OtakuBoards

otaku prom

Guest Chris

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]"I'm not very good," he admitted. "Although I can do the Macarena. I'm seven years behind the curve..." ^^; [/B][/QUOTE]

She laughed at his comment. "Same here..."

She glanced around at all the people dancing, "Ah, the complete bliss of being able to dance well."

------Exiting the in topic-----
:laugh: You had to metion macarena didn't you? For some reason that makes me laugh. *is still laughing*

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: It's funny; I can do it, but whenever I try, my friends threaten to hit me, spill my drink, kick me out of the car, etc. Huh...

BIC:

DeathBug watched Bandit dance. "Whoa..." he though to himself. "The first-grader in me is whining at being shown up by a girl....I hope I was speaking metaphorically just now, or that would be icky...."

He tried to match pace with Bandit. Y"ou dance devinely," he said. "Heh, I always wanted to say that...whoa! Almost tripped...I'm good...What's the music that's playing, anywho?"

[B]He tried to match pace with Bandit. Y"ou dance devinely," he said. "Heh, I always wanted to say that...whoa! Almost tripped...I'm good...What's the music that's playing, anywho?" [/B][/QUOTE]
OOC: Oh my Ra! That's just funny! Thanks to you, I'll die laughing.

-------Entering the realm of IC--------
"Thank-you." She replied to his compliment, then laughed when he nearly tripped. "Smooth."

The current song came to an end and a slow one started. She blushed and looked down at the ground.

Ah...young love lol.

~

Mirai awoke from his sleep reluctantly...he was having such nice dreams. But he no longer needed rest, so his body had forced him to wake up. He awoke to find that not only were his arms still holding Ruby but she was wide awake and looking into the crowd. Mirai turned a little red, but remained quiet because Ruby didn't notice that he was awake.

It was then that mirai decided to play a little trick on Ruby. He made sure that she was not looking and lowered his head close to the side of her head. He put his mouth close to her ear and whispered "How you doing, Ruby?" in her ear. She jumped a little and glared at mirai with a slightly red face.

"How long have you been awake?" she demanded.

"Just a couple of minutes," mirai replied.

"That wasn't very funny," Ruby said. Mirai smiled at her.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," mirai replied. "That certainly wasn't my intention, Miss Ruby." Ruby smiled and laughed. Mirai laughed along with her; the laugh was very infectious, to tell the truth.

"Thanks for making sure I wouldn't fall down," Ruby said. Mirai looked down to see that his arms were still around Ruby and he blushed.

"Well...I...er...uh..." mirai stammered.

"You don't need to explain anything," Ruby replied. "I thought it was sweet of you." Mirai turned even redder, but he didn't reply.

What's up with calling me Miss all of a sudden?
~

"Mirai, you ok?" Ruby asked, "Cause your facekeeps getting redder..."

"Um...no I'm fine." mirai said.

"Ok if you say so." said Ruby staring at mirai.

They stared at each other. Ruby smiled at mirai. Noticing his arm was still around her, she put her hands on his. As she did this mirai's face got a little redder.

Ruby said, "I'm glade to be here with you, mirai."

"I'm glade I'm with you too, Ruby." he replied.

They both stared at each other and started to grin.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bandit Joeykuba [/i]
[B]
The current song came to an end and a slow one started. She blushed and looked down at the ground. [/B][/QUOTE]

DeathBug's neck turned a crimson red. "Crap," he thought. "Slow dancing! I always screw up with slow dancing! Don't panic...stay cool..."

"So, uh..." he stammered. "Yeah, I'd ask for this dance, but since we're already dancing, that'd be kinda' pointless. So, I'm just going to slow dance and hope for the best." ^^;;;

Did it offend you? I'm sorry. I was just teasing when I wrote it. In case you didn't know, I'm a dork lol.

~

Mirai couldn't help but smile with Ruby. He thought she had a pretty smile. In fact, he wasn't getting nervous at all with her anymore; he barely noticed her hands on his anymore. He was getting much more comfortable with her.

