OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Botar][COLOR="DarkGreen"] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug'] I hug all of you to death![/COLOR][/quote][I][SIZE="1"]*Shoots Botar for attempting to hug her to death.*[/SIZE][/I] [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Not having a microwave for a week sucked. You don't think about how much you use one until you don't have it. o_O[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Lord is this true as a college student and though I'm fully capable of cooking, if I can't just whack it in the microwave for 5/10 minutes I get takeout instead.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Lord is this true as a college student and though I'm fully capable of cooking, if I can't just whack it in the microwave for 5/10 minutes I get takeout instead.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]...that was so wrong, on so many levels.[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]...that was so wrong, on so many levels.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I suppose I should've mentioned that the only time I eat back at the house is a light snack in the evening, as I can get better quality food quite cheaply in college restaurants.

Apparently it's an American thing to put "peeps" into microwaves to watch them swell up to ten times their normal size and then deflate, as a European I am intrigued by the custom and would like to learn more.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I suppose I should've mentioned that the only time I eat back at the house is a light snack in the evening, as I can get better quality food quite cheaply in college restaurants.

Apparently it's an American thing to put "peeps" into microwaves to watch them swell up to ten times their normal size and then deflate, as a European I am intrigued by the custom and would like to learn more.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Little peep get big! Leave in too long, peep go boom![/COLOR]

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"] Whack it in the microwave?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Okay you and Gavin just corrupted my virgin senses. I'm charging you for therapy.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Apparently it's an American thing to put "peeps" into microwaves to watch them swell up to ten times their normal size and then deflate, as a European I am intrigued by the custom and would like to learn more.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I've never done it myself, but a friend of mine who's still in college does it all the time. I've heard they taste better that way, but I'm not partial to peeps in the first place. I guess what happens after they deflate is they get flat and hard.

Sorry I can't help more on your investigation into the foriegn culture of American college students.

Does anyone know if Spam is kosher?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]
Does anyone know if Spam is kosher?[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Uh, I wouldn't take the chance if it really matters to you. Its a collaberation of a whole bunch of meats. [/COLOR]

[size=1]For those of you in the US, today is [b][url=http://freecomicbookday.com]Free Comic Book Day[/url][/b]. You can go to your local shop all day today and pick up a variety of free comics! I believe that England has a similar event planned for another date, but I don't know the specifics.

But really, just go get some free stuff. What else were you going to do today?

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]
Does anyone know if Spam is kosher?[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I doubt it, considering it's ham and pork shoulder.

Spam Turkey might be okay. Can't seem to find an ingredient list.[/color]

[quote name='Botar']Uh, I wouldn't take the chance if it really matters to you. Its a collaberation of a whole bunch of meats. [/quote]

[color=deeppink]Not true, unless you consider meat from two sections of the same animal to be "a whole bunch of meats."[/color]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']You know i've never seen what spam ACTUALLY looks like. I've seen the can, held the can, placed almost a hundred cans inside a teachers locker as a prank. For some reason though I've never bothered to look inside...[/QUOTE]

[center][IMG]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/bassiehd/spam_1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[SIZE="1"]For the record, no, that's not my computer. But yeah. There ya go. :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I doubt it, considering it's ham and pork shoulder.

Spam Turkey might be okay. Can't seem to find an ingredient list.[/color]

[color=deeppink]Not true, unless you consider meat from two sections of the same animal to be "a whole bunch of meats."[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] I guess I was thinking of vienna sausages, my bad.[/COLOR]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Okay you and Gavin just corrupted my virgin senses. I'm charging you for therapy.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

We should force them to go to [B]The Chibis' "Sex is Bad" Educational Camp[/B]! Yes. We have a camp. The camp motto is, "Sex is bad, but childbirth is worse.":catgirl:

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']Lord is this true as a college student and though I'm fully capable of cooking, if I can't just whack it in the microwave for 5/10 minutes I get takeout instead.[/SIZE][/quote]I think the phrase you're looking for is nuke it, not whack it.

Anyway, I'd pick up takeout if it wasn't a ton cheaper to actually make stuff at home.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I think the phrase you're looking for is nuke it, not whack it.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Pop it, toss it, chuck it, whack it, throw it, place it, put it, throw it, hurl it, on and on and on.[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So I'm currenly on my third computer in two weeks.

Toshiba's niceness is balanced by a severe and annoying design flaw that makes it think it's overheating and shut down without warning.

Seriously, when a Toshiba laptop decides it's too hot, screw whatever you're doing, it's gonna turn off. And you won't get to save.

Hopefully my new ASUS will work out a little better.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Yay, so I got my self a Fanta slushy today, and you know what? 44 oz of Orange slushy = awesomeness!

Oh, and this is the 500th post here! *Fireworks and dancing women in festive outfits*[/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']We should force them to go to [B]The Chibis' "Sex is Bad" Educational Camp[/B]! Yes. We have a camp. The camp motto is, "Sex is bad, but childbirth is worse.":catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I think they totally missed the boat there Chibi 2. But it is true that sex is bad and childbirth is worse. Plus consider what that child could turn into. YOu could have Rush Limbough or Stephen Harper!

To everyone in the Spam discussion: Turkey Spam isn't considered kosher because it too closely resembles a product made from a non kosher animal. That's why they can't serve turkey bacon/ sausage or veggie burgers with cheese at the Jewish Home. It resembles unkosher food so it's for all intents and purposes non kosher.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I think they totally missed the boat there Chibi 2. But it is true that sex is bad and childbirth is worse. Plus consider what that child could turn into. You could have Rush Limbough or Stephen Harper!
[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Hey! Don't be hating on my 3rd favorite conservative talk show host, he has his moments, but he's cool.[/COLOR]

[FONT=TREBUCHET MS] I'm literally going to go crazy from all the studying I have for finals. I have been living as a hermit for the last week, ordering food or eating granola bars for sustenance. Not seeing the light of day. [/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][FONT=TREBUCHET MS] I'm literally going to go crazy from all the studying I have for finals. I have been living as a hermit for the last week, ordering food or eating granola bars for sustenance. Not seeing the light of day. [/FONT][/quote]

That's going to be me from tomorrow onwards until finals are all done. I have to do a seven page rough draft due by 11:50pm tomorrow, I have been putting it off. Then I get a like a 5 day break and hop on a plane to Vermont for six weeks. What a fun month this is going to be. *sarcastic* Hate flying. :animeangr