OtakuBoards

Which otakuboarder(s) has changed you?

Guest Taylor Hewitt

Influences.. hmm, most are good some are bad, I refuse to post the bad one's in fear of pain and banning. Don't know why, not like this is a European Ghetto from the 40's.

Anyways, influences, right. I'd have to say James, Syk3, and Charles for starters, their witty comments, ecspecially Syk's right before they close a thread always amuses me. I have a habit of reading the closed threads for some reason..

Then I would have to say OekakiOtaku, Vicky, DuoMax, and Orien_Xel, for being in my first rpg here, and making it a good one that I won't ever forget. I'll never forget the attempted pork chop sword.

DayDay, Taylor Hewitt, and SilpheedPilot for talking to me just to talk, that goes for Avalon as well.

Once again OekakiOtaku, and Wondershot, for being pals outside of OB, and on other forums, and always criticizing me for my beliefs, and language, along with stories, poems, and other fart ideas.

There are plenty others, I'm sure of it. But I just can't think of them all right now.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, *looks around* No ones mentioned me....aww well...
Anyways, there are plenty of people that changed me here.
They are:

[b]Braidless Baka[/b]-She made my banners, and she makes me feel better about myself. She is a cool Britidh person.
[b]James[/b]-He is a very nice guy, and inspires me with my own website
[b]Charles[/b]-An awesome all around great guy to talk to. Who makes you feel better about bad things that have happened.
[b]Adam[/b]-He inspires me with my site also...and makes me laugh sometimes.
[b]Battosai[/b]-one of my very first OB friends. Someone I can relate to and talk with just about everything. He is very funny and an amazing guy.
[b]KKC[/b] awesome girl, with an awesome attitude. One of the best people to put a smile on your face
[b]Lan[/b]-Another guy that I can relate to and talk with just about everything. He is a very nice guy who is very funny also.
[b]Shaun[/b]-a very nice person who has the same views on life as I do, and he is very nice.
[b]Shippo[/b]- Shippo has very cool posts that I like to read and he is just a cool guy.
[b]Otakusennen[/b]-I very cool guy who is fun to talk to
[b]Justin[/b]-I like his views on life as well
[b]WW2[/b]-he has very interesting posts that make you think. Has the same interests I do...He helps me with Japanese
[b]Kaola Su[/b]-She helps me to feel better about myself, and she helps me out with everyday problems.

James and cloricus.

They have showed me the true nature of "polar opposites."

James, I need not talk about what you have experienced with me. (in my mind we had and have a great connection)

Cloricus, well, I guess you put in stone what so many others have expressed before. ("terrorist in chief," oh god, what to say.)

I will leave it alone in honor of that old saying, "if you dont have anything nice to say..."

But basically, you all have seen what I had to say about james... figure out the opposite and you have _______.

Both of you have shown the exact opposites of everything.

One with reason and logic, moderation and wisdom. The other with... well, I guess I should leave it with what james had done.

I hope to see you all influence me somehow, the boards have been and will continue to be a great part of my life.

I only wish that we could all meet one day so I could show you ALL who I really am.

I also want to give an honorable mention to lady mac.

She is a beautiful, amazing, intelligent, capable and brave woman.
She has shown me that girls are not as shallow as I believed and that everyone has some way to connect to his/her fellow man.

Lady M, you are a gift to us all... god bless.

Oh yeah, cant forget justin, I came here and he was cool as hell, but after one IM about what a bad "christian" I was, I lost ALL respect. Sorry dude, but that message was just plain rude.

I also wanna mention some of my other people...

Bobby, who never comes here, got me started and introduced me to the otaku. Thanks bro.

Domon, you've been in contact with me for a long while and its good to have you around.

Several other people have made an important and honest impact on me, but at the drunken and sloppy moment, they will all (sadly) fad into a dull and diluted memory of otaku wisdom.

You have all helped in some way or another,

Thank you.

_______
edit:

James,

It seems alot of people have mentioned you.

