OtakuBoards

So, what'd Santa bring you?

Guest cloricus

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B] Now I have three rides to take care of:a jeep(my favorite), a car(the audi), and a old style beautiful coverett(I named her Precious) oh yeah and a motorcyle that needs the head lights fixed. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's what we named my kitten...I just find that interesting. Of course we only named her Precious because when she was a kitten she had a big old Golum head. Heehee good times good times...Anyhoo what did I get for Christmas? Well a bunch of stuff:

1. 2 Diddles from my dad...(what can I say? I'm a sucker for those cute little German stuffed mice! The King and Queen one to go along with my wizard. God this makes me sound like such a little kid....)
2. from my mom I got a butterfly chair. Yeah one of those chairs that you kinda drap the cloth over. Sorta...yeah well I put it up myself! Yeah!* V for Victory* From these last two gifts you'd never be able to tell I was a tomboy would ya?
3. From my fellow otaku brother, Drew, I got lots of manga! Excel Saga 1&2 AzuManga the manga Diaoh 1&2 and Alice 19th! Yes I even made an attempt to hug him after that. Of course then Doug jumped in too and we ended up probably scarring Drew emotinally if poosible. (Which it isn't What can I say? The boy just don't like hugs from his adorable little sister)
4. Actually Doug should probably be #3 as he is the oldest of my 2 older brothers. But he came home from college for Chrismas so we got to pretend he never left at all. Well anyways he gave me some cds. Yeah...No Doubt Greatest Hits, Linkin Park live in Texas, and um for my own safety I'll keep the last to myself but let me tell ya I've had lots of fun blearing all three cds at volumes not ment for humans to listen to just to annoy the both of them. Yes I'm an annoying, adorable little sister. Be thankful I'm not your sis is all I'm saying.
Then in my stocking I got a new watch! Praise be! I really, [i]really[/i] needed one...yep. Actually I got Alice 19th in my stolking not from Drew my bad. Oh well. I also got some other stuff in there....but I wanna go watch the Simpsons then Pirates of the Caribean(curtisy of Drew) so that's all for now.
Edit: I forgo to put this up earlier but my friends got me some art supplies and I'm awaiting the day when my copic markers come. Now who's ready for round two?!*evil lauhter* Yes the joys of having a birthday 3 days after Christmas..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Mmm, the joys of having three different celebrations of the holiday ...

[b]Celebration with my dad[/b]

- [i]The Evolution[/i] (Planet of the Apes box set, including an extra behind the scenes DVD)
- [i]Labyrinth[/i] (DVD)
- [i]Bloodflowers[/i] - the Cure (CD)
- [i]Heathen[/i] - David Bowie (CD)
- the AFI "I Hate Punk Rock" t-shirt (I have wanted this ever since I first visited the shop on the AFI website o_O) [url=http://www.cinderblock.com/Designs/AFI-158-x.jpg]see it here![/url]
- a guitar stand (for my guitar)
- a $100 gift certificate to a mall (I wonder how many things are at a mall that I would actually consider buying)
- a picture frame with a picture of my Dad and I in it. (my dad got a similar gift)

[b]Celebration with my mom[/b]

- an Ornament (tradition, this one was a pewter guitar ^_^. Really cool looking)
- [i]Static Age[/i] - the Misfits (CD)
- [i]The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars[/i] - David Bowie (CD)
- [i]The Evil Dead[/i] (DVD)
- [i]The Nightmare Before Christmas[/i] (DVD)
- [i]The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring[/i] (DVD)
- [i]The Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers[/i] (DVD)
- [i]Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer[/i] (VHS) ... I do not care what you say, I love this movie, lol.
- [i]The Goonies[/i] (DVD)
- [u]Johnny the Homicidal Maniac: the Director's Cut[/u] - Jhonen Vasquez (book)
- [u]Nausea[/u] - Jean Paul Sartre (book)
- a black hooded sweatshirt

[b]Celebration with my aunt and uncle on my dad's side[/b]

- some black pants
- a box of assorted soft, chalk pastels (Prismacolor)
- a case of 24 Watercolor Colored Pencils (Prismacolor)
- [i]Famous Monsters[/i] - the Misfits (CD)
- [i]House of the Rising Son of a B*tch[/i] - Apocalypse Hoboken (CD)

This, among assorted amounts of different candy.[/size]

Hmm...I may as well post what i recieved.
mp3 player
art supplies
color pencils Prismacolor
and some other nice stuff to go with them
green day tablature book
rage against the machine tab book
money
mall gift certificate

thats it, I don't get as much as others, but I'm sure having fun with what I've got!