"There sure are a lot of people here," mirai remarked.

"Yeah, I think most of them came late," Ruby said as she pointed over to DeathBug and Bandit Joeykuba (had to work the others into the story somehow lol).

"Are you still tired?" mirai asked.

"Not really," Ruby replied. "Why?"

"Well," mirai said with a sly smile. "There are other people on the dance floor. Why don't we go back out and join them again?"

You didn't offend me, just earlyer you called me m'lady, then miss. I had never been called those before. Anyways, your not a dork.
~

"Alright." Ruby said

She lifted her hands off of his, and he let her get up. Once they were both up they went off in the crowd. Mirai put his arms around her waist and she put her arms around his neck again. And they started to slow dance once more.

[B]"So, uh..." he stammered. "Yeah, I'd ask for this dance, but since we're already dancing, that'd be kinda' pointless. So, I'm just going to slow dance and hope for the best." ^^;;; [/B][/QUOTE]

Still blushing, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he out his arms around her waist.

"Don't you just love slow dances?" She asked, not really expecting an answer.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bandit Joeykuba [/i]
[B]Still blushing, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he out his arms around her waist.

"Don't you just love slow dances?" She asked, not really expecting an answer. [/B][/QUOTE]

"I sure do now..." DeathBug thought.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool," he agreed. "I'm more of a fast-dance kinda' guy, but I can definatly see the upside...."

It was around this time that he tripped over his own shoelace, onto the floor.

"Ow..." ^^;

Whew, scared me for a moment there lol. Heh, I'm like that on occassion; it just comes out every so often (happens in real life, too). Well, at least one person doesn't think I'm a dork ^_^. Also, right now, I'm having troubles typing in 'mirai.' I keep accidently typing 'maria' lol.

~

Mirai and Ruby danced slowly around the room. They paid attention to nobody but themselves as they gazed into each other's eyes.

"You know," mirai said to Ruby. "It's actually nice to dance once in a while."

"I think so, too," Ruby said.

"Actually, I could get used to this," mirai said. "Before I wasn't really a dancing kind of guy, but now..."

"Now what?" Ruby asked kindly.

"Now, I really like the idea of dancing," mirai answered. "It's pretty fun. Especially with you, if you don't mind me saying."

Ruby smiled, "I'm glade you think so, cause I really like dancing with you mirai."

Mirai smiled. They were lost in each other's gaze now. It seemed mirai and Ruby were better dancing now then before. She leaned aginst mirai again, but this time nether of them blushed. They both had gotten use to it by this time.

"I'm so glade we're dancing together." mirai said.

Ruby looked up at him and smiled. Mirai and Ruby both smiled at each other cheerfully. She then went back to leaning on him. Mirai's grib around her tightened, along with her grib around him.

Neocolin was just finishing the last few crumbs of his brownie and looked up and saw his friend japan_86 drinking punch. Neoclone ran up to her.
"I didn't know you were here, Japan!"
Japan looks up from her punch.
"Hey Neoclone"
"Uh... where's your date? YOu get stood up?"
"NO! He had to leave..."
"Oh, so... uh... since neither of us has a date you want to dance? Y'know, as friends?"
"Sure!"
"Okay... but don't expect me to slow dance. I've got two left feet.
"Alright."
So... let's dance."
They walked over to the dance floor where, by fortunate coincidence the DJ had enough sense to put in some techno. Strobe lights went on, and everyone started dancing.

Neoclone and Japan started to mosh to Dj Sammy's "We're in Heaven."
Japan was so suprised that Neoclone was here, her best friend. She was happy, though a part of her missed Lan. Neo was also a better dancer than he claimed. Japan smiled, so did Neo. They made their way over in front of the blinking floodlight. It was blinking so fast that it looked like they were dancing in slow motion.

Neoclone and Japan danced until Neoclone came up with the idea to crowd surf.
"You know something I always wanted to do? Crowdsurf! You want to try?"
"Alright, sure!"
They climbed up onto the stage in front of the DJ.
"Okay, let's jump on three" Neoclone said, his voice thick with anticipation.
--ONE!--
--TWO!--
--THREE!--
They both jumped out ver the shouting crowd...

