OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1312390053' post='708740']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Yep yep, we have a thread for it over yonder in White Noise.

IIIIIIIIII have a sore throat. Lovely.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Oh good, let's run off and be miserable together! *hands you a watermelon cough drop*[/font]

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1312399426' post='708742']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Oh good, let's run off and be miserable together! *hands you a watermelon cough drop*[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oh boy, misery loves company! Especially when today of all days is when we lack cough drops or spray. *takes a handful* =3=[/font][/color]

Both Ace and GoMe have a sore throat at the same time...
[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/lassie_faire/GIF%20central/sophieanne.gif[/IMG]

on another note I realize now just how awesome tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are. I also realize that I watch too many reality TV cooking shows.

I just had the most humiliating experience. I was walking downstairs when one of my legs got a sudden cramp. Luckily, I grabbed the railing to keep from falling. Then, as I bent down to grab at my cramped leg, my other leg seized up. I had to dangle from the stairs' railing while I endured this unholy amount of pain. Has anyone else here had more than one muscle cramp at once?

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312401869' post='708744']
Both Ace and GoMe have a sore throat at the same time...
[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/lassie_faire/GIF%20central/sophieanne.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]
[color="#008080"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]My... my mind is scarred. I'm scared.
[spoiler]And by that I meant the picture. ._.[/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1312401893' post='708745']
Has anyone else here had more than one muscle cramp at once?
[/quote]
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Yes. Toe and calf/shin. OMG. I feel your pain.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by Elle Jay

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1312401893' post='708745']
I just had the most humiliating experience. I was walking downstairs when one of my legs got a sudden cramp. Luckily, I grabbed the railing to keep from falling. Then, as I bent down to grab at my cramped leg, my other leg seized up. I had to dangle from the stairs' railing while I endured this unholy amount of pain. Has anyone else here had more than one muscle cramp at once?
[/quote]

Oh gods, yes. Swimming, one leg charlie horses, quickly followed by the other. Was supremely glad my boyfriend was in arms reach or I coulda drowned.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312441933' post='708756']
Can I have this one?
[attachment=15210:Ellie Badge.png]
[/quote]
*weeps openly* I...I guess so.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1312484776' post='708761']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I just got a little sad inside. Curse you.[/font]
[/quote]
I had to hug my Dug plushie just to smile again.

I baked an apple pie at 12 a.m. and it actually turned out pretty well.

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I had a fangirl fit at Best Buy yesterday. They had the fifth part of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. =D! Now I don't have to wait so many freaking weeks to see the ending now. YAY FOR SEEING IT SOONER. OMG SQUEE. You have no idea how freaking happy I am about this.

In one episode, I am BAWLING my eyes out. Literally. I am serious.
Next episode I'm like "...hey there, guythatlookslikeyounghohenheim"
STOP TOYING WITH MY HEART.
;-;

OMG FOUR EPISODES LEFT[/font][/size][/color] Edited by Elle Jay

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Is reviving a thread not allowed? Because I was browsing through some threads and a moderator told someone not to revive a dead thread. If it's not allowed... Woops. ^ ^;[/font][/size][/color]

[font="Garamond"][size="1"]don't ban me[/size][/font]

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1312825236' post='708821']
[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Is reviving a thread not allowed? Because I was browsing through some threads and a moderator told someone not to revive a dead thread. If it's not allowed... Woops. ^ ^;[/font][/size][/color]

[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]tis not a general practice at the very least. wouldn't say it's bannable but yeah not one of those things they really want you to do.[/font]

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1312825236' post='708821']

[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Well, most forums don't like thread necromancy as a general rule. I forget exactly what the rule is here now, but you can revive some if you want, but if it's really old enough, you can go ahead and just make a new thread? James can confirm or shoot that down. :Va[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1312831304' post='708823']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Well, most forums don't like thread necromancy as a general rule. I forget exactly what the rule is here now, but you can revive some if you want, but if it's really old enough, you can go ahead and just make a new thread? James can confirm or shoot that down. :Va[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, we usually just make a new thread. God knows we've had repeat threads enough times.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1312842851' post='708829']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]We make new threads? I thought we all just posted in here![/font]
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing! I didn't know new threads existed anymore.

[quote=elle jay][size="1"][font="Garamond"]don't ban me[/font][/size] [/quote]

[font="Georgia"]I'll be the judge of that.

But my policy on Thread Necromancy is pretty lenient, if there's more discussion to be had. Heck, some of the threads in the Lounge get a big bump every few months or so, lol.

Thirdly, I wanna go back to the States soon. I was just in Las Vegas and I miss all the comforts of home (Krispy Kreme, Air Conditioning, The Sun to name a few)[/font]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1312831304' post='708823']
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Bingo.

We have no specific rule about thread necromancy here, but my general advice would be that if the most recent topic on a given subject is [i]really old[/i] (like, months or years old) then it's probably a good idea to make a new one.

I just expect most people to practice common sense on that. If there's a specific question, I think the relevant moderator should always make the call. :)[/font]

[color="#008080"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Sorry, I'll pay attention to the last post date next time.
I tend to lack common sense at times. ^ ^;;[/font][/size][/color] Edited by Elle Jay

This evening I was walking around a park with some friends and for the most part, it was awesome. Exceeeeept for the stoners. OH GOSH THE STONERS. XD Why would you smoke pot on a children's playground when there are children not but a few feet away?! Even worse, they started following me and my friends around the park. Finally, right as our little group of five was about to leave, some guy stoned right the hell out of his mind parks his bike right in front of us. It would have been intimidating if not for the blank stare and random, "What're you doing?" that he managed to cough out.

This is where I learned that I should keep my mouth shut in the case of questions.

I instantly said, "Nothing illegal!" with a huge grin. Baaad choice of answer. The guy started glaring at us and for some reason all I could do was laugh and laugh. Luckily, one of my friends grabbed me and steered me around the bike. The stoners were not inclined to follow us anymore, I guess since
1.) they were high as kites
2.) one of my pals is incredibly tall and menacing