9Wo_A"]Voltaire - "God Thinks"[/URL][/U][/B]

It's a darkly humorous song, sarcastically skewering those who presume to know what God thinks.
Posted
[B][U][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V5n1OkjYtg&feature=related"]"Dear Dead Days"[/URL][/U][/B] by [B]Frost*[/B] from their new album [B]Experiments in Mass Appeal[/B], which I just ordered this week.
Posted
I'm feeling a bit emo right now... And angry...So whenever that happens, I always revert back to my boy [B]Damien Rice.[/B] Particularly, his song "Rootless Trees"

Nothing expresses my feelings when I'm mad better than:

[CENTER]"**** you, **** you, **** you
And all we've been through
I said leave it, leave it, leave it
There's nothing in you
And did you hate me, hate me, hate me, hate me so good
That you just let me out, let me out, let me out
Of this hell when you're around"[/CENTER]

It's actually strange how closely this applies right now. And it feels so good to scream this at the top of my lungs while I'm in my car, driving down the road. :animesmil
Posted
[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Lacuna Coil ? "Swamped""]Ly9E30Hc5pg[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Arial"]Hearing Christina Scabbia in this, "Our Truth", and others makes me appreciate good vocal training. I've mentioned before that I enjoyed Tarja Turunen because she could do so many different sounds with her voice; I feel the same way about Scabbia, except she seems to keep head voice strong on the lighter parts, in contrast to Turunen's almost liquid sound. Scabbia's chest voice is mesmerising. (see "Heaven's A Lie")

Andrea looks kinda weird, though. And the rough sound he gives his voice is okay, but I'd prefer if more guys in this genre sang more cleanly and capitalised on the inherent power in the male voice. Just seems to lack any real passion. [I]*shrug*[/I][/FONT]
Posted
[color=#9933ff][B]Dearest[/B] from [B]InuYasha[/B]. The CD my friend burned for me has been spinning in my car since Sunday night. I only stopped it to tell a friend I almost hit a guy on I-90. But I only almost hit him because he decided to play in traffic.

I don't think the dog show after the Macy's Day Parade counts as listening... or does it?:confused:[/color]
Posted
Since it's that time of year again... I've whipped out the Christmas stuff by [B]Mannheim Steamroller[/B]. Right now it's playing [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pTBNkt9g4"][U][B]Hallelujah[/B][/U][/URL] I'm just sorry that their tour doesn't include SLC this year. Going to their concert last year was just amazing.
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Since it's that time of year again... I've whipped out the Christmas stuff by [B]Mannheim Steamroller[/B]. Right now it's playing [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pTBNkt9g4"][U][B]Hallelujah[/B][/U][/URL] I'm just sorry that their tour doesn't include SLC this year. Going to their concert last year was just amazing.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]GAH! NO! You lucky little b-

Anyway I love me some Mannheim too. Mom's currently got Interior Castle playing though. Eventually I'll get through to her though.

But in the meantime I'm listening to Daft Punk's extremely sad yet lovely "Something About Us" also findable on youtube. It's just a matter of if you want the Interestella 5555 version or the badly done AMV version. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Since it's that time of year again... I've whipped out the Christmas stuff by [B]Mannheim Steamroller[/B]. Right now it's playing [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pTBNkt9g4"][U][B]Hallelujah[/B][/U][/URL] I'm just sorry that their tour doesn't include SLC this year. Going to their concert last year was just amazing.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Well you can always hit up Rochester, Lord knows they pretty much come here every year for some reason. WHy I don't know- we aren't even that big.

And on that note I'm listening to a mixed CD with P!ink, Avril Lavigne, PAramore and JoDee Messina on it to just name a few- I don't want to get into the Christmas spirit just yet... even if I have written out about 20 Christmas cards.[/color]
Posted
I'm listening to stuff by Tchaikovsky since the music to the Nutcracker is so pretty. One of my favorite pieces is the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ3ZRmkmy4"][B][U]Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy[/U][/B][/URL] I'm not even a big fan of ballet but I'll go and see this just because the music is so beautiful.
Posted
[color=#9933ff]Well I was watching [B]How the Grinch Stole Christmas[/B] (the one with Jim Carey) and heard [B]Where Are You Christmas[/B] by [B]Faith Hill[/B]... So now it's in my head and I need to go find it on Youtube.

Maybe someday I'll actually dig through holiday music. I really want to find [B]Osama got run over by a Reindeer[/B][/color]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Currently I find myself on a MGMT bender. The song specifically is "Electric Feel." I won't pretend there's any actual real meaning behind the song, except for a perverse desire to be badly electrocuted by a woman without clothing on.

I also won't pretend that the music video readly available on Youtube makes any sense either...

But the beauty of it all is that while MGMT looks and sounds exactly like an 80's band, they're very current. Like 2008 current. That's how strange it is.

At least they're fun to listen to. Album: Oracular Spectacular. Note the very lovely curly hair.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
I've listened to it many times, but when I'm tired and worn out, it's soothing so I have Bach's cello suites playing at the moment. I might listen to some Christmas stuff by Mannheim Steamroller when I'm done with Bach.
Posted
[color=darkred]I've been listening to more and more video game music lately. Namely Mega Man, I don't know why. I never thought the music in that game was great.[/color]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Speaking of video game music, the [B]Lost Odyssey[/B] soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Any, [I]any[/I] of the full-orchestral tracks are just . . . holy Moses.

And so I've been listening to it for about the past five days.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Currently I find myself on a MGMT bender. The song specifically is "Electric Feel." I won't pretend there's any actual real meaning behind the song, except for a perverse desire to be badly electrocuted by a woman without clothing on.

I also won't pretend that the music video readly available on Youtube makes any sense either...

But the beauty of it all is that while MGMT looks and sounds exactly like an 80's band, they're very current. Like 2008 current. That's how strange it is.

At least they're fun to listen to. Album: Oracular Spectacular. Note the very lovely curly hair.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I've been listening to MGMT a bit lately. Electric Feel is great.

Unfortunately I missed them playing in Melbourne this month... I was going to book tickets but I ended up getting other stuff and I missed out, haha. It sucks.

And yeah, I'm a fan of the curly hair.

I'm also still listening to Empire of the Sun a bit here and there (which I think I mentioned earlier in this thread). I'm starting to get into some of their other songs. They're not typically my type of group, but I'm finding them pretty interesting.

Like Pnau, they're something that has to grow on you I think.[/font]
Posted
[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm listening to [B]Whisper[/B] by[B] Evanescence[/B]. >_>

Don't look at me like that. They just happen to have a few songs that I actually like. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...