OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='CaNz' date='16 June 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1276676527' post='695380']
i hope not... i was trying desperately to avoid being bashed. I make it way too easy... though i did like your opinion of me. I am very bad when it comes to young girls... i automatically think i need to defend them from all harm, even internet girls that probably have two belt colors higher than me. (and a better fighting style) plus i drink a lot.
[/quote]

D'aaaw, you're even more of a softie than Allamorph! :) (Rach still scares me, though...)

But I agree with Ace. The argument could use its own thread instead of erecting walls of text in this one. <_<

[quote name='CaNz' date='16 June 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1276676527' post='695380']
i hope not... i was trying desperately to avoid being bashed. I make it way too easy... though i did like your opinion of me. I am very bad when it comes to young girls... i automatically think i need to defend them from all harm, even internet girls that probably have two belt colors higher than me. (and a better fighting style) plus i drink a lot.

your right... but when compared to statistics you look at a small number and figure it is irrelevant, and it is hard to find statistics relating to the question. the most relevant is an over 50% drop out rate of girls soccer on entry to middle-school. (i think this is a correct statistic in terms of numbers, but not in the people. it does not say who sticks with it, when they started, or there reasons for staying or leaving... but it does say that less than half the girls who start soccer end up not being cut out for it.... or gave up. id say they were probablly the immature ones since im sure the number of soccer players gets smaller, and my experience is about six years, (middleschool to junior year of highschool) and thats were i witnessed most of the tragic events.i am sure that at higher levels there is much less toleration for BS like that so the crazies are probably long gone. but id rather talk about the past...when you first started playing this did anything close to what i have been saying happen?

i love to win too, but i am not competitive... this seems like a contradiction but i dont think so. when i play games i try my best to get the fun winning feeling, but i honestly dont mind losing. i either want to try again or i try to find a closer match... unless the game is so fun that losing is preferable to not playing like boardgames and cards. in team sports i was always good, but my teamates were always upset with me because i could be happy after we lost a match. i enjoyed the game, i wouldn't have played it if i didn't

you higher athlete types get all the oppertunities to play you want. but where can an adult go to get good at playing a game if they had not really played it before? you cant jump into a league at 18 without a ton of practice. if being competitive wasn't so important there would be a casual league. like join a team.. go have fun playing a game league. most athletes would think it would be pointless... i think it would be fun.

this is the one benefit of competition... your self. attempting to beat your own doubts or lack of skills with vigilance and determination. I was neever good with this though... i like self confidence more. I always think that if i put enough effort into anything i could be at least okay at it (its kinda why i signed up for otakuboards) but the two can both be used to reach a higher potential... and good job... it took me two lessons to figure out how to skii! two!
[/quote]

Aww, CaNz is a softy, take getting beat down like a man, then crawl back to your computer in a mushy pile semi-resembling your formal, non mushy self. Oh, and up top with de huge quote, to lazy ta mess with that.

I've been having the hardest time trying to get on this computer yesterday. Earlier this morning this thing went to a red screen.... O_O. Never knew a red screen existed until then. I'm gonna save up for a lap top. I do know I'm gonna stay away HP and Windows Vista. Edited by Magus

[quote name='chibi-master']D'aaaw, you're even more of a softie than Allamorph! :)[/QUOTE]
[font="Calibri"]You are very easily swayed, I think.[/font]

[QUOTE=Magus]I do know I'm gonna stay away HP and Windows Vista.[/QUOTE]
[font="Calibri"]Gateway gogogo. And Vista should be fine now that most models come with enough standard RAM not to die horribly while trying to support the graphics.

Also I miss Dead Like Me. It's really too bad that Sci-Fi shows so much crap lately that all their good shows fizzle pathetically into obscurity.
[/font] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Allamorph' date='16 June 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1276714210' post='695409']
[font="Calibri"]You are very easily swayed, I think.[/font]
[/quote]

Meh, you're probably right. At least I'm optomistic, then. :)

Went to a hair stylist today because of my sister's graduation tonight. After 5 minutes, the stylist started making faces at my hair until she finally said, "WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" Apparently, I should avoid the hair cutting place by the grocery store... To quote this one guy there ( I think he was a stylist, too....), "She has, like, two seperate layers of hair! Like... Like a dog, almost..." My hair is crap.