[COLOR=darkred]Santa brought me.. lesse
he brought me a lot of art supplies
i.e. drawing book. coloring pencils. other art stuff. pencils. erasers. lots of lead.
a drawing tablet for my comp.
and penguin socks :D now i can say "You rawk meh penguin sawks" XD so spiffy
and some earings...

from my grandma i recieved 100 dollars...
uh..
my uncle i recieved this.. lil chest with a key ^^;

and thats all folks~ [/COLOR]

My brother quoted it "A very Maggie Christmas". Probably because I made my x-mas wishlist in sometime of early november. XD Ahem, anyways:

Inuyasha Boxset Ep. 1-100
Inuyasha the 1st Movie
Haibane Renmei Boxset All Episodes
.hack//SIGN Boxset All episodes
Chobits DVD 1 (I didn't even ask for it O.o)
Best of Inuyasha CD
"The Rising Stars of Manga" Manga
.hack//Legend of the Twilight Manga Vol. 1
How To Draw Manga Vol. 7
PHP Manual
Spark Charts of HTML
Fushigi Yuugi Vol. 2-6
2 Sweaters, one with the number 4 on it. *shrugs*
A Japanese Panda watch from Ebay
A Panda pin
Two pajama clothing (yeah, not much to you, but I only have one pair of pajama's and usual I sleep in my own daily clothing X.x)
Inuyasha Wallscroll
CD and Floppy Disk container that you push to open! w00t!
Weird Al "Poodle Hat" CD
Two Mini Inuyasha collectible figurines of Shippou and Inuyasha with Tessaiga
A Kokopelli Ocarina
Inuyasha Blue T-Shirt
$50 from Grandma
Computer Drawing Pad
CD Cleaner (XP)
Two Think Geek T-shirts: One says Baka in Japanese on the front and baka in leet on the back; The other has simple words that says: "I'm blogging this..." XD

SO yeah, that's what I got. I'm VERY satisfied. And yet, I didn't get my Photoshop.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]--[b]Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind: Perfect Collection[/b] by Hayao Miyazaki [set of four graphic novels]
--[b]Kiki's Delivery Service[/b] [DVD] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Muy Spiffendo, Miss Dagger. I got [b]Castle in the Sky[/b], heh.

Piro- [i]Rudolph, Nightmare before Christmas,[/i][b] and[/b][i] Labyrinth[/i], huh? *laughs* Very spiff.

The oddest gift I received this year was probably a [b]jigsaw puzzle of an Andy Warhol Campbell Soup can.[/b] *laughs softly* Long story short, I did a paper on Warhol for art class this past year, and I think everyone in my family learned a little about him and his work. (No! I didn't complain about it!)

I noted some of the most amusing gifts I received at [url=http://www.myotaku.com/sara]myO[/url]. Because I know you're all just [i]dying[/i] to find out what I got. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]- [i]Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer[/i] (VHS) ... I do not care what you say, I love this movie, lol...[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]*wide grin* that is my most favorite Christmas movie ever. I got it for Christmas last year. ^_^[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Well my dad hasn't had time to go shopping much due to work so my brother and I haven't gotten much yet. He plans to go shopping today. Since my parents are seperating my mom is coming over today with presents, one each. Both my parents are low on money right now also.

Here are the items I have gotten from my dad so far:
-Two Neo action figures, both from Revolutions'. Hehe, that makes 5 Matrix action figures total. ^_^
-I also got a Chobits dvd, I've been wanting this.

From other my Aunt I got an 8 disc cd-rom set on Japanese speaking and such. My dad's friend gave me $25.

My brother got an Armitage: Dual Matrix soundtrack from me, a book about history from my aunt and $25.[/SIZE]

[color=teal]
First of all the best present of all. My Dad is a Reverand (Paster, Preacher etc..) and guess what. He got a raise! :D It's great. My Mum and him went all out on gifts this year. First of all from...

