Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='James' timestamp='1317601177' post='709735']
[font="palatino linotype"]Wow, that's crazy. Maybe you should be teaching the class! ^_^
[/font][/quote]

She would have to change the class's name to "English for Beginners", though.
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1317619392' post='709740']
She would have to change the class's name to "English for Beginners", though.
[/quote]
What do you mean beginners?
Don't insult my little sister! [size="2"]At least she knows that you are supposed to put commas inside of the quotation marks. [/size] Edited by CaNz
Posted
[quote name='CaNz']What do you mean beginners?
Don't insult my little sister! [size="2"]At least she knows that you are supposed to put commas inside of the quotation marks. [/size][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]A) He's German. Congratulations on lording it over a non-native speaker.

B) Only Americans place commas inside quotations without regard to context. British (and, I assume, most Europeans) place commas and periods where they logically should go in the sentence.[/font]


[color="#FF0000"][center][b][font="Courier New"][size="4"]GAME OVER[/size]
[size="1"]PLEASE INSERT QUARTER[/size][/font][/b][/center][/color]
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1317652863' post='709743']
[FONT=Calibri]A) He's [b]AUSTRIAN[/b]. Congratulations on lording it over a non-native speaker.

B) Only Americans place commas inside quotations without regard to context. British (and, I assume, most Europeans) place commas and periods where they logically should go in the sentence.[/font]


[color="#FF0000"][center][b][font="Courier New"][size="4"]GAME OVER[/size]
[size="1"]PLEASE INSERT QUARTER[/size][/font][/b][/center][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Lucida Console"]Fix'd. Austrians do like to make the distinction that they're not German. Except for that one guy who pretended to be German and y'know....[/font] Edited by T.O.P
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1317652863' post='709743']
[font="Calibri"] Congratulations on lording it over a non-native speaker.[/font]
[/quote]
I wouldn't feel American if I wasn't telling people from another country how to do things.
Posted
[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1317638683' post='709741']
What do you mean beginners?
Don't insult my little sister! [size="2"]At least she knows that you are supposed to put commas inside of the quotation marks. [/size]
[/quote]
I'm not insulted at all, silly! XD
I try not to make too many grammar and/or spelling mistakes if I can help it... However, I know that I probably mess up a lot without realizing it.
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']However, I know that I probably mess up a lot without realizing it.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]And this is why you never hear a word from me.[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Calibri]My patience with telemarketers has eroded completely, and so I have taken to prolonging any conversation they start so that I can make them as uncomfortable as humanly possible before they abandon their efforts and hang up.

For starters, any conversation that begins with "Is this [person's full name]?" is met with the reply "It is not."[/FONT]
Posted
[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]I prefer registering on the 'do not call list'. Surprisingly it actually does work. You stop getting the telemarketing calls. [/font][/color]
Posted
The telemarketers that call my house are suprisingly rude. They shouldn't even be calling since I'm on the same 'do not call' list.

After being stuck in my head all summer, I have finally hunted down this song that I remember from a birthday party when I was seven or something...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY[/media]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1317676036' post='709752']
I'm not insulted at all, silly! XD
I try not to make too many grammar and/or spelling mistakes if I can help it... However, I know that I probably mess up a lot without realizing it.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]I wouldn't worry about spelling and grammar this stage. I'd say you should be a lot more worried if you don't know what "unrest" and "protest" mean. Since you do, then the rest seems to be a relatively minor point, I think. :smirk: [/font]
Posted
[quote name='Indi'][color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]I prefer registering on the 'do not call list'. Surprisingly it actually does work. You stop getting the telemarketing calls. [/font][/color]
[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri][i]*cough*[/i][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']The telemarketers that call my house ... shouldn't even be calling since I'm on the same 'do not call' list.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]^ ^[/FONT]
Posted
[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]Not sure why you still get calls chibi. I don't anymore. Though it sounds like you do too, Al. Pity. Here I was thinking it was a good thing since I don't get them anymore. I think you can report them but I don't remember the details.[/font][/color]
Posted
Whoa. I fell asleep at 4 p.m. and woke up at 7:30 a.m. That did not go as planned. O_O

I kind of wish I hadn't skipped the pep rally yesterday. On the plus side, I didn't have to sit through an hour of nonsensical speeches or cheerleaders. I did, however, have to sit through an hour of babbling from a freshman boy. He decided to spend the hour talking about how he hates frogs and people.
Posted
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I'm watching a British show called [i]Misfits[/i].

This is [i]by far[/i] is the most ****ed up show I have ever seen...[/font][/size][/color]
Posted (edited)
[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1318135955' post='709843']
Why do I insist on looking up stuff like Slender Man right before I go to sleep?!
[/quote]

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]ahahaha

Look up salad fingers. It will help you forget about Slender Man. :3[/font][/size][/color] Edited by (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
Posted
[quote name='(â??ï¾?ã?®ï¾?)â??' timestamp='1318136278' post='709844']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]ahahaha

Look up salad fingers. It will help you forget about Slender Man. :3[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
Seen it. But Salad Fingers won't kidnap me in the middle of the night without a face.

I am so tired. Why did I do this to myself? I knew this would happen!

You know what? I'm going to sleep now. With all the lights on. And J-Pop playing on high volume.
Posted
Completely unrelated:

[img]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5329/yesohmygosh.jpg[/img]

I made the Jax rage out in the first few minutes and it all snowballed from there. :D
Posted
[center][img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293358_2520960463238_1230091842_33046012_1942564492_n.jpg[/img]

[FONT=Calibri]My second sister is boss.[/FONT][/center]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...