Mitch
Members-
Posts
2771 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Mitch
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Sounds like something that maybe I'd be inspired to write from watching [i]A.I.[/i]. *wink wink* It's going good so far. The only thing I spotted were a few sentences that could use some work, and some basic grammar issues with possesives and things. But I'm not going to harp. Keep going. I shall read.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[size=1][b][u]Rain Storm But No Bird[/b][/u] it's raining a storm outside seems the rain bird came back to my side never thought i'd see again raining a storm outside i went out just awhile ago went out saw the cold and i was looking for my rain bird she never came i stood out there cold and alone then i came back in looking out my window it's still raining a storm outside seems my rain bird's left me alone left me soaking until the summer comes gone but it's raining a storm outside i see it right now from my window i've got to look i can hear the rain bird calling me like it used to wish i could catch its beak and be there she still hasn't come something's different to think i thought i knew to think i knew when the levee breaks she still hasn't come i'm tapping my window-sill here thinking where and what she's doing but now i've got to go away i've got to get away from this window i've got to shut off the lights got to just listen to the lone sound of pat-pat that's when it's calling me rain bird that's when it's calling me i know you're out there it's raining a storm rain bird it's raining a storm but i have to go i can't stand sitting here right here by my window-sill i can't stand it any longer got to just listen to the lone sound of pat-pat[/size]
-
Writing Today's Poem [M -- As a Precaution]
Mitch replied to Heaven's Cloud's topic in Creative Works
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Nice little poem there, Sara. That last line of it all..it seems oddly familiar to me. Maybe I saw it in your blog somewhere, or something. Who knows? Here's what I wrote last night. It's nothing special. It was raining out and I just went with what was on my mind then. [/font] [b][u]Rain Storm But No Bird[/b][/u] it's raining a storm outside seems the rain bird came back to my side never thought i'd see again raining a storm outside i went out just awhile ago went out saw the cold and i was looking for my rain bird she never came i stood out there cold and alone then i came back in looking out my window it's still raining a storm outside seems my rain bird's left me alone left me soaking until the summer comes gone but it's raining a storm outside i see it right now from my window i've got to look i can hear the rain bird calling me like it used to wish i could catch its beak and be there she still hasn't come something's different to think i thought i knew to think i knew when the levee breaks she still hasn't come i'm tapping my window-sill here thinking where and what she's doing but now i've got to go away i've got to get away from this window i've got to shut off the lights got to just listen to the lone sound of pat-pat that's when it's calling me rain bird that's when it's calling me i know you're out there it's raining a storm rain bird it's raining a storm but i have to go i can't stand sitting here right here by my window-sill i can't stand it any longer got to just listen to the lone sound of pat-pat[/color][/size] -
[img]http://www.pitchingwoo.net/mostlyrandom/eCards/odds/cat_loaf.jpg[/img] [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] "Watch as the fanciful feline undergoes its rigorous mating and cocooning into a full-fledged fanciful butterfeliny. Watch as this [i]fanciful[/i], yes, watch in close respect as this fanciful frisk goes to the next level. Yes. [i]Fanciful[/i] president Bush, he would be proud. Yesss...fanciful..."[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] The font on there is horrendous. It ruins the entire image for me, it doesn't work. But the background is a high point, I suppose. And Griff, I'll see you in the grains of sand. James already took care of what I would've said, so there and there. I'll see you when you're gone.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[quote][b]Q:[/b] What game did Chocobo's originate from?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] They were origined from birds. Is that what you're asking, lol? Or are you asking which FF had the first 'cobo? It was FF2, I believe. Ah. I see it now. Game, yes. Yes. *_* *shrug* [b]Q:[/b] Where do you get the levistone, and what does it do?[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Holidays really don't mean much to me; especially, speaking of it, the religious ones. Such as Easter and Christmas. Holidays to me are just another excuse to be selfish to myself. Someday I hope to change that and just buy everyone else I know or care for presents instead of the other way around.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#808080]Are you asking for its removal? :wigout: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Not at all. I guess I was just complaining. Heh. I live there, so no. Then I wouldn't have a hole to climb into. :)[/color][/size][/font]