It makes me wonder if anyone mentioned me...:therock:

[size=1]

There are many people I respect on Otakuboards. These people inspire me in some way. Sometimes for the better, sometimes er... :rolleyes:

Ajeh
Transtic Nerve
Lailaith Ril
KnightOfTheRose
James (jumping on the bandwagon here, should be a James' fanclub)
Final Flash and NeoCactuar ( fellow Kiwis)
Lady Macdaioh (sp?) Your strength amidst tradgedy
Kuja (I'm not joking, he told me what ROM's were, I respect)
SaiyanPrincess X for my old Dragonball Z banner
Java Mask for my latest one
Gargoyle God for the avatar I might someday use.
MillieFan, Showing me the awesome Christian anime Alliance and welcoming me there.
Adam: My Otaku, 'nuff said :)
ack, the list goes on and on [/size]

Eve and Tasrai have both added to me. Love the stories.... I enjoy verbal sparring/blatant arguing with Double_b_Daigo. And Taylor Hewitt. I respect sara for deleting the out of control posts in the pranks thread(oopses). I like many of you. Nomad makes awesome banners (even though i havnt had one of his yet) Charles is funny, yet sometimes so wonderfully dry. James makes the longest posts i have seen o.0 *oogles*. Many here make wonderful discussion. i dont know wrist cutter but i thank him too. Adam and James for OB. people with funny sig's for .... well their funny sig's. Ob is just so good. Essential. Nobody remembers or wants me, but i can handle that. As long as you guys are here, it doesnt matter does it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B]There are far to many people on these boards that have helped me or influenced me in some way to put into a list.
You all know exactly who you are.
And I hope each and everyone of you know that you will never leave my thoughts. [/B][/QUOTE]

'Nough said. :)

[COLOR=coral][SIZE=1]Changed me....

I'd have to say the artists on OB. Before I came here, I prolly couldn't draw a most basic flower, but after looking at all you people's artworks, I have totally been inspired and came up with my own style of art. Although I'm not as good as some, I'm quite proud of myself. Thankies y'all!

Lots of others too have been very helpful-answering any stupid questions and things like that. Though I haven't talked too many times, I wanna thank Solo for patiently listening to my rantings and stuff, so thank you.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest dayday
My name got mentioned. I'm so happy. But here are a few people. This is no special order.

Taylor Hewitt
Ruby
Kesaki_Inedia
dayday(yes me)

Uhh...not many more than that.If I think of more then I'll pu them.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dayday [/i]
[B]My name got mentioned. I'm so happy. But here are a few people. This is no special order.

Taylor Hewitt
Ruby
Kesaki_Inedia
dayday(yes me)
[/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]......hm, well, good to know you've changed yourself. heh, just joking. as in, not meant to be taken seriously, and said in a joking manner. slightly.

anywho, not quite sure if anyone on here has 'changed' me, so to speak, but the people who've probably come close to it, or who I respect/like what they post/etc., etc., would be (in alphabetical order :cross: ), amiboshi, Charles, PiroMunkie, Semjaza, and wrist cutter. and then I doubt I'll ever forget Harry's 'purple dancing hippo'.

don't worry, I didn't forget anybody. :wave: j/k
lol
[/FONT]

There are people that I *like* on the boards.... like Piro, Semjaza (don't talk to him much but he seems cool), wrist cutter, and of course QA and amibasuki,...... but no one has "changed" me.

Good heavens, the thought is so ridiculous--I'm hardly on the computer in the first place. TeeHEE! ^_^

Oh yeah, and I like James.

no wait, j/k. lol.

Actually, it's not "much". It's more like "never". :p

Surprised by some of the mentions of my name in here, even in general terms. You guys do realize I have instant messenger? lol

Anyway... I don't know. I'm not posting yet another list of people I think rock or whatever else. Pretty much anyone I talk to on a rather consistent basis affects me in some way, big or small. Shy, Mitch, Zidargh, Jenn, Alex, Piro, Charles, Lady M (well trying to lately, anyway), Sara, James, Ryan, Tori and so on. There are others, but I don't seem to talk to you guys as much anymore.

