Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
All shadowfire said was that AS now possesses the right to air The Animatrix. I doubt that many people currently know when and/or how it will eventually be shown, although we'll presumably get to see it sometime in 2004.

~Dagger~
Posted
I'm very happy that Animatrix will be aired on AS. I love that show. I have a question though. Do you all think that AS Saturday night anime is a good idea? I mean that, every Saturday you we watch our favorite shows. Once they're over, we'll have to wait seven more days to watch them again. Is AS going to do that? I really hope not; cause that's too long to wait until next Saturday to come.

Sure the shows come on late at week days, but it's better than waiting seven days. Oooohhh....time os slow!:bawl:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]AS has also aquired rights to show The Animatrix [/B][/QUOTE]

Well according to the AS forums, the Animatrix will premiere Saturday, April 17th. The same day as the AS Action Saturday block starts. I just wanna know how much will they be editing out. It won't need a lot but there is a few things things that might arouse peoples eyes, but then again there's already things already shown on AS that wasn't edited so I dunno.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stephanie Ayler [/i]
[B]Do you all think that AS Saturday night anime is a good idea? I mean that, every Saturday you we watch our favorite shows. Once they're over, we'll have to wait seven more days to watch them again. Is AS going to do that? I really hope not; cause that's too long to wait until next Saturday to come.

Sure the shows come on late at week days, but it's better than waiting seven days. Oooohhh....time os slow!:bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

While I understand where you're coming from, I don't think that's exactly a valid complaint. In Japan, most anime shows air new episodes on a weekly basis, so we're quite lucky to see series like Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho nearly every night.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Adult Swim will be expanding. Hopefully it'll start to have a positive influence upon the quality of Toonami, not to mention Cartoon Network's other anime.

~Dagger~
Posted
Hey also on the AS boards there's a rumor that Gundam SEED is going to be on either AS (nearly uncut) or Toonami (butchered to death). Can any one confirm or is this just another rumor that gets started at the AS boards.
Posted
Yeah, I had just read that on ANN and I'm glad it's going to AS, rather than the rumors I had heard of it going to Toonami. It's about time CN gets a good Gundam series. They haven't really had an excelent one since Gundam Wing.
Posted
Just to remind everybody: [b]Witch Hunter Robin[/b] will premier at midnight on Monday, February 16.

Produced by Sunrise and distributed by Bandai Entertainment, this twenty-six episode series has been highly anticipated ever since news of it first reached the States. Even now, a few months after its first volume was released in North America, WHR hype still continues to build. I'm really looking forward to watching it, regardless of what Adult Swim may or may not have been forced to edit out. As a fan of stylish supernatural anime, I have little doubt that Witch Hunter Robin will turn out to be a winner.

So don't forget to set your VCRs for February 16. ^_~

~Dagger~
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Just to remind everybody: [b]Witch Hunter Robin[/b] will premier at midnight on Monday, February 16.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Damn you beat me too it Dagger....

Anyway though i highly recommend everyone to start watching this anime, even though it has a slow start it gets amazing later on. And if you think its good from the start (like i did) then its a must see.
Posted
I'm definitly looking forward into watching Witch Hunter Robin. I did heard from a friend that this show would be very cool. However, I'm expecting to find out who's playing who in the voices. You'll never know which character will have the voice of your favorite actor. Can't wait!!
Posted
well right now DBGT is airing Fridays at 6:30 pm eastern time but I read on pojo that DBGT will be going to say " primetime". Starting Saturday , March 6th DBGT will start airing at 9:30 pm Eastern time. Now that's alright with me but the bad part is is that they will start all over again by airing the episode titled
" The source of general Rildo's Power".

Moving it to a later time on a different day is good for same, bad for others but it's ok with me. What I hate about that is they are airing it all over again. We're currnetly being shown about when Babi takes over Vegeta and now they're gonna go like 12 episodes back. Now that's what sucks. Couldn't they just continue airing it from where they'll switch over the dates??
Posted
Yeah...that would be better[time + day thing]. it's also good for the 12 ep. back thing because:
1.it gives people a chance to catch up.

2. it would have been a heck of a lot worse if they started ALL the way back from the beginning.[like what they did to YYH]
Posted
Hey on ANN ( just 1 of my many favorite sites) have reported that Duel Masters, the YuGiOh rippoff, will begin airing Saturday March 13th , at 1 episode a week . On Febuary 27th, they will air a 90 minute, 3 episode sneak preview on what else, Toonami.

Also if nobody already knows by now, Funimation changed the name of Detective Conan to " Case Closed". And 4Kids changed the name of Tokyo MewMew to "Hollywood MewMew". That has nothing to do with CN but I'm sure it'll eventual see air on CN cause KidsWB and CN are both owned by the same company I belive.
Posted
ANN is an abbreviation for the website known as the Anime News Network. It's both quite popular and generally reliable. I'm sorry that I can't provide you with a link, but I don't know whether I'm allowed to even [i]mention[/i] other sites, so.... let's move on, shall we?

Does anybody know when Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will air on Cartoon Network? I assume that it's coming in April (along with Wolf's Rain and Gundam SEED, if I remember correctly). However, I could easily be wrong. Either way, it looks as though April is shaping up to be a fantastic month, both for Adult Swim and anime in general.

~Dagger~
Posted
Dagger:As for the CTN schedule you're mentioning..I have no clue

whatsoever about it. I think it was mentioned a few pages back

about what series was going to be on and when.And my

question to you is what do you mean by 'anime in general' I

know about the New ep. of IY on AS, but is CTN itself going to

make a few changes or what?:confused:

~*dragonrose*~
Posted
Well, as you know, several new shows are coming to Cartoon Network. There will obviously be some schedule changes, including Adult Swim's return to Saturday nights, but at this point I'm not sure what current series are going to be taken off and/or moved around.

Anyway, when I said "in general," I was referring to all the anime (including several highly anticipated shows) which are coming out on DVD in April. This includes Gravitation, Azumanga Daioh, Texhnolyze, Marmalade Boy, and Tokyo Godfathers, in addition to numerous other series. The third volume of Last Exile and the second of Tenchi Muyo! GXP will also be released.

~Dagger~
Posted
[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]Well, as you know, several new shows are coming to Cartoon Network. There will obviously be some schedule changes, including Adult Swim's return to Saturday nights, but at this point I'm not sure what current series are going to be taken off and/or moved around.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Well that's alreay happened [for AS at least]

WHR is already started @ 12:00 pm.

I haven't noticed any changes to Toonami yet.

Does anyone have a clue when AS will be back on Saturdays??? :confused:

~*dragonrose*~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...