Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='CaNz;850323][quote=chibi-master']CaNz, why are there bugs in your restaurant?
[quote]

because we leave doors open and they like it inside when our California weather decides it wants to change for once.
i also saw one in the backroom once but i think it was from the truck... a surprising amount of food distributors are not checked... which doesn't make sense since both the restaurants and the food centers are thoroughly examined... a truck should be easy.

but hey, we re wash all food and cook it at proper heats so its safe even if it was crawling with buggies...
so if your ever in the neighborhood your welcome to stop by.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]I'm not likely to ever be that far out, but what's it called?[/size]
Posted
[quote name='CaNz;850323][quote=chibi-master']CaNz, why are there bugs in your restaurant?
[quote]

because we leave doors open and they like it inside when our California weather decides it wants to change for once.
i also saw one in the backroom once but i think it was from the truck... a surprising amount of food distributors are not checked... which doesn't make sense since both the restaurants and the food centers are thoroughly examined... a truck should be easy.

but hey, we re wash all food and cook it at proper heats so its safe even if it was crawling with buggies...
so if your ever in the neighborhood your welcome to stop by.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I may be living in California next year- which town and what's it called?

Grey drizzly cold weather= great nap day. Oh and I'm having chili for dinner. It just seems strange to type that because my grandparents live in a town called Chili but it's actually pronounced phonetically[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="4"][B]POKEMON HEARTGOLD [B]GET[/B]![/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Aghaaaa this is amazing. <3333333[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[size=1][color=green]Hardcore anime fans get on my nerves... I wonder who are worst, them or the hardcore video game fans? I get into it with both crowds fairly equally, although I do avoid (try to) most of the time[/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=green]Hardcore anime fans get on my nerves... I wonder who are worst, them or the hardcore video game fans? I get into it with both crowds fairly equally, although I do avoid (try to) most of the time[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Depends on what your definition of "hardcore" would entail. Whenever I think of hardcore, I just think of someone with an intense love/dedication to whatever it is that they like...which can be both good and bad.

Now, elitist fans, the ones that think their way of treating/thinking of the fandom is correct, and anyone else is an insipid moron? Yeah, they can go shove it. Or maybe the ones that are just obnoxious, and never seem to have a life outside of their chosen fandom [i.e. an anime fan that thinks Japan is TEH BESTEST COUNTREE EVAR, etc]? Then yeah, they're annoying, but also kinda sad.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Stephanie']
[SIZE=1]I'm not likely to ever be that far out, but what's it called?[/SIZE][/quote]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman']
[COLOR=#9933ff][FONT=monotype corsiva][SIZE=4]I may be living in California next year- which town and what's it called? [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

its not worth too big of a trip, and being from San Francisco i know its not the best Chinese food in the world, but its pretty dang good for the area. its called Great Wok of China
[URL]http://www.bing.com/local/Details.aspx?lid=YN94x1288861&q=&qt=yp&tid=traceId&mkt=en-us&FORM=LLDP[/URL]
Posted
[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Depends on what your definition of "hardcore" would entail. Whenever I think of hardcore, I just think of someone with an intense love/dedication to whatever it is that they like...which can be both good and bad.

Now, elitist fans, the ones that think their way of treating/thinking of the fandom is correct, and anyone else is an insipid moron? Yeah, they can go shove it. Or maybe the ones that are just obnoxious, and never seem to have a life outside of their chosen fandom [i.e. an anime fan that thinks Japan is TEH BESTEST COUNTREE EVAR, etc]? Then yeah, they're annoying, but also kinda sad.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]BOTH! "coughs"

Actually, those elitist fans are the ones I'm having issues with right now. Talking as if they just know any and everything. People should be so grateful I "woosah" a lot :animeswea [/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=green]BOTH! "coughs"

Actually, those elitist fans are the ones I'm having issues with right now. Talking as if they just know any and everything. People should be so grateful I "woosah" a lot :animeswea [/size][/color][/QUOTE]

.....What happened, if you don't mind my asking?
Posted
[size=1][color=green]Pretty much the usual sub vs dub stuff or "anime X" is best shown in it's originality. Now I don't have an issue with one expressing their opinion, but when crap like this comes up on a daily basis I begin to get irritated.

