OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

yeah... but you see... we prepare for that kinda stuff here... we make our buildings specifically for earthquake frequent areas... our building code mandates it... like cellars being mandatory in the tornado valley part of the USA,,, so when we have an earth quake (and we did not to long ago... i was about 70 miles from the epicenter of a 7.2) we take little damage. I think only one guy died... and that was in LA so he probably deserved it(kidding).

anyways, California is a great place to go if you dont want to deal with weather.

[size=1]I MADE AN A+ ON MY ENGLISH ESSAY!!!

Which, trust me, is amazing. Since I was supposed to have a rough draft and 9 different boxes from the book we were working in, and I turned in the final draft and my fieldworking journal. :) Which means I only had half of the required materials. But apparently my essay was just THAT good. :D

[is doing a little mental happy dance][/size]

[quote name='chibi-master']California= Wildfires, mudslides, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.[/quote]
wildfires yes... but that doesnt effect people who dont live in the wild... mudslides happen when it rains, and that dosent happen too often in most of california, tornadoes... maybe once in a blue moon, but i doubt i will see one here in my lifetime.

if you guys want to live here its fine with me! everyone knows california is the best... i know your all just trying to be nice and including me in your bad weather states, but i know im different and im okay with it.

So I was reading through the Pokemon Black&White thread when disaster struck. I stretched out my legs and my right calf suddenly seized up in the most painful leg cramp I have ever experienced. I tossed and turned on the floor screaming in agony before dragging myself downstairs for a hot towel. Apparently my dad did not hear my screaming. Remind me never to encounter an axe murderer in my room, as nobody will come to my rescue due to their lack of hearing.:animedepr

Also, happy evening spent running through a forest pretending to be a Bulbasaur. I used Razor Leaf on a slug.:animesmil

[quote name='chibi-master']So I was reading through the Pokemon Black&White thread when disaster struck. I stretched out my legs and my right calf suddenly seized up in the most painful leg cramp I have ever experienced. I tossed and turned on the floor screaming in agony before dragging myself downstairs for a hot towel. Apparently my dad did not hear my screaming. Remind me never to encounter an axe murderer in my room, as nobody will come to my rescue due to their lack of hearing.:animedepr
[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]While I do know the feeling I can't help but laugh. (sorry) Everytime I hear about cramps I automatically think about the episode of the Cosby show where Clair get a cramp in the back of her thigh.

Speaking of which, I believe those are the most painful cramps ever. I know when I caught it I couldn't stand, sit or lay down with it. Man, talk about pain. That's pain I wouldn't wish on anybody.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]
Speaking of which, I believe those are the most painful cramps ever. I know when I caught it I couldn't stand, sit or lay down with it. Man, talk about pain. That's pain I wouldn't wish on anybody.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

I'm not completely sure that I would ever wish that pain on anybody either...:animedepr

Speaking of which, how did I get the cramp?! I was LYING DOWN. All I did was stretch! Aren't cramps supposed to happen during hard exercise or something?

So I saw Avatar today. It looked pretty, but I was not impressed at all with the plot.:animesigh

[quote name='chibi-master']So I saw Avatar today. It looked pretty, but I was not impressed at all with the plot.:animesigh[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I saw it today, too, actually. And I agree, for the most part. I rather liked the first half, but the second half just ticked me off. :/[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I saw it today, too, actually. And I agree, for the most part. I rather liked the first half, but the second half just ticked me off. :/[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]ALL HUMANS WHO ARE NOT FURRIES ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE.

This summary brought to you by the Committee to Raise Awareness of That Other Thing Called Avatar Which is Way Way Better.[/FONT]

Funnily enough, my family watched Avatar tonight as well. 'Cept I didn't, since I was writing that thing about tsunamis for Geology class.

I'll see Avatar someday. Maybe. Probably. When it's super convenient for me. Yeah.

it made me want to watch the smurfs....
other than that it was a movie that just said "feel bad 'cause your an American. Everything we do is wrong... see!"

i agree, the native Americans were robbed, but we cant just turn back time on it, and even if we could, who would have the right to take back the homes people have now rightfully earned? in a Capitalistic society everyone has an equally bad chance of succeeding so its more or less fair. I dont like it but its better than the alternatives that seem to always tempt man into corruption.

i am disappointed in Hollywood. they cant even support the society they abuse for their own greed.

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I saw it today, too, actually. And I agree, for the most part. I rather liked the first half, but the second half just ticked me off. :/[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I was really annoyed at the corny antagonist for the second part... It was like watching a children's movie because he was just "evil" for no reason other than his enjoyment of the sound things make when they explode.

Also, if the planet doesn't have enough oxygen for humans to breathe, then how did all those fires keep going for so long?!:animeangr

I had a Calvin and Hobbes morning with my dog. We ran through the forest in my backard looking for giant blue cat people. All we found was an insane amount of really entertaining mud.:animesmil

[size=1][happy happy happy dance]

So anyway! :D

I feel bad now... I was curled up in my seat, eyes much wider than normal, squeeing every time some cool special effect happened. And I didn't even see if in 3D.

Speaking of which, How To Train Your Pet Dragon was amazing. :)[/size]

[quote name='chibi-master']Also, if the planet doesn't have enough oxygen for humans to breathe, then how did all those fires keep going for so long?![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'm not the only one!! I didn't notice it when I watched it for the first time in IMax, but when we watched the DVD the other day, I asked the exact same question (no one in the room had an answer...).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Speaking of which, How To Train Your Pet Dragon was amazing. :)[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Pay attention to this part, folks, it's very important and 100% truth.

Minus the "Pet" part, but eh.

As for the oxygen question, humans actually breathe a pretty complex assortment of elements. Straight oxygen gets you high, but you can't live on it. It could just be that there's enough oxygen, but the other gases present are poisonous to humans. Personally, I was more preoccupied with the fact that a trained Marine employed as a bodyguard would willingly wander away from the group he's protecting to poke some giant flowers.

So [I]Rune Factory 2[/I] is so far infinitely superior to the first one.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Personally, I was more preoccupied with the fact that a trained Marine employed as a bodyguard would willingly wander away from the group he's protecting to poke some giant flowers.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Oh, come on, now. You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't do the same thing, trained Marine or not. :p 'cause, regardless of the story, Pandora was friggin' [I]pretty[/I].[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]'cause, regardless of the story, Pandora was friggin' [I]pretty[/I].[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]That's basically why I loved it. So preeeeeeeeeetttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyy. <3[/size]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Oh, come on, now. You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't do the same thing, trained Marine or not. :p 'cause, regardless of the story, Pandora was friggin' [I]pretty[/I].[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I concur. I would definitely go poke some pretty pretty pretty pink flowers, given the chance!

Watched Sherlock Holmes again today. I don't care what other people have said, that movie was fabulous.

I plan to watch The Breakfast Club later on tonight.:catgirl: