-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
Album premiere of Silversun Pickups' new album [url="http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2012/05/02/silversun-pickups-neck-of-the-woods/"][i][b]Neck of the Woods[/b][/i][/url]! Whoooooo! [center][img]http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Silversun-Pickups-Neck-of-the-Woods.jpg[/img][/center] [center][img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw5r4oHbRH1r0a19v.gif[/img][/center]
-
[center][size=4][font=georgia,serif][blockquote][/font][/size][/center] [center][size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]beyond mending.[/b][/font][/size][/center] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]What I spent years on building, someone waltzed over in no time at all. One moment I had everything under control, the next moment it turns out it was all an illusion. Crow's explosives and sudden disappearance would have left enough of a mess to clean up even without this constant feeling of someone standing right behind me laughing over the efforts I make. I had to pull a lot of strings to land on the inspection team for the Aguamala without arousing too much of a suspicion. Some of them have only loosened, but a whole lot have probably snapped way beyond mending. From the moment I took notice of this spontaneous action my mind has been plagued with questions. There are many hows, but one question sticks out most.[/font][/size] [center][size=4][font=georgia,serif]Who?[/font][/size][/center] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]Names race through my head â?? each one as improbable as the next; plans of how to find out the truth are hunted down by a sense of failure creeping in my veins; doubt starts bleeding its way through my body, and my entire being is working overtime. What did I miss? How could this happen?[/font][/size] [center][size=4][font=georgia,serif]Who?[/font][/size][/center] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]My first stop after â??checking on the explosionâ?? is the Clymené, the wreckage of an airship used as some sort of a bar. The name fits the joint â?? being the name of the Greek titan of, amongst other things, infamy â?? and is an obvious stab at the Helios, Selene, and Eos centres the government set up as part of the Hyperion quarter. Where the large, impressive centres are respectively, a HOPE torture dungeon, a high security prison, and a â??reinstatement centre,â? the Clymené serves as the main hang out for most of the free outlaws in London. The majority of the crooks, both big- and small-time, are either smugglers or traffickers. Nobody here trusts each other, but itâ??s more of a family than most of these scumbags will ever have.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]It takes only one step inside the rusty ship for me to feel the tension. By now everybody has heard of the inspection on the Aguamala. Word travels fastExplosions apparently travel even faster. Nobody pays extra attention to me, apart from those who recognise me behind my disguise. Plague Pox is a nobody here, and I use his anonymity to check around the place.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]Some prominent faces are missing in the crowd today. Many have probably either also set off, like the Aguamala, or have gone into hiding for the time being. As relatively safe as the Clymené is, with its passwords and sensors, HOPE has eyes and ears everywhere. My contact is Ratette . Everybody calls her that, at least, though not to her face. The name we use when speaking with her is Ginger Cannon. Maybe itâ??s actually her unfortunate real name, nobody knows. She is, however, the first â?? and often last â?? person you need to go to for any kind of information about whatâ??s going on in and around the Fog. Her clothes have a sharp smell that fits her character. While she speaks, her yellow eyes keep taking up everything that happens, always in search of the latest news â?? new faces. She is one of the very few who recognised me straight away, but she doesnâ??t seem to care much either way. The ink around her collar bone neatly says â??Money Talksâ?, which for her turned out to be a very efficient motto to live by. The rest of her rules are said to be tattooed under the aforementioned phrase, but nobody dares to confirm that rumour.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]â??Iâ??m working on it, Pox.â?? Of course she knows why Iâ??m here. I nod something of a confirmation and she continues. â??All I have right now are some rumours.â??[/font][/size] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]â??Anything is helpful right now,â?? I answer, trying to sound less desperate than I feel. Suddenly her yellow eyes look straight into mine and I am reminded vividly of how she got her nickname.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=georgia,serif]â??Well, Pox.â?? She stops for effect, moving the tip of her tongue over her bottom canine teeth. â??You best sit tight and prepare for a shitstorm.â??[/font][/size] [center][font=georgia, serif][/blockquote][/font][/center]
-
Just wanted to give a heads-up that I am actually writing a piece, just so you don't start missing me too much. - I'm going a bit nuts with adding stuff to London, so when I go to far, just let me know, yo. - - I'll continue ASAP, but first there's a busy week for me! Laterrrr.
-
Shaving didn't have any effect on Jeff Goldblum's fly hairs. [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QF91OXBsPC0/TxOLQgH5yWI/AAAAAAAAAdM/eCyAJo78bLc/s1600/TheFlyCronenberg.jpg[/img]
-
[center][img]http://3nter.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/torchlight2.jpg[/img][/center] I had a lot of fun with Torchlight, but it was too repetitive to play on your own. IN COMES TORCHLIGHT II, AVAILABLE SUMMER 2012, WITH CO-OP/MULTI-PLAYER. For those who do not know the original game, Torchlight is a dungeon crawler RPG in the tradition of Diablo and Titan Quest, except it was more about Dungeon Crawling than the latter. It's also a more comic steam punk style game with pistols, melee and magic alike. It's $20,00 on release, and with a pre-order on steam you get a free copy of the original game to get the hang of it, when you don't already own it. So... Yeah. Seems like a fairly cheap and cool way for funs? Just too bad that it coincides with Guild Wars 2 mostly, which I have become afraid of to look up more videos from because it just looks too awesome to pass up on.
