OtakuBoards

New OB Structure

Petie

Hello and welcome back! You're now looking at the new structure for OB. Since activity has kind of slowed, we didn't think it really made sense to spread our content as thin as it was before. So, related forums were merged and a tagging system was implemented.

There are default tags to represent the different forums that used to exist and they should all be select-able right away. If you think we're missing a tag somewhere though, please let me know and I'll get it added right away.

The original plan was to merge Theatre into Creative Works but I thought about it and wasn't sure if that would be a good idea. What do you think?

Also, I'll be re-working stuck threads and individual rules into one simple thread, eventually to be pinned in this forum so please ignore the chaos created by the merge.

Finally, there was no way to automate the tagging of individual threads from White Noise. If there any voluenteers, I'll figure out how to let you tag things and you can have at it when you're bored ^_^

Of course, ask any questions you may have here but in the mean time, I hope you all enjoy the newer, streamlined OtakuBoards!

The organization will take some time getting used to but I really do like the related thread/tag feature. Now if only the status updates weren't so awkwardly placed...it just seems off to have it cut off without scrolling down.

Edited by Japan

The organization will take some time getting used to but I really do like the related thread/tag feature. Now if only the status updates weren't so awkwardly placed...it just seems off to have it cut off without scrolling down.

Agreed. 

Finally, there was no way to automate the tagging of individual threads from White Noise. If there any voluenteers, I'll figure out how to let you tag things and you can have at it when you're bored ^_^

I'd be willing to go thread-tagging in there in any down time I have.

I would like to know what compelled you to name it Noosphere, though. I think it looks rather bizarre. Sort of like a noose. Very morbid. If it's a twist of 'new', why not Nu-sphere?

Edited by Allamorph

Also, the shift to the new structure may have altered the way the Edit Signature page functions. Now, instead of having the same post-box options I do in the rest of the board, I have no switch to turn the BBCode Mode on and off, and instead see only straight HTML coding.

Thank goodness I can make up stuff very quickly based on what I'm seeing, so I managed to make the change mostly painlessly, but I imagine it's going to be very confusing for anyone else trying to alter their own.

I'd be willing to go thread-tagging in there in any down time I have.

I would like to know what compelled you to name it Noosphere, though. I think it looks rather bizarre. Sort of like a noose. Very morbid. If it's a twist of 'new', why not Nu-sphere?

Thanks, that's definitely appreciated. I'll get you set up to do so soon.

As for the name, it was actually Gavin's idea. I didn't know much about it originally but it's definitely not a twist of new. See this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

Also, the shift to the new structure may have altered the way the Edit Signature page functions. Now, instead of having the same post-box options I do in the rest of the board, I have no switch to turn the BBCode Mode on and off, and instead see only straight HTML coding.

Thank goodness I can make up stuff very quickly based on what I'm seeing, so I managed to make the change mostly painlessly, but I imagine it's going to be very confusing for anyone else trying to alter their own.

I've confirmed this as an issue but I have no idea what caused it. The change in structure should not have affected the signature editor. I'll get it fixed though - thanks for the report.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I didn't have the Baisik skin selected - now that I've changed back to it, the new structure looks even better!  Well done Petie and co.

My only gripe - very minor - is the sketchy OtakuBoards logo at the top.  I think I may still have the original layered file lying around somewhere, so I can give you a shinier/fresher copy that looks sharp, if you're keen.

The whole site feels a lot tidier now, great stuff.

For some reason I didn't have the Baisik skin selected - now that I've changed back to it, the new structure looks even better!  Well done Petie and co.

My only gripe - very minor - is the sketchy OtakuBoards logo at the top.  I think I may still have the original layered file lying around somewhere, so I can give you a shinier/fresher copy that looks sharp, if you're keen.

The whole site feels a lot tidier now, great stuff.

If you still have those files lying around, I'd love to grab a copy of them - a smoother logo would definitely be a plus!