OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1315487107' post='709338']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Move to Michigan. Although you probably won't survive the winters since you're coming from Australia. :V[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I survived a week in Seattle during the winter...it actually reminded me a lot of Cooma (a town here) during winter....I'd have to find somewhere were I can get a job as a youth worker though because I am taking the youth work courses at CIT.

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]So I realized something. The preps who used to call me ugly and fat in middle/high school (when I was only maybe five or ten pounds heavier than them, and looked [i]decent[/i]) are now the 'fat and ugly' ones. Funny what summer after high school can do to you! They gained weight, a ton of it, and I lost it. hehehe.

What goes around comes around! =D

[spoiler]I think I find this [i]too[/i] funny/enjoyable. Just maybe.[/spoiler]

I can't wait to visit my hometown now. [spoiler]I miss mah bestie. ;_;[/spoiler][/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1315693208' post='709389']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]So I realized something. The preps who used to call me ugly and fat in middle/high school (when I was only maybe five or ten pounds heavier than them, and looked [i]decent[/i]) are now the 'fat and ugly' ones. Funny what summer after high school can do to you! They gained weight, a ton of it, and I lost it. hehehe.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

Vicious cycle comes to mind...

I have found a couple animes on my computer that I had never heard of before. I have torrents for them, so I am not sure what happened. They really aren't my typical animes, (Genshiken and Rio- Rainbow gate!) so I have no clue what was going on.

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]"I'm kind of hungry, but my roommate has guests over. So if I go into the kitchen I'm going to have to introduce myself."
Happened to me all the time when I used to live with my mom. She always had this guy over, and I hated walking past him, so I always starved myself when he was there. [spoiler]Which was all the time.[/spoiler]

And the GPS did the same thing for me one time... ;___; scary times.[/font][/size][/color]

Me and Lee finally got our Bi-Orb. It took about 13 trips up and down a flight of stairs to fill it, but hey-ho. It was worth it.

Bought two fish for it so far. Blue, our Siamese Fighter (Betta Splenden) and Shade the Ghost Knife. (Although, we seem to be calling him 'Knifey' a lot instead of his name.)

Decided last night to start hand feeding with our Knife and he did it on first try. Adorable little sod.

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1315733035' post='709397']
Delete Rio right now. It is atrocious.
[/quote]
I didn't like either one, so they are both gone. I think I might have gotten them while I was drunk... which would make sense because I have horrible anime relate ideas while intoxicated, such as watching the faster paced Evangeleon reboot, and making a drinking game where you take a shot of gin every time something sad happens.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1315592447' post='709365']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
[s]I think I'll go make a girly av/sig to rectify this.[/s] Close enough.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[b]I really like the new sig. If you wanted to go all out though, I'm sure you could have made an Atelier Totori sig and that would have definitely got the message across big time. :V

And like chibi-sis, I never get mistaken unless I was trying to hard to be mistaken for a guy a while back (short haircut, baggy clothes, etc.) so I couldn't really complain since I just felt like dressing like a dude.

Also, I've seen my share of pretty guys and handsome women.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1316043487' post='709448']
AHEM. [spoiler]It seems that Meowth is no longer part of Team Rocket. He's with Ash, Cilan and Iris. I THINK MY EAR CANALS JUST FILLED WITH BLOOD.[/spoiler][/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Some of us discovered this a few weeks ago and our brains collectively broke.

[spoiler]I kinda think it's a trick, though. It's only been a few episodes since then, so I'm banking on a betrayal.[/spoiler][/font][/color]

[quote name='Lilt' timestamp='1316016825' post='709436']
[b]I really like the new sig. If you wanted to go all out though, I'm sure you could have made an Atelier Totori sig and that would have definitely got the message across big time. :V[/b][/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Thanks, and I've surprisingly never heard of that. I had to look it up.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

Today my best friend and I noticed that there were some letters arranged on a wall in the school that spelled "Welcome Bac" instead of "Welcome Back." I mentioned my urge to put an "H" after the "C" in order to create "Welcome Bach." My friend dragged me to the art room whee we crafted an "H" and printed out a picture of Bach looking all creeper-face. Then, we taped both of them up with the "Welcome Bac" letters. I think this was a fairly good start to my morning.