There's a bunch of other cool people here, but I shouldn't have to mention them. They should know they kick *** already.

Also...

lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

Oh yeah, and I like James.

no wait, j/k. lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Wow, that was really surprising and scary. I don't even know you, but I always thought you were nice. Phew! Hehe. :wigout: :eek:

Anyway, nobody on the boards has "changed" me. I think there are few people in my life who have actually changed who I am...probably none, come to think of it. I don't know if you can change someone in that sense.

But, there are definitely people on here who I respect and who have influenced me in a positive way. I don't think I even need to list them, because the list would probably be too long...and I'd say that they all know who they are anyway.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]Wow, that was really surprising and scary. I don't even know you, but I always thought you were nice. Phew! Hehe. :wigout: :eek: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

:rotflmao: Oh my dear James, that was the intent! Just some smart-alecky-ness for the heart; I need to get it out every now and then. :whoops: lol

[color=darkblue][size=1]People who have changed me... *thinks...*

Japan_86- Like she said, we just relate on an assortment of topics. We could talk about anything, and we'd be cool with it. We just really relate. She's really funny, and has a great personality. ^^

Little Serenity- She just... wow, there's alot to say here. We just really have alot in common, we can talk about everything. She's funny too. She has a great personality as well. We can just say things over AIM that seem... off, but we'd still laugh about it.

Logan- We can talk about alot of stuff. He's a great friend, and I'll never forget him. (Saying that makes it seem as if he's leaving. o.O;; ) Funny too, a really great friend though.[/color][/size]

Well I'd say the same thing that James has said, that noone has really changed me. Well maybe, in little ways, I wouldn't know some of the things I know if I didn't........know the OBers that I.......know.... in real life, like digitalshadow, Subversive, TPE(well he is an OBer, but doesn't post/go to OB much these days), and hiachi.

But I don't really talk to many OBers outside of the ones I see in real life. Well I don't think I talk to any for that matter. (maybe a few, but just sporadcally ) I'd like to know more of the members, like mods and such, but I think that they are so busy talkin to this person, that person, and the other to really take on another buddy, such as myself. And maybe I am the same way.

When I am at OB, and I see the "latest post" being from someone like....oh....say James, then I like to check that post out, just to get some more insightful words from our Site Director.....(ok now that sounded cheezy, and maybe this entire reply has been filled with cheese)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]:rotflmao: Oh my dear James, that was the intent! Just some smart-alecky-ness for the heart; I need to get it out every now and then. :whoops: lol [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Oh, phew. You scared me for a moment there, Anna. ~_^

It's strange that I noticed your post more than when another member posts something similar. Maybe I just hold you in higher regard than I think. ~_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]Oh, phew. You scared me for a moment there, Anna. ~_^

It's strange that I noticed your post more than when another member posts something similar. Maybe I just hold you in higher regard than I think. ~_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm regarded here. :D Golly. Don't know what to say to that one!

Yes well, I'm feeling rather spammy now, so I'll be leaving, lol.

For the time i'v been here I'v met alot cool people ^^ Even if I dont talk to them on AIM there still good buddys to me.

