OtakuBoards

Serch for the Aniar Stones (~*Play*~)

Mist

[color=darkblue][size=1]
Hmm. . .this should be interesting. . .
---------------------------------

They were warped into a tunnel of a man's past memory. The experience was nausiating, making Auron sick. Watching these memories was awful, his head was spinning, while he cried over the deaths of his parents. Mara watched him as she watched the memories. She spat remarks toward him.

He tried to defeat her, his mind struggled, trying to escape this dimension. He clutched the back of his head, concentrating on getting into her head. He had failed, and was sentenced to remaining in this past, this hell.

He weapt. The tears were trickling down his face, creating a puddle and a new ripple for each one that fell. He watched as his parents were killed, seperately, at different times in his life. He watched as he escaped into the forest, living in poverty for much of his life. The pain he felt was immense.

He screamed in pain. It was, in his and her mind, pathetic. What a pitiful being. He did not deserve to live. He didn't deserve to die, either. The only thing that would suit him would be continuous torture, physically and mentally.

This man was dead, yet he was alive. He could see, yet he was blind. Blind to the feelings of other people. Selfishly blinded, caring only about himself.

The ripples were like his mind seeping out from his mind. His emotions ran wild. She had ruined what was left of this pitiful man. . .he wasn't a man. . .she had only ruined what was left of an animal, if he even deserved that title.

He screamed. He raised his head toward the sky, and collapsed, back in the stone room that had begun in. She left him there, in his own pool of tears and blood. She left him. . .
[/color][/size]

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=crimson][size=1] Mara stared at Auron, peering out through long, black lashes. She held much sympathy before the broken...[i]creature[/i] before her. But she would not weaken and let it shpw.

"Auron," she said, her voice tinted with strong authority, "you are broken. Do you admit defeat?"

Auron looked up, his tear-stains marking their paths down his ruddy cheeks. His empty eyes hollowly slid out of focus in thought, and then he suddenly lunged and grabbed Mara's wrist. He flung her roughly against the wall, and grabbed his sword, pushing it's point into the time mage's neck.

"You have just reminded me, " he said slowly, deliberately, " why I want this world to be eliminated. It is people like you that sicken me; the so-called heroes. There are no heroes. There are only those who prevail, and then there are those that do not."

Mara squirmed under the tip of the sword, a slow trickle of blood flowing steadily down her neck.

"You do not know anything about the world," she spat angrily, her teeth gritted and eyes blazing in solid defiance, " The world isn't some game. You're right; there is no such thing as heroes. There are only those who try to do right."

Auron laughed and pushed the tip deeper.

"Shut-up, time mage. Enjoy life while you can, for you do not have much more of it to live." he countered, cackling with apparent insanity.

---------------------------

There, Aries, thath should even the odds...[/color][/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]"Hold it!"

Auron glanced back, his eyes still fixed on Mara.

"Don't even think about it." Elsyan exclaimed, her bow taking aim.

Auron chuckled, his maniacic grin growing wider as the others drew their swords.

"Fools..." Auron said simply, still grinning. "One shot, your little friend Mara goes to hell, understand?"

Elsyan lowered her bow, as the others lowered their weapons as well.

"Mara!! Hold on!" Relee called, also squirming at the blood trickling down Mara's throat.

"Auron, don't do it!!" Kain said, firmly holding his sword. "You can't..."

Relee held her fists. Her head rose, as she stood in a trance-like stance, her eyes closed, her head facing the sky, slowly being lifted to the sky.

No one noticed...

Relee went into deep concentration, as she focused on her friend.

[i]Mara... use your magic... You have a chance to escape...[/i][/color] [/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]
Auron noticed Relee using telepathy. This didn't make him brake his concentration, however. Elsyan raised her bow. "I can get him in one shot," she thought. She drew an arrow, taking aim. She shot, Auron dodging, and the bullet grazing Mara's side.

He drew his sword, deflecting an arrow. He ran toward Kain, engaging in combat once more. It had come down to this. Suddenly, Auron remembered why he had come here, for the King's stones. He thrusted Kain back, escaping swiftly to the King's quarters.

"There haven't been any guards lately. Something is happening," he thought.
[/color][/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]"Mara!" Relee exclaimed, running towards her friend. "are you okay??"

