OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms'] Because I had to write about Seamus Heaney, and that was the topic that came to me most quickly when I had a thesis due three weeks ago. And college English is a *****.[/font][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I am tempted to call bull on that one, but . . . well . . . .

> >;;

Besides, it wasn't until college that I got to use quotes from "Tainted Love" as support for a point. [I]And was encouraged for it.[/I]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva]You skipped five.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
I've always skipped five. It's how I play hopscotch.

Why hopscotch and not hopirish?

Incidentally, air conditioners right behind computer desks make for cold hands. 60 degree days make for cold toilet seats. Cold hands plus cold toilet seats make for very awkward bathroom excursions.[/FONT]

Okay, my best friend accidentally took my sketchbook with her over the weekend, meaning I didn't doodle all weekend. I have to make it up to her now by doodling something tonight. *looks at clock* Or...this morning. And IT HAS TO BE EPIC! But I feel like a blank slate at the moment. Anyone else get doodler's block?:animestun

[quote name='chibi-master']Okay, my best friend accidentally took my sketchbook with her over the weekend, meaning I didn't doodle all weekend. I have to make it up to her now by doodling something tonight. *looks at clock* Or...this morning. And IT HAS TO BE EPIC! But I feel like a blank slate at the moment. Anyone else get doodler's block?:animestun[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Royalblue"]You should doodle me. [I]Duh![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='taperson, 11:29 PM][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Also, I feel super awkward that I don't ever follow the conversation in this thread & just post my own whatevers. & now I'm over it.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

[quote name='taperson, 12:10 AM][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]You should doodle me. [U]Duh![/U][/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Well, that didn't last long. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Okay, my best friend accidentally took my sketchbook with her over the weekend, meaning I didn't doodle all weekend. I have to make it up to her now by doodling something tonight. *looks at clock* Or...this morning. And IT HAS TO BE EPIC! But I feel like a blank slate at the moment. Anyone else get doodler's block?:animestun[/quote]

Yep, all the time and sometimes it last for a while. I think the longest was for a few months. I'm not completely sure how to get over a block. I usually just keep trying until it finally clicks.

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
I am listening to the most bomb-diggity playlist ever though. So that's a happy thing.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Post it gurl.[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I am tempted to call bull on that one, but . . . well . . . .

> >;;
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Ha! No, I totally understand. We actually had already done group projects, and my group did it on Seamus Heaney. So I already knew a lot of the subject matter and he wrote a series of "bog poems" so I just ran with it.[/font]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']Why is everything that happens in Utah SOMEHOW MY FAULT???[/FONT][/quote]Well then ... stop doing whatever it is you are doing that makes it your fault! ._.

Though that does bring up a question. What exactly are you being blamed for? o_O[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] Post it gurl.[/font]
[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]In iTunes' Shuffle order:

"Got My Mind Set On You" - George Harrison
"#41" - Dave Matthews Band
"Some Fantastic" - Barenaked Ladies
"All Together Now" - The Beatles
"Why Georgia" - John Mayer
"Mr. Jones" - Counting Crows
"Viva La Vida" - Coldplay
"Death & All His Friends" - Coldplay
"Head Over Feet" - Alanis Morisette
"Ants Marching" - Dave Matthews Band
"Anthems For a Seventeen Year Old Girl" - Broken Social Scene
"Come Together" - The Beatles
"Gives You Hell" - All-American Rejects
"Across The Universe" - The Beatles
"Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner" - Fall Out Boy
"Breakfast At Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something
"Too Little Too Late" - Barenaked Ladies
"When I'm Sixty-Four" - The Beatles

Okay, so maybe it isn't the BEST playlist in the world... but it sure is happy. That's the goal for finals week, ya know.

Apart from all that, I'm on a serious Beatles kick right now.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Why is everything that happens in Utah SOMEHOW MY FAULT???[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh please I've been blaming you for the [B]world's[/B] ills for a few months now, you are Basement Cat after all. As the leader of a vast and stereotypically evil corporation I'm proud to say I look to you for inspiration on how to make this world a little worse every day. ^_~[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Why is everything that happens in Utah SOMEHOW MY FAULT???[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Cause everything that happens period is somehow your fault?

...Wait, that means you're responsible for my fangirling fictional men. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOURSELF. You must be devastated. :O

Or you could be wrong about everything you've ever done, including this thing. Either or. Take your pick.

I don't wanna go to school today.[/SIZE]

:wigout::alcohol::butthead::excited::beer::flush::fart: im going to party party this weekend!!! WOOT!!! its going to be so much fun!!! we are going to a cabin in the middle of nowere with loke 5 30s and lots of other stuffs!!! im exited!!! its a "we are about to graduate from high school woohoo!!!" party... :fart::flush::beer::excited::butthead::alcohol::wigout:

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']Why is everything that happens in Utah SOMEHOW MY FAULT???[/FONT][/quote]Because blaming someone else for stuff is fun? =P I do find Gavin's explanation rather amusing though.

Anyway, just two more days and finals will be over. Then I get the fun of issuing grades, oh joy!

