OtakuBoards

What are You Watching/Reading Now?

2010DigitalBoy

[FONT="Times New Roman"]As stated in the Black Cat thread, I've started watching [b]Black Cat[/b] on demand. Last episode I saw was the 8th episode. It's not something I'd say I like, but it's pretty entertaining. My only gripe at the moment is Train's sudden personality change. He's gone from being all moody to acting almost as wacky as Vash. Where/When did it happen? It's like a big chunk is missing somewhere between episodes 7 and 8.

I was also watching [b]Bleach[/b] on Adult Swim. Read the Bleach thread for the rest of that. It's a rant lol.

[b]Fullmetal Alchemist[/b] just went off. Destruction's Right Hand... As much as I liked Scar in this episode (as well as the next episode), Ed pisses me off just as much. I swear he get on my nerves when he can't get what he wants. [spoiler]Fiddling around in someone elses home, find something red in a little jar/bottle, and Al picks him, and Ed throws a hissy fit.... (Punch this fool in the face...)[/spoiler] It's garbage like that that makes me tired of this show.

[b]Death Note[/b] is on now. I forgot what episode this is... I think it's there episode where [spoiler]Misa introduces herself to Light.[/spoiler] Last time I watched this series I was disappointed in how the 2nd half turned out. So much was removed from the manga till it lost its steam and excitment. But I've been in the mood to watch it again.. Maybe I should just read the manga instead. (See what's missing in the first half.)[/FONT]

Yesterday the only thing I was watching a series called "[B]Welcome to the NHK[/B]" up until episode 6. Right now it pretty interesting with the story so far. My favorite part would be in episode 1 where the guy name Sato is paranoid in his room and start talking to his furniture when he is trippiing out. It reminds me of how he is on drugs with the ability to talk to furniture and stuff.

[SIZE="1"]Currently I'm watching [B]Code Geass R2[/B], which is far more enjoyable than I at first thought it was going to be. My boyfriend and I watch them together, and I'm trying to get him to watch Gundam Wing next. If not, it'll be Black Lagoon or Gundam 00 next.

I'm also watching the new Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. I have up to volume III, which I'll watch over the weekend. Hellsing makes me smile. I've loved it since I started reading the manga, and I think Ultimate is doing a pretty decent job. (Because, you know, [I]Crispin Freeman[/I]. Unf.)

Reading at the moment, weekly, is [B]Eyeshield 21[/B] and [B]Bleach[/B], and monthly is [B]Deadman Wonderland[/B]. Also, [B]Gurren Lagann Gakuen[/B] when it comes out sporadically.[/SIZE]

I'm currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka which is as amazing as it is inspirational. Much as I absolutely adore Boogiepop and the like, it's nice to see a psycho-sociological show with a light tone and humor as opposed to darkness and discomfort. It's a show about the ultimate psychologist in the form of Japan's greatest teacher. Nothing else has so much made me want to take up teaching myself.

I've been reading a bit of manga lately.

[b]One Piece[/b] - Really good series. Glad I decided to give it a fair chance this time around too, because last time I tried to, I shrugged it off as another one of those kids fantasy type things, (It still is a kids fantasy) but it's more entertaining than what Bleach and Naruto has to offer. The friendship theme has been done to death, and quite frankly, I'm tired of it, but the way it's presented here, it's on point. Refreshing. The strongest point in this series is the characters. While quirky, majority of them are likable. At first I didn't like Luffy because of his reckless nature, but even he's grown onto me. Nami even has her moments.... (You'd think she'd be your typical damsel.)

[b]Bleach[/b] - "Sigh" As of late, I'm really losing interest in Bleach. I already don't care about the anime anymore, and now the manga seems to be going down the drain as well. Don't get me wrong, [spoiler]I like the fact that Ichigo is duking it out with Ulquiorra, and I liked seeing all the espada's numbers revealed.[/spoiler] What I don't like is none of this is going anywhere. I like fights (watching them), but I don't want to keep reading a fight each chapter. Bleach's characters are likable (a large few anyway), but it seems as if Kubo's forgotten about his other characters. [spoiler]I want to see more Urahara, Shinji, etc...[/spoiler]

[b]Naruto[/b] - Heh, I should've stayed away from the manga when I said I was done with it. (the very first time.) It's good to see that Naruto is using his head (somewhat), but everything else is just basically "meh". Kishi's forgotten about all his other characters, and even then I don't care about most of them.

[b]Soul Eater[/b] - Here's one of the newer ones I just recently started. I chose to read it instead of watching it because I'm waiting for the dub. I've only read the 00 chapter, the prologue I guess. It was basically introducing the main characters. It's an interesting take on males and females.. The girls are the more level-headed, while the guys are more wacky. Death the Kid is probably the wackiest I've seen. [spoiler]No one gets depressed about things not being symmetrical.[/spoiler] The weak point of this series, though, is that it looks like it's going to be heavily packed with fanservice. Each character has already ran into a naked woman, and it's only the prologue, so I can just imagine what the actual chapters are going to be like. Other than that, it's really good.

[b]Fairy Tail[/b] - I just read chapter 1 about 30 minutes ago. I don't know too much about anything at the moment, but from what I've read, it is impressive. I probably will continue with it. Why does these characters look like the characters in One Piece? [size=1]Someone's tracing characters?[/size]

I just might drop Bleach and Naruto for Soul Eater and Fairy Tail.