[b]Mum and Dad:[/b]
Pendragon 2: The Lost City of Faar (I desperatly needed this because I've read numbers 1,3+4 but not 2!)
Discman and New headphones (My old ones broke and these one's are even better!)
Guennis(sp?) Book of World Records: 2004 (really cool stuff in there)
Team Canada Jersey (boo ya!)
TML Gym Bag (great for sleepovers!)
Winter Gloves (great for outside)
Silky Shorts (they're so comfortable)
All my stocking stuff

[b]Brother Bryan:[/b]
Pirates of the Carribean (great movie!)

[b]For me and my brother from my Mum and Dad:[/b]
They got us a Jitz (Fooz Ball) Table! It's the state of the art, top of the line! It was built to hold drunk people in bars when they fall down on it. A master peice.

Well that's all for now folks! See ya next time!

-Lrb[/color]

Much appreciated Christmas gifts:

An alarm clock (that will never wake me up)

Two large Lego sets (meh, I'll be done all too soon)

$Money$

An M&M radio......thing.

A USB mini hub. (so I can hook up multiple bits of hardware to my laptop)

A Yu-Gi-Oh Tin (Great, it's Gearfried, the only one I [I]didn't[/I] want....:p)

A box of Mike & Ike's (Whoo! More candy!)

The first Redwall book (I'm looking forward to reading it)

Eragon (another book I'm looking forward to reading)

A Jumpdrive Secure (it's like 100 floppy disks worth of memory in a little keychain)

Pajama pants (mmm...soft and warm)

Three generic t-shirts.

A 5-game set (includes chess, checkers, and backgammon)

Some reflective gear and a small flashing light. (nighttime walks, yay!)

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Falsebound Kingdom (not nearly what I expected, but not too bad)

$40 worth of those golden Sacagawea coins.

A membership to the U.S.F.A. (United States Fencing Association)

And a word game called [I]Wise and Otherwise.[/I] (Sounds like fun; put simply, you're given half of an old adage and you have to write what you think is the correct answer)

I think I received more than that, but as I'm peering around my room I don't see anything else.

So....yeah....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deedlit [/i]
[color=009966](notice the spelling, Ste, [b]though I still say you are at least 10 times more awesome than me. :smooch: ) [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=009966]Stephanie, if you [b]EVER[/b] edit one of my posts ever again......:flaming::bash:

[b]QUIT, STE! :flaming:[/b][/color]

[color=darkblue]Let's see....:

[b][u]From my Co-Workers[/u][/b]

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Booster Box (Cool beans.)
A Fubu wallet
A sterling-silver jewelery box
Hello Kitty diary & stationary kit
SJ Yu Yu Hakusho manga: Vol. 1
Bath set
Sleepy Mouse plushie
Exotic Panda Beanie Baby

[b][u]From my friend's family[/u][/b]

A scarf, hat and glove set
Two sweaters
A suede coat
Cinderella alarm clock
A Victorian-style figurene that winds up and plays "My Favorite Things" from "The Sound of Music" (Love it!)
Jeans
A really nice make-up set
Terry Cotton robe ( ^^ )

[u][b]From the Parents[/b][/u]
Dad: $100
Mom: $50

I feel like I made out like a bandit, lol. I'll be using that stationary kit to be writing a lot of thank you notes here soon. ^^[/color]

[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]I knew what most of my presents would be for Christmas. I bought them together with my mom and little brother beforehand, whom are visiting along with my dad. My mom got me, to my request, Ninja Gaiden (NES), Ninja Gaiden II (NES), Splinter Cell (PS2), and Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space (PS2). With the exception of Gundam, all the games were placed under the tree until Christmas Morning.

My dad bought me two tight Structure t-shirts, and black pants. The attire proved to be attractive for girls, which I didn't mind. My little brother, on the other hand, got me a Ford steering wheel cover for my '01 Mustang.

From my girlfriend, I got a cute necklace that she's worn forever and holds dear. I keep it safe, and even though I was telling her to keep her treasured possession, I hold the gift with infinite value.