Kain swiftly got up off the ground, as Elsyan and Miko rushed to help him.

Relee pulled out a vile, as she poured one drop on each of Mara's wounds. Relee squirmed each time she saw a drop of blood come from her neck.

after she finished with Mara, she walked over to Kain, and treated a small cut on his leg. Suprisingly, Miko, Elsyan, Ryan and Tyron had managed to keep themselves from injury...

Relee bit her lip as Mara began to get up.

"it's okay, He's gone." Tyron conforted, smiling.

"what??" Mara asked in shock. "But.. why?? There has to be a reason..."

"She's right, Auron had to have had a good reason to leave." Ryan added, putting his sword away.

"We couldn't have scared him off. He could have killed Mara right then,..." Relee said, looking up.

"It's not safe to stay here." Kain stated, glancing around at the area. "Auron might still be here"

"What about guards? We're right by Malius' ca-"

"That's right! We're right by his castle!! There could be... wait a second... why haven't we seen any guards yet, if we're so close to his castle??" Elsyan said hypotheticly, inturrupting Relee.

"There's something strange about this whole thing... It's going to be dark soon." Miko implied, looking up at the coral sky.

"Should we set camp? or should we move on to Malius' castle?" Elsyan asked, crossing her arms.

"And what are we going to do about your horse?" Relee added, raising an eyebrow.
-----------

Why did Relee have to Revive Auron?? - -
^_^ at least it was [i]very[/i] entertaining to see you two fight! ^_-[/color] [/size]

[color=red]"I'll go look at the castle." tyron said while he was allready walking.

"You dont expect me to let you go allone wont you?" Aerow allready walked behind him.

[I]Before anyone else could say a word, they were allready away.[/I]

_______
Sorry for shortness, but i dont have much time. Can someone post that Aerow gets killed by some reson? Please?[/color]

[color=green]Elsyan-Kain's right. That must be why Auron ran off at such speed and haste.

Mara-Well then we'd better get there before Auron causes more damage and more lost lives.

Relee-Or even worse: Before he gets the other stones!

*Quickly the group hopped onto their horses (while several of them had to share), and they quickly rushed off towards the castle. There was no way they were going to let Auron get the stones to reek more havoc and destruction.*[/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]ooc: please mind the spelling errors, the keyboard I'm on right now...is... not...so... easy to type on. @_@
I'll edit it when I get home
--------------

The horses galloped towards the castle, weaving through the trees swiftly, dodging every branch that came across. The horses leaped over a small river galliantly. The horses trotted with haste, knowing the dangers which could be lurking in the bushes surrounding them.

"How much longer until we reach the castle?" Relee asked, holding onto her horse tightly.

"Just a little more. We should reach there soon." Mara replied back, at a higher tone.

"It's strange." Miko implied.

"What?" Relee asked, ttying to tie her hair up into a bun.

"We still haven't encountered anyof malius's men." He said, a serious expression almost painted on his face. "Something's not right."

Kain and Elsyan looked back, both with a suprised face.

"Do they know?" Elsyan thought, looking away from the group. "There's no way..."

"Maybe Auron wiped them out." Kain suggested, smiling.

"All of them?? You can't be serious!" Elsyan exclaimed, clenching her hands in a fist.

"You're right, he couldn't have wiped them all out by hand." Mara agreed, looking back at Elsyan, who was sharing her horse.

"She has a point. There's been absolutely no sign of the king's guards. We should of seen at least two by now." Relee agreed.

The horses slowed down as the group all looked at each other in bewilderment at each other's statements.[/color] [/size]

[color=green]Kain-This castle should be filled with guards. There's [i]always[/i] guards here.

Elsyan-I've got a bad feeling about this now.

[i]They continued on in such a silence that seemed to be so unnerving that all of their senses were alert.[/i]

Miko-Look! There's two guards standing against the wall over there.

Relee-That means that Auron hasn't gotten here yet!

[i]The horses then picked up the pace once more and ran towards the two guards. However when the group was able to get closer, they could see that the guards weren't standing against the wall; each one was pinned to it by an arrow which they recongnized to be Auron's.[/i]

Relee-Oh no! He has come this way.