[quote name='chibi-master' date='16 June 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1276695999' post='695391']
But I agree with Ace. The argument could use its own thread instead of erecting walls of text in this one. <_<
[/quote] i guess walls of text does compromise the padded room... It would be pretty sweet to get it moved to a different topic... like eleanor vs CaNz! and then she could kick my ass at arguing more discreetly... though im sure everyone would view it anyways.

[quote name='Botar' date='16 June 2010 - 08:05 AM' timestamp='1276700745' post='695393']
Aww, CaNz is a softy, take getting beat down like a man, then crawl back to your computer in a mushy pile semi-resembling your formal, non mushy self. Oh, and up top with de huge quote, to lazy ta mess with that.
[/quote]
I will keep that in mind.

[quote name='Allamorph' date='16 June 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1276714210' post='695409'][font="Calibri"]
Also I miss Dead Like Me. It's really too bad that Sci-Fi shows so much crap lately that all their good shows fizzle pathetically into obscurity.[/font]
[/quote]

two seasons was not nearly enough... I am kinda sad it was shown on Showtime instead of HBO. their specials automatically draw in viewers and this show could have used the boost. Now people are finally wising up and watching Showtime's stuff... especially after Dexter.

[quote name='Allamorph' date='16 June 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1276714210' post='695409'][font="Calibri"]Gateway gogogo. And Vista should be fine now that most models come with enough standard RAM not to die horribly while trying to support the graphics.
[/font]
[/quote]
Gateway's are usually on the pricy side right, or are there quite a few of them in the $200-$350 price range? And noooooo on Vista. I've been having so many issues with vista that I've never encountered before on XP or 2000.... (for one this automatic restarts and freezing on bootups) People in my school've ran into the same problems. I think I'll try out Windows 7 when I get my laptop/netbook or whatever.

[quote name='Magus' date='16 June 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1276723454' post='695420']
Gateway's are usually on the pricy side right, or are there quite a few of them in the $200-$350 price range? And noooooo on Vista. I've been having so many issues with vista that I've never encountered before on XP or 2000.... (for one this automatic restarts and freezing on bootups) People in my school've ran into the same problems. I think I'll try out Windows 7 when I get my laptop/netbook or whatever.
[/quote]
[color="#00FF00"]Well I'm running Linux and I'm pretty happy with it but Windows 7 is still great. I have Fedora 12 on my scrap computer, and it runs beautiful.[/color] Edited by Botar

[quote name='chibi-master' date='16 June 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1276695999' post='695391']

[/quote]

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2nlwiro.jpg[/img]

[strike]also it takes like 2 seconds to scroll past. im sorry your finger can't handle it[/strike]

[quote name='Allamorph' date='16 June 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1276714210' post='695409'][font="Calibri"]

Also I miss Dead Like Me. It's really too bad that Sci-Fi shows so much crap lately that all their good shows fizzle pathetically into obscurity.
[/font][/quote]

Did you watch Battlestar Galatica?? Caprica was slow to begin but it picked the **** up, as my friend put it. And if your answer to the first question is no, watch it immediately Edited by eleanor

[quote name='eleanor' date='16 June 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1276737881' post='695432']
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2nlwiro.jpg[/img]

[strike]also it takes like 2 seconds to scroll past. im sorry your finger can't handle it[/strike]

Did you watch Battlestar Galatica?? Caprica was slow to begin but it picked the **** up, as my friend put it. And if your answer to the first question is no, watch it immediately
[/quote]
[color="#008000"]Thankyou Eleanor, I totally dig the Big Labousky pic, It made my day. [/color] Edited by Botar

[quote name='eleanor']Did you watch Battlestar Galatica?? Caprica was slow to begin but it picked the **** up, as my friend put it. And if your answer to the first question is no, watch it immediately.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]I'll tackle BSG 2.0 if you'll tackle Farscape.

I almost said Babylon 5 but that **** is pricey. And I don't know if it's readily available in libraries/rental stores.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Voluntary hyperventilation is actually a semi-decent way to allow yourself to hold your breath for just a little longer than you really can. Tricks your mind into thinking you have too much air.

