OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Is that really all it takes?

Because if so, WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE
IT WAS ALWAYS BURNIN'
SINCE THE WORLD'S BEEN TURNIN'
WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE
NO WE DIDN'T LIGHT IT
BUT WE TRIED TO FIGHT IT[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Our u.s. history teacher used to make us listen to that repeatedly xD its a great song i just cant hear it now withought it getting stuck in my head... which you know, i guess is the point.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='SilverFox'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Our u.s. history teacher used to make us listen to that repeatedly xD its a great song i just cant hear it now withought it getting stuck in my head... which you know, i guess is the point.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Boo you, Jon. I'd been avoiding actually paying attention to what they'd posted until now.[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Boo you, Jon. I'd been avoiding actually paying attention to what they'd posted until now.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Do you remember alligood making us listen to that? or did you ever have alligood as a teacher? I cant remember.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='SilverFox'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Do you remember alligood making us listen to that? or did you ever have alligood as a teacher? I cant remember.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Alligood never made us listen to that. Alligood made us watch the movie about stupid people taking over the world. Johnson was the one who played that song, and the Animaniacs President's song over and over again.[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Alligood never made us listen to that. Alligood made us watch the movie about stupid people taking over the world. Johnson was the one who played that song, and the Animaniacs President's song over and over again.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Hmm weird, alligood made us listen too it, least im pretty sure, you know theres always the possibility that im just goin bat-guano insane too.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Okay, so I know that smurfs turn purple when you choke them, but what color would Oompa Loompa's change?[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Wait.. wha...?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Okay, so I know that smurfs turn purple when you choke them, but what color would Oompa Loompa's change?[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Burnt sienna? No clue. xD[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

I was watching Pani Poni Dash and there was a reference to dyed baby chicks and I remembered reading a manga that had that too, so I decided to look it up to see if it was for real. It turns out that people actually do it!!
[URL]http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexbip/168387522/[/URL]

It is supposedly harmful for the chick and it may shorten their life span... but its still kinda cute >.<

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Checklists are therapeutic.

Things to do this week & next:

____ Music Theory Final (Monday)
____ Music Education Reflections (Friday)
____ Music Education Research Papers (Friday)
____ Geology Final Exam (Tuesday)
_:)__ Geology Lab Final Exam
_:)__ Sight/Ear Listening Final
____ Sight/Ear Singing Final (Friday)
_:)__ String Techniques Comprehensive Final
_:)__ String Techniques Playing Final
____ String Techniques Reflections (Friday)
____ Trumpet Jury (Wednesday)
____ Create MySpace/Facebook/Email list event for the music hall.

I'M GETTIN' THERE![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have a math test on probability tomorrow. This is not a problem, as probability is easy. The problem is that my teacher's favorite problems for probability involve an ordinary deck of playing cards. I find this very confusing as I rarely ever use playing cards. For my homework the past few days, I've actually had to take out a deck of playing cards to complete it. But my teacher won't let me use my deck of cards during the test. I have one night to memorize all the cards in a 52 card playing deck. Fffffffffffffffffffff.......:(

[quote name='chibi-master']I have one night to memorize all the cards in a 52 card playing deck. Fffffffffffffffffffff.......:([/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me trying to help...
There are 52 cards in a deck, but you should really think of them as 13 x 4. Here, there are four (Club, Spade, Diamond, and Heart) of each of these:

Aces
2s
3s
4s
5s
6s
7s
8s
9s
10s
Jacks
Queens
Kings

So there's every number including and between 2 - 10, plus the Royals (Jack, Queen, King) and finally the Ace. That's about it. (There's also usually a Joker or two in the deck, but that doesn't count towards the 52, so screw it.)

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Checklists are therapeutic.

Things to do this week & next:

____ Music Theory Final (Monday)
_:)__ Music Education Reflections (Friday)
_:)__ Music Education Research Papers (Friday)
____ Geology Final Exam (Tuesday)
_:)__ Geology Lab Final Exam
_:)__ Sight/Ear Listening Final
_:)__ Sight/Ear Singing Final (Friday)
_:)__ String Techniques Comprehensive Final
_:)__ String Techniques Playing Final
____ String Techniques Reflections (Friday)
____ Trumpet Jury (Wednesday)
____ Create MySpace/Facebook/Email list event for the music hall.

I'M GETTIN' THERE![/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]SO CLOSE.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Had to run the mile in gym class. If the girls didn't make it within 11 minutes, they had to do it again. For the guys, it was 10. I ran the mile in time. Then I promptly had an asthma attack that almost made me miss the math test. Of course, due to my incredible stubborness, I dragged myself to take the test even though the nurses had told me I should rest. I wasn't up until 3 a.m. to have my hard work and Toph Aces wasted, dammit!:animeangr

[quote name='chibi-master']Who doesn't?:p[/QUOTE]

[size=1][raises hand] I do love you, Marta. Just not in that way. :D

I made onigiri for the first time today. They're really yummy with pork in them.[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]

I made onigiri for the first time today. They're really yummy with pork in them.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Yes! Yes they are! Those things were so delicious!!![/I][/COLOR][/FONT]