-
[size=1]it[b]'[/b]s so lonely the darkness it[b]'[/b]s become an ordinary thing like the sun with its blinding light once was but the darkness is comforting demons shrouded in tattered rags saying gray [strike]colored gray[/strike] staring at me from below grasping my legs with their [strike]dry[/strike] spik[b]e[/b]y hands as i lay in bed but i [strike]stare[/strike]smile at the blank c[strike]ie[/strike]eiling [strike]smiling[/strike] for now it is comforting [strike]dark shades of[/strike] black fill[b]s[/b] the walls of my heart it[b]'[/b]s become [b]a portable beating[/b] [b]a doom dog's hell[/b] [strike]an[/strike] in infinite black[b]s[/b] i hear the doom dog drawl [strike]hole that will not stop [/strike] screaming of agony [b]yet[/b] surprisingly comforting what a life it has been but now i[b]'[/b]ll end it with a shrill of laughter for it has been some red-blood meat[strike]rollercoaster ride[/strike] comforting i hear the doom dog's howl blood runs from my head and down doom dog's sure he knows now[strike]hmm.comforting[/strike] [font=rockwell] You show some pretty good talent. I liked it. It just needed a few fixes and such. What I did to it isn't a neccesary thing, but I wanted to see what I could do to this. I don't know if what I did is exactly better in some aspects, but yeah. You forget some basic grammar, and I added that. I don't know if you wanted that or not, but it's just something I have beaten in my head, so I just have to change it everytime I see it.[/font][/size] [size=1]she walks [strike]with an[/strike] effortless and grace [strike]like[/strike] a ballerina with ribbons in her hair flowing like liquid in the wind [strike]while[/strike] grass and flowers sprout from the ground [strike]where[/strike] her foot lands [strike]as though shes a god[/strike]and she lands as though she is a god [strike]beautiful[/strike] she[b]'[/b]s an angel i know it her blue shining eyes her luscious red lips inhumanly gorgeous beautiful [font=rockwell] I did what I could. I didn't like this poem as much, it could be a lot better than it is. But your first was great, so that's good. I also merged your two threads together.[/font][/size]
-
[color=black][size=1][b]Category One: Your Online Character[/b] [b]Name:[/b] Phros "Allen" Poe [b]Character Base/Type:[/b] Wave Master [b]Weapon/s:[/b] A very short, blood-red staff. [b]Appearance:[/b] Dark; archaic. He looks old and yet, in between his wrinkles there's a hint of some dark and deeper inside. [b]Sex:[/b] Male [b]Category Two: Your Real Life Character[/b] [b]Name:[/b] Edgar Grant [b]Age:[/b] 16 [b]Occupation:[/b] Poet/ 10th grade student [b]Location:[/b] Bismarck, North Dakota [b]Biography:[/b] He doesn't really have a story. He was born. He went to school. He learned to read. Gained a knack and love for music, writing, and reading. Not much else. [b]Personality:[/b] Usually dark and reflective. He looks at everything like a chimera and he lets it all dig in like a large worm seething into his brain. [b]Interests:[/b] Poety; writing; reading.[/color][/size]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B][color=hotpink][size=1][b] [b]If you could only add one new forum to OtakuBoards, what would it be? [/b] A manga forum. It's totally different from anime and there are so many different series being made available and becoming more popular that I honestly think it would be a big hit. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] The poetry/ fan fiction forum serves as such.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] I know I missed the question, lol. I didn't have an answer so I just said what was on my mind, lol. As for it being a behavoir, it welly is. But seriously. I haven't done anything as a moderator in the poetry/fan fic forum since I've been there. Nothing goes on there. Sure, there's a few people here and there that post. Heaven's Cloud and such to name one or so. But it's so dead. I hate it.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] I don't know what to say. All I can say is I'm here; I even saw you online last night. I'm kind of bewildered that you didn't bring this up in [i]any[/i] of our AIM conversations, or anything. But that's fine. I suppose you just wanted to give me space, or something. All I can say, as I said, is I'm here. I can't say much else, because I really don't know what you're feeling all too well.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Jam, no you're just being pious and selfish. I've had enough of this thread. Wanting people to cry like at the 9/11 thing? Do you even have clue what 9/11's meaning was, or why those people cried, or why anything? Eh. It's pointless to beat into you, so I've had enough of this thread.