Petie Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Hello and welcome back! You're now looking at the new structure for OB. Since activity has kind of slowed, we didn't think it really made sense to spread our content as thin as it was before. So, related forums were merged and a tagging system was implemented. There are default tags to represent the different forums that used to exist and they should all be select-able right away. If you think we're missing a tag somewhere though, please let me know and I'll get it added right away. The original plan was to merge Theatre into Creative Works but I thought about it and wasn't sure if that would be a good idea. What do you think? Also, I'll be re-working stuck threads and individual rules into one simple thread, eventually to be pinned in this forum so please ignore the chaos created by the merge. Finally, there was no way to automate the tagging of individual threads from White Noise. If there any voluenteers, I'll figure out how to let you tag things and you can have at it when you're bored ^_^ Of course, ask any questions you may have here but in the mean time, I hope you all enjoy the newer, streamlined OtakuBoards!
Allamorph Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 [FONT=Calibri]Suddenly OB fists on my tablet screen.[/FONT]
Korey Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Sleak. Stylin. Good work Petie. I'll let you know if I run across any issues.
Shwa Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Interesting layout, not too shabby. Have to see how it'll go with the next couple of weeks but this looks like good work all around. ~Shwa
The Spectacular Professor Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Seems alright, although the status updates make the sidebar hang down way below the forum list now, which looks a little odd.
Allamorph Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Maybe we could shift some of that underneath the forums? Like maybe the Recent Topics block, and shift the birthdays to under the statuses?
Petie Posted January 29, 2013 Author Posted January 29, 2013 I looked into doing that but haven't found a simple (i.e. not re-writing the skin templates) way yet. It's definitely on my list though.
Japan Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 (edited) The organization will take some time getting used to but I really do like the related thread/tag feature. Now if only the status updates weren't so awkwardly placed...it just seems off to have it cut off without scrolling down. Edited January 30, 2013 by Japan
Boo Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Suddenly OB fists on my tablet screen. Ew. Allamorph and Lady Asphyxia 2
Magus Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 The organization will take some time getting used to but I really do like the related thread/tag feature. Now if only the status updates weren't so awkwardly placed...it just seems off to have it cut off without scrolling down. Agreed.
Allamorph Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Ew. . . . OH NO That's really funny. Lady Asphyxia 1
Lyndy Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 For a while I thought I wasn't loading. o.o; Haha, I was thinking the same thing. :< I refreshed the page so many times. . . . OH NO That's really funny. It's Boo. What on Earth do you expect.
Allamorph Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 (edited) Finally, there was no way to automate the tagging of individual threads from White Noise. If there any voluenteers, I'll figure out how to let you tag things and you can have at it when you're bored ^_^ I'd be willing to go thread-tagging in there in any down time I have. I would like to know what compelled you to name it Noosphere, though. I think it looks rather bizarre. Sort of like a noose. Very morbid. If it's a twist of 'new', why not Nu-sphere? Edited February 3, 2013 by Allamorph
Allamorph Posted February 3, 2013 Posted February 3, 2013 Also, the shift to the new structure may have altered the way the Edit Signature page functions. Now, instead of having the same post-box options I do in the rest of the board, I have no switch to turn the BBCode Mode on and off, and instead see only straight HTML coding.Thank goodness I can make up stuff very quickly based on what I'm seeing, so I managed to make the change mostly painlessly, but I imagine it's going to be very confusing for anyone else trying to alter their own.
Petie Posted February 4, 2013 Author Posted February 4, 2013 I'd be willing to go thread-tagging in there in any down time I have. I would like to know what compelled you to name it Noosphere, though. I think it looks rather bizarre. Sort of like a noose. Very morbid. If it's a twist of 'new', why not Nu-sphere? Thanks, that's definitely appreciated. I'll get you set up to do so soon. As for the name, it was actually Gavin's idea. I didn't know much about it originally but it's definitely not a twist of new. See this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere Also, the shift to the new structure may have altered the way the Edit Signature page functions. Now, instead of having the same post-box options I do in the rest of the board, I have no switch to turn the BBCode Mode on and off, and instead see only straight HTML coding. Thank goodness I can make up stuff very quickly based on what I'm seeing, so I managed to make the change mostly painlessly, but I imagine it's going to be very confusing for anyone else trying to alter their own. I've confirmed this as an issue but I have no idea what caused it. The change in structure should not have affected the signature editor. I'll get it fixed though - thanks for the report.
James Posted February 17, 2013 Posted February 17, 2013 For some reason I didn't have the Baisik skin selected - now that I've changed back to it, the new structure looks even better! Well done Petie and co. My only gripe - very minor - is the sketchy OtakuBoards logo at the top. I think I may still have the original layered file lying around somewhere, so I can give you a shinier/fresher copy that looks sharp, if you're keen. The whole site feels a lot tidier now, great stuff.
Boo Posted February 20, 2013 Posted February 20, 2013 He didn't alter my quote, hon. =P I'm really proud of my find.
Petie Posted February 20, 2013 Author Posted February 20, 2013 For some reason I didn't have the Baisik skin selected - now that I've changed back to it, the new structure looks even better! Well done Petie and co. My only gripe - very minor - is the sketchy OtakuBoards logo at the top. I think I may still have the original layered file lying around somewhere, so I can give you a shinier/fresher copy that looks sharp, if you're keen. The whole site feels a lot tidier now, great stuff. If you still have those files lying around, I'd love to grab a copy of them - a smoother logo would definitely be a plus! showmemark 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now