OtakuBoards

Oh Em Gee, yo... Old members

Skye

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Aw man... I've been here six years also.

What a life I've led. But I haven't shown my face around these parts in months due to the military stealing me from my home and making me shoot stuff. I'd be suprised if anyone remembers me or my amazing good looks.[/color][/size]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

Aw man... I've been here six years also.

What a life I've led. But I haven't shown my face around these parts in months due to the military stealing me from my home and making me shoot stuff. I'd be suprised if anyone remembers me or my amazing good looks.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]*points* ZOMG can I have your autograph?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Pumpkin though, I remember you. And how at one time you changed your name and I'd asked if it had anything to do with Memoirs of a Geisha.

And now that Chibi 2 and I have YIM and have odd conversations I think that will be a new fond memory.[/color][/font][/size]

Seeing the names and changed names of old members that I've Rp'ed with is very heartwarming, being on here since I was in Highschool until now is kinda awesome to know I have some history here with others. Very nice!

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]

Also, the infamous first meeting between [B]Taperson[/B] and myself.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]This.

I've been around for nearly 3 years now. More than anything, I've just read Otakupedia over & over again. I like to read about bannings... they're interesting.

But really, though. My meeting with [B]Mr. Maul[/B] was pretty epic.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=crimson][b]IF I AM NOT REMEMBERED IN NOSTALGIC OTAKUBOARDS THREADS I MUST RISE FROM THE DARKEST OCEANS AND ONCE AGAIN RING THE TORRID HELLFIRE BELL OF INTENSE SUFFERATION UPON THESE LANDS[/b]

Also my favorite moment was Big Brother II because I became good friends with Tori and Kei.

And other people. :)

Kthx bai[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial"]I am an epic OB lurker... 3 years, 65 posts. And I'm not disappearing. I'm just not posting... >>; I've been on theOtaku and myOtaku longer, though. 4 (technically 5 because I lurked there without an account) years over there.

You'll find me in the Art Studio threads, mainly the Graphic Worm.. but that's about it.

:D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson][b]IF I AM NOT REMEMBERED IN NOSTALGIC OTAKUBOARDS THREADS I MUST RISE FROM THE DARKEST OCEANS AND ONCE AGAIN RING THE TORRID HELLFIRE BELL OF INTENSE SUFFERATION UPON THESE LANDS[/b]
[/color][/QUOTE]

Oh, shut up and go brood over something.

[spoiler]Muffinsex, by the way, for old time's sake. *flings a nickle*[/spoiler]

[size=1]I have sealed my fate as a total OB lover. I have joined the Facebook group.

Speaking of, I am saddened. Syk3 did not know me. *is saddenated indeed*

I have not seen him here recently, either. I haven't seen a LOT of people even pop on in so long.

And why is it that no one is online on IM when I am? Does EVERYONE live in a different time zone than I?[/size]

[size=1]I didn't even realize that there was an OB facebook group. Seems like the kind of thing I would be informed of. Hurm.

Always a pleasure to see you John. :whoops:

-Shy[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Ok... lol... this is weird because of my various "hiatuses*... lol. But I've been here 7 years this July. That kind of surprised me to be completely honest. I hadn't realized that it was that long ago since I joined.

I was never really one of the "big names" here, and only a few people really talked to me regularly and participated with me in threads (namely in the Art Studio). Then, the untimely death of Mr. Computer # 1 disrupted my activity here (and everywhere else) for a few months. Since then I never really got back into the groove of returning here regularly. I mean, I'd visit once or twice a week, then it'd be like a couple/few weeks before I'd be back. The longest between visits was a couple months there. This last time.. I don't remember how long it's been. lol

[QUOTE]Nomad - Can you say world's largest banner thread? And a lot of late nights playing RuneScape /slit wrist.[/QUOTE]

Some reason this post greatly surprised me lmao. Those were some very fun times on Runescape, I even get on occasionally to just mess around, then I realize that I have better games to play and more eventful things to do and log out after like 10 minutes, lol.

