OtakuBoards

Rate the Sig Above You

Shi no Tenshi

[QUOTE=xXxiTaChixXx][COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=4]your avatar is ok, simple - 7.5/10[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]:toothy:

[B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]I don't like your signature. Why would you put a person holding a red ball? - 4.5/10[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]:nono:[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7982/bacon2lk.jpg[/IMG]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as you've already ahd your rated I'll do xXxiTaChixXx's

I like the idea of the sig, not too sre about the render on the left side with low opacity, but I like the concept and general design.
I'd give it a 6/10.
Improvments - Text could be better, but it does work as it is.

[QUOTE=xXxiTaChixXx][COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=4]your avatar is ok, simple - 7.5/10[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]:toothy:

[B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]I don't like your signature. Why would you put a person holding a red ball? - 4.5/10[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]:nono:[/QUOTE]
[size=1]xXxiTaChixXx, please offer reasons why you don't like it, as well as [i]ways it can be improved[/i]. Cutting down someone's signature is not only rude, but unhelpful to the artist. Please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52171][b]Art Studio Rules[/b][/url] so that you understand how things work around here, as well as the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php][b]Official OtakuBoards Rules[/b][/url] for our policy on post quality.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

---

As for you, Satoru, I really love your banner. The integration of your stock into the abstract is really top-notch. The only things I'd change would be to reposition the japanese to read horizontally underneath "Jessica Alba," and I'd also make "Jessica Alba" more prominent.[/size]

Let's hope you don't change anything in the time I post this, lol.

I really like the font in your sig, plus the little quote underneath. I'm not sure what it may mean, but I like it. The av is very nice too, simple but creative. I like how they have an abstract feel to them. The next thing I want to ask is if you made these yourself, and what they mean or stand for...
8/10

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]Let's hope you don't change anything in the time I post this, lol.

I really like the font in your sig, plus the little quote underneath. I'm not sure what it may mean, but I like it. The av is very nice too, simple but creative. I like how they have an abstract feel to them. The next thing I want to ask is if you made these yourself, and what they mean or stand for...
8/10[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Note: Whomever is going to reply next, please skip over this post and critique KatanaViolet.

Well, thank you for liking my signature. To be honest, the banner and avatar don't mean much -- they were what I was feeling like saturday afternoon. The set arose out of a bunch of dopamine. I felt pink, so I made pink. The "004" is my favorite number, and the re[squared] is just the beginning of my name "Retribution" with an interesting number next to it. It reminded me of chemistry, but that doesn't really matter.

The quote refers to my feelings towards a girl, and I think from that point on its pretty much self-explanatory. I hope all that made sense.[/size]

[COLOR=#656446][quote name='Retribution][size=1']Note: Whomever is going to reply next, please skip over this post and critique KatanaViolet.[/size][/quote]Dammit.

+=+=+=-=+=+=+

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Skababe18/cherryblossoms3.jpg[/IMG]

I've always liked this banner 'cause the color scheme of the background is something I've yet to successfully duplicate. The blending of them blues, violets and pinks is such that even if the colors are rather saturated, they don't clash with each other.

The only thing I am not too fond of is that character in the left part (from Fafner, yes?). The grainy edges are mismatched to the background and the picture doesn't complement the rest of the banner color-wise. Perhaps you should set the Tolerance level of the Magic Wand (assuming you're using PS7/CS/CS2) to a lower number and the brightness and contrast up a notch.

[b]7.5/10[/b][/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Delta:[/B] You never cease to amaze me with all the wonderful avatar and bannersets that you make. I really like the cool guy smoking in the avatar. The blacks and oranges really stand out and it makes it very outstanding. Even though your banner doesn't really match the avatar, it's just as good. The grey's and white's blend in with the picture. I also like the saying, too. Do you live in some sort of division? XD

Anyways, good job with the banner/avatar set. I hope that you can make me a set sometime. n.<

9.5/10

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=1]I rather like the set you've got going this time, KW, mainly because of the red you've used. Even though I'm not a huge FMA fan, I like the picture of Edward you used, and the cropping has been done very nicely. The only thing I'd suggest, though it really isn't necessary, would be to bring in some yellow to the banner. Seeing as it's a big part of Edward's overall colour scheme, it would make the banner's background seem more interesting and fitting with the stock.

