OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I may go to London in the Spring for the study abroad program my school has. It would be a great experience to travel to the other side of the world!

Only thing is the whole cost for the whole trip/semester is around $11,000 (including the tuition, insurance, room and board, theater tickets, and many other things!). I only have $2000 covered so far.. hm. I wonder if we would see Mozart Opera Rock! :o!

If I [i]really [/i]wanna go, I should start filling out scholarship applications... The more I think about it, the more I want to go! We would even go to Paris!

You know what? I will go. I just need to find a way to procure up the money...

[size="5"]I'M SO EXCITED[/size]
[/font][/size][/color]

[FONT=Calibri]So yesterday I come out to Backline delivering biscuits and I see our general manager, our district manager, and two of our shift leaders clustered around a spot of floor near the front door. Being naturally curious, I shift my line of sight so I can see that particular spot of floor, and I find that there is a lady sort of ... slumped on it. Seems there was an accident (or at least an incident), and so our store leaders are making sure she's okay.

And, of course, since the all-pervading mentality among this [i]particular[/i] store's leadership is "what if I'm fired", they were also being very obsequious and slightly groveling about it. This bothers me to an immense degree. But I've only got four weeks left of work at the store, so that's neither here nor there.

This lady was, for lack of a better way of putting it ... not .... slender.

[spoiler]Oh the hell with it. She was fat. And not in the "ten pounds more than Tyra Banks' favorite supermodel apprentice" sort of 'fat' rubbish. Not large or heavyset or big-boned or plump or portly or rotund; I know several people from each category, and they are healthy, happy individuals. I mean she was [I]fat[/I]. Blubberous. Well-larded. She had a tiny, petite face and underlying frame, and it looked like her body had run out of room twenty years ago and just started going "...****, I got no place to put all this extra ****. Stick it â?? aw hell, stick it over there, I'll deal with it when I can." And, according to my colleagues, she stank, in the 'Meh, I'd shower, but I'm not gonna be out long, and I'm just gonna sit on the couch all day; why bother?' way that is unique to people of that ... disposition. My [i]gosh[/i] was she fat.[/spoiler]

[i]*ahrm*[/i] So. Helping a newbie with dish work today, I overhear one of our other shift leaders talking on the phone about money stuff, and I hear the phrase "our insurance people are contacting her insurance people", and quite naturally I blink. Then I think [i]McDonald's coffee lawsuit[/i] and ask if she's trying to make a fuss about the fall. She is. Seems she has a broken collarbone and a bruised somethingorother, and she's trying to pin it on Hardee's. Nobody on the staff believes she actually fell that hard. [spoiler]Personally I suspect that, given her physical condition, any fall at all might have sent so much mass jostling around inside her that her weakened skeletal structure might actually have been easily compromised, if you'll excuse the pith.[/spoiler] My father, who managed a Pizza Hut for several years, said that first thing he'd have done was check the security footage for the front door, to see if she didn't just walk in, pour some water on the floor, look around, sit down, and raise a royal fuss; says lazy, uninsured people try that all the time to dodge medical bills. I'm totally inclined to believe him.

In the long run it doesn't matter at all, though. I've had fun working there (when I can get scheduled to work), and I'll miss it a bit, but in four weeks I'll no longer care. Boot camp cannot come soon enough.[/FONT]

[font=palatino linotype]I saw [i]The Lion King 3D[/i] on Saturday. It was pretty awesome - I hadn't seen the film since back when it was on VHS tape. So it was nostalgic and the 3D elements were pretty good at times.

Although admittedly, when I watched it I started feeling strong withdrawal pains for the Broadway version. I would [i]love[/i] to see that again.[/font]

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I really want(ed) to see Lion King in 3D. One of my favorite Disney movies.