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Okay, so, I am taking Calculus as a freshman in college. Trigonometry is the prerequisite for the course. I didn't take it. The counselor at my college put me in Calc because of my 'outstanding' math scores on my Assessment test[spoiler] (and I didn't even take the Honors English class when I basically had a perfect score for the writing part... does not compute).[/spoiler]

AND, my calc teacher is always saying "Trig is a pre-req to this class." And I can feel my face getting red when he says that. ._.

AND GUESS WHAT. We are doing trig shhhtuff in the class now.

I have no idea what I am doing.[/font][/size][/color]

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/lyndy05/Y0UJC.png[/img]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1316313887' post='709490']
It's so cold outisde already!
[/quote]

Why are you outside? put a log in the fireplace and make some hot chocolate stat!

I am going pants shopping tomorrow... I am sure I can find a new pair of jeans, but I am not looking forward to the uncomfortable break-in process. My "old" jeans are maybe six months old... which isn't much compared to the rest of the stuff I own, which has been around since my freshman year of high school.

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]How I learn German.

1:17 is most likely one of my relatives[/font][/size][/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLg8V4IZXBQ&feature=relmfu[/media] Edited by Elle Jay

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I went to see a lecture at the University of Melbourne last night. It was Dr. Michael Shermer and the subject was [i]The Believing Brain[/i] - really fascinating stuff. And best of all, it was a free public lecture.

This is the second one I've attended in as many months at UniMelb, and I'm really starting to love the presentations they host. They've had some really incredible people giving talks lately (the last one I saw was Dr. Lawrence Krauss, who is such a fascinating speaker).[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1316481511' post='709512']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I went to see a lecture at the University of Melbourne last night. It was Dr. Michael Shermer and the subject was [i]The Believing Brain[/i] - really fascinating stuff. And best of all, it was a free public lecture.

This is the second one I've attended in as many months at UniMelb, and I'm really starting to love the presentations they host. They've had some really incredible people giving talks lately (the last one I saw was Dr. Lawrence Krauss, who is such a fascinating speaker).[/font]
[/quote]

Ahhh, great stuff. I've been really getting into the scepticism stuff of late. Well, I did a little bit at the end of last year but this year uni has knocked me off my feet. Great to hear Melbourne has a little community going - it's making information available that's the key. I'm so isolated in dusty academia these days I forget what the real world is like... so I am pleased to hear the real world seems to progressing just fine without me. :smirk:

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1316043487' post='709448']
AHEM. [spoiler]It seems that Meowth is no longer part of Team Rocket. He's with Ash, Cilan and Iris. I THINK MY EAR CANALS JUST FILLED WITH BLOOD.[/spoiler]
[/quote]
[img]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/Srsly.jpg[/img]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]That kind of blows my mind.

On another note I'm seeing [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfTabqkGLUQ&ob=av3n]Protest the Hero[/url] in [b]8 [/b]days. So excite. :>

Ooohh, and I'm not trying to start a religious debate here or anything but I recently watched [b]Curiosity: Did God create the Universe?[/b] and it was really quite fascinating. I encourage all you non-religious folk to check it out. Or even if you are religious you may find it interesting.[/font][/color] Edited by White

[quote name='Ravenstorture' timestamp='1316506416' post='709515']
Ahhh, great stuff. I've been really getting into the scepticism stuff of late. Well, I did a little bit at the end of last year but this year uni has knocked me off my feet. Great to hear Melbourne has a little community going - it's making information available that's the key. I'm so isolated in dusty academia these days I forget what the real world is like... so I am pleased to hear the real world seems to progressing just fine without me. :smirk:
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Haha, well, the Global Atheist Convention is happening in Melbourne next year (and I grabbed my ticket recently). It'll be a really huge event, with a lot of very notable speakers attending. I think it's the second such event in as many years, so Melbourne is quickly becoming one of the major hubs for the general scepticism/atheism movement (such as it exists at the moment anyway).

We also recently had the Think Inc. conference (which I did not attend), and both Michael Shermer and Daniel Dennett were speakers there. Although I didn't go, both Shermer and Dennett are also doing individual talks at UniMelb - I'm all signed up to see Dennett, next. :wow:

When you come to Melbourne next, you should take a look at the talks that are on at UniMelb - there's usually someone very interesting around. [/font]