Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
LOL I enjoyed the futering discussion. That's the kind of etymological talk you can only get on the OtakuBoards Podcast!

[quote name='chibi-master' date='19 November 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1290204444' post='701961']
SHINMARU. First of all, happy birthday and WHOA you have a deep, intimidating voice! :blink:
[/quote]

I'm going to scare everyone away from the podcast oh noooooooooo
Posted
[quote name='Boo' date='19 November 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1290205394' post='701964']
Oh yeah:



Also, another shout out to James for the lovely mic. I was so awestruck that I hardly was able to say more than a few "ha"s and "yeah"s mostly. Luckily I'm just there for the European accent comic relief.

Oh yeah and I want AvalonAngel Korey to have Wigglytuff as his avatar, like this:
[IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1135/wigglyav.png[/IMG]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"]Ask and ye shall.[/font]
Posted (edited)
"James is gonna send me anthrax". I was almost done there. That's funny.

"Futer" killed me. I'm still crackin up as I type this in tears. I couldn't make it past Boo answering that question.

:) Edited by Phenom
Posted (edited)
lolz I didn't realize those questions were gonna be answered by Korey and Boo. I'll keep that in mind next time. :sweatdrop: Lovin' the new avatars, btw.
Of course, the female does all the work and the men take all the credit. So typical! *shot*
Oh, and the futer. [i]The futer![/i] I am totally naming a Pokemon that sometime.

Technical commentaries:
- Korey sounds great now; thanks James!
- Shin my man, I liked the review but it felt you were either talking too fast or too low (which if so, it's hard to help, I know). Just some helpful advice for next time. :)

Random comment: I think if I tried to participate something to the podcast, like a special segment, the only thing I could do is "Today in The World!" [Get it? It's a .hack thing... yeah.] EDIT: Come to think of it, that kind of segment wouldn't last long anyway. :V

Questions:
- I'm sure it was mentioned on the boards and I'm just being lazy, but why is Korey in Germany anyway?
- What anime/game/other nerdity are you guys looking forward to these days? What's exciting you? Edited by Miss Anonymous
Posted
How dare you criticize me! I'm going to run away and never be happy again!

Nah, I wasn't totally happy with it; recording stuff is pretty damn hard. I must have messed up with opening lines at least 20 times. It took me forever just to record that 3:00 bit, haha. I thought I sounded too wooden; part of that was inexperience, and part of that was frustration at starting over a million times lol. Ah well. It's tough when you're on your own.
Posted
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I have to say, that was pretty entertaining. The whole "futer" bit made me smile. And Korey does a scarily accurate Jar-Jar Binks impression.

In any case, I might try to submit something soonish, if I remember. Keep up the good work, y'all.
[/color][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Anomaly' date='19 November 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1290209328' post='701968']
[font="Garamond"]dear Chibi I love love LOVE your voice holy crap haha.[/font]
[/quote]
D'aaawww, thank you! X3

[quote name='Kei' date='19 November 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1290228326' post='701979']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]And Korey does a scarily accurate Jar-Jar Binks impression.
[/color][/font]
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. :blink:
Posted
[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='20 November 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1290217903' post='701973']
[font="Tahoma"]Ask and ye shall.[/font]
[/quote]
<3

[quote name='Miss Anonymous' date='20 November 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1290225081' post='701975']
Random comment: I think if I tried to participate something to the podcast, like a special segment, the only thing I could do is "Today in The World!" [Get it? It's a .hack thing... yeah.] EDIT: Come to think of it, that kind of segment wouldn't last long anyway. :V
[/quote]
So let's do it!

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='20 November 2010 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1290228150' post='701977']
Ah well. It's tough when you're on your own.
[/quote]
That's right, but I thought you sounded ace. Also, you'll just have to be with somebody else next time you do something like that. :^D Want to do such a thing more offen? You can change your theme too, whenever you want. So, make your choice as to who you want to work with! I heard Kei still wants to submit something, and have you ever been to Europe? 8D

[quote name='Kei' date='20 November 2010 - 05:45 AM' timestamp='1290228326' post='701979']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]In any case, I might try to submit something soonish, if I remember. Keep up the good work, y'all.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Would it help if I sent you a PM about it every day of the week? :D
[quote name='chibi-master' date='20 November 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1290236442' post='701981']
My thoughts exactly. :blink:
[/quote]
Mine too. There's actually a 5 minute silence afterwards of me being in awe. I cut it out though.
Posted
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Great podcast, guys. Shin, you did really well - it was good to inject more review and news type stuff into this one. And Chibi, as always, your segment was a lot of fun and very well produced. I'm really proud of you guys.

