Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I've a new job. It's quite odd for me right now though. Last week I was an RA with an HHA and I was expected to do all types of care this week I can't even help lift a resident out of a chair because I don't have my CNA. Strange eh?[/color][/font][/size]
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Has anyone ever notice that kids really do the weirdest things? I have two boys, a one year old and a 3 and a half year old and wow are they strange...my youngest actually growls at you if you don't give him what he wants, he'll howl (like a wolf kind of howl) and he bares his teeth at you too...he's a weird one, and the oldest is a drama queen, if he trips and falls in the grass he rolls over and holds up his hand for you to pick him up and if you don't within 30 seconds he acts like he dies...yeah, my kids are weird....[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Has anyone ever notice that kids really do the weirdest things? I have two boys, a one year old and a 3 and a half year old and wow are they strange...my youngest actually growls at you if you don't give him what he wants, he'll howl (like a wolf kind of howl) and he bares his teeth at you too...he's a weird one, and the oldest is a drama queen, if he trips and falls in the grass he rolls over and holds up his hand for you to pick him up and if you don't within 30 seconds he acts like he dies...yeah, my kids are weird....[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

thats adorable lol i love kids... one time me and a few other people were having a yard sell and the preture's kids were drinking juce becouse they werent allowd to drink pop. i felt sorry for the poor well behaved girls so i "accedentally" left my pop on the table were they could get it... they turned off the lights in the kids room and sat in the corner drinking the pop, it was so funny
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]^Spot the Gavin bait in the above sentence for 30 points!^[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']dying alone and unloved while rest of the world at large probably doesn't miss them that much?[/font][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Dude, that is pretty harsh. [/color]
Posted
[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Dude, that is pretty harsh. [/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I was about to make a similar "witty" remark until I realised that his saying "[I][U]the[/U][/I] above sentence" pretty much takes any line of thought that direction and says "Haha, you're a dick" to it.

And [I]that's[/I] harsh.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph]"[i][u]the[/u][/i'] above sentence[color=deeppink][/quote]

"The above sentence" doesn't have to mean "the first sentence directly above." English is a bit more flexible than that. [/color]

[quote name='Allamorph]']pretty much takes any line of thought that direction and says "Haha, you're a dick" to it.[color=deeppink][/quote]

This being the point.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]but I'm afraid it will cause a disturbance.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Give in to your anger young one, remember nobody who was ever truly happy became a successful writer of English... (If I ever had to read Sylvia Plath again someone around me will die)[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Botar][COLOR="DarkGreen"']Are we bashing on Ace? Cool![/COLOR][/quote]Not really. More like a failed attempt to bash Gavin. But he's the evil overlord of Wal-Mart and could care less I'm sure. =P
Posted
[quote name='Nerdsy][COLOR=deeppink']"The above sentence" doesn't have to mean "the first sentence directly above." [/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yes it does. Antecedents are quite specific.

[quote name='Botar][COLOR="DarkGreen"']Are we bashing on Ace? Cool![/COLOR][/quote]
I'm bashing on [COLOR="DarkRed"]Nerdsy[/COLOR]. I dunno what you guys are going on about. :p[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I'm bashing on [COLOR="DarkRed"]Nerdsy[/COLOR']. I dunno what you guys are going on about. :p[/FONT][/quote]Oh we know what [I]you[/I] are doing. =P It's like a chain event and Gavin's not the only target. What's more important though is, what are you doing in here when you said you had finals for most of the afternoon? Get back to work!
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Not really. More like a failed attempt to bash Gavin. [color=deeppink][/QUOTE]

No, Ace. Gavin's a much beloved and darling little angel.

Though bash is hardly an appropriate word.[/color]

[quote name='Allamorph']Yes it does. Antecedents are quite specific.[color=deeppink][/quote]

Oh really? ;)

That's a pretty [URL="http://www.storytellersunplugged.com/antecedents-and-grammar-is-it-really-a-problem"]false[/URL] [URL="http://www.ucalgary.ca/UofC/eduweb/grammar/course/speech/1_2b.htm"]generalization[/URL], as antecedents are only specific when they are used in a certain way. In this case we're discussing, the antecedant "the above sentence" was not used in a way that brought about absolute clarity, as "the above sentence" could be referring to any sentence situated above the sentence that contained the phrase - which, at least on the default page view setting, included not only the sentences in Ace's post but in several other posts as well.

Of course, I'm not [i]that[/i] big of a dick.

Here's an example which is more closely pertaining to the problem. Suppose you and I are sitting on a grassy meadow, enjoying a hearty picnic. I glance up, and mention "The cloud above is pretty."

You look up. There are a multitude of clouds, of the type fair weather cumulus, strewn about the entire sky. Which cloud am I talking about?[/color]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]*gets out popcorn and watches*









You know what sucks? When your friends are doing dumb crap that completely monopolizes the morals and standards they set for themselves for years, only for some brief entertainment.

Especially so when said morals are mutually shared with said friend, yourself, and another mutual friend. It's a slap in the face, really. Doubly so when you know they won't listen to you. TRIPLY so when you can't do anything but watch as they do dumb crap that will eventually get themselves hurt...and there's nothing you can do about it.[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Sangome][SIZE="1"']*gets out popcorn and watches*[/SIZE][/quote][I][SIZE="1"]*Joins Sangome*[/SIZE][/I]

Watching two grammar Nazi's spar is definitely entertaining. :D
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][I][SIZE="1"]*Joins Sangome*[/SIZE][/I]

Watching two grammar Nazi's spar is definitely entertaining. :D[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]THERE IS NO APOSTROPHE IN "NAZIS!" GOSH.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']And the bait was taken! Well done! Bravo! :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I try to do what I can. ;)[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"] I get it! I ha'te gramme'rs Nazi's! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Obviousness does not make for good bait, dear little Botar. :animesmil[/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Tis be a good way, acctualy,

Oh, and some one might of hacked the boards, all the videos play Eminem: 3am. It's annoying.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Botar][COLOR="DarkGreen"']Oh, and some one might of hacked the boards, all the videos play Eminem: 3am. It's annoying.[/COLOR][/quote]It's more likely that you've been hacked or picked something up. Everything plays like it should for me. =P

[B]EDIT:[/B] Sangome brought popcorn so I'll provide soda for everyone Cat.

[I] *hands some over to both*[/I]
Posted
*Joins Sangome and Rachmaninoff* This is going to be good. Pass the popcorn please.

Edit: Awesome! I have chips if anyone gets sick of popcorn.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...