OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='chibi-master']I'm trying to watch some more Nostalgia Critic videos, but his videos seem to make my laptop overheat and shut down...:animeangr[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]The video hosting used is kinda insane [though it's not necessarily his fault, his hosting before that was...I dunno, and before [I]that[/I] he was on Youtube, and as you could probably surmise, the copyright fairy came around...]. I typically have to put it on low quality so it doesn't buffer/lag like crazy, and closing out of other tabs/programs sometimes helps, too.

Although if mere videos are causing your lappy to overheat and shut down, then you might wanna get yourself a nice can of air and blow the dust out. Blasting clumps of dust out works wonders. :catgirl: [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]
Although if mere videos are causing your lappy to overheat and shut down, then you might wanna get yourself a nice can of air and blow the dust out. Blasting clumps of dust out works wonders. :catgirl: [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Out of where?:confused:

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Oh, oops. The fan.

You could also attempt to take the lappy apart and clean it manually, but I'd suggest finding someone that knows what they're doing for that. [Unless [I]you[/I] know what you're doing, of course.][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Words from a friend of mine who does know computers: when using compressed air to clean out dust, use small, controlled bursts of air. Condensed air is going to come out very cold, and condensation on your computer parts is not something to be desired.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I had an interesting night at work tonight. I was back booth of drive thru at McDonalds when this father starts accusing me for cheating him out of his change saying he gave me a fifty instead of a twenty. Turns out there were no fifty dollar bills in my till and my manager had to call the owner's son-in-law to deal with the person. Talk about a crazy night.

Oh, and the new icarly/star wars toys at McDonalds SUCK![/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]I had an interesting night at work tonight. I was back booth of drive thru at McDonalds when this father starts accusing me for cheating him out of his change saying he gave me a fifty instead of a twenty. Turns out there were no fifty dollar bills in my till and my manager had to call the owner's son-in-law to deal with the person. Talk about a crazy night.

Oh, and the new icarly/star wars toys at McDonalds SUCK![/COLOR][/QUOTE][font=secret font!][size=3]That's a reasonably common scam. I'm glad it worked out for you that you didn't have any $50s.[/size][/font]

People will try anything for money...:animesigh

Reading Romeo and Juliet in English. So for I have learned: Romeo is a quick flip-flopper.
Two 14 year olds can be married after knowing each other for about 2 hours.
Romeo and Juliet have the ability to utilize the "No, [I]you[/I] hang up first, lol!" good-bye despite their lack of phones.

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]Oh, and the new icarly/star wars toys at McDonalds SUCK![/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]I assume you have a choice between the two toys, as opposed to there actually being combination icarly/star wars toys.

Which is a shame, really.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][SIZE=1]So my boyfriend is planning a surprise for my birthday and apparently ALL of my friends are involved. I'm frightened but incredibly curios. @_@[/SIZE][/quote] I think I feel you. I once had a surprise birthday party where my dad covertly had all of my best friends come over, despite the fact that a lot of them didn't really associate with each other at all. Room full of high schoolers who are barely acquainted + nothing to do but sit around + parent hanging around in the next room + host who is just very bad at parties and party-hosting = awkwardness.

Fortunately, I found an air compressor and brought it into the room, which kinda got things kickin'. That's a party tip I'll keep to my grave.

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]So my boyfriend is planning a surprise for my birthday and apparently ALL of my friends are involved. I'm frightened but incredibly curios. @_@[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I didn't get the memo.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I assume you have a choice between the two toys, as opposed to there actually being combination icarly/star wars toys.

Which is a shame, really.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE][font=secret font!][size=3]At work today I found a small iCarly purse with a Star Wars keychain attached to it.

Now, I'm not saying they came together. But the possibility is clearly there.[/size][/font]