OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='chibi-master'].....It's very faint, but I can sense some passion around here somewhere..... *looks up* Oh.

I need to lose a few pounds... I think I'll go on a diet again... It should be easier as I seem to be getting my taste for salads back!:animesmil[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I don't even remember the last time I was this excited over an album. Wait, yes I do, n'sync[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]It's randomly snowing again. Come on, weather, make up your mind.

And if you're gonna snow, you'd better freaking snow all day. And all night. =/[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]... you must live a helluva lot closer to me than I thought OR our weather patterns are just incredibly similar.[/size]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] Have you listened to the stream? If you're not against it I have an advance copy of the album.[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Time constraints and a crappy internet connection have kept me from it, though I am aware of it.

And thanks, but I think I'll just wait for the album itself, mostly due to my crappy connection.

When does it come out? I've only been able to find the Japanese release date.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Time constraints and a crappy internet connection have kept me from it, though I am aware of it.

And thanks, but I think I'll just wait for the album itself, mostly due to my crappy connection.

When does it come out? I've only been able to find the Japanese release date.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=treubuchet ms] March 9 in U.S. and Canada[/font]

[size=1][color=darkred]I'm kind of tossed on what I want to buy when I get some money coming in.. (Between this week and next) I'm leaning strongly towards Mass Effect, but at the same time I also want to buy some cheap games for my ps2... FF8, FF9 and maybe Dragon Quest 8. I'm also tempted to buy either Persona 3 FES or Persona 4.. Really tough call there.

Wow, people are tearing a hole into Gene Simmons son. I don't think I've even seen nor heard of the guy before until now.[/size][/color]

[quote name='chibi-master']Balloons and cake, yes?:catgirl:

Second GSA meeting tomorrow! *is excited*[/QUOTE]

GSA? *Also still curious about your good day*

As for what I'm buying, FF13 is a definite. I'm still toying with the idea of getting Sakura Wars though...

@Magus: I enjoyed Persona 4 more than 3.

[quote name='Lilt']@Magus: I enjoyed Persona 4 more than 3.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkred]I've been told 4 was better than 3 because of you can control your characters. And that's the main reason why I've been considering skipping 3 altogether, but at the same time I've been hearing the the A.I.'s not as stupid as characters in other games as well. So I'm definately split on the two, especially with FES costing only $12 at one of my Gamestops.[/size][/color]

[quote name='chibi-master']
I got into a fight on the bus. Ended up slapping the antagonist so hard that he was knocked back into his seat and hit the back of his head a little on the window. I won by a landslide.[/quote]

what was the fight for anyways? though im all about violence.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I just pre-ordered [B]Pokemon: Soul Silver[/B] I got lucky, too, since every place except my local Game Crazy had the Lugia Figurines out of stock. Even Amazon.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

o rly

'Cause when I pre-ordered HeartGold from Amazon, they still had the Ho-oh figurine one available. Maybe SoulSilver is more popular?

[quote name='CaNz']what was the fight for anyways? though im all about violence.[/QUOTE]

Long story. Earlier, the antagonist's friend used a very offensive word. I went up to that friend and told him I thought it was offensive. The friend calmly apologized and all was well. Apparently, the friend told the antagonist. After the friend was dropped off, the antagonist looks right at me, grins, then looks at another kid and proceeds to call the kid the offensive word. He does this several times. I told him that I knew he was trying to test my patience and that this was not a good idea. An African American girl on the bus stood up and agreed with me. He called her a different offensive word. I snapped and slapped him so hard he won't be able to taste anything for a few months. It's nice to know that the bus driver didn't try to stop the antagonist in the first place.[/sarcasm] But at least her non-caring attitude allowed me to slap the jerk and not get in trouble.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']o rly

'Cause when I pre-ordered HeartGold from Amazon, they still had the Ho-oh figurine one available. Maybe SoulSilver is more popular?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Apparently so. The clerk at GameStop told me I would miss out on the figurine if I ordered Soul Silver, and Amazon's [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Limited-Pokemon-SoulSilver-Figurine-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002IFT2Q8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267598342&sr=8-3"][COLOR="Blue"][U]order page[/U][/COLOR][/URL] for it says that the figurine version is out of stock (except for a few that pop up now and then being sold by vidya game scalpers at double the original price oh how I hate those guys.) In contrast, Heart Gold's limited edition is still selling.

But Game Crazy has not received word of the figurine selling out, so score for me. :D[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Long story.[/quote]
well... i suppose its for the best. especially if he really thinks that way and wasn't just testing your patience... then again if he really did think that way it might be worse since everyone is entitled to there opinion and in America can vocalise it... even if what the person says is offensive and stupid, and even a lie.

Anyways... he shouldn't have said anything like that because it is rude to try and deliberately upset people. I just wish more people would slap me when i do it.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't think freedom of speech really extends to verbally abusing people on a bus, lol. I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't have a Jerk Amendment.

Not that I necessarily agree with what chibi did. But on the other hand, good on her for making her disapproval known originally (er, when it was peaceful and before the escalation :P).[/font]

I don't exactly agree with what I did either. I knew better than to react physically, but he took it a step too far when he called that girl what he did. And as for freedom of speech, there are many exceptions. One of those includes "fighting words". Such as the words he used. Because of that, no jury would be able to convict me if we had gotten into a full-blown fight over the words used and he tried to use the freedom of speech card.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Using Freedom of Speech to justify bullying is a cowardly tactic and one of the most offensive things you can do as an American citizen, or indeed a citizen of any free country.

The right to Freedom of Speech was put in place to prevent people from being persecuted for the way they think, act or feel. Using it to harass, silence or bully people for those exact reasons goes against everything the Constitution, the United States and the Free World stands for.

In short, I'm disappointed, Chibi. You had every right to clench your fist before hitting him. [spoiler]No you didn't, but I'm actually kind of glad you took a stand, whether or not it was in an appropriate manner. Just tell someone he was being an *** next time, 'kay?[/spoiler][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
In short, I'm disappointed, Chibi. You had every right to clench your fist before hitting him. [spoiler]No you didn't, but I'm actually kind of glad you took a stand, whether or not it was in an appropriate manner. Just tell someone he was being an *** next time, 'kay?[/spoiler][/FONT][/QUOTE]

If a simple slap sent him sprawling back into his seat, I'm afraid of what my punch would have done to him.:animedepr

International Food Festival thing inschool today... $5.00=All you can eat. So many delicious cookies from so many diferent places... And a few strange dishes as well, but...

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Using Freedom of Speech to justify bullying is a cowardly tactic and one of the most offensive things you can do as an American citizen, or indeed a citizen of any free country.[/FONT][/quote]
he didn't say it... i just put it in because i wasnt sure if he was slapped for the offensive behavior or for being a homophobic racist. i don't think anyone would justify it, and i still think if you're rude, to whatever extent you need a good reprimanding. however if someone is horribly racist, like my grandpa, who was born in Kentucky and raised under a house with people who have been locked in that state for years... i don't think he deserves to be slapped [I]ONLY[/I] because he is smart enough not to say what he thinks to those who would be offended by it (everyone but family and friends i guess) is he wrong? yes... but that same thing can be said for people who don't believe in evolution or people who don't think global warming is real.

so long as people keep their stupid thoughts to themselves, i am fine with whatever they think.