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B]I don't really get why anyone here thinks ice should be [i]dark[/i], but meh. I think lightening up the background is a good suggestion. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Well, darkness is my home. I like it. Meh. I don't know. I think if it was darker it'd look more morbid and cold. It'd give it that whole "used and worn and dark," kind of feeling, or something. Guh.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[size=1][font=rockwell][b]If you could choose only one new BIG feature for OtakuBoards, what would it be?[/b]Eh. I'd like to see the Poetry/ Fan Fiction forum get more attention than it does. I've really given a lot to that forum and I haven't been given much really. I mean, my poem thread's like...6 pages. Or something. And almost all of the posts are from me in it, lol. I don't really know. *shrug* [b]If you could only add one new forum to OtakuBoards, what would it be? [/b] History forum. Or bring back the newbie lounge. *snicker* [b]Would you like to see a closer link between OtakuBoards and sister site, theOtaku.com? (ie: closer fan art links, contests, etc)[/b] Sure. It'll give the people that work hard on their art and things more coverage and recognition. [b]Would you like to see OtakuBoards open an affiliation program with other message boards?[/b] Not really. I like where we are. [b]Do you feel that theOtaku.com's chat system should be linked to OtakuBoards? (ie: shared moderators, scheduled chat events etc)[/b] Eh. I've only been to that chat room once or so, and it was pretty horrible. There really wasn't anyone I knew in there, and it was all just a whole bunch of people saying nothing. So it sure could happen. But it needs some improvement [b]Are you satisfied with the level of spam control on OtakuBoards?[ (ie: do you feel that we need more spam control or less? Or are we just right?)[/b] I never will. There's always room for improvement. But all of the staff and everyone here works very hard and I commend that. [b]If you could access OtakuBoards on a handlheld device (PDA, Generation 3 Mobile Phone, etc), would you access it regularly in this way?[/b] Of course. OB's like another home to me. [b]Is it more important to have a large variety of skins, or smaller (and higher quality) range of skins?[/b] Not really. I could care less. As long as I still see the same friends I've met here and the same wonderful people. Appearance isn't everything. [b]Would you prefer to have anime/gaming-themed skins or completely original works? [/b](if you had to choose only one option)[/b] Sure. But it doesn't really matter to me too much. [b]Do you actively engage Moderators and Category Moderators if you are having problems on OB? (in other words, do you seek out Mods/Category Mods to help you when you are unsure of a rule or something like that)[/b] Yes, I do. But not really extensively. [b]Are you satisfied with OtakuBoards' child protection policies? (such as language restrictions, conflict resolution between members, strict blocking of sexual imagery, etc... - this question is aimed primarily at parents and members over 15 years)[/b] Yes, I am pretty satisfied. But I still think it shouldn't be that big of an issue. It's parents' and others' jobs to stop their kids if they come to someplace like this and find something obscene and explicit.[/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] There's so much better music out there than Madonna. My God. To me she's already been dead. Her newer albums have been horrible and far inbetween. Maybe it's because I don't like pop all too well, but [i]there is[/i] better music than this out there. From what I've heard, her new record isn't too good.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[center][url=http://www.eaudrey.com/myth/cockatrice.htm][img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=385209[/img][/center][/url][size=1][center](Click on image to find more info on the cockatrice)[/center] [center][color=red]And here is the near-final version of it. If you don't know, a Cockatrice is a mythological creature with the head of a rooster and the body of a dragon. That's the really gist-ish definition of it. Also now that they are said to be extremely poisonous creatures. It's said that whatever they touch disintegrates. And if they stare at something, they can kill it. I don't know yet for certain if they change things to stone by looking at them, but it doesn't matter. The turning to stone in this poem can be seen as allegorical. Well, everything in this poem is allegorical, but I thought I'd mention about the Cockatrice for those who have no clue because it is needed to really understand this poem at least any.