[i]The horses slowed down to their previous pace as they again continued on cautiously.[/i][/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1]
Auron had entered the dark corridor leading to the king's throne room. He crept along the walls like a shark through the coral, with great caution. His bow ready, he would stike at any moment. He reached the door.

The door was enchanting. A mix of valuable metals and gems, crafted with great hands. He thrust it open, drawing an arrow. Inside was darkened, the only light being the moon. There were no guards, but one man sitting in the throne. He was a tall man, with black hair and a smug face.

"Malius."

"Auron? I expected as much," replied Malius.

"Where are the guards?" Auron asked, thinking little of the king.

"I. . .rid them from this world." he replied.

"There's no way a man like you could kill those hundreds of men!" Auron spat.

"You're a fool," Malius said, standing up. He threw out his hand, Auron flying back into the wall.

The stones glimmered in the moonlight, sitting in the middle of the room.
[/color][/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Just then, Mara's stone began to glow! Her wrist slowly rose, as her wrist slowly moved towards the bushes.

Mara closed her eyes, as the stone directed her and her horse, with elsyan behind) into a guild of trees and bushes. The others carefully followed, Elsyan drawing out her bow and arrow.

[i]just in case...[/i]

"What's happening? Is it the stone?" Relee asked in bewilderment.

"I think it's sensing other stones... there must be more stones in malius's castle!" Miko exclaimed, also suprised at his remark.

"I'm not sure... are you sure it's safe?" Relee asked, as miko moved forward into the bushes after them.

Elsyan watched, as the horse slowly headed toward a cobblestone wall, with vines of ivy blanketing it. the stone glowed, as it let out a small crimson light. The ivy cleared, as if it were cutains being opened. It revealed a large hole in the wall.

Suddenly, Mara began to murmur something...

Elsyan leaned closer, and put her ear close to mara's cheek.

[i]corridor to the left, chambers of dungeons await, furthermore bring nothing other than your bravery, weapons and armor are worthless from here on... end of a tunnel... a hidden heart of a dragon awaits......[/i]

Elsyan looked oddly at mara, as she collapsed off her horse.
She jumped down after her. Elsyan helped her up, as miko ran to help as well. Relee ran to mara's wrist, to see the stone dim...
The red glow had stopped.

She walked over to the horse, which seemed perfectly fine. The horse neighed a little, and nodded its head once at the wall.

Relee looked back to where the horse was looking. Her eyes grew wide as she saw a clearing... into the walls of the kings castle?

"Miko, Elsyan! Look!" Relee exclaimed, pointing at the clearing of ivy.

"Relee, wait! It could be a trap!" Elsyan called, bursting into gestures.

"See? the stone stopped glowing! There's something wrong..." Miko added, pointing at mara's bracelet.

Just then, there was a sudden sound coming from behind...

[i]footsteps?[/i]

The three looked at each other, all biting their lips.

"uuh... I'll go with door number one." Miko said, pointing at the hole.

"He's right, we have to go in the castle. It's just as dangerous out here as it is there elsyan." Relee said, following miko.

Elsyan sighed, and looked back down at mara.

"Fine. But what do we do with her?" She asked, looking up at them.

"I'll carry her. She doesn't look [i]too[/i] heavy..." Miko joked, picking her off the ground.[/color] [/size]

Kain trailed behind the group looking around suspiciously.

Elsyan: You alright?

Kain: I'm fine....

Kain was actually worried about how strong Malius is.Now that he has the stones.Kain had been in the castle before but was beaten badly.He bearly made it.It happened two years ago near the town where he first met Auron...

[color=green]ooc: Don't let this RPG die now! :(

D_A, I don't know why you want to die, but if you really want to, we can let you die during the next fight with Auron or somethin'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Everyone walked through the hole moving silently, hoping that there was no immense danger that awaited them.[/i]

Miko-I wonder why Mara just passed out like that?

Elsyan-I don't know, but she said some funny stuff.

Relee-Like what?

Elsyan-I don't think this is [i]exactly[/i] what she said, but she said something about a corridor to the left, dungeons and chambers, bring nothing other than your bravery, weapons and armor aren't of any use, and something about a dragon.