-
[img]http://www.fhm.nl/upload/image/website/funny/FunnyPics/Perfectpicture07.jpg[/img] I laughed. It looks like he has a female body. And that he sticks his arm somewhere, but that's secondary.
-
That's not an enemy. [b]THIS [/b]is an enemy: [img]http://www.upperplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/b32281308dladen5.jpg.jpg[/img]
-
[quote name='Desbreko' timestamp='1335555723' post='711621'] [color=#4B0082]Oh, that's right. I think I talked to her about it first, but you ended up getting it before her, or something like that.[/color] [/quote]Even I remember that. I was cheering for LaMoof to beat her to the FLARE. Get it? Not punch, but... flare?
-
[quote name='Anakoni Stark' timestamp='1335467399' post='711611'] [font=times new roman, times, serif]Protip: Avoid attempts to establish romantic relations with someone in your research group, when it turns out they are very close minded.[/font] [/quote]Because every person in every research group is exactly the same kind of person. Also, awww, poor you. :(
-
So. What is it with these worlds?
-
I demand videos as proof of both of you. First Spx's with "This is how it's done, kids!" and then Ken's as a cautionary video for an anti-smoking campaign.
-
[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1335107804' post='711536'] Took Boo's advice and the lady was really understanding about everything! I've successfully scheduled an interview! Thank you, Boo!!! [/quote]Awesome! Ultimate Hi5! [img]http://honden.blogo.nl/files/2010/07/high-five.jpg[/img]
-
[blockquote] Call them again later and make sure you don't get the answering machine. Be straight about having left a message on there as well. People appreciate honesty, a bit of self-mockery, and an assertive attitude. You'll have all three just by playing these cards well.[/blockquote]
-
My moderator [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/45317-blub/"]Resignation[/url]. Very interesting read. I will especially miss the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/45318-desbrekos-nude-picture-show/"]Desbreko Nude Picture Show[/url]. :/
-
[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1334193292' post='711435'] [font=Calibri]I am looking forward so much to playing as a Charr. [/font] [/quote]This.
-
An [i]anything[/i] of cheesecake is awesome in my book. These cars are first of all, two fantastic cars to work with. Secondly, the brush techniques are extremely cool together. The smudgey and the sharpey, combined with nice dark strokes of shadow, making the painting look both realistic, but giving it the edge of being a visual piece of art. It's not one of those paintings where you could say "well, you might as well have made a picture" because she made it more appealing than real life. Instead of weird American landscapes she should be painting old European villages. But I guess America needs your sister for that exact reason. I would like my world to have those kinds of colours and smudges and cars. Give my compliments and a big kiss to your second sister. Three. Three kisses. Like we Dutch people do.
-
As they were working on FPS material for ME before, I can imagine they'd do something like the Human-Turian conflict and/or the Rachni wars, but then in FPS style. Plus, I'm sure they'll make a game where at one point you come across Blasto the Hanar Spectre, being a stuck up movie star now. It would be way cool to be a Salarian or a Turrian for once though. Humans pissed me off. btw: not enough reference to EMERGENCY INDUCTION PORT.
-
[quote name='Anakoni Stark' timestamp='1334119698' post='711417'] [font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]I begin writting something (outside of acadamia) then I run into some sort of mental blockage and stop writting, then my brain keeps going but my body is just too slow to keep up with the demand, which causes me to stare at the monitor in conflict, and the cycle repeats itself.[/size][/size][/font] [font=times new roman, times, serif][size=2][size=3]Rather irritating, really...[/size][/size][/font] [/quote]Story of my life.
-
New maps are a lot more chaotic than the old ones would ever get. Sort of a good thing. Really seems more like a nearly hopeless Spec Ops operation. Haven't seen or obtained any Geth/Batarians/Justicar/Battlemaster yet.
-
[center][img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/14178/1112079-guild_wars_2_logo_new_super.png[/img][/center] So I just got an email telling me to pre-order Guild Wars 2 to get beta access and early access to the actual game. Who is doing this? I would have done this immediately two years ago, but lately I haven't been thinking about GW2 at all anymore, let alone the original game. I just happened to have started the game by accident today and I took the opportunity to see what annual presents I got this year. They don't give boxes anymore. :( But who's excited?!
