Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Do you believe in God?

I never was raised w/ a religion and I can't say I do and I can't say I don't. Because I don't know. But my thoughts are as follows...

Before we get to that, I must say this one thing, I do not hate God. I do not hate anyone who believes in God. Many of my friends believe in God. Many of them also believe in the theory of evolution. But I just want it known that I do not hate anyone who believes in God.

God is merely a figment of the imagination created to fool the sub-concious into believing that we are anything BUT in control of our own lives. To me, God was created by a thought so that we could all sleep better at night believing that someone else is in control of our lives. Er go, if something bad happened, it wasn't our faults. It was God. And, the gods and myth's etc. were told to explain the currently inexplainable. One day we will be able to scientifically explain all the things we can't now. But until then, God is the answer for most.

Also, the idea of God has always sorta bothered me. Not in a bad way but I'm the idiot who'd go around asking dumbass questions no one can answer such as..

Where is heaven? How come everyone looks for heaven but nobody looks for hell? Is going to hell REALLY that bad? Eternal torture right.. well... wouldn't you think that eventually you'd get used to the pain? Is God a man? What does god look like? Why Mary? How come God doesn't have a name?

So anyways... I created this thread b/c I want to know your thoughts. Please be mature!
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[b][color=indigo][size=1]
Yes, i do believe in God..Very much...
Yes, I do think abotu questions like that. Yes some of them cannot be answered. It is all about faith. You gotta have faith and believe and you just know that he is there watching over you. I do respect other people that have other religions, because they have the right to have their own religion. You just gotta have faith and believe that he is there...[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[color=deeppink]I believe in God...or some sort of higher power. And let me say ahead of time that if this topic wears itself out with negativity and people being rude to others, I will personally close it.[/color]
Posted
Ah no you wouldn't BabyGirl!

I would ;)

That's not what I want this thread to be about, I want it to be quite the oppostie, a sharing of opinions in a sophisticated, mature way, rather than being rude.
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]I'm Lutheran. And although I will hold to that as long as I live, there [i]have been, are, and always will be[/i] a lot of things I have questions about. [/FONT]
Posted
Hmm, well i believe in God, im a Roman Catholic, so i go to CCD, and stuff.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]I believe in god...i also believe what you said is boloney....MMmmm, boloney. uhidhbcgfybfcgyrnfc. Please excuse me..... [/B][/QUOTE]

It's spelled Bologna.

Anyway, God - yes, religion - no
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Yes, I believe in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible....I'm Catholic Christian but what I don't like is how there's so many denominations out there with conflicting beliefs and interpretations in the same god![/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B][b][color=indigo][size=1]
Yes, i do believe in God..Very much...
Yes, I do think abotu questions like that. Yes some of them cannot be answered. It is all about faith. You gotta have faith and believe and you just know that he is there watching over you. I do respect other people that have other religions, because they have the right to have their own religion. You just gotta have faith and believe that he is there...[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]I agree with you,Noodelz.I do believe in God.But I also have many questions that are unanswered and it makes me think about God.Oh well.:)[/COLOR]
Posted
While there are also so many questions that I have that will never be answered, I believe in God. He has helped me through many a bleak situation. I find strength through Him, and although I sometimes doubt myself, I will alway believe in Him.
Posted
[color=purple][size=1]I believed in God. I'm not sure about Catholic and Christianity. Christianity is Protestant (I think)Both believed in Jesus Christ, but there's some difference [/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I've been wondering about this for a long time...what are the differences between Catholics and "non-denomonational" Christians?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Catholicism IS Christianity, but they're more strict, worship the Virigin Mary more so than Jesus, believe that Mary was the immaculate birth rather than Jesus, they have more books in their Bible than other denominations...basically just a much more traditional religion.

They worship the same God as all Christians, they just have their differences, as do all other denominations. I think that you're confused about the fact that Catholics ARE Christians...because they are...[/color]
Posted
well, i have to say this about Episcapalians (god i don't even know how to spell it), I used to be one, and that has to be the laziest faction of christianity ever. you don't have to do anything outside of Sunday.
Posted
god does have a name.. jehovah, allah, krishna, maya... it's all the same being. every religion worships the same god, only w/ different names.

god is real. i have studed science & believe it proves the existance of god. some things are unexplainable w/out the intervention of some higher power. but, my idea of "god" is a higher life form, & surely those must exist.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]god is real. i have studed science & believe it proves the existance of god. some things are unexplainable w/out the intervention of some higher power. but, my idea of "god" is a higher life form, & surely those must exist. [/B][/QUOTE]

There is NO proof of God's existance. Just unexplained things. Like how the world was made, etc... doesn't mean there is god, just unexplained... you don't know, God isn't always the obvious answer.

The one thing I don't get..... Why are there so many different religions that worship only one God.... kinda makes it all sound pretty stupid to me... Did God tell you all to worship him differently? I mean what? Is he playing some funny joke to make you all look like pathetic fools? God told you to call him 3,000 different names, have 300 books, and has said beyond imaginable things to many different people...

Why do we have religions?.... Why can't you just believe in God and leave it at that.... I don't think God cares, as long as you believe in him....

Sorry, I just find it funny that so many different things and one god... Someone must have made it all up except the one right one... who knows which one is the right one, for all you know, YOU could be the false believer.... and you'll never know.... some mind candy for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...