Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I was making myself a toast beef, mayo and Italian dressing sandwich when I remembered, I've yet to make a thread! So I decided, what better way to start off my time on the boards by posting a thread about sandwiches?

I myself don't have them very often. When I do it's usually with tuna on two slices of nice light brown toast, or bacon, mayo and lettuce on toast. Sometimes I'll go out to subway in my local Wal*Mart and I'll get a sub with my mom. I always get a roast beef sub with just mayo, Italian, a litte lettace... and bacon. It adds a little more flavor. That, and I love picking it out and eating it. Bacon just seems to make sandwiches awesome.

So, what kind of sandwiches do you like to eat?[/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]You know I don't believe we've had a favourite sandwich thread before. Hmm funny that.

Personally I'm a sucker for toasted club-sandwiches which I eat out for lunch, chicken, bacon (yes bacon makes any sandwich even more awesome), lettuce, onion, pepper with marie-rose sauce between two slices of toasted white bread. Sure it's probably one of the least healthy sandwiches in the world but damn if it doesn't simply taste divine. I suppose I'm fortunate in that I'd never actually go to the trouble of making one at home then. ^_^;

Normally though it's just chicken, pepper, onion and a dash of mayo on white bread with a cup of tea to wash it down. Simple and quite delicious.[/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]Ham with tomato ketchup and mayo.

OR

Cheese and onion crisps with tomato ketchup and mayo.

OR

Jam.

Hellz yeah![/size]
Posted
[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]Cheese and onion crisps with tomato ketchup and mayo[/SIZE][/quote]

Yes! <3 But, without mayo. (Hate the stuff.)

Other than that, I'm partial to smoked cheese, pastrami and mustard sandwiches, cheese and onion sandwiches (More onion, less cheese) and, of course, good old peanut butter sandwiches.
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Black Forest roast beef, provolone or extra sharp cheddar [best thing the English ever invented], thin layer of butter or margarine depending on what's available, and crusty french bread or farmer's loaf. I'm not terribly picky there. I pick roast beef because pastrami doesn't keep very long in my fridge and beef tends to last better in general. No condiments, it's amazing how much healthier your food can get. I sometimes add fresh lettuce if there is any but I prefer to eat a salad to get my greens.

Also it has to be deli sliced. Those odious things that come out of packages can go choke a nerd.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]

I like sweet sandwiches the best.

Peanut butter and marshmallow, banana and jam, apricot and honey, or any other combination of fruits and/or sugary substances.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Sweet a sandwich thread!

Peppered Pastrami sliced nice and thin, two nice slices of provolone (my favorite cheese), along with two slices of a ripe tomatoe and regular ol' lettuce (which totally makes my bitchin' sammy). Finally, all this shall be blanketed between two buttered peices of Italian bread with honey mustard gently lathered on.

Love this sammy.
Posted
Peppered turkey slices, pepper jack cheese, a bit of mayo, lettuce, thinly sliced red onions... all together on either toasted rye or wheat bread. It's good with mustard too. Or switching out the turkey for other stuff like roast beef.
Posted
ahhh a sandwich thread; one of the neater ideas somebody has had of late...

I tend to eat a lot of these, especially anything you can slap together quickly. Anymore i'm more partial to BLTs or something with veggies, so nothing wierd there.

However I used to experiment with my peanut butter sandwiches when I was young, my particular favorites were: Peanut butter and Sugar, Peanut butter and Cinnamon, and the best of the rest Peanut butter and Honey, I never ate a lot of PB&J unless it was the stuff that was already mixed together...goober I think it's called.
Posted
well this is an interesting, random thread... congratulations on making my eyes widen in disbelief.

i personally just like the good old traditional peanut butter sandwich... I pity those who are allergic. They just don't know what they're missing out on :)
Posted
[size=1]Every morning includes a sammich. For me that's with either meaty stuff I find in the fridge, cheese, or sweet stuff like chocolate spread or chocolate sprinkles. When there's like cabbage and cucumber, I'll throw that on the cheese sammich.