-
[blockquote] [center][size=4][font=georgia,serif]colours.[/font][/size][/center] [left][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][size=6]I[/size] miss the colours.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][color=white]____[/color]Old Town is grey. The buildings are cement grey, the streets are dark grey, the sky is a smokey grey, the water is a muddy grey, even the food is more grey than anything else. Even black and white would have been a welcome sight. This grey is driving me insane. I would've taken to drinking a long time ago if I didn't have to stay on guard constantly. [/size][/font][/left] [left][color=white]____[/color][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]That's a lie. I would've taken to drinking if it hadn't been so hard to get my hands on a proper drink down here. Maybe the ship giant can get me something remotely amber. [/size][/font][/left] [left][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]The docking area is a shabby place, in a shabby quarter. The deeper you go into Old Town, the more people have to hide, and the less afraid they are of being found. HOPE Project isn't feared here as much as it is hated. My trench coat doesn't make much of an impact around here, my respirator more of a fine trophy than a symbol of order. Some know who I am. Enough to keep me mostly unharmed, but not enough to be at more risk than absolutely necessary. [/size][/font][/left] [left][color=white]____[/color][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]I am Officer Kitts, HOPE Project intelligence officer ambitiously climbing in rank, representative and protector of the Old Town and its Law, bearer of the scarlet and grey.[/size][/font][/left] [left][color=white]____[/color][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]I am Cyanide Kitts, smuggler, maverick, spy and informant, 2 year crew member of the Aguamala and in need of a bloody drink alright. [/size][/font][/left] [center][size=4][font=georgia, serif]angels.[/font][/size][/center] [left][size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=6]T[/size]he engine of the ship is like music to my ears. I can't wait to be done and get out of here. The landing lights go on, bathing the docking area in a lighter grey. Through thick foggy waves the hull of the Aguamala appears like some proper fat and metallic angel of death descending down on Earth. The poetry of it makes me smile while the ship docks and starts preparing for boarding. The captain wouldn't be coming out today, I'm sure, so I would have to go up to her cabin instead.[/font][/size][/left] [left][color=white]____[/color][size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif]Carson, the giant, and North jump out of the craft as soon as it opens up. North is sharply keeping guard as usual, though barely noticeable as he absently fumbles with some ship parts. I walk up to him, we both nod - greeting, understanding, agreement - and I go in to set out for the captain. [/font][/size][/left] [left][color=white]____[/color][size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif]'Hope,' Carson mumbles behind me as I go inside. [/font][/size][/left] [left][color=white]____[/color][size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif]'Hope,' I mumble back, long out of range.[/font][/size][/left] [/blockquote]
-
It's okay, Al. We won't blame you for overlooking a button. Especially because it says "Mark Community Read", lolzor2damax.
-
[center][size=5][b]WELCOME, BABAA, TO THE YEAR 2012. [/b][/size][/center] [left][BLOCKQUOTE][/left] [left][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]In the present, we have gone through a lot of changes in the past. Some good ones, some bad ones, but changes nonetheless. [/font][/left] [left][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Since you have last logged in, TheO went over to Version Vibrant, left MyOtaku for what it was and went on to focus on TheOtaku Worlds, OtakuBoards evolved a couple of versions as well, there was a network-wide downtime or two, and Commander Shepard saved the universe a couple of times. None of which cannot be overseen with some help by one of our AIs. [/font][/left] [left][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Let me introduce to you [member=Allamorph], our local helper, on the boards forever solely to help newcomers and lost older members like yourself. Until he acquaintances with you, feel free to ask any questions. I will leave you with a short description of Worlds:[/font][/left] [center][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Worlds[/b][/font][/center] [left][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Worlds are what could be called the replacement of MyOtaku. Instead of having a whole profile page, MySpace style, you are now able to create several "Worlds" which are basically a kind of blogs. You can make multiple Worlds, which means you can have them be about different topics. One of the main things that separates Worlds from ordinary blogs is the simplicity with how you add guest posters to your World. This way you can make Worlds with your friends, about topics of interest you share.[/font][/left] [left][/BLOCKQUOTE][/left]
-
Sup. I just came across this website called "You Love You Lose" ([url="http://youloveyoulose.com"]click[/url]) which is basically just a site that posts pictures of (not-) cute/hot/smoking/adorable/loveable girls who put their own pictures online for the world to see. There's like 141212Ã?infinite of these kinds of sites on the internet, this one still being Safe For Work. The less SFW ones especially, always got me wondering "how did their parents not tell them to not put pictures like that online for everyone?" Then I think next "But how would you do something about it?" or "Should you actually really do something about it?" "Until what age?" "What if they [i]do[/i] put stuff online?" Luckily I haven't got any children (underway) yet, but still. Talk all stuff related to raising children, and what morals and things to add to their person. What do you think is important to teach them? What would you like them to like? Will you take them with you to church and stuff, and raise them with your religion? Will you get them to play an instrument? WHAT INSTRUMENT? What are important life lessons you'll teach them (aside from glow-in-the-dark condoms)? Discuss.