OtakuBoards

Freashmen

Guest EtErNaL DrAgOn

Guest EtErNaL DrAgOn
Soon (in less than a month) I will be starting high school and I am really exited and nervous. If anyone has some freshman stories (even horror stories. At least then I will know what to watch out for) you can post them here!

I will be a Junior next year, so I know what it is like to be a Freshmen. The first few days will be tough. New Campus, classes, and teachers can be frustrating. I remember that when I was a Freshmen after only a week, I lost my way and was almost late for my Math class. I also got on the bad side with my Art teacher because I wouldn't do every single thing she wanted on my artwork. She hated me the rest of the year, and she still hates me now.

Im goin to my first year of senior high. Im goin to a school where i know hardly anybody because its a private school that im goin to on a scholarship and the only peeps i know would be the students who are in grade 11 and 12 who came from my junior high

[color=blue][font=arial]I'm already graduated MUAAHAHAHAHA...ahem....its not too bad if you have a group to hang around with. I was in ROTC, and all my friends ended up being from there. They'll be there for support if you need it and the teachers arent as bad as people make them out to be.[/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by noodleboy [/i]
[B]make friends in high places fast. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]But don't try [i]too[/i] hard, the upperclassmen will let you know if they want your company or not ;)

I remember my freshman year and how nervous I was. I was so young, I started high school when I was only 13, so I felt like I didn't belong there.

But eventually things got ok. We moved into a new building after Christmas break, so the classes got more separated by halls. It was nice to know that now the freshmen weren't the only ones completely lost trying to find their classes; everyone was now in the same boat [and each floor of that school looks the exact same, so it was SO confusing at first!]

And, to be honest, the first half of my freshman year I don't really remember. I never remember the beginning of things; first year of high school, first year at camp, first weeks on these boards. I have a bad memory for stuff like that ^_^;

Anyway, it's ok that you're nervous, I think everyone is when they start high school. You'll learn the ropes soon enough :)[/color]

I'm going to be a freshman too. I'm nervous my plan is to not talk to anybody watch my back and not do anything stupid. the plus side is my auntie lives down the street from the high school{a.k.a prison} so if I feel like it I can hide out there.

I'm going to be a frosh as well. But i already know a ton of seniors and sophmores because of my volleyball. I played bball and vball over the summer and got to know and become friends with a lot of people. I'm not as nervous anymore. I'm still worried about the cliches though. I'm going to a small high school of only 500. Someone once told me the smaller the school, the harder to get into a group of good friends. :confused: But i still can't wait to get there. (not for the classes, classes are evil) Its going to be so much more fun, I hope...

i'll most likely be a freshman again next year lmao. i had no troubles oh wait most of my friends went to the other high school (which I will be going this upcoming year) so I was bored lol and I slept alot

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]But don't try [i]too[/i] hard, the upperclassmen will let you know if they want your company or not ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Much wiseness in that statement. Trust me, I know from experience.

I remember being a freshman and feeling out of place. I usually just kept to myself all year, and wasn't really bothered. But as you go on in the school year, you'll warm up to people and such and do just fine. Nothing to worry about in the least. Just make sure not to use the bathroom during the breaks... >_<[/color]

[COLOR=coral][SIZE=1]I'm gonna be a freshman too in about a week. My friend has a legacy set by half her family in the highschool and I don't. So good thing she and I are friends,ne? The only thing I really worry about are the classes, how hard they're gonna be and stuff. People, I really don't bother anyone too much. I warm up to them if I see they're making an effort to be friends. And once I worried that I'm gonna be just 13 and among other people in highschool, but I seem to have gotten over that.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

My freshman year was quite fun. Don't be nervous, because being in high school really isn't any different than being in jr. high (It wasn't for me anyway). Just make new friends, join clubs, and most importantly don't panic! Sure there will be a lot of people calling you a stupid freshman (It really annoyed me), but there always is, so just ignore it.

[size=1] Hohoho, I'm becoming eigth grade next year, so I can trip little sixth graders. ^^

Naw, just kidding. I personally think it's stupid to make fun of people just because they're in a grade below you. It's stupid, really. It's not so bad in my middle school, and my sister said that the high school I'm going to go to isn't that bad either. ^_^ But I guess I'll be able to meet upper classman in orchestra. But I guess it would be cool to make good friends with upper classman. Heh, my friend talks about her high school friends a lot.

"Oh, yeah, all of my SOPHOMORE friends are prettier than her."

Ugh, I am going to HATE this year. I must study for geometry, and now I hate all things related to angles and circles. Not to mention spanish...[/size]

[FONT=arial][size=3][COLOR=darkblue]My advice is not to worry much. I'm going to be a Sophmore next year (but I still have to take two freshman classes to get my credits *glares at teachers*). It can get confusing at times, especially when trying to find classes. Depending on how may buildings/floors your H.S. has will decide how hard it is to get around. The people in my first period class were the first people I made friends with, and I just stayed away from other people for about a week, then started making more friends. Just get to know the people in your classes and try making friends.

Then there are those people who think they are better than you and/or anyone you're hanging out with. Just ignore them, heh. High school is pretty easy to deal with, except for the work, that's a bad thing about ALL school. Then again, I'm lazy. The little groups of people walking the school are kinda intimidating, but you'll get use to them. One thing about being a freshman is that you won't have opportunities(sp?) like you would have if you were a upperclassman.[/COLOR][/size][/FONT]

High school isn't so bad. I'm gonna be a Senior this upcoming year and I've managed pretty well.

With that said, Freshman year was my [i]easiest[/i] year. I didn't have a problem finding my classes (except for Geometry) because they were decently close together (and my folder had a map of the school). If you're going to make friends with upperclassmen, it's best to do so with the upperclassmen that are a part of the club/sport/etc. that you're a part of. That's how I made friends.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Just don't ask any random upperclassman for directions. You'll get them, most likely, but odds are they'll be wrong.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]
That's the correct answer. Also people usually don't care if you're a freshman (atleast at my school) after maybe a week or two.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Just don't ask any random upperclassman for directions. You'll get them, most likely, but odds are they'll be wrong.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]heh, one of my friends was asked by a fellow freshman (since she was one at the time, but the other person didn't know that) where a certain class was, and she told her it was on the second floor. poor girl went on looking for a second floor that never existed in the first place.

some advice I can give to freshmen: look comfortable/nonchalant, and don't act stupid. if you don't act like a freshman, you won't be regarded/treated like one. and try to act comfortable, even if you don't know your way around yet. if you go around looking nervous and lost, you're marked, lol. if you need to ask for directions, ask a teacher. a nice one. lol
[/FONT]

Guest special edward
i give you advice go to school look at the teacher act like you pay attention then bum off other people
smiles

Ah, it's so good to not be a freshmen anymore. Don't worry about it.

Your freshmen year is probably your best year. Just keep your head up and don't make it to obvious that you are a freshmen. Everything will be great, just don't stress to much and don't let time go by to fast.

Have fun! Good Luck!!

I'm going to 10th grade this month. I ranked top 16 out of 600 students;) My bro ranked 6 :( But I am sure to beat him this year.

My phis ed teacher signed me up for cross country without asking me first. I'm pretty pissed off about that. For those about to be freshmen, dont try to act smart even though you are. Teachers will single you out:)