OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm curious. What kind of remedies do everyone take when they have colds? I hate drugs, but the only one I'd actually take is Alka-selzer (sp?) (and that's just as nasty as everything else). I call myself drinking a lot of tea, and just started eating spicy food (I eat spicy food often, I just never did it while having a cold). I just recently got this cold (2 days ago). Started out with the throat feeling all weird and funny, then the ears started tingling, and now the nose and ears are clogging up. Sneeze here and there too. I hate having colds. It ruins a lot of my days when I plan to have a bit of fun.[/font][/color]

When I have a cold? I usually use decongestants to try and bide the stuffiness of my nose and head. But, uhh... I can't think of much more than that specifically. Nyquil does not work for me [i]at all[/i]; I stopped using it years ago.

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm curious. What kind of remedies do everyone take when they have colds? I hate drugs, but the only one I'd actually take is Alka-selzer (sp?) (and that's just as nasty as everything else). I call myself drinking a lot of tea, and just started eating spicy food (I eat spicy food often, I just never did it while having a cold). I just recently got this cold (2 days ago). Started out with the throat feeling all weird and funny, then the ears started tingling, and now the nose and ears are clogging up. Sneeze here and there too. I hate having colds. It ruins a lot of my days when I plan to have a bit of fun.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I have never tried this myself but I almost want to get a cold so I can.

[url]http://www.ehow.com/how_5573567_treat-cold-dr-pepper.html[/url][/font]

[size=1]When I get a cold I usually just tough it out; my immune system is pretty amazing. Otherwise, I end up eating a lot of breads and drinking ginger ale.

Oh, and

[i]love[/i][b]LOVE[/b][i]love[/i][/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Eww... Chicken noodle soup. I just may have to force myself to eat that though.

Lunox, I'll let you know how that Dr. Pepper thing goes since I like that pop a lot.

So being sick and all, I'm up on listening to some songs I normally wouldn't be listening to. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. This is probably the only song I'd actually listen to from her. (And on some occassions, Poker Face) I must admit that her voice is powerful. Almost like Christina Aguilera.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]So [I]you're[/I] the guy who's been baking the small one cakes![/FONT][/QUOTE]

That is no joking matter!:p I finally reported it to my guidance counselor, and later found out that another girl had reported him as well, though her case wasn't nearly as severe as mine.

After 5 days of no interenet (damn you, NYC), chibi is back! But whatever.

The entire trip went as smoothly as wordly possible! It was as if angels were laying down rose petals through the entire 5 days! Then my family got back at the train station tonight only to find out that my mom had driven over a nail in the crappy parking lot 5 days earlier and we now had a flat. My dad fixed it, though, so all's fine and I'm back home with my beloved puppy dog!

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Magus][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Eww... Chicken noodle soup. I just may have to force myself to eat that though.[/font'][/color][/quote]I love making home styled chicken noodle soup. It's much lighter and less salty than the standard kind out of a can. You might like that a little better, it's certainly worth a try. I'm pretty sure you can get it at the store just like the other types. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I love making home styled chicken noodle soup. It's much lighter and less salty than the standard kind out of a can. You might like that a little better, it's certainly worth a try. I'm pretty sure you can get it at the store just like the other types. :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred][strike]For a second there I thought you were offering to cook it for me.... :catgirl: :p. ("Read the whole thing first, Magus")[/strike] The salty-ness is the exact reason why I can't stand chicken noodle soup. (So tempted to say "wit a soda on da side") I might give it a shot.

I am feeling better now though. (Been having some really goofy moments) I think it was one of those 24/48 hour colds, but I pretty much just dranked a lot of tea, alka-selzer, tried the hot dr. pepper with a lemon.... That actually clears the nose. I didn't think that'd work, but it definately is worth a shot for those who get clogged noses.

For the first time ever, I had a decent/fun time in a composition class.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Well, I celebrated turning a year older yesterday [as it is now the 23rd in my time zone]...and now I feel rather teary-eyed. :([/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

ARGH! Don't do that to me! When I first read this, I thought you said that you turned 23! Of course, having sent you the chibi birthday PM celebrating an aging of the number 20, I was devastated! And then [B][I]I[/I][/B] got teary-eyed! Of course, then I zoomed about the site checking my PM, your profile, etc. before finally coming back here to read over your post again like I should have done the first time. :animedepr

I LOVE PANGOLINS. SO FREAKING CUTE!!!

Pangolins? Even though I don't like the changes google is going through, I'm going to have to google that one lol.

Also I think someone emailed me a computer virus, because now I have the sniffles. :animedepr

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT!

CAN IT?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

IT MOST CERTAINLY CAN, GOOD SIRS. Besides, I was only walking from about 10 a.m. to about 4 p.m., not to mention the time I spent in taxis can't be counted. So of course the number may be pretty low.

Also, CaNz is now invited to all my birthday parties, family reunions, etc. Hope you like pillow fights and BBQ.

[quote name='chibi-master']Also, CaNz is now invited to all my birthday parties, family reunions, etc. Hope you like pillow fights and BBQ.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Who don't like BBQ?[/color][/font]

[quote name='chibi-master']
Also, CaNz is now invited to all my birthday parties, family reunions, etc. Hope you like pillow fights and BBQ.[/quote]
who doesn't like pillow fights?

I would be honored, and your welcome at any of mine. My family is very nosy though, and me bringing a girl would instantly make you the most popular person at the party(all I here about is grandchildren... great grand children and extending the family name) till they find out you have as much intrest in me as every other woman in the world... then it might get a bit awkward until one of the family members gets drunk and becomes the next popular one

[quote name='CaNz']
I would be honored, and your welcome at any of mine. My family is very nosy though, and me bringing a girl would instantly make you the most popular person at the party(all I here about is grandchildren... great grand children and extending the family name) till they find out you have as much intrest in me as every other woman in the world... then it might get a bit awkward until one of the family members gets drunk and becomes the next popular one[/QUOTE]

Woman? I don't think I have the right to be called that for about 2 and a half more years. Until then I am apparently a young adult...

That reminds me... I am having a hard time finding a decent enough Basement Kitty plushie! :(