[i]Everyone remained silent as they walked on through the tunnel, with Kain in the back looking all around him uncertainly.[/i]

Relee-Look! There's a light up ahead!

[i]Sure enough there was a faint light just ahead of them. Instead of running towards it, they went on even more warily than before since they didn't know what awaited them there.[/i][/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]The group continued up the corridor, Kain holding a torch in his left hand.
The dim, melancholy glow lit only but a few feet, so Relee and Miko were left half-blind in the tunnel. They just followed the glow, trying their best not to trip on the stairs, or step on any mice... that is.. if there were any...

Relee picked up part of her dress, frustrated at how loud the beads were... She prayed she didn't drop any beads or viles along the way. Even a single hint would lead Auron or Malius to them, without rest or hesitation. Auron also knew the taste of the potion, and could feel the energy when one was opened. The magic ran through his veins now. Another potion opened, a small shock lets him know they were near.
Just then, they heard footsteps from behind. Relee ran up closer to the group, and tugged on Miko's shirt.
"What's that noise?" Relee asked, cautiously trying to keep her voice down.

"Mice." He replied simply, grinning a bit.

"Then the mice must be pretty large to be making footsteps like that." Relee shot quickly, glaring at him.

"I'm sure it's nothing, just c'mon, there's nothing in here but us." He assured, shrugging.

Relee looked back, and glanced around.
As she turned back, a hand shot back from behind, and pulled her down the stairs. Swiftly, yet silently.

"See Relee, nothing to worry abo-" He paused. "Relee?"

Relee tugged on the.. 'thing's' hand, and tried to pull it off her mouth. How she wanted to scream... She kicked her legs, trying to get free of the thing's grasp. Just then, another hand from behind hit her on her neck, as Relee fell into a sudden sleep...

She opened her eyes in confusion, rubbing her eyes to see what was happening. Then she noticed something heavy on her wrists...

[i]Chains??[/i]

She rose from the gold bed, and looked down at her ankles...

[i]Same thing...[/i]

She was chained to something... but what?? She began fondling her fingers around the bed. Perhaps there was a pin there somewhere... The keyhole for the chains seemed large enough..

She continued digging her hands through the covers. She bent over the side of the bed, and tried to touch the carpet. But the chains stopped her. She rose from the edge, and looked to see a golden map in front of her... The same map she had carried a long time ago...

All of a sudden, A man walked in, heavily armored.

He threw her a key, and smirked.

"Go ahead, free yourself. But might I warn you, if you walk past these doors, I have a pet that's pretty hungry..."

Relee glared at the man, and threw the key back at him.

"Why did you bring me here? What did you do with the others?" Relee asked abruptly.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Now, you have to do me a favor. I know you are Anai's goddaughter. You, my dear can use this map to give me the exact locations of the anair stones. Once you do that, I will let you go, and no harm will come to you, or your friends."

"How can I trust you? And There's no way this map can tell you where they are!" Relee objected, throwing the map at him also.

He picked it up, and placed it in front of her.

"With Anai's magic, yes, you can. You can help me find the locations, and I will obtain the stones, and kill malius meanwhile."

"And what will you do with them?"

"That my dear, I cannot tell you." He replied, bowing. "All I can say is, if you don't, I will have to kill you, or one of yourfriends, understand? I'll give you one night to think it over, and I'm sure you won't be stupid enough to refuse."

"What makes you so sure? I would give my life for them. I don't need one day to think it over. My answer is no."[/color] [/size]

[color=green][i]Meanwhile....[/i]

Miko-Wait! Everyone stop! Relee's vanished!!

[i]Everyone turned around towards Miko and said in unison "WHAT?!?!"[/i]

Kain-Wha'dya mean "Relee's vanished"!? She was beside you a second ago!

Miko-Yeah, but she's not here anymore. I was talking to her, I turned around, and she's not there anymore!

Tyron-Do you think Auron got her?

Elsyan-No, if Auron were here he would've attacked all of us and take us by surprise. I think we can say that Auron isn't behind this. It might be King Malius, but I'm not sure.

Kain-We gotta find her! We'll just retrace our steps. She probably wondered off into a side corridor that we didn't see.

Elsyan-You're probably right, Kain.