I give you a 7/10 ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]It's rather scratchy all over. If you're going to fix it, smooth it out a bit. But it's Itachi so I can forgive you XD the simplicity of the colors are really nice and the fact that your sig and avatar match is nice.

I give you a 8/10[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Gaara Kun:[/B] I'm really feeling your Sasuke banner... is it Sasuke or Itachi? You can never really tell eye-wise... O.o; Anyways, I like the green and the different textures and things you did to it, but maybe, I suggest, you should use some blacks, blues or reds, just to kind of go with the eye colors or Sasuke's overall scheme. I really love it tho. n.n

The avatar is good, but maybe you could make the font a little bit bigger so that people don't have to squint their eyes and put it next to the screen... that could really hurt. o.o Like the picture of Gaara, tho. Sexh Gaara with an "eh". Rwar... X3

8.5/10

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

8/10 for the sig, what anime is it from??
I really like how it fades out, and the quote underneath is very nice. Where did you get the quote from, a song perhaps?
Personally I like the sig better than the av, but don't ask me why... for some reason it just looks better as a sig.
Nicely done.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]Katana Violet:[/B] 7/10 for the signature. To me, the whole thing isn't working out all that well. First of all, the font for your username on the banner: it just isn't working well with the picture. The colors for it match, but I think that you should try to experiment with other different fonts to see what you can come up with. It might be very interesting. n.n Second: The Fafner picture (good anime, by the way. >.o) isn't really... cut out that well. You can still see a little bit of the picture's original background and the edges are kind of rugged. Try to brush it down a little more so that you can get a nicer and cleaner edge. I really like the flower background for it, by the way. Nice. n.n

I also give the avi a 8.5/10. It's not too exciting, but I really like the girl brushing her hair to the back. Gotta love Gundam Seed, eh?

All around: 8/10. Sure it seems that I'm mean, but this is only my view. I'm just trying to help you out. n.n

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Indigo]First of all, I <3 your avatar. I think that it looks really cool with the filters and the overall tone with the character.

As for your banner, I hate the repitition. Perhaps put a different Kingdom Hearts character instead of him again? I love the icon on the right side of the banner though. I also feel that you should make the character in your banner stand out more instead of it just 'blending in'

6.5/10[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]7.5/10 I REALLY love yor avi because the fact that it's Gackt. >_< Gotta love him. haha. The sig is a little pixely, but that might have to do with the small size. But imo, I think the sig is missing something...a something I can't really name....[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo]Nice Avatar Shinjitsu ! A blue that matches with narutos rasengan.. It even has a bit of shadow to the pic, not to mention that it displays the characters emotion.. 8½/10

And your sig... Not much difference from the avatar but good use of words and font so.. 8/10..Awesome work![/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple][B]Anime_Dark:[/B] 6/10. I really like the picture for your sig and how you placed it, but it looks really uneventful.. all white and blank... o.o; I suggest that you should add some colors and designs that would make the picture stick out... and maybe add a little text... yeah, that would make it cool. n.n

For your avi, 5/10. Is that picture really a wallpaper? Because the way it looks smal and stretched makes it seem like it. Maybe you should just crop out the part that you like or something... I mean, I have to squint my eyes to tell that it's actually Ichigo... or something small and orange... I think... >.<;

Overall: 5.5/10[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=slategray][I]Keyblade Wielder:[/I] For your banner I give a 6.5/10. The thing is, the right side of it looks fine, but the left side is where it gets too sharp and disoriented. That neon hot pink isn't too easy on the eyes, either. I'm perfectly fine with the image and the way that is blended with the colors