I know I remember Stuart and Boo. And of course all the mods and the like around the time I adventured through these boards.

The thing I remember being really "neat-o" when I was still around was the introduction of myOtaku. Don't know why that one really sticks out in my memory, but it does. lol. Oh, and of course the introduction of the Avatar/ Avatar & Banner "donation" threads in the Art Studio.

And I also remember the board hijacking. That was a crazy thing to experience. Just really confusing to one day sign in and have everything been weird and off kilter.

Hopefully I can find a groove I can fall into now and visit somewhat regularly again. The only thing is that I really haven't been into Anime and the like really hardcore like I used to be. Just so much to do and so little time to do it. But, here's wishful thinking!

Needless to say, I've missed you, OB.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I miss the good old times where everyone I knew was here and I would RP or talk to them.

I also miss the good times where everyone just started out and we were all n00bs spamming the forums and posting in RPs with misspelt words and grammar.

I miss the good times where everything was actually funny.

...just kidding. I dunno anymore.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote= Riku]I miss the good old times where everyone I knew was here and I would RP or talk to them.

I also miss the good times where everyone just started out and we were all n00bs spamming the forums and posting in RPs with misspelt words and grammar.

I miss the good times where everything was actually funny.

...just kidding. I dunno anymore.[/quote]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Mmm, I think that the boards has just changed focus with the members growing up in age. While it's certainly fun to look back at your posts and see how you were years ago, it's certainly not a reflection of the Boards not being as fun. As times change; people change. The Boards change too. I still have a lot of fun and with all the features that have made theOtaku's network more connected, we are certainly moving in the right direction.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sara]Jimin[i]y[/i']. Everyone in this thread has been here since I was active. Do new people even register here, anymore?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]We do. We just don't post in threads dedicated to time before us.

Also I think I converse semi-regularly with, like, two of the people who might fall under this category.

Shame on the rest of you.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]We do. We just don't post in threads dedicated to time before us.

Also I think I converse semi-regularly with, like, two of the people who might fall under this category.

Shame on the rest of you.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Nah, I know who you are. I just expected to see more unfamiliar faces, you know?[/size]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Sara'] Do new people even register here, anymore?[/quote]
[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']We do. We just don't post in threads dedicated to time before us.[/FONT][/quote]Exactly. I don't recognize anything that's being brought up here as the [I]good old times[/I]. So there's really nothing for me to comment on in this thread, except for perhaps this one point. [/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan][FONT="Arial"]Exactly. I don't recognize anything that's being brought up here as the [U]good[/U] [U]old[/U] [U]times[/U']. [/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh now there's no need to be cynical, mister E Em Tee. :p Old times are allowed to be good even if the new times are just as good.

Plus being snarky with italics is my department anyway. So there.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Oh now there's no need to be cynical, mister E Em Tee. :p Old times are allowed to be good even if the new times are just as good.

Plus being snarky with italics is my department anyway. So there.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I was being factual with a dash of snark. The only thing that stands out in my mind so far is that thread you started the evening I proposed to [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR].

Also, I contest your claim to being the department for the regulation of [I]fun[/I] and [I]safe[/I] use of italics. Sharing is good for you. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan][FONT="Arial"]Also, I contest your claim to being the department for the regulation of [I]fun[/I] and [I]safe[/I'] use of italics. [/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]If you think I use italics in a fun and safe manner, you my friend are sorely mistaken. [I]*guffaw*[/I]

I just said it's my jurisdiction. I never said whether I used my powers for good or evil. :animesmil[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]If you think I use italics in a fun and safe manner, you my friend are sorely mistaken. [I]*guffaw*[/I]

I just said it's my jurisdiction. I never said whether I used my powers for good or evil. [/FONT][/QUOTE]I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. So are you saying I was mistaken to do so? :smirk:[/FONT]