[/size][/center] [center][b][u]Cockatrice's Fall[/b][/u] Apparition there's known Gargoyle he's stone Cockatrice glared No one knows Apparition turned stone Wounds on him're known But gargoyle He's stone Apparition you're rock Looked at the cockatrice You gist you gast you specter Looked at the cockatrice Should've known Hatched by a serpent Rooster's egg thick skinned No shells no white Yellow and dark as abright Cockatrice Wight are you So the apparition he knows Gargoyle He's stone King of serpents King of birds Wings on the edge Fly without herds Cockatrice Wight are you So the banshee knows But gargoyle He's stone Spirit of evil Wight are you Gargoyle on his cling Gutter for the rain's spring The Cockatrice you don't know Only rain on your wing But gargoyle You're stone I saw you froze Stone-froze in the cold Looked at the Cockatrice Should've known Cockatrice was flying to nothing as the rain fell Came upon the gargoyle stared him right in the face Looked at the stone-brick and thought his taste Just sitting there flying to nothing as the rain fell Came upon the gargoyle stared him right in the face Tried to turn him to poison with his chaste Glared upon the gargoyle stared him right in the face Rain was falling to nothing he was flying to nothing Cockatrice glared at the gargoyle stared him right in the face Rain was falling gargoyle was on his hear Catching the rain as it fell Cockatrice glared the gargoyle could hear The cockatrice was looking at the stone King of serpent's mind was numb The cockatrice was looking at the stone King of serpent's mind was numb On that stone rain was falling Saying cold and wet on the slab Cockatrice's mind was numb Glaring at the stone Cockatrice was numb Apparition you're rock Never thought you'd ever talk Never thought your tears would fall Thought you were rock But gargoyle He's stone Gargoyle thought he was stone Specter the banshee should've known Rain fell he was no longer stone Desert turns to mud seems the gargoyle heard Came so far tears so long Apparition's retribution rain fell gone Basilisk hissed the rain fell down Cockatrice looked at the gargoyle Basilisk hissed the rain fell down The cockatrice's mind was numb Desert turns to mud seems the gargoyle heard Caught the rain kept it on his cling Water shimmers as rain showers spring Apparition's retribution fell gone Came so far tears so long Serpent's glare gone wrong Apparition's retribution fell gone Gargoyle thought you were stone But you're alive in the shower's own Cockatrice looked at you thought it'd turn you to stone Should've known Cockatrice Wight are you Sometimes they fall Gargoyle knew his call Heard the rain knew he could hear Cockatrice Spirit of evil Serpent of serpents Gargoyle knew his call You looked right at him Cockatrice's mind was numb Stone and stone above Looked at the gargoyle your mind turned numb Ice was forming in your head as you fell dumb Looked at the gargoyle your mind turned numb Saw your reflection in the stone Desert turns to mud and you know Cockatrice's mind was numb Desert turns to mud and now you know Saw your reflection in the stone Turned to stone should've known Fell to nothing Alone[/color][/center]
-
Writing Today's Poem [M -- As a Precaution]
Mitch replied to Heaven's Cloud's topic in Creative Works
[center][url=http://www.eaudrey.com/myth/cockatrice.htm][img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=385209[/img][/center][/url][size=1][center](Click on image to find more info on the cockatrice)[/center] [center][color=red]And here is the near-final version of it. If you don't know, a Cockatrice is a mythological creature with the head of a rooster and the body of a dragon. That's the really gist-ish definition of it. Also now that they are said to be extremely poisonous creatures. It's said that whatever they touch disintegrates. And if they stare at something, they can kill it. I don't know yet for certain if they change things to stone by looking at them, but it doesn't matter. The turning to stone in this poem can be seen as allegorical. Well, everything in this poem is allegorical, but I thought I'd mention about the Cockatrice for those who have no clue because it is needed to really understand this poem at least any.[/size][/center] [center][b][u]Cockatrice's Fall[/b][/u] Apparition there's known Gargoyle he's stone Cockatrice glared No one knows Apparition turned stone Wounds on him're known But gargoyle He's stone Apparition you're rock Looked at the cockatrice You gist you gast you specter Looked at the cockatrice Should've known Hatched by a serpent Rooster's egg thick skinned No shells no white Yellow and dark as abright Cockatrice Wight are you So the apparition he knows Gargoyle He's stone King of serpents King of birds Wings on the edge Fly without herds Cockatrice Wight are you So the banshee knows But gargoyle He's stone Spirit of evil Wight are you Gargoyle on his cling Gutter for the rain's spring The Cockatrice you don't know Only rain on your wing But gargoyle You're stone I saw you froze Stone-froze in the cold Looked at the Cockatrice Should've known Cockatrice was flying to nothing as the rain fell Came upon the gargoyle stared him right in the face Looked at the stone-brick and thought his taste Just