OtakuSennen: He is one cool guy I have to say. We talk just about everyday and he starts alot of OB chats when I ask him to because were bored. Hes just really nice and he has some great dances that I can steal ^__^
Kaola Su: Kaola was the first OB friend I made. It was when I posted this pictured and well... everyone thought it sucked ^^' (I agree now) and she cheered me up real good and gave me lots of confidence ^^
Japan_86: What a good friend! *sniffles* I swear! She gives me too good of coments! Shes just really nice and will probably do any favor for her buddy.
DarkDeath: Well, he insults your work alot because he think it can be better, but hes still an awesome guy, he gives me tips on my banners... mainly the font, which I still cant fix >_< He calls me Crack head too...
Syk3: Well, i only chat to him in the chats that Sennen starts, but I think hes an awesome guy and makes me think about posting alot for some reason. He's just really cool too.
Azure Wolf: Azure has inspired me to think of better posts and threads. I swear she has some of the best posts i'v seen! She also gives me ideas on theorys in the .hack forum.
T man: Hes a really cool guy who RPs alot, I talk to him every once and awhile and its really fun. He's not selfish ^^
Logan: He's always showing me those banners of his, and there pretty darn good. He has a good heart. I dont talk to him much anymore.... but hes still my buddy ^^
.Hack//Izual: Hes a good guy, at first I thought his posts really sucked, but over time they got really good, we talk everyonce in awhile. Mainly when he's bored to death ^^
Crazy Ace: Hes another good buddy ^^ Hes from the Bahamas, so i get mad because thats where I want to be at times. Hes really cool... he a Crim fan like myself x_x
Elk: Hes a cool guy I met in the boards, we chat every once and a while about this and that. I think he taught me about friendship... But i dont know how...

Let me see if I can remember them in no particular order...
Lady Katana...........Sirven
GoKents...............Dark Apocalyps
DeathKnight...........Shinobi
James.................Starlight
Anti..................Desbreko
Chaos.................GinnyLynn
Shinkoru..............Legacy (surprise!)
BearsBaby.............Adam
...And a lot of others.

Wow, long list....hehe

[color=darkblue]There have been some members that have changed my perspective on things....:

[b]Ken-[/b] Many things we've talked about have made me look deeper at a lot of subjects. Some of which I didn't want to. Oo;

[b]Solo-[/b] A very caring and understanding individual. You could call him the "Freud of OB", lol.

[b]James-[/b] Kind and fair. Can't ask for more from a guy.

[b]Logan-[/b] He knows why.[/color]

[color=deeppink]After much thought, I decided that I'd post in here, even if it takes me forever to remember everyone ^_^;

[u]Justin[/u]- first and foremost. That one should explain itself.

[u]Russ[/u]- He's just too damn funny.

[u]Sara[/u]- Lovely and witty. She has always made me laugh, and if it
wasn't a laugh, it was a smirk because I got her joke when nobody else did.

[u]Semja-Tony[/u]- Well he's just a fabulous person to talk to. Introduced me to a band that I don't really like, but that doesn't matter. He's still nice in my book.

[u]Ger-Red[/u]- Oi, mate!

[u]Toriness[/u]- She likes pink and girly things like me. And she's an Angel..they kick *** ;)

[u]Deb[/u]- I just admire her for everything she's ever said and done...and the Angels still kick *** ;)

[u]Raiha[/u]- Nobody else has *sensual* prowess like this girl ;)

[u]kuja[/u]- Made me realize just how important good grammar really is when it comes to assuming one's intelligence.

[u]James[/u]- For giving me that first oppurtunity to moderate when I wasn't even expecting it, which in turn helped me make some of the coolest friendships with staff members here.

[u]Rick Hunter[/u]- Or, wait, no.

[u]Ken and Medra[/u]- They don't follow popular culture and are damn proud of it. How cool is that?

I know I'm missing some...I always do :sweat:[/color]

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Wow I've changed two people. w00t :D I hope there are more. dayday changed me the most and ruby too and saiyanprincessx lots!

Wow...*thinks* people who have changed me. Well, I don't think that anyone has 'changed' me as such, of course there are a few people who have made impressions upon me:

[b]Logan:[/b] Well, the first guy I met on OB, and a very interesting guy at that. This fella got me interested in forum RP, he should be proud lol.

[b]Azurewolf & Krillen:[/b] These are the masters of the art of banner making...I strive to better myself because of their work ^_^.

[b]Milliefan:[/b] She makes OBoarding all the more interesting ^_~ y'all know what I mean.