[quote]"For the better" is subjective. The best version of something is the original version, because that is what the product is. Not to say anyone can't like the replacement score of a dub but to call it factually better is impossible.[/quote]

[quote]Oh, it's a blanket statement alrighty, but it's true (assuming we're speakin' the terms of fact, rather than opinion). If one hates the original...than they hate the original. Their opinion is based on that. Hating or liking the replacement score has no baring because it isn't the actual music of the series. You're supposed to be watching Japanese animation and the story all of the different components of the actual staff have put together to make their product.[/quote]

And it's not like this guy does this every once in a while. It's pretty much an everyday thing, especially when topics like DBZ and Naruto comes up.[/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]The crazy person says: Ai yi yi yi yi![/color][/font'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]That's Islamic racial profiling, that is.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]That's Islamic racial profiling, that is.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]What if most of the people you've heard yelling that are Catholic?[/color][/font][/size]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]What if most of the people you've heard yelling that are Catholic?[/color][/font'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Then Happy Hour now goes from four to eleven?[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']My Cyndaquil shall be named Jed, short for Jedidiah. If it's a girl, I'm going for Dixie.[/QUOTE][FONT="Georgia"]I don't know much about Pokemon. How do you know that you're going to have a Cyndaquil?[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][FONT="Georgia"]I don't know much about Pokemon. How do you know that you're going to have a Cyndaquil?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It's one of the three Pokemon you can start with. The other two are Totodile and Chikorita. Cyndaquil is the fire-based one, so a lot of people choose it for that, since fire is both really cool and a relatively scarce Pokemon type in the Wild. Personally, I prefer Totodile as a starter, but I already have one in one of my other games.

So the Pokeathlon is fun and I'm thinking this needs its own thread.[/FONT]
Posted
[color=deeppink]Got my hair cut the other day, and at first I thought it was going to be an absolutely miserable experience because the girl doing it seemed all bright, bubbly and talkative, but I guess she got the hint or something because she barely said anything the whole time. It turned out to be only mildly traumatic.

And I will never be comfortable with someone else washing my hair.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It's one of the three Pokemon you can start with. The other two are Totodile and Chikorita. Cyndaquil is the fire-based one, so a lot of people choose it for that, since fire is both really cool and a relatively scarce Pokemon type in the Wild. Personally, I prefer Totodile as a starter, but I already have one in one of my other games.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Georgia"]Okay, I clearly know less about Pokemon than I thought. I thought new games introduced new Pokemon. Haven't those three been around for a while? (I recognise them, so they must have.)[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Sara][FONT="Georgia"']Okay, I clearly know less about Pokemon than I thought. I thought new games introduced new Pokemon. Haven't those three been around for a while? (I recognise them, so they must have.)[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]There are new games and then there are remakes of older games. FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of Red and Blue (respectively) for the Advance, and HeartGold and SoulSilver are the atrociously-named remakes of Gold and Silver (respectively) for DS.

So technically they're [I]brand[/I] new, just not [I]new[/I].[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Then Happy Hour now goes from four to eleven?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]And someone stole the Communion wine again... Sheesh!:animeswea

My Facebook status said I was going running today- my Facebook status lies![/color][/size][/font]
Posted
I scrambled around the entire school today because of my Pokewalker... I'm trying to get my useless Togepi (Miyuki) to evolve. But Togepi only evolves via FRIENDSHIP POWER(which I can get with the Pokewalker)!!! And during classes I just held the thing and shook it.

I'm tired...
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So Darth Zeitgeist, it occurs to me that them thar "Best of" awards that you promised by the weekend are a little late.

As your humble servant, it is my duty to nag you at times like these. Now if you'll excuse me I have a day shift to manage.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Message reposted because the Lounge wasn't updating on the front page.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So Darth Zeitgeist, it occurs to me that them thar "Best of" awards that you promised by the weekend are a little late.

As your humble servant, it is my duty to nag you at times like these. Now if you'll excuse me I have a day shift to manage.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Agreed. ._.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...