OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]I have decided, though I think this was a given, that hormones are of the devil. Yes it's exciting to be looking forward to having a baby... but at the same time I positively [i]HATE[/i] mood swings.

At least I'm looking forward to Christmas tomorrow. [/font][/color]

[quote name='Horendithas' timestamp='1293242106' post='703250']
[color="#4b0082"][font="Arial"]I have decided, though I think this was a given, that hormones are of the devil. Yes it's exciting to be looking forward to having a baby... but at the same time I positively [i]HATE[/i] mood swings.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]
I've never been pregnant myself, as I'm 20 and Male. But I can recall well enough my mother's pregnancies, thinking something along those same lines...

And now it CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!!! The holiday itself holds little meaning to me in the way of family, but I'm definitely stoked because its a chance to hang out with friends i don't normally get to see often. And tomorrow it looks like I'm going to go see [u]Due Date[/u], so I'm definitely double stoked. I'll probably even spend a good portion of my day wasting hours of time I'll never get back playing MineCraft!

Yay for holidays that mean no work or school!!! Yay!!![/color][/font]

My christmas will be delayed a bit but I was told that I got an Xbox 360 coming in the mail. (It really haven't felt like christmas nor that time to be honest) Anyway, I've convinced myself (somewhat) that the 1st 3 games I'll be getting is Mass Effect 1 & 2 (2 will be ordered online) and I'm still not entirely sure what I want the 2nd game to be. It's between Devil May Cry 4, Assassin's Creed (though I'm not sure if I want this one or not), Halo 3, and Gears of War 1 or 2. All of those are $10 or less at Gamestop.

[quote name='AvalonAngel' timestamp='1293224506' post='703239']
[font="Tahoma"]I miss the old old days where shows like Macross and Gundam had some really BAD original dubs. Kids these days are spoiled.[/font]
[/quote]

You have to admit, though, that the terrible dub is the only real reason to watch and enjoy [b]Garzey's Wing[/b] because it is unspeakably awful. If I watched it in Japanese, I'd probably stab myself halfway through.

[quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1293299795' post='703278']
You have to admit, though, that the terrible dub is the only real reason to watch and enjoy [b]Garzey's Wing[/b] because it is unspeakably awful. If I watched it in Japanese, I'd probably stab myself halfway through.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I dunno, that random-ass technicolor goose kidnapping a guy's soul might have held my attention long enough to stave off thoughts of suicide.[/font] Edited by The Professor

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I woke up horrified this morning because I thought I had wished someone a happy birthday instead of a Merry Christmas.

The sad thing is that I am indeed dumb enough to mix stuff up like that.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY![/font][/color]

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1293299923' post='703279']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I dunno, that random-ass technicolor goose kidnapping a guy's soul might have held my attention long enough to stave off thoughts of suicide.[/font]
[/quote]

The first episode of [b]Garzey's Wing[/b] is the one with all the random ass hilarity in it. The other two episodes are just completely awful and without any merit whatsoever; it's only the English dub that keeps them afloat. Trust me on this. (Plus, the soul snatching literally happens within the first minute of the first episode. What you see in the beginning of the video is shot-for-shot the first scene of the OVA.)

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Y'all are posers. >8([/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1293300595' post='703281']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY![/font][/color]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Especially you. Flag Day's where it's at and you know it.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1293319321' post='703290']
I'm making myself sick with so much food...

On the plus side, I FINALLY HAS AN ALLAMORPH PLUSHIE~!!!
[attachment=14982:045.JPG]
[attachment=14983:047.JPG]

The last pic is just to give y'all nightmares.
[/quote]

The last picture reminds me of my kitty cat Luna. Its kind of spooky. Edited by Cat

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Speaking of New Year's, what are you guys planning? Anything special?

I don't normally plan much. Last year I was at Sydney Harbour for NYE so I could watch the fireworks (never doing that again, by the way...we had to arrive at the spot by 11am to get a place for midnight! Ouch!)

This year I'm going with a group of people to Etihad Stadium here in Melbourne. We got tickets to an Armin Van Buuren show, which is apparently a 9 hour set. I'm not really that familiar with his stuff, but it should still be fun and hopefully not [i]too[/i] crowded. [/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1293369026' post='703308']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Speaking of New Year's, what are you guys planning? Anything special?[/font]
[/quote]

I go to visit a certain branch of family members. my aunt, uncle, and cousins have had me over almost every year since i was seven.
however they are currently living in Yreka... almost on the border of California and Oregon... and it is so freaking cold right now! Us southern Californians are fragile.

Also Armin Van Buuren is a world renowned DJ with a fistful of pretty good albums. I actually just got a discount on the new one Mirage not too long ago. Its good if you are into that sorta thing (i just use it for background or sleeping music though. d=

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1293431324' post='703326']
O_O I can sympathize...

I have about 6 different books that I'm trying to read right now... I want to finish them all, but there's so many!
[/quote]

And I can sympathize with you. My mom is making me read [i]The Book of Three[/i] and [i]The Black Cauldron[/i] in only a few days so we can watch the Disney film before I go back to school. I'm on Christmas break and I'm still getting reading assignments. Silly, mother; I don't read!

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1293488293' post='703349']
And it's actually a very pleasant day outside here... for Michigan.
[/quote]
What part of Michigan? Here in Detroit, it's pretty cold but then again we had a minor breeze earlier this morning and I haven't been out since then so I don't know what it's like outside right now. Edited by Magus