sitting there flying to nothing as the rain fell Came upon the gargoyle stared him right in the face Tried to turn him to poison with his chaste Glared upon the gargoyle stared him right in the face Rain was falling to nothing he was flying to nothing Cockatrice glared at the gargoyle stared him right in the face Rain was falling gargoyle was on his hear Catching the rain as it fell Cockatrice glared the gargoyle could hear The cockatrice was looking at the stone King of serpent's mind was numb The cockatrice was looking at the stone King of serpent's mind was numb On that stone rain was falling Saying cold and wet on the slab Cockatrice's mind was numb Glaring at the stone Cockatrice was numb Apparition you're rock Never thought you'd ever talk Never thought your tears would fall Thought you were rock But gargoyle He's stone Gargoyle thought he was stone Specter the banshee should've known Rain fell he was no longer stone Desert turns to mud seems the gargoyle heard Came so far tears so long Apparition's retribution rain fell gone Basilisk hissed the rain fell down Cockatrice looked at the gargoyle Basilisk hissed the rain fell down The cockatrice's mind was numb Desert turns to mud seems the gargoyle heard Caught the rain kept it on his cling Water shimmers as rain showers spring Apparition's retribution fell gone Came so far tears so long Serpent's glare gone wrong Apparition's retribution fell gone Gargoyle thought you were stone But you're alive in the shower's own Cockatrice looked at you thought it'd turn you to stone Should've known Cockatrice Wight are you Sometimes they fall Gargoyle knew his call Heard the rain knew he could hear Cockatrice Spirit of evil Serpent of serpents Gargoyle knew his call You looked right at him Cockatrice's mind was numb Stone and stone above Looked at the gargoyle your mind turned numb Ice was forming in your head as you fell dumb Looked at the gargoyle your mind turned numb Saw your reflection in the stone Desert turns to mud and you know Cockatrice's mind was numb Desert turns to mud and now you know Saw your reflection in the stone Turned to stone should've known Fell to nothing Alone[/color][/center] -
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] The white's too bright; it ruins the overall "dark," appearance of the banner. I like it right now without the text until you can further improve the text.[/color][/size][/font]
-
Writing Today's Poem [M -- As a Precaution]
Mitch replied to Heaven's Cloud's topic in Creative Works
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] I got the idea for this from a combination of things. I got the cockatrice idea from playing FF I, lol, when I got attacked by them. This isn't near finished yet, but I think it's going good for a beginning, so I thought I'd share what I have. It's untitled as of yet. [b][u]Untitled[/b][/u] Apparition there's known Gargoyle he's stone Cockatrice glared No one knows Apparition turned stone Wounds on him?they are known But gargoyle He's stone Apparition you're rock Looked at the cockatrice You gist you gast you specter Looked at the cockatrice Should've known[/color][/size][/font] -
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] I hope to get a job, get some money and get my own internet. I hope to write, read, all that good stuff. Maybe start a long-term writing project. *winks at Charles*[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] It's pretty good. But since it's an opinionated column, make it sarcastic and funny to keep people reading. Put down people, rip things apart, do whatever. It makes it a lot stronger that way and your opinion is louder. Eh. Anyways, I find this article does have a meaning. I would find it inconvient too if they did this at my school; but, here we have open campus, people leave whenever they want. I do really think it's poinltess to lock doors so students can't leave. It only's going to make them leave more often. And people will still skip classes and will still make messes. That's what I hate. So many people are effected by someone's stupid actions. It's not fair.[/color][/size][/font]
-
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Ah, I can see it now. Must've been the evil blockage of my school's internet. It's really nice. Professional-looking-ish-ing-ness-esque. A job well done. Of course, I mean, it's Ginny, ain't it? :)[/color][/font][/size]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tasis [/i] [B][size=1]I would of done the same for all of my cats. If he wanted to do it, who's the law to say he's not allowed to help HIS animal which HE was responsible for. I mean, an animal's life is just as valuable as a humans, isn't it? [/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Kind of contradictory there my dear Tasis. Humans are animals, too, as much as we'd like to think we're so higher above. We're animals--mammals to be more specific. As for the man. I would've done the same thing if I was in his shoes.[/color][/size][/font]