And **** this cold. I'm sniffling, coughing, and sneezing all the freaking time. e_e And possibly have a fever, but my thermometer is broken. Working at the Humane Society sucks in the long run. :( [spoiler]I even sneezed while using Skype and got snot all over my mic. D: I'm sure everyone was happy with the sound of snot being cleaned off of my mic :3[/spoiler]

And I have a huge Calculus exam tomorrow but I decided to blow off studying all weekend, of course. Talking to friends is just more entertaining.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

[quote name='(â??ï¾?ã?®ï¾?)â??' timestamp='1316999663' post='709597']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I really want(ed) to see Lion King in 3D. One of my favorite Disney movies.
[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Past tense? Has it already stopped playing in U.S. theatres or something? :pout: [/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1317000253' post='709598']
[font=palatino linotype]Past tense? Has it already stopped playing in U.S. theatres or something? :pout: [/font]
[/quote]
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I think it might have. I just know it was playing only for a very limited time in select theaters.
andlol, I just looked it up. Looks like it is still playing until the 30th. I wonder if my brother will see it with me. :3 Or at least my sister-in-law.[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1316990869' post='709592']
[FONT=Calibri][spoiler]Oh the hell with it. She was fat. And not in the "ten pounds more than Tyra Banks' favorite supermodel apprentice" sort of 'fat' rubbish. Not large or heavyset or big-boned or plump or portly or rotund; I know several people from each category, and they are healthy, happy individuals. I mean she was [I]fat[/I]. Blubberous. Well-larded. She had a tiny, petite face and underlying frame, and it looked like her body had run out of room twenty years ago and just started going "...****, I got no place to put all this extra ****. Stick it â?? aw hell, stick it over there, I'll deal with it when I can." And, according to my colleagues, she stank, in the 'Meh, I'd shower, but I'm not gonna be out long, and I'm just gonna sit on the couch all day; why bother?' way that is unique to people of that ... disposition. My [i]gosh[/i] was she fat.[/spoiler]
[/FONT]
[/quote]
Well, thank you, Alla. You've just caused me to snort a very decent milkshake. *icecreamheadacheforever*

[quote name='(â??ï¾?ã?®ï¾?)â??' timestamp='1317001673' post='709599']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I think it might have. I just know it was playing only for a very limited time in select theaters.
andlol, I just looked it up. Looks like it is still playing until the 30th. I wonder if my brother will see it with me. :3 Or at least my sister-in-law.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
YES! YES! YES! *is determined to see it*

[quote name='chibi-master']Well, thank you, Alla. You've just caused me to snort a very decent milkshake. *icecreamheadacheforever*[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]A funny thing happened to me while I was writing that post. I wanted to find a good-sounding synonym....[/FONT]

[center][img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/25/e5cf9849-f27b-4c4c-ba0d-6737b7e7532e.jpg[/img][/center] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1317017387' post='709601']
[FONT=Calibri]A funny thing happened to me while I was writing that post. I wanted to find a good-sounding synonym....[/FONT]

[center][img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/25/e5cf9849-f27b-4c4c-ba0d-6737b7e7532e.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]

I... I just don't... BUT HOW?!

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1316990869' post='709592']
[FONT=Calibri][spoiler]Oh the hell with it. She was fat. And not in the "ten pounds more than Tyra Banks' favorite supermodel apprentice" sort of 'fat' rubbish. Not large or heavyset or big-boned or plump or portly or rotund; I know several people from each category, and they are healthy, happy individuals. I mean she was [I]fat[/I]. Blubberous. Well-larded. She had a tiny, petite face and underlying frame, and it looked like her body had run out of room twenty years ago and just started going "...****, I got no place to put all this extra ****. Stick it â?? aw hell, stick it over there, I'll deal with it when I can." And, according to my colleagues, she stank, in the 'Meh, I'd shower, but I'm not gonna be out long, and I'm just gonna sit on the couch all day; why bother?' way that is unique to people of that ... disposition. My [i]gosh[/i] was she fat.[/spoiler][/FONT]
[/quote]
[quote='Lyndy'][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG1qyxWl9I[/media][/quote]

[quote name='T.O.P']Boo is like what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, he punches them both and walks away.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]So ... completely ineffectual [i]and[/i] a logical fallacy?

I bet he's proud to have friends who are so generous with their complements.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1317067403' post='709614']
[FONT=Calibri]So ... completely ineffectual [i]and[/i] a logical fallacy?

I bet he's proud to have friends who are so generous with their complements.[/FONT]
[/quote]
[center][img]http://explorepharma.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/aloe-skin-gel.jpg[/img] [/center]

[quote name='T.O.P' timestamp='1317061940' post='709611']
I'm so hopelessly addicted to Korean pop music now ;_;
[/quote]

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]OMG ME TOO NOW.

:|[/font][/size][/color]

[size="1"][font="Garamond"]and it's all your fault[/font][/size]