This reminds me: [quote][u]If a sandwich company would come up to you and ask you for the rights to make the "Ultimate Crispin Freeman Sammich", what ingredients would that sandwich contain?[/u]

[b]Crispin Freeman:[/b] That's hilarious! There's actually a deli in my old college town, Williamstown MA, where they have sandwiches with the names of different celebrities for the different sandwiches... Priceless that you'd ask that question...

And it's a toughie for me! I'd have to say, I'm a sucker for a good Pastrami or Corned Beef sandwich. Pastrami on Rye with mustard and maybe provolone... that sounds really good, but I'm also a fan of tuna melts with cheese and lettuce and tomato. Maybe half a sandwich of each type? Sort of a surf and turf of sandwiches?

I'd be torn between the two! But i'd probaby usually fall on the Pastrami side of things! With pickles on the side![/quote][/size]
Posted
[size=1]You know what's lovely? Toast with cream cheese, basil and tomato. (Feta's good, too, but the cream cheese helps stick things together.)[/size]
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]Wheat bread, turkey, cheese, mayo, mustard, and a bit of ground black peppercorn. Occasionally lightly buttered and grilled, because I am awesome.

--Chris[/color][/size]
Posted
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Today's a good day! I woke up this morning and watched Scrubs, and then my mom comes in with a roast beef sub. I only ate half of it, but the rest is in the fridge waiting for me to eat it. I can hear it calling me. And this one came with hot pepper's, and believe me, it's delicious.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Tuna salad on wheat; with lettuce, green peppers, pickles and mustard with a dash of pepper sprinkled on for taste. I never get tired of that kind of sandwich. So tasty. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][B]Lettuce[/B], [B]avocado[/B] (the more the better), [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munster_(cheese)"][B]münster[/B][/URL] - or some other delicious cheese, [B]turkey[/B] and/or[B] ham[/B], [B]organic mayonnaise[/B], since I can't stand the junk food wannabees of mayonnaise, and all the other scrumptious tidbits I find lying about.

Tomato sandwiches made with fresh tomatoes right out of the garden are mighty fine as well.

Honestly, though, I think I'd be in Earth-heaven with any tasty sandwich. I love [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] food. =3[/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]I have so many sandwiches that I like. But one of my favorites is grilled chicken on toasted rye bread. With lettuce, tomato, red onions and a bit of mayo. I never get tired of it. :catgirl:[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I like turkey on dill rye bread; with lettuce, tomato, green pepper and avocado slices with a bit of mayo. Though I also like grilled chicken, roast beef, ham and a number of other tasty sliced meat in the same type of deal. [/COLOR][/FONT]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Luckily I like to make sandwiches since I work where I do it constantly.

But otherwise my favorite sandwich would have to be pepperoni and peppered turkey with provolone and pepper jack cheese slightly toasted enough to give a thin crispy flake to the bread and melt the cheese, plenty of lettuce, almost no tomato, carrots, banana peppers, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and usually spicy mustard. Sometimes I use honey mustard or both. A little dab or mayo to liven it up and that's that.[/SIZE]
Posted
I'm a sucker for the classic peanut butter and jelly; there's such a wide variety of jellies and jams that it rarely gets boring and peanut butter is heavenly.
Also, for those more in the mood for a sweet treat, peanut butter and chocolate chip is good too. I still succumb to its ways every now and then.

Yet another sandwich that was pretty good was one I "experimented" with the other day. I took some cheddar, salami, and grilled onions, put 'em in between two pieces of wheat (although I would've preferred potato bread personally) and grilled it on the stove. It was pretty good - a nice late night snack - although the cheese was runny as hell after a bit due to the onions.

Finally, I am a sucker for meatball subs of any kind. The best I ever had was at a local place that made great use of ciabatta bread.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]It has been awhile since I have had a sammich but my favorite is toast with eggs and bacon/ham. A little mayo and we're in business![/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]I can't believe so few people have mentioned the good ol' peanut butter and jelly! That's my personal favorite. :3

I'm really a sucker for the classics: PBnJ and bologna and cheese with mustard. I'm not really adventurous with my sandwiches. When I go to Subway though, I get the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki toasted with some lettuce. Good stuff![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
My favorite sandwich consists of roast beef, ham, tomato, lettuce, with Munster or provolone cheese. Put this on a buttered and grilled baguette and you have a simple yet extremely delicious masterpiece.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...