OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

So I now have my learners which means I can start to drive, loving work but I hate my laptop and I need to buy another desktop because the laptop is crash dumping continually >:/

loving Bones, now onto season four, and i now have all the expansions of WoW......I need more of a life >.>;

And I'm thinking of giving up on love and relationships....too much heartache and I keep falling back to depression, not good.

[quote name='T.O.P' timestamp='1321814554' post='710292']
[font="Tahoma"]My name is forever meant to be misspelled. I think my mom cursed me when I was born. Cory, Corey, Kory, Kori (wtf at the last one)[/font]
[/quote]

I feel your pain. Katie is forever and always going to be misspelled. Caitie, Katy, Katey, Cady (Mean Girlsssss).

[size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]So I made it down to Illinois okay. But on my way back home, not so much. 8D

I almost got into a wreck (someone was trying to push me off the road (they were going 90, I was going about 75)). My car broke down on a very busy interstate two hours away from my current residence. I waited on the side of the highway for five hours (6pm to 11pm). I could turn my car on, but all it would do is sputter. Finally got a tow truck. Didn't get home until 3am. When I got home, I tried my car again to find out that I can't even start it now. So now I have to get another tow truck to take it to get fixed. Won't get fixed until Monday. Looks like I won't be going to school for awhile. 8D

Happy Black Friday to me!

Lemon Law is looking really nice about now. This is about the 4th time I will be taking it to the shop within four months after buying it.[/font][/size] Edited by TotallyBoo

My car is broken down as well. Worked fine last year, drove it here and there.(Living in a small town where cars arent THAT needed lol) Winter came and my car battery died. Tried charging it, blew the battery. Bought a new battery, car starts. Then i gotta move to a new apartment. Find out the car had no brakes afterwards. So i tow it to the new place where i keep it running for a while each day. Then my neighbours decide they do not want to get along with me and decide to steal things and harass me verbally whenever id go out to my parking lot. So i got busy doing other things and forgot about starting the car unti a couple weeks ago. I went to start it and it wont start.... Thought it was the battery again. Charged it and still didnt work. So now i am back at step one..

[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]Yeah, lol indeed. lolz. It costs more than what I have to repair my car, so I can't go to school nor can I go to work to make money to pay for my car. lolz
Looks like I might have to drop out of a class or two. lolz

On another note, I need to see a doctor for my leg (appears that I have a blood clot or something). ;~;[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='TotallyBoo' timestamp='1322513552' post='710388'][color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]
On another note, I need to see a doctor for my leg (appears that I have a blood clot or something). ;~;[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
You should just become a doctor, that way you can fix yourself whenever something bad happens to you.

I got my plane ticket to Yreka today! Once again I am poor, but I guess being with family for the holidays is much more important than money. I really dislike flying during the holidays, since security takes forever and the airports are all crowded, not to mention having to wait around two hours since you can't be sure you will get to your terminal on time. The good news is my vacation is gonna be a long one, almost two weeks!

[color="#483D8B"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]Being a doctor sounds interesting.

Got my car fixed and back (found some emergency money yay). But! It had to snow on my way back from work this afternoon (it was raining prior, so it was really nasty out), so what usually takes 20 minutes to get home, it took about an hour. :( We can expect about 6-8 inches. ;A; lolIvebeenmissingalotofclasseslately[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='TotallyBoo' timestamp='1322513552' post='710388']
[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]On another note, I need to see a doctor for my leg (appears that I have a blood clot or something). ;~;[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I'm in sort of the same boat. I've had a problem with the joint in my hip since September. There's only so much the athletic trainers can do :c

[quote name='TotallyBoo' timestamp='1322608540' post='710406']
[color="#483D8B"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]Being a doctor sounds interesting.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
What kind? If I were to be a doctor, I would just go for being a gastro-intestinal surgeon. Of course, I don't want to be a doctor, so...

For some reason, I keep falling down stairs lately. It's not even a rare event anymore. I tumbled two times yesterday, and I just fell down my stairs at home. Out of nowhere I start to zone out in the middle of a step and down I go. WTF?

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1322654689' post='710414']
For some reason, I keep falling down stairs lately. It's not even a rare event anymore. I tumbled two times yesterday, and I just fell down my stairs at home. Out of nowhere I start to zone out in the middle of a step and down I go. WTF?
[/quote]
You should ask Santa for an escalator this year.

I need to spend 25$ next week for xbox live, even though I currently have no Xbox 360. I still use my account once and a while, but I really am not using it like i used to. The thing is, I am doing the Family deal with three friends, and we need exactly four people in order for this to work. DARN YOU PEER PRESSURE!

EDIT: Made it to 2,000 posts!
I gotta say I am a little sad that this wasn't the Senior Otaku benchmark, but I guess that means I have more to work towards. [spoiler] but I am still insanely jealous of the people with less posts than me who snagged it![/spoiler] Edited by CaNz

[quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1322614759' post='710408']
I'm in sort of the same boat. I've had a problem with the joint in my hip since September. There's only so much the athletic trainers can do :c
[/quote]
[color="#483D8B"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="2"]Owww, hip pain. That's probably the worst pain next to back pain. x_x My condolences. [/size][/font][/color]
[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1322654689' post='710414']
What kind? If I were to be a doctor, I would just go for being a gastro-intestinal surgeon. Of course, I don't want to be a doctor, so...
[/quote]
[color="#483D8B"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]I dunno. probably.... I dunno.