On Christmas Eve, we just had dinner at Olive Garden. Since all my family lives in Venezuela, we didn't make a big deal out of Christmas. On Christmas Day, we watched The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Great film, but not as jaw-dropping as The Two Towers, in my opinion.[/color][/font]

[size=1] Santa isn't real
He's a chimeras head
with crayons scribbled on paper lead.

Santa isn't real
He's dead.

Wasn't shot
Wasn't born
Wasn't dead
But died all the same.

Was once a kid
Was once a clown
Once was happy
Once was down
Knew the laughter
Knew the sounds
Santa came
And left me ground.

All the presents were on the tree
Ripest thoughts and ripest dreams
The christmas choir choir out the door
Singing, "O Merry Christmas."
Those whores like a choir.
And Santa's empire.

Wrapped in plastic
Wrapped in paper
And the boxes over my eyes
Cut through the lies.

Told a lie--told a truth
Told nothing but wasteless use

Christmas is about Christ
And there I have no hymn

I cast all these threads
to the abyss.
For Christmas is a waste of time.
A present mediocre--a time not to find.

Families are together
and that is all that sees.
For Santa died long ago
like Fall's leaves.

So die these threads made
For too many is too much
and all in vain.

Ken and I shall shoot them all
And end what was there--
sever is fair
and too many threads
is too many threads.

------

I am so tired of all of these Christmas threads it's not even funny. I think that each year that Christmas comes, James or someone should just make one thread which is on the general topic of anything containing Christmas--and in this thread, all the threads that have become a rancid fist all about this forum shall be therein, and there shall no longer be an inanimate clutter of threads all specificing to the apprehensions and the happenings of Christmas. Christmas honestly doesn't need as many threads as it has in this forum--I mean, it's quite obvious the forum is pretty much overrun with threads all about this one topic--so why not make one general thread? It would be so much more logical, and so much less cluttering this forum.

As for Santa--he is not real. So thus he cannot bring me anything. And what Santa I once had died a few years ago with my realizations of things I'm sure many have come to as well.

As for what I recieved. Here is a brief conning:

A leather, black jacket.
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King video game.
e.e. cummings complete poems 1904-1962.
The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe.
Three H.P. Lovecraft books which have yet to arrive.
Headphones.
$75.

And that is all, and well enough.[/size]

I made off with a pretty good bounty this year, heh.

Crapload of DBZ action figures - My parents still think I love the show...I don't, but the action figures are okay. Entertaining to play around with, heh.

Spider-Man blanket - Nice to use when I'm cold, but not really practical for use at night since it doesn't fit me all the way lol. Still, it's a cool blanket.

My Nintendo Power magazine - My mom saw fit to steal my first issue of Nintendo Power, hide it, and give it to me for Christmas -__- That's what I get for paying for it.

A couple t-shirts - One was a nice USC shirt, commemorating their trip to the Rose Bowl, the other was a nice long-sleeved white shirt (which I actually think I look rather good in o.o).

A wallet - Self explanatory, I hope.

Nirvana: Unplugged in New York - My favorite gift that I received this year. Great, great CD - been listening to it nonstop since yesterday, heh.

Well, I got a few things for Christmas. Some from my mom, brother, my aunt, and cousins; also Santa. (Yes, I still believe!)

I got new Hot Topic pajamas of "Nightmare before Christmas" with Sally in it.

I got a new game of Final Fantasy X-2; along with the book and memory card.

Then, I got the new Alicia Keys album, new stylish lunch box, T-shirt with an animated fairy, a long red shirt, new photo album, heart neckless, and, last but not least, Weather Channel T-shirt with calender. The shirt came from my cousin who use to work at the station.

My brother got Speed Underground and Spawn Armageon PS2. He also has a Fast and Furious car; a collection.

That's all we have now; I think the rest will come soon. Woo...:sweat: That's just too much on my part. The rest....well...I'll just end it here. I'm too tired to remember.:sleep: :sleep:

Wow, alot of you guys get tons of stuff for Christmas, I feel like the poor kid on the block...

