OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='chibi-master']If only my teacher could explain it that well! Thanks, that makes more sense, then!:animesmil[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Your teacher might be assuming most people make the connection between [I]x[/I] representing a number that you don't know and [I]x[/I] being a label.

If I were to extend the apple concept to actually knowing what the number was, it'd be something like:

7[I]a[/I] + 6[I]a[/I] = 13[I]a[/I], but we know [I]a[/I] = 6.

Because we can say we have thirteen [I]apples[/I], we can also say we have thirteen [I]sixes[/I], or we have "six" thirteen times, which is six times thirteen.

Thus when [I]a[/I] = 6, 13[I]a[/I] = 13*6 = ohgoshlargenumberummm = 78?

Yeah. 78. (I went 13*6 = (10 + 3)*6 = 10*6 + 3*6 = 60 + 18, which makes multiplying large annoying numbers like that a tad easier.)[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Cartoon Network just called the year "Oh-ten."

I want to send them a memo listing all the reasons that's wrong.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Calibri]Make sure to tell them that using the zero preceding the ten is obviously silly.

(2) 0-10. Anyone can see the foolishness.[/FONT]

The Gavin OB Cat is very soft. And I just found out that it smells fantastic! :love:

Also, I used my 3rd grade sewing class skills to fix a good sized open stitch on a stuffed, over-sized duck. I feel proud.:animesmil

This year, as soon as I've turned 16 and get working papers I am going for a part-time job at Wal-Mart! I shall rule over the hunting section in the back as no one has ever seen before!:smirk:

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']I've discovered recently that I can crack my ankles in the same fashion as my brothers who crack their knuckles/hands. It's an interesting feeling, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I can do this too. Except only in my right foot. But I can do the knuckles too. And my neck. ANd my hip at a certain angle. I'm extra cracky.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"]but it is ._.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"]i agree... *galnces around to make sure Allamorph isn't about to swoop down*[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']In other news, MISSION COMPLETE. Now to return to my Pokémon shenanigans.[/FONT][/quote]

Heck yes! I knew you could do it!:excited:

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]FDKFJAKLFAJSDKLSAJ I LEFT MY HEADPHONES AT HOME DSAJKDHASDOIDFULJ RAGE.

...Well, technically they're not [i]mine[/i], I'm borrowing them since my earbuds are broken. >> BUT THE FACT STILL STANDS THAT THEY'RE AT HOME AND ADFFASFAF POO.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']I have a really good comeback, but I really want to see those results, so I think I'm just going to sit in this here corner for the time being.:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

You can stick those awards where the sun don't shine after that last post.

[SIZE="4"][FONT="System"][COLOR="Magenta"]I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A BIT OF TIME FROM EVERYONE TO SHARE MY POEM ABOUT THE GREATNESS OF BOO.

HE MAKES OB LOVELY
WITH GRAPHICS AND SUCH.
IT MAKES ME FEEL BUBBLY.
I ADORE HIM SO MUCH.

BOO, THE MAGNIFICENT,
I CALL HIM WITH LOVE.
NO FEELINGS MALEFICENT
TOWARDS BOO HIGH ABOVE.

I DID ONCE INSULT HIM.
BUT NOW I KNOW
THAT MY MIND IS DIMMED
BY HIS INCOMPARABLE GLOW.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Sorry, Boo. :(

[quote name='chibi-master'][SIZE="4"][FONT="System"][COLOR="Magenta"]I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A BIT OF TIME FROM EVERYONE TO SHARE MY POEM ABOUT THE GREATNESS OF BOO.

HE MAKES OB LOVELY
WITH GRAPHICS AND SUCH.
IT MAKES ME FEEL BUBBLY.
I ADORE HIM SO MUCH.

BOO, THE MAGNIFICENT,
I CALL HIM WITH LOVE.
NO FEELINGS MALEFICENT
TOWARDS BOO HIGH ABOVE.

I DID ONCE INSULT HIM.
BUT NOW I KNOW
THAT MY MIND IS DIMMED
BY HIS INCOMPARABLE GLOW.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]