Overall, really impressed. :) It's only the second podcast and already the quality has really improved. Great job to everyone involved!

And now, a drink for Gunter and Futer...

[img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7706/gunterfuter.jpg[/img]

[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Futer' date='25 November 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1290710417' post='702183']
Zis is so verdammt cool! Zis podcast about me und my Bruder?
[/quote]
ohmygosh yes.
Posted (edited)
[font="Tahoma"]Hey there, guys! Another episode of the podcast here for you. This time we go multi-cultural and a few suprise guests come into the show. We also have singing, dancing and even discuss some topics along the way.[/font]

[url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/2010/11/26/ob-podcast-003-un-podcast/"]Otakuboards Podcast Ep.3: The UN Podcast[/url]

[font="Tahoma"]If you like our podcast, [u][color="#0000FF"][url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/feed/"]suscribe to us in iTunes[/url][/color][/u]. That way you automatically get the latest podcast without having to check the thread. Also, follow us on [url="http://twitter.com/OBPodcast"][u][color="#0000FF"]twitter[/color][/u][/url] to get the latest updates from the show. We'll tweet when we're looking for guests, questions and whatever else we cook up!
[/font]
[font="Tahoma"]If you want to be involved in future episodes of the podcast or you'd like to make a suggestion, feel free to either respond to the thread or PM Boo or myself. User feedback is what keeps the podcast rolling, so let us know how we're doing and what we can improve on![/font] Edited by AvalonAngel
Posted
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Great podcast, guys. I think this is the only podcast series where everything from snow, crappy gaming levels, Dutch rhyming, member impersonations and internet memes come together. o_O

The music you used during the Q&A session reminded me of Dr. Phil. And Boo's tears just added to the atmosphere. You guys are so versatile!

(Oh, and the blooper idea was awesome...it's a little touch that works really, really well. Awesome stuff!!)[/font]
Posted
Hahaha, the Gavin part KILLED me. That was great. Then I felt guilty after being name-dropped. I'm sorry, OtakuBoards Podcast! ;-;

I want to watch chibi's anime. Get on it so that I can review it for the podcast!
Posted
Oh yeah, do give feedback still. Like if you think the second and third podcasts were too long. They're like 40 mins while the first is 30 mins.

If you're wondering what the "Check this video out!" part was about:

[youtube]NcUeQg0EPbM[/youtube]
Posted
40 minutes is still a solid length, I think, especially since you and Korey are able to fill the time so well. I think once podcasts start getting past an hour, that's when they're pushing it.
Posted
[quote name='Shinmaru' date='27 November 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1290844700' post='702208']I want to watch chibi's anime. Get on it so that I can review it for the podcast!
[/quote]
;-;
GODDAMMIT BOO STOP THROWING ME UNDER A BUS

[quote name='The Professor' date='27 November 2010 - 04:02 AM' timestamp='1290848536' post='702209']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Chibi, you sound kind of like Megami33, anyone ever tell you that?[/font]
[/quote]
No one has, but thank you!
Posted
Did you guys realize that when you listen to the podcast through earphones, that boo comes only in one ear and korey only comes in the other?
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Japan' date='27 November 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1290893550' post='702224']
Did you guys realize that when you listen to the podcast through earphones, that boo comes only in one ear and korey only comes in the other?
[/quote]

Yeah the recorder records in separate channels like that. I thought it was pretty funny.

[indent][b]The files are currently inaccessible, but we're working on it.

TIL THE END OF THE MONTH, LISTEN AT SOUNDCLOUD.COM!

[url="http://soundcloud.com/otakuboards/ob-podcast-001"]Episode #001![/url]
[url="http://soundcloud.com/otakuboards/ob-podcast-002-looking-into-the-futer"]Episode #002: Looking into the Futer![/url]
[url="http://soundcloud.com/otakuboards/ob-podcast-003-the-un-podcast"]Episode #003: The UN Podcast![/url]
[/b][/indent]
You can use the little downward arrow in the player to download the audio file to listen to the podcast at your leisure! Whoopee! Edited by Boo
Posted
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/huh.jpg[/IMG]
i really don't know much about podcasts, and when i looked for a solution to the problem I only found more losers like myself who don't know how podcasts work.
what am I doing wrong?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...