You learn things like this when you live next door to the World Record holder for Living Human Crotch Stain.[/FONT]

[quote name='Magus' date='16 June 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1276723454' post='695420']
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]7 is actually quite lovely. I'm using it right now on my new custom-built desktop PC. I recommend it.[/font]

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='17 June 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1276756526' post='695452']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]7 is actually quite lovely. I'm using it right now on my new custom-built desktop PC. I recommend it.[/font]
[/quote]
[color="#008000"]It Is quite beautiful I would say my self[/color]

[quote name='Botar' date='15 June 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1276634830' post='695350']
Well I have saviors of kamigawa, betrayers of kamigawa, Time spiral, Dessentions, Cold Snap, Ravnica, Guildpact, shadowmoor, Lorwyn, Dark Steel, 5th Dawn.
Then I got 2, 750 randomly assorted card boxes from my local card shop, plus multiple fat packs of rise of eldrazi, worldwake and zendikar. Then a ton of booster packs, how about you?
[/quote]
[color="#000080"][size="2"]
[font="Garamond"]I started collecting around IVth edition or so. I have pretty much all the packs that included the new Myr creature types, but I have almost the complete collection of Ice Age and 7th edition, including all the holo-foils that they put in them.

Good thing about having the cards that I do is that I've made some pretty nifty low cost mono-theme decks. I figure, "can't block everything that I throw at you." :P[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='17 June 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1276746457' post='695445']
Algebra exam on Friday! *hyperventilates*
[/quote]

I'm in the middle of exams too! (of course, it's the only time I come back here.)

I had a 3rd year anatomy exam today... thought I had two hours... half an hour into it there was the "You have ten minutes remaining" annoucement. I nearly had a heart attack! Forty minutes! No wonder the exam looked kind of easy... who gets a 40min long exam in 3rd year uni? I raced through the rest and only missed a couple of questions, but gees I'm annoyed. Apparently no one was informed, but it was written on the exam at least.

Good luck with your algebra chibimaster...

[quote name='Korey' date='17 June 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1276768567' post='695456']
[font="Garamond"]I started collecting around IVth edition or so. I have pretty much all the packs that included the new Myr creature types, but I have almost the complete collection of Ice Age and 7th edition, including all the holo-foils that they put in them.

Good thing about having the cards that I do is that I've made some pretty nifty low cost mono-theme decks. I figure, "can't block everything that I throw at you." :P[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

unless they have a low cost deck and get lucky... thats normally my plan. I like multi colors too much... but if you do get the right stuff they can be quite good.

[quote name='Korey' date='17 June 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1276768567' post='695456']

[/quote]
[color="#008000"]Well not to spoil you're parade, but I have a white deck based around creatures that can block any or multiple creatures, also I've modified the nuts and bolts deck so I can mill a deck in one turn. It takes a artifact with converted mana cost one ore less, grinding station, and salvaging station, My goblin deck can potentially deal 20 or more damage in one turn, and I feel like such a nerd. [/color]

[quote name='Botar' date='17 June 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1276787935' post='695469']
[color="#008000"]Well not to spoil you're parade, but I have a white deck based around creatures that can block any or multiple creatures, also I've modified the nuts and bolts deck so I can mill a deck in one turn. It takes a artifact with converted mana cost one ore less, grinding station, and salvaging station, My goblin deck can potentially deal 20 or more damage in one turn, and I feel like such a nerd. [/color]
[/quote]

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]Luckily enough for me, I have a mostly Soldier/Rebel deck and most of the cards allow me to search for more Rebels and soldiers to add to my hand. I can make my entire deck work for less than Five mana. However, if I ran into someone who had a few block white damage enchantments or all-land destruction decks, I'd be pretty screwed.

What did you think of the "banding" ability? It's certainly saved my butt a few times ;D[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Korey' date='17 June 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1276795700' post='695475']
[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]Luckily enough for me, I have a mostly Soldier/Rebel deck and most of the cards allow me to search for more Rebels and soldiers to add to my hand. I can make my entire deck work for less than Five mana. However, if I ran into someone who had a few block white damage enchantments or all-land destruction decks, I'd be pretty screwed.

What did you think of the "banding" ability? It's certainly saved my butt a few times ;D[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
[color="#008000"]Well to be totally honest, I didn't use banding, I used Moduler and haunt mechanics, and bloodthirst and persist.[/color]

[quote]7 is actually quite lovely. I'm using it right now on my new custom-built desktop PC. I recommend it.[/quote]
Yeah, I more than likely will be getting 7. Just gotta get the money for a computer now.

All this talk about CCG's.. Man, takes me back.

[quote name='Allamorph' date='17 June 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1276748895' post='695447']
[FONT=Calibri]You learn things like this when you live next door to the World Record holder for Living Human Crotch Stain.[/FONT]
[/quote]

This sentence confuses me... :blink:

I am now Microsoft Word 2003 certified, ladies and gentlemen!