OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

I agree, The Like button really shows how little people care about the articles message. Anyways if people can't ignore advertisements in this day and age you probably can't go outside.
This is just another way to make a few more dollars off aadds from companies, but If you really aren't feeling secure because of a couple adds randomly poping up in your wall you gotta ease up a little. It's not like this new form of advertisment is going to be any more effective than the mind control they try to apply with every other form of advertisement they use.

now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to Starbucks and by fifty dollars worth of coffee... my facebook friends are raving about it!

It's not just the advertising in and of itself that bothers me (though that is annoying) -- it's that there's no way to disable it, and the advertising companies can use my status updates without my permission. It's one thing if you want to shove internet advertising in my face -- don't make [I]me[/I] an advertiser, kthnx.

At least TheOtaku has better privacy settings! OB too since their sign up helps prevent bots joining and you can't see some things unless you log in. I don't really use Facebook all that much except look at pictures and keep up with friends. Wouldn't Flickr and DeviantART be better for pictures etc anyhow? What of twitter?

Dude, I've been going on all paranoid like with this Facebook jargon for about 2 years. Everyone told me to shut up.

Now look. You all see the light. Ever wondered why the newest business venture includes using Facebook pages and Twitter? There's a hidden agenda. I should know - I administered the Social Networking campaign for a dodgy SEO marketing site. Their specifics were too specific. [I]Too[/i] specific.

*scratches tinfoil hat*

PS: Oh, yeah, I use Facebook. But I like to mess with the marketing minds. I say "I like Cravandel Cheese" when I ACTUALLY like Country Life butter. MINDFACK. Edited by Vicky

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1297092320' post='704755']
I agree, The Like button really shows how little people care about the articles message. Anyways if people can't ignore advertisements in this day and age you probably can't go outside.
This is just another way to make a few more dollars off aadds from companies, but If you really aren't feeling secure because of a couple adds randomly poping up in your wall you gotta ease up a little. It's not like this new form of advertisment is going to be any more effective than the mind control they try to apply with every other form of advertisement they use.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]That is true, but this topic does remind me how glad I am that OtakuBoards is ad-free. There are very few corners of the Internet now that can actually say that.

I don't mind ads, so long as they aren't pop-ups (or those crawlers that get in your way when you're reading...or the ones that start blaring music without being prompted, haha). "Passive" ads are fine though.[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1297124293' post='704769']
[font=palatino linotype]

I don't mind ads, so long as they aren't pop-ups (or those crawlers that get in your way when you're reading...or the ones that start blaring music without being prompted, haha). "Passive" ads are fine though.[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]Or those terrible banner ones that talk when you mouse over them and you do it without realizing and suddenly you are being SCREAMED AT AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS COMING FROM. Has on more than one occasion scared the goddamn bejeezus out of me.[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1297123180' post='704767']
[font="Calibri"]If the regular posters in here are Lounge Lizards, would [color="DarkRed"]CaNz[/color] have e-reptile dysfunction?[/font]
[/quote]
I can get my reptile up just fine Mr. 1503 posts in the lounge.
Someone might have a .....[b]Gecko[/b]ner! [i][sub]check with a zoologist if it lasts more than four hours.
[/sub][/i]

I have been sleeping for 3 days straight or something. Why am I so tired?!

Also, some guy in gym class yesterday smashed his elbow into my face, so I have a gorgeous black eye and crooked glasses. Of course, he has a patch of hair missing and a scratch along the side of his face because I accidentally grabbed his head as I fell. I feel genuinely bad about that.

I have about 5 books that I'm trying to read right now, and I have so many more that I want to read in the future! I love reading and all, but I want to take these one at a time!

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1297189919' post='704789']
The blink gave it away for me... stupid paying attention!
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I didn't even see the blinking before I saw the image move. And I can never pay attention to anything. It's amazing that I am passing school.[/font][/size][/color]

[FONT="Times New Roman"]Well I hit a wall of trepidation early this morning trying to work on the novel, while at the same time I was trading drinking tabs with my exgirfriend over skype. We also discussed which mundane object we'd use during the zombie apocalypse; I won that arguement with using my guitars while she had the television remote. After watching each other drink for a bit. I ended up writing a [spoiler]smut piece[/spoiler] for her, she said the whole plot was good but it lacked cadance. Now that I'm sobered up this afternoon, I'm actually revising the piece to make it flow a bit better.

(Is that a bad thing?)

On the other hand, writing that piece helped push my main project forward a bit more which was quite suprising.[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1297220801' post='704806']
[FONT=Calibri]Should I make a FB for this name?

Also am I so much of an ass that no one would care if I did? I tend to run that danger all the time, so might as well factor it into the decision-making process.[/FONT]
[/quote]

DOOOO EEEEEET.

And don't worry, you're only part of the ass.

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Well, I almost got into a wreck today because it started snowing during school today and we weren't let out early. When we did get out there was an inch of snow on the ground and it was very slick. And my truck is not made for winter weather. So I was driving home at 10 mph. When I got to my driveway, my truck started to skid and I almost hit the cement block that is like a wall thing besides my driveway. But I barely missed it. I was barely able to back up (luckily no one was behind me) and I was BARELY able to get into my driveway (it's a slight hill). But you can see the skid marks and my mom is going to freak when she sees the marks. -_- And I was already in a bad mood before the almost!wreck. And now I am in an even worse mood. I hate snow among other things.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by Lyndy