They landed on the ground.
Japan:I guess that wasn't such a good idea.
Neo: Guess not
They stood up and brushed themselves off.
Neo:I'm hungry....
Japan: What!!!! Didn't you just eat?
Neo: Yes....but I'm still hungry
Japan: Sheesh!!!
Neo:Hey! That's my line!
Japan shook her head, while smiling. They walked over to the snack table. While, Japan ate a brownie, Neo took several more brownies and a cup of punch and they walked over to the table.

Neoclone immediately started jamming the brownies into his mouth. Japan took a small bite and was staring at neoclone with a look that was a mixture of shock and disgust.
"Aat? Vish b'owneezz ee'ee goo'. eel, i ed i uz ngry!" Neoclone said indignantly.
"Y'know I'd really hate to get stuck inbetween your food and those teeth." Japan said, with no little amount of sarcasm.
Neoclone gulped the last mouthful of brownie down and stood up.
"Humph, well, I just enjoy my food. I can't help it."
Japan finshed her brownie as another song came on and dragged Neoclone past the food table, despite much resistance and onto the dance floor where they resumed dancing."

Neo: Hey!! I wanted to get seconds!
Japan: Too bad.
They made their way through the crowd. Neo soon gave up knowing that Japan was sometimes strong willed. They started to dance. THe continued for about a half hour. Then the DJ put on a slow song. Neo started to freak out.

[B]"I sure do now..." DeathBug thought.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool," he agreed. "I'm more of a fast-dance kinda' guy, but I can definatly see the upside...."

It was around this time that he tripped over his own shoelace, onto the floor.

"Ow..." ^^; [/B][/QUOTE]

She fell down with him. After falling, she started laughing. "That was fun."

She stood up slowly, "But it hurt."

"Sure, no sweat," DeathBug nodded, eager to make up for embarassingh imself earlier. "Don't stop being cute while I'm gone."

He quickly walked to the snack tray. "Punch, punch, where's the punch...."

A short dude with a red hat and blue-stripped shirt approached him.

"Hey there. How about a nice Hawaiian punch?"

"Really? That's just what I was looking for! I..." DeathBug stopped. "Wait, this seems vaguely familiar to me...yep, I've definatly seen this scenario before. Nice try, buddy, but no thanks."

"Aww." The short guy walked off, and DeathBug came back with some punch.

"Here you go, ma'am," he said, smiling.

OOC:
[B]A short dude with a red hat and blue-stripped shirt approached him.

"Hey there. How about a nice Hawaiian punch?"

"Really? That's just what I was looking for! I..." DeathBug stopped. "Wait, this seems vaguely familiar to me...yep, I've definatly seen this scenario before. Nice try, buddy, but no thanks."

"Aww." The short guy walked off, and DeathBug came back with some punch.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oo; That was so funny, I fell out of my chair laughing.

-------Entering In Topic, please buckle your seatbelts!--------

"Thank-you, kind sir." She said, taking her punch. She drank some of it and sighed. "I'm glad I asked you to this Prom."

"Cool," DeathBug replied. "Thanks. I didn't even pay attention to the prom before; I'm not a very social person."

He cleared his throat. "But I'm glad you asked me. Hangin' here with you is a lot more fun than anything else I could have done. And I get to wear a bowtie and change my avatar! Everyone wins!"

All around the room they went dancing away. It was as if there was nobody else in the room. Nobody else mattered to Ruby and mirai; they were totally focused on each other.

"You're actually a very good dancer, Ruby," mirai said.

"Thank you," Ruby said. "You're a good dancer."

"I'm not that good," mirai said. "I just needed the right inspiration, that's all. You know how it works." Ruby smiled at mirai and sighed happily as they continued dancing around the room. Then, both Ruby and mirai closed their eyes and continued dancing. They both knew that nothing would happen; it was like they were dancing in a dream.