So, I'm trying to decide on something here. Move into an apartment (does not include bed) that is probably the cheapest in the city that is supposedly haunted and in one of the worst places in the city to live, and three miles away from the college,

or

live in an apartment (includes a bed) that may be $75-$100 more expensive that is in the best place in the city and is walking distance from my college. And money is a big factor... But I dunno if I can handle the hauntings. ;_;

But WTF! My city has a worse crime rate than Detroit. There are only TWO other cities that have worse crime rates than my city. o_o

What is said about the hauntings at the apartment.[/font][/size][/color]
[quote]
Securely latched closet doors open by themselves. Coat hangers move and rattle together by themselves as well. Lights go on and off and knocking on doors by unseen hands have been reported. Ghostly whispers are heard in some apartment units. Heavy footfalls and disembodied yelling has been heard, coming from empty apartments. Sounds of dishes and pans being thrown and broken, though nothing is amiss when the witness checks up on their kitchen area. In a particular apartment unit, cold spots and a hostile unseen presence is felt. This entity touches and gropes female residents.
[/quote]

[color="#483D8B"][size="3"][font="Book Antiqua"];___;[/font][/size][/color] Edited by TotallyBoo

[quote name='TotallyBoo' timestamp='1322703856' post='710427']
[color="#483D8B"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="2"]Owww, hip pain. That's probably the worst pain next to back pain. x_x My condolences.
[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Much appreciated. It is pretty awful and quite a nuisance at times. I went to a wedding about a month ago and wore heels all day. I kept waking up that night and it felt like my hip was actively shattering. Quite miserable and painful. :c Edited by Katie!

[quote name='TotallyBoo' timestamp='1322703856' post='710427']
[color="#483D8B"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]

So, I'm trying to decide on something here. Move into an apartment (does not include bed) that is probably the cheapest in the city that is supposedly haunted and in one of the worst places in the city to live, and three miles away from the college,

or

live in an apartment (includes a bed) that may be $75-$100 more expensive that is in the best place in the city and is walking distance from my college. And money is a big factor... But I dunno if I can handle the hauntings. ;_;

But WTF! My city has a worse crime rate than Detroit. There are only TWO other cities that have worse crime rates than my city. o_o
[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
If the crime rate is that bad, I would find some way, any way, to get the extra money in order to ensure or at least increase the chances of my safety.

[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]Best. Commercial. Ever.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C6PKBLhJL0[/media]

I saw this on TV, and I was like, "I MUST FIND THIS ON YOUTUBE AND SHARE IT". so I did.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by TotallyBoo

Man, even though I still post in other parts of the forum it feels like it's been forever since I've last posted in this section. Now all I gotta do is catch up on the OB Podcasts.

Finally decided to drop the name Magus and just go with the nickname my family and friends call me. Edited by Mark

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1323130845' post='710507']
It is much harder to find scholarly articles than I thought it would be. GRAH! X[

I need to find a good library.
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]I like never post anymore but this is relevant to my life right now and my essay on China. Basically, you should know that google scholar & jstor are your best friends. I have like 10 tabs open right now of articles.[/font]

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1323165460' post='710511']
[font="Garamond"]I like never post anymore but this is relevant to my life right now and my essay on China. Basically, you should know that google scholar & jstor are your best friends. I have like 10 tabs open right now of articles.[/font]
[/quote]
[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6DdS2YRaWbU/TPkkdUaUHVI/AAAAAAAAC74/JKhV9-qmWpc/s1600/wedding_ring.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][color="#FFFFFF"]That advice just helped me finish this awful project.[/color][/center]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="2"]Holy ****. This trailer looks AWESOME. I MUST SEE THE MOVIE.

But then I saw that Kristen Stewart was Snow White... and I was like "....**** that." But then I saw the guy who played as Thor and was like "**** YEAH!" Eee hee hee.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXb6l9Dzo14&feature=relmfu[/media]

AND THEN HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!(INSERT MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS)
You can't even fathom how excited I am for this movie. I have been waiting for this movie ever since the BOOK CAME OUT. o_o[/size][/font][/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgssLmsOa2s[/media]

So. When I decided to donate blood, no one told me the needle was as long as my forearm and could be used as a freaking telescope. Luckily, I got over this by just not watching anything, though I did sneak a peek at my blood baggie. Also! I didn't pass out until I got to the snack table and was half-way through a bag of Cheez-Its.

[color="#008080"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="2"]It seems I've become lazy on the boards now. Apparently I have 20+ unread threads. lolscrewreadingallofthose.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#FFFFFF"]Guess that's what happens when you get a life :V[/color]

[color="#008080"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="2"]In other news,[/size] [size="6"][b]I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE. AHEM.[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='CaNz']
Linku-kun: I blame Lyndy and her talk of pronz
Lyndy: I guess now -I- am the bad influence.
Japan: eeyup
CaNz Are you saying Lyndy gets you hot and bothered Linku?
Linku-kun: Only in this instance.
[/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#008080"][size="2"]CaNz, your signature is horrible. What Linku said at the end was a reply to what I said about being a bad influence. Not him getting him ... yeah. You are a [size="5"]horrible, horrible, [/size]person.[/size][/color][/font]