[i]Everyone then started knocking on the bricks of the walls and floor, hoping to find a hidden entrance that Relee might've fallen through. However after what seemed to be hours upon hours of searching every brick and stone, they found nothing. No corridors, no secret passages, no hidden or trap doors, nothing. Everyone was exausted and they slumped down to the floor.[/i]

Miko-we must've searched every brick two times over and still not a clue.

Elsyan-She has got to be somewhere. We'll just check again!

Aerow-Do as you like, Elsyan, but I'm not moving until we get some rest.

Elsyan-Alright then. [i]*Elsyan stood up resolutely*[/i] I'm going to take another look, and I'll be back shortly.

[i]Elsyan walks off knocking on the walls again until she's so far that her knocking can no longer be heard.[/i][/color]

tyron: there's no way that she just eccedentelly fell through a secret door.

Elsyan: I must try.

Tyron: Come on. lets get back and think of a plan.

[I]Tyron walked away from the side of Elsyan and walked in the groups direction. There he saw Aerow walking towards him.[/I]

Aerow: there's no stoping huh?

Tyron: Im afraid not.

Aerow: Then we'll just have to try and convince.. HUH?!

Tyron: What the?!

[I]An Arrow came out of nowhere and the next second, it hitted the wall right next to Elsyan.[/I]

Elsyan: What?!

[I]Aerow ran at Elsyan. While the archer was still reloading, he got the chance to help Elsyan. On that moment, another arrow was shot at her. Aerow jumped and right before the arrow hitted Elsyan, Aerow was infront of her and took the arrow in his chest. On that they heared footsteps running away. Tyron runned in the direction they saw the arrow come from, but when he got there, the archer was nowhere to be found.[/I]

Tyron: Grrrr.....

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkblue][size=1]
[i]Back in the King's Chamber room[/i]

"You're a fool Auron. Even without the power of the stones, I could kill you in an instant," Malius said.

Auron didn't speak. He stood up and started walking toward malius. He drew his blade. "Idiot!" Malius remarked.

He used the force to push Auron back into the wall again. Auron was an empty soul, he didn't even know why he was here anymore.

[i]In the corridors[/i]

"There's no way she just fell through the wall. We need to find her!" Kain exclaimed. He started running down the corridor, the others following. Mara started to awake.
[/color][/size]

I'm back everyone.Sorry for not postin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kain hands Miko the torch he has.

Kain: I'm going to go find Relee.Come with me if you like.

Kain walks off towards Elsyan's direction.He catches up with her and finds her tapping more brinks.

Kain: I'll help.

Elsyan: Where do you think she went?

Kain: I have no clue.

Kain leans against the wall and is pushed into another corridor.

Elsyan: Kain?Kain??Where are you Kain??

Kain: What the....

Kain is face to face with a large three headed beast.Behind it he can see a dimly lit room.

Kain: I wonder....Relee!!!

????: Seems like one of your friends has found us.He won't make it past Cerberus.

[color=green]Elsyan-Kain? Guys, come over here! Kain's disappeared now!

[i]Everyone came hurrying over. It was then that Mara opened her eyes.[/i]

Mara-ughhhh....W-where are we? Where's Relee? And Kain?

Miko-We're in the tunnel, Mara. We don't know where they are though. First Relee disappeared, then Kain!

Mara-We have to find them!

Elsyan-We've been searching for hours. Kain was right here two seconds ago, but he's gone. I'm sure he was leaning right against this wall.

Tyron-*knocks on the wall Elsyan indicated to them* Sounds solid to me.

Miko-Who cares if it's solid? Let's try moving it or something!

[i]They tried moving the door to the side, lifting it, pulling it, but it didn't budge until they all gave a mighty push. They all fell inwards into the chamber with Kain and the monster.[/i]

Elsyan-Kain! You're alri---

[i]They then noticed the huge looming creature behind him.[/i]

Miko-What the heck is that thing?!

Mara-Where's Relee?[/color]

[color=darkblue][b]
While the others were in conflict with the Cerebrus, Auron had problems of his own.

Malius was unstoppable. Auron kept coming and coming, but Malius just kept toying with him.

Malius was the symbol of madness and Auron was the symbol of hopelessness. He had been defeated. The almighty Auron was brought to his knees without a sweat from his opponent.