I got:

A portable cd player from my parents($30)
A CD player/AM/FM radio/clock from my grandparents($35)
Two shirts that would fit me great if I was 20 years older
Socks
$25 from my aunt and uncle which were promptly spent on:
Frontline Assembly-State of Mind [CD]
Skinny Puppy- The Process [CD]

And my Dad payed a part of the $30 sub-urban BDU's I bought a few days earlier.
So, I pretty much got everything I asked for (Not necesarily everything I wanted *dreams of alienware computer*).

As for the "Santa isn't real" people ::cough::Mitch::cough::, don't you think it was all too obvious that thread starter didn't literally mean Santa? We are all that mature to know Santa is not real, please give us that much.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deedlit [/i]
[B][color=009966]Stephanie, if you [b]EVER[/b] edit one of my posts ever again......:flaming::bash:

[b]QUIT, STE! :flaming:[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, which Stephanie are you talking to? I'm starting to get blammed for something I didn't do. Please tell me; (sorry to sound alittle mean) I don't really know you.:bawl:

As for that Santa isn't real issue; when I woke up Christmas day, my mom went into the kitchen and found that the microwave timer was set to 32 secs. And me, my mom, and my brother who just walked in the living room were the only ones. Can you explain that?????:mad:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia [/i]
[B][size=1]Yes Tony, it feels very good. I think my mom took a picture of me hugging it, so that says enough right there.

I also got a ton of batteries.. but I don't really have anything to use them in. That, and a sewing kit. Yeah, me with a sharp point needle. Great idea.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that picture. It sounds amusing heh.

I'm not even sure why I got the AAs, myself. I mean, I'm always asking for the things and we never have them... but I didn't get one present that uses them. I'm thinking that my mom doesn't realize that the GBA SP is rechargable heh.

Oh well, they'll get used.

[color=indigo]Well, I guess I'll list off what I got. I didn't get too many actual packages, but I'm extremely happy with what was in them.

1. VIA computer motherboard
2. Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz CPU
3. 256 MB stick of DDR-SDRAM
4. Nvidia FX 5200 graphics card
5. PC case and power supply

And that's it, except for a few stalking stuffers such as a new pair of headphones, some AAA batteries, and a huge bag of Hershey's Kisses. But, like I said, I'm extremely happy with those five things. I can now play pretty much any PC game I want. ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stephanie Ayler [/i]
[B]Ok, which Stephanie are you talking to? I'm starting to get blammed for something I didn't do. Please tell me; (sorry to sound alittle mean) I don't really know you.:bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=009966]Not you! XD I'm sorry, I guess I should've been more specific. I was referring to my sister Amibasuki, also named Stephanie. Lately she's found it highly amusing to take advantage of my account and edit my posts. :shifty:

sorry for any confusion. :)[/color]

[color=royalblue]let me think for a minute....

[B][u]from older bros[/u][/b]

Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

A big painting set thingy

100 bucks

[b][u]from santa *wink wink*[/b][/u]

Lord Of The Rings: Risk

A leather men pocket tool

Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King (for gamecube)

A few hoodys

a bunch of other shirts

and 50 bucks

I was kinda surprised I got that much because I have 6 other brothers and sisters. I usully dont get a whole lot for chirstmas since my mom foceses on the little kids. I think I made out really good this year.:D [/color]

This christmas i really didn't get that much, seeing as how i never really wanted anything...but what i got i wouldn't trade!!
I got a GameCube system with the little disk that has four Zelda game on it! *jumps up and down for Link* I just love all the Zelda games, and that really made my day, seeing as how i can't even get to my N64 anymore..

And i also got a Digital Camera, and it's really cool. You can even make a movie with it, and it play MP3, and all kinds of neat little stuff. I think i took at least 50 pictures on Chirstmas day! i was just having too much fun!

And then i got LOTR Trival Pursuit. I rock at that game! He he! Take that older brother!!!

[color=blue][size=1]Well, this Christmas I got a lot of clothes. Why does everyone think a girl needs clothes? I leave my house to go shopping once every three months!!!

Anywayz, to answer the ALL IMPORTANT question, I got zip from Santa this year. My parents kneeled down and begged me to forgive them for lying!!!!!!

Has anyone else had their parents admit the truth about the ole fat man in red?

I feel lonely... *curls up in a ball and rocks back and forth*[/color][/size]