OtakuBoards

Quarantine

Petie

Hey everyone! I know things here aren't anything like they used to be but I just want to wish any of you who still pop in to visit from time to time the best during these times. I hope you're all doing well, staying safe, and getting through COVID-19's visit to the Earth as best as you can.

I've finally gone from being anxious all of the time to only being anxious when I imagine venturing back into the world once quarantines are lifted, so that's something. I'm in Cali and they've started opening parks and beaches again and there is not a lot of social distancing going on, which definitely makes me feel incredibly confident, haha.

Glad to see y'all are doing well (and also lurking!)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 11:22 AM, Petie said:

Hey everyone! I know things here aren't anything like they used to be but I just want to wish any of you who still pop in to visit from time to time the best during these times. I hope you're all doing well, staying safe, and getting through COVID-19's visit to the Earth as best as you can.

You too mate. I must admit, this COVID-19 situation kinda has me hankerin' to create an old-fashioned OB RPG...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 4:38 AM, James said:

Well who would join me if I did?! Hm...?

I feel like it’d be a lonely RPG...

I'm sure you could coax a few old faces into it you big charmer. ?

Glad to hear people are doing OK, I try to lurk every couple of weeks when I remember to. Lockdown is mostly done here but there's fears of another wave of infections if people drop measures too quickly, I never did see that many people wearing masks or properly distancing when I had to do shopping. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:47 PM, Gavin said:

....there's fears of another wave of infections if people drop measures too quickly, I never did see that many people wearing masks or properly distancing when I had to do shopping.

Good to know the good old U S of A is still leading by example.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:40 AM, Allamorph said:

Good to know the good old U S of A is still leading by example.

Apparently a lot of American tourists have flown in recently and basically flouted quarantine so that's been fun. Ironically the same types of people who never bothered to practice properly themselves are the most up in arms about it.

• 3 weeks later...

My two week isolation/quarantine started today. With everyone with their panties in a bunch...and I suppose rightfully so, my doctor wants me to take extra precautions before I am technically due with this baby in two weeks. It feels so very weird that I am not going to be a working adult for twelve weeks and perhaps when I finish soaking FMLA for all it's worth, become a stay at home mom. I mean, it would be crazy to work in healthcare with a newborn in the house...especially with someone with such a weak immune system. Anyway, it has been only one day. How on earth did most folks do this since March!?!

Being extra careful with a baby on the way right now makes complete sense. I definitely get why it feels weird though. Hoping everything goes without incident!

I do think it’s smart to avoid working in healthcare right now regardless if it can be helped but especially with a newborn. Given a little time, if it’s something you really want, you can always look into it down the road. Nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom either though, if you can make it work!

Also, can I just say how crazy it feels to be taking about babies and careers and things here? None of this was even in the radar when I first joined here and I’m sure that’s the same for many of those still here to see this post.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:20 AM, Allamorph said:

Yeah, I saw that. 

This past year has been quite revealing about the reality of who we are.

Yeah, I'm never going to call zombie movies unrealistic again. If anything they show humans as too competent.

14 hours ago, Japan said:

My two week isolation/quarantine started today. With everyone with their panties in a bunch...and I suppose rightfully so, my doctor wants me to take extra precautions before I am technically due with this baby in two weeks. It feels so very weird that I am not going to be a working adult for twelve weeks and perhaps when I finish soaking FMLA for all it's worth, become a stay at home mom. I mean, it would be crazy to work in healthcare with a newborn in the house...especially with someone with such a weak immune system. Anyway, it has been only one day. How on earth did most folks do this since March!?!

Oh congrats Japan. Man reading that makes me feel old all of a sudden. 

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

Yeah, I'm never going to call zombie movies unrealistic again. If anything they show humans as too competent.

Oh congrats Japan. Man reading that makes me feel old all of a sudden. 

You're telling me!!! I feel very old

On 7/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, Gavin said:

I'm sure you could coax a few old faces into it you big charmer. ?

The big question is, what should it be about? I haven't written any kind of fiction in years. If I could get the gang back together (or most of them), I'd like to have a crack at either a new Maverick Hunters RPG or even just continuing the last one. It'd be super weird (but also kinda cool) to just resume something we stopped a decade ago. ?

17 hours ago, James said:

The big question is, what should it be about? I haven't written any kind of fiction in years. If I could get the gang back together (or most of them), I'd like to have a crack at either a new Maverick Hunters RPG or even just continuing the last one. It'd be super weird (but also kinda cool) to just resume something we stopped a decade ago. ?

Yesssss more rpgs just to get this place active again! 

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't remember my password for the past month and didn't feel like creating a new name.

Anyway, I've been managing. CoVid hit my job really hard. I still have a job but don't know how/if it's secure or not. I'd probably say the reason why we're in the position we're in is 40% CoVid and the remaining 60% goes to having incompetent management.

Most of my time since CoVid has been spent playing games though. Had to broaden my category of games due to my nephew being heavily into Super Mario Bros. I usually don't play Nintendo, but the little guy is bored and I felt sorry for him since his parents are full of ####. 

Congrats on the baby, Japan

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...