Auron sat there, panting, blood trickling down his body from various locations. A tear rolled down his cheek. "All is lost."

[i]In the corridor with the Cerebrus[/i]

"That thing is huge!" exclaimed Miko, staring at the three-headed hound. "We can never beat it."

"There's always hope," Elsyan noted, drawing her bow. "We all need to attack at once. We are very dependant on Ryan and Miko for their dark magic. As well as Mara for her Aniar stone."

Kain drew his sword, the group formed into aggressive stances. Kain rushed forward towards the beast, being knocked back as Ryan cast a spell wounding the beast's chest. Kain regained his composure and went back into battle. All the while Elsyan was firing countless Arrows and Mara was about to activate the stone on her bracelet.

The Cerebrus noticed this and attacked her, Miko jumping in the way, sacrificing his body, allowing just enough time for Mara to thrust the stone forward and singe one of the hound's heads.
[/color][/b]

COOC: Why am I never around when these damn things start back up? Pisses me off...
------------------------------
[b]Ryan-[/b] "Miko!" The Cerebrus tossed his tattered body aside like a used ragdoll. I cast a quick spell to slow his decent and he floated to the ground like a feather. The stump where one of the creatures three heads were bled horribly. It pooled on the ground as one of the head licked it. Mara stepped foward again and stopped when the thing growled at her. She glanced at Miko and back at the thing. It had stopped licking it's wound, seeing it was hopeless, and glared directly at Mara, or more apropriately, the stone. I looked Mara and pointed at the creatures chest. I had already wounded it. If I could hurt it a bit more, on it's chest, I could stun it and Mara could use her stone to blast a hole in it.

[b]Mara-[/b] "Be careful." She mouthed. and I ran at the thing. It swung at me with one paw, which I promptly blasted off. Cerebrus howled with pain and snapped at me with one head. My left arm was caught by one of its teeth and ripped to shreds. White pain exploded in my mind and in my vision. I dropped to one knee and fell over. I opened my eyes, showing they had gone slightly black, and saw the other head coming towards me. I swung my staff and a large blast of black-rimmed fire, shaped like a fist, hit the creature on the side of the head. The head I hit collided with the other and stunned it. I shot a gigantic black fireball at the creatures chest, burning and charring it's rough skin off. A pleasent smell filled the air. It reminded me of cookouts at my childhood home. I nodded at Mara and fell to the floor. My head was reeling from my tattered arm.

[color=darkblue][b]
Mara swiftly raised her hand and a blast of beautiful fire shot a hole right through the beast's chest. The Cerebrus yelped with agony, Kain rushing forward to finish it off with his sword. The heads fell limp and its body fell to the ground. They had won.

Without any time to recover, they rushed off through the corridor, Tyron carrying Miko. They came to two great doors, 30 feet in height at least. They stood in awe at the craftsmanship. Try as they might, the doors wouldn't budge. Ryan held his arm, the others not knowing he had been wounded.

The pain was awful, but he insisted they back away. His staff glowed with a green light. A bolt shot out at the door, and it started to open slowly. It didn't open far, however, only wide enough for one person to squeeze through at a time.

Kain took the liberty of going in first. He entered the room and saw golden light everywhere. He looked in the corner and saw a bed, with Relee attatched and with something over her mouth.

He took a step forward and Relee tried to warn him to go back but it was too late. From behind the door a dark and shadowy figure hit Kain on the head. Elsyan and Mara burst through, trying to fend him off, but he was too powerful.

He took care of them individually, not killing them. Relee managed to get the bonds off of her mouth. "I thought you said you would kill us all."

"Hah, you are a fool. This was only a trap to keep you from getting to the King's Chambers and stopping him from killing Auron."

He walked over to Mara and took her stone, as well as the other one that the group had obtained.

Miko was still outside, they had hidden him in the corner before coming in. He awoke slowly, wondering where he was. He peered into the room to see the group tied up and a large man . . . or whatever it was talking to Relee with a deep and dark voice.

He mustered what little strength he had left and shot a bolt of black lightning at him. The blast barely hit him, but it had knocked him unconscious. He rushed to Relee and freed her from her chains. They proceeded to free the others.
[/color][/b]