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]The emotes called.

They said to stop abusing them. They have feelings, too, y'know. They said they're in pain. :([/SIZE][/QUOTE]

oh... i am sorry emotes... i will not hurt you anymore *whipes tear from eye* i din't mean to!!! i promice to chamge my ways!!! just give me another chance!!!

[color=deeppink]A few months ago, I had a particularly bad nightmare. The first one I'd really had since I was in elementary school.

In the nightmare, I did not exist. The earth did not exist. Space did not exist. All that was consisted of a single, massively complicated math problem that I was slowly but surely solving despite my lack of existence.

This equation was important. It described some unknown fundamental of the universe, some undiscovered law that, if found, would propel human understanding into a new, golden age.

The closer I got to solving the equation, the more singular my obsession with it became, and it began to dominate my entire being to the exclusion of all else. I was growing more and more terrified with every incomprehensible equality as this happened, and it came to the point where there was absolutely no rational thought left, replaced with pure, animalistic fear and the madness of the horrible equation.

It became simpler and simpler, more and more refined, until there were just a few steps left. These steps were blindingly obvious relative to the unholy gibberish the rest of the equation demanded, though they were still beyond any human comprehension. Finally, in a moment of pure horror and understanding, I completed the equation and I [i]knew.[/i]

It was at that point that I woke up in a cold sweat.

In my barely awake stupor, it seemed like I still understood the equation. I'm pretty sure I muttered something that was supposed to be "Of course! It's so simple," but which probably ended up just being some kind of guttural moan. The more I thought about it, however, the fast it slipped from my mind.

When I went back to sleep, it started [i]all over again.[/i] I found myself waking up in a cold sweat every hour or so. It was a miserable night.

And that is what it feels like studying for my Calc II final.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]The closer I got to solving the equation, the more singular my obsession with it became, and it began to dominate my entire being to the exclusion of all else. I was growing more and more terrified with every incomprehensible equality as this happened, and it came to the point where there was absolutely no rational thought left, replaced with pure, animalistic fear and the madness of the horrible equation.

It became simpler and simpler, more and more refined, until there were just a few steps left. These steps were blindingly obvious relative to the unholy gibberish the rest of the equation demanded, though they were still beyond any human comprehension. Finally, in a moment of pure horror and understanding, I completed the and I [i]knew.[/i][/color][/QUOTE][size=1]The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.[/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]A few months ago, I had a particularly bad nightmare. The first one I'd really had since I was in elementary school.

In the nightmare, I did not exist. The earth did not exist. Space did not exist. All that was consisted of a single, massively complicated math problem that I was slowly but surely solving despite my lack of existence.

This equation was important. It described some unknown fundamental of the universe, some undiscovered law that, if found, would propel human understanding into a new, golden age.

The closer I got to solving the equation, the more singular my obsession with it became, and it began to dominate my entire being to the exclusion of all else. I was growing more and more terrified with every incomprehensible equality as this happened, and it came to the point where there was absolutely no rational thought left, replaced with pure, animalistic fear and the madness of the horrible equation.

It became simpler and simpler, more and more refined, until there were just a few steps left. These steps were blindingly obvious relative to the unholy gibberish the rest of the equation demanded, though they were still beyond any human comprehension. Finally, in a moment of pure horror and understanding, I completed the equation and I [i]knew.[/i]

It was at that point that I woke up in a cold sweat.

In my barely awake stupor, it seemed like I still understood the equation. I'm pretty sure I muttered something that was supposed to be "Of course! It's so simple," but which probably ended up just being some kind of guttural moan. The more I thought about it, however, the fast it slipped from my mind.

When I went back to sleep, it started [i]all over again.[/i] I found myself waking up in a cold sweat every hour or so. It was a miserable night.

And that is what it feels like studying for my Calc II final.[/color][/QUOTE]

Okay, what the hell are you smoking?!:animedepr

Okay, tomorrow is finally the big 8th grade trip to Boston! I'm so excited! 8 hours in a bus filled with my obnoxious classmates, there and back! At least my best friend and I have our own room. Seriously, we're the only 2 person group room-wise. Awesome, right?:animesmil

Okay then, see you guys Friday night!:catgirl: I'll miss you until then!:animecry:

[quote name='Sara][size=1]...but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either [B][U]go mad from the revelation[/U][/B']....[/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Umm . . . yeah. About that.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master'] have out own room. Seriously, we're the only 2 person group room-wise. Awesome, right?:animesmil !:animecry:[/quote]

Sadly, as in the number ofyears ago it was, I remember my 8th grade trip to D.C. We had two twin beds an 4 teeanage boys...One ended up on each bed, I ended up putting two chairs together, and our last roomate slept in the bathtub for two nights....

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So is it just me or do High School English courses love to assign novels which ultimately end with the main character dying alone and unloved while rest of the world at large probably doesn't miss them that much?

I want to chuck [I]The Awakening[/I] against a wall with full force, but I'm afraid it will cause a disturbance.

^Spot the Gavin bait in the above sentence for 30 points!^[/FONT]