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]
If I recall, the author of Fairy Tail worked under Oda?
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Fool! Hiro loev Oda.

And well both were inspired by Akira Toriyama, so I guess that works too.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Atm I'm downloading:

[U]Anime:[/U]
[B]FMA[/B] - i havent seen the episodes in order, just whatever Adult Swim can muster up
[B]Claymore[/B]
[B]Soul Eater[/B] - I heard the anime expanded on stuff like fights, dunno (1 thru 30; apparently I have to hunt down 31-51 individually, I got a batch torrent for the first 30)
[B]Amaenaideyo[/B] - I liked the art when I google searched it, I dunno I take a lot of recommendations, I haven't seen more than like 20 anime, so I pretty much like anything

[U]Manga:[/U]
[B]Monster[/B]
[B]Welcome to the NHK[/B] - someone on crunchyroll said the manga went in more depth than the anime, dunno
[B]Unbalance X Unbalance[/B] - someone on crunchyroll was complaining about the art, but I thot it was pretty good, and I've never seen Korean manga/anime

As for currently watching, I'm finishing up Genshiken, then I'll probably move on to maybe Trigun? I dunno I have Azumanga Daioh, Love Hina, Trigun, and a few episodes of Outlaw Star on hold.

I attempted to watch Overman King Gainer, which was a lot of fun but the totally nonsensical lolTomino story and lack of character presence made it more bad than good and I gave up after 7 episodes. Very disappointing.

I've been reading the very excellent Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind manga. If oyu liked the film, the manga is a must. The mere fact that it is 8 volumes long is a testament to the amount of difference.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Watched all of [B]Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team[/B] last night, and that was pretty fun. Went along with my Gundam multimedia mood I've been in.

Now I'm watching all of [B]Outlaw Star[/B], which I happen to love a whole lot. One of the few anime I saw on Toonami way back that I actually ended up liking. Call me crazy but me and Cowboy Bebop don't get along so well.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I've finally finish the second half to [B]Welcome to the NHK[/B] and I'd say I like the series. I don't wanna spoil anything for someone who haven't watch it yet, so I'll just leave the story alone. Right now I'm gonna watch [B]Skip Beat[/B], but maybe later on. I haven't read the manga to Skip Beat, but I'm gonna watch the anime. When I have time, I'm gonna read the manga of Skip Beat.

lets see here I'm watchin:
[B]Pumpkin Scisors[/B] (I can't spell worth a crap, sry bout that)
[B]Guyver[/B]
[B]Black Lagoon[/B] (Which I find extreamly funny)
[B]Soul Taker [/B](again, I find the show really good.)

I'm not readin much at the moment, unfortunatly :(

Yesterday I watched a few eps from my currently watching list of anime.

[b]Romeo x Juliet, Ep 15 & 16[/b] - These episodes were... average. I guess the show is just in a transition stage right now, simply setting up for something bigger later on. I certainly hope so.

[b]Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Ep 8[/b] - It's weird, I like this series and it is funny, but... I dunno, I just can't watch a lot of comedy at once.

[b]Code Geass R2, Ep 11[/b] - The amount of breasts in CG amuses me greatly. 'Nuff said.

I'm currently watching [B]Monster[/B], I started it in the last week. So far I'm liking it. It's nicely paced and well done. I'm only to episode 10 out of 74 though so we'll see on that. As for reading, other than to catch the new chapter of [B]Tsubasa[/B] as it comes out, I'm not reading anything at all.

[SIZE="1"]At the minute I've been reading through [B]Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Guren Gakuenhen[/B] AKA AU High School Gurren Lagann and so far I admit it's been very enjoyable. While there's only been four chapters released in English so far I would certainly say it's well worth any fan of the anime or the regular manga having a look for a chuckle. [/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm actually following [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] as it's released each week. I also just finished up [B]Monster[/B]. It was long with 74 episodes but totally worth it. At the end there I couldn't stop watching, I was too sucked into what was going on. o_O It is an excellent psychological drama and I'm probably going to end up watching it again at some point.

Reading wise all I'm into is [B]xxxHolic[/B] and [B]Tsubasa[/B]. I'm caught up with Tsubasa but not the other, I need to get back to reading it again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I've been reading Naruto Shippuden weekly, but that's the only new manga I've been reading. I've reread Chobits, Death Note, and FMA several times now.

I just bought the new Afro Samurai Resurrection movie featuring Samuel L. Jackson and Lucy Liu. IT. IS. AMAZING! The ending was one of the best I've seen in a while! Check this one out! the theme song "Combat" by the RZA is also worth downloading (it's on iTunes, or I'm sure you can find a downloadable free link somewhere like me)

[i]Watching[/i]

[b]Black Lagoon[/b] - I finally saw the second before last episode (Now I just need to see the last episode.) and I have to say that episode was really good. Balalaika continues to prove why she's the baddest of the bad.

[b]Inuyasha[/b] - Wait... WHAT? I know, about a good 2-3 weeks ago I was angry that AS put this back on and took Moribito off, and truthfully, I can go on for days and days about the why I think this anime is not good as people make it out to be, but, yet I keep coming back to it for some strange reason. And even then, I still thought the show was pretty decent. I'd go so far to say that it's better than Bleach and Naruto.... (anime, not manga) But then again my screws haven't been tight lately so just ignore that lol.