OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]This used to be the only definition for my name on Urban Dictionary for the longest time.
"A girl who is ****ty and not the smartest. When she's around, use small words and draw pictures so she can understand you."

NOW, someone added a new, better definition!

"A Lyndsie is like a rare Pokemon. Lyndsies tend to be outgoing, energetic, and have a high level of both badassery and hotness. Most girls want to be a Lyndsie, but only some are lucky enough to have a Lyndsie friend. If you are dating a Lyndsie, you live in a fantasy world of adventure randomness.

[i]'Man, I'm so bored on the weekends. What should I do?'

You gotta get yourself a Lyndsie. I hear they're the life of the party.'"[/i]

Yeah, that's more like it. :B[/font][/size][/color]

[FONT=Calibri]Ah, statewide standardised testing. Utterly useless and counter-productive, since its results determine how federal funding is distributed, which encourages teachers to "teach the test" instead of actually teaching freaking content.

Thank you, Big Government.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1318399918' post='709882']
[FONT=Calibri]Ah, statewide standardised testing. Utterly useless and counter-productive, since its results determine how federal funding is distributed, which encourages teachers to "teach the test" instead of actually teaching freaking content.

Thank you, Big Government.[/FONT]
[/quote]

[kuja]I always felt like Standardized testing was an insult to an AP Students' intelligence and was amazed on how many people would actually fail our standardized test. It was more like busy work for me than actual testing.

Fun side note. The first question I got on the SAT math portion was about rounding.[/kuja]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1318398010' post='709880']
What the heck is wrong with me?! ;^;
[/quote]
I am sure there are a few things, but none of them are related to the ridiculous standardized tests.

My sleep schedual has been pretty rediculous this week. I am up for 36 hours, sleep for 10. then up for 36 hours and sleep for another 10, and I keep going like that.. I am not sure if I can make it today though... unless I stay up until 11pm I am gonna fall short of my 36 hour mark. Its not all that fun being this tired, but I have even less fun lying in bed, unable to sleep.

[18:36] Enrichetta Cronin: You finally came online lol I was waiting for u ;-) how are u babe?
[18:36] Allamorph: do what
[18:36] Enrichetta Cronin: hi! 20/f/California here, found u in the AOL member directory. do u want to chat? :-)
[18:37] Allamorph: Not anymore.
[18:37] You have blocked Enrichetta Cronin

So my xbox 360 finally broke today. I am not sure what happened, but I think something happened to the power input jack... like maybe it got fried. The first gen xbox 360's are hardly reliable,. with practically a 100% failure rate. Mine already had the red rings of death, but that was back when it was under warrenty, now it would cost me 100$ just to fix the system, when it might break again. That is way too much when I can buy a used xbox slim (a pretty good piece of machinery, unlike my junk heap) on ebay for around 150$

I might be able to salvage some parts though. My friend had a xbox from the first gen too, but when he gave it to his little brother the disk laser stopped reading games. My issue is with the power input so if I just put my disk reader in his box, I should have another 360 with no money out of my pockets. Problem is I have no idea if he kept that broken xbox 360.

Tomorrow may be an interesting day.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1318505033' post='709906']
So my xbox 360 finally broke today. I am not sure what happened, but I think something happened to the power input jack... like maybe it got fried. The first gen xbox 360's are hardly reliable,. with practically a 100% failure rate. Mine already had the red rings of death, but that was back when it was under warrenty, now it would cost me 100$ just to fix the system, when it might break again. That is way too much when I can buy a used xbox slim (a pretty good piece of machinery, unlike my junk heap) on ebay for around 150$

I might be able to salvage some parts though. My friend had a xbox from the first gen too, but when he gave it to his little brother the disk laser stopped reading games. My issue is with the power input so if I just put my disk reader in his box, I should have another 360 with no money out of my pockets. Problem is I have no idea if he kept that broken xbox 360.

Tomorrow may be an interesting day.
[/quote]
.....How does anyone learn this much about a gaming system? *still has trouble adjusting her DS brightness*

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1318506463' post='709909']
.....How does anyone learn this much about a gaming system? *still has trouble adjusting her DS brightness*
[/quote]
I took my friends xbox 360 apart to remove dust from his readers lens. that fixed it for about a year and a half. When his little brother tried to fix it like I did he broke the dang thing. As for how I learned it in the first place... youtube videos. With the internet I can probably do a ton of handyman stuff... which is important because for some reason everything I have loves to break.

Quick list of things that are broken.

My xbox 360 (in the process of fixing)
My xbox 360 controller (workable, but not good)
My xbox 360 headset (fixed for the most part)
My power cord for my laptop (fixed, but difficult to manage at times)
My cell phone's interior keyboard. (too messed up, and if I fixed it it would break again)
My Bass guitar ( it takes a lot of tape, but it works)
My electric guitar ( It works half the time)
My glasses... all of them (I bend them back to shape as best as I can.. but they are always a bit off)
My pants (I try to sew them up the best I can, but I got a "D" in home economics for a reason)
My sweatshirt. (It zips up half way, then I have to manually insert the strip again in order for it to go the remainder)

I am sure there are more... I just am doing the stuff that comes up off the top of my head. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz']Is Lyn bothering you on AIM again Al?[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Most likely.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master'].....How does anyone learn this much about a gaming system? *still has trouble adjusting her DS brightness*[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Because no one told them they couldn't. Also fiddling around with things and paying attention to what-happens-when can kludge most anything.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1318506463' post='709909']
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]...It's...not that unusual in this day and age of technology? Especially if you're like me and have been playing games since you were five? [i]Somebody[/i] has to know how to fix these things, after all.

Which, incidentally, I too am having console issues, but this time with the Wii. I'm starting to get the disc read error problem like I was last year. It could just be a fluke, but it's happened with Melee and Brawl so far. It could just need a break since I've been using it a lot lately, but I dunno.

I'll give it a week to see if it keeps up, but if not, I'll have to take it out to have the system cleaned and the lens/needle re-aligned. Which, the guy who fixed it last time did so for pretty cheap, and will probably still fix it for cheap, but it's still a pain.[/font][/color]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1318463808' post='709900']
Is Lyn bothering you on AIM again Al?

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1318521772' post='709911']
[FONT=Calibri]Most likely.[/FONT]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]
Hey now, I'm nothing like Enrichetta. That name is so tacky.

Elle Jay all the way.[/font][/size][/color]

Hee hee~! I am having a [i]very[/i] good hair day! This almost never happens!

I think I've decided what I want to do for a living, though even I think that sounds really rash at this point. But, I've been thinking about the idea for about a year now, and I really feel that this is something I can look forward to doing: I'd like very much to be a pediatric nurse.

I know I don't talk to many girls, so it really isn't that surprising that I wouldn't know this... but girls act very differently from guys when under the influence of alcohol. I went to a friends housewarming party, and his roommates invited a ton of coworkers over. I ended up playing a drinking game with one of the girls, and she decided she didn't wanna play anymore rather quickly. I said it was fine and helped her drink the stuff we poured out, so in return she kissed me. I don't even know this persons name and she was just so casual about it. I am sure that not every girl goes to parties and kisses strangers, but I have heard a lot of similar stories and past experiences from a friend.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1318802624' post='709950']
I said it was fine and helped her drink the stuff we poured out, so in return she kissed me. I don't even know this persons name and she was just so casual about it. I am sure that not every girl goes to parties and kisses strangers, but I have heard a lot of similar stories and past experiences from a friend.
[/quote]

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Pfft. Please. My ex-friend did [i]way[/i] more than kiss strangers from parties. Kissing a random stranger at a party is [i]nothing[/i] compared to what she did.[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Lyn' timestamp='1318802983' post='709951']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Pfft. Please. My ex-friend did [i]way[/i] more than kiss strangers from parties. Kissing a random stranger at a party is [i]nothing[/i] compared to what she did.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
With ex-friend you mean your alter ego?

[quote name='Lyn' timestamp='1318802983' post='709951']
[/quote]
I think that's a little less of "difference between drunk girls and drunk guys" and more:
[center][img]http://images.orgill.com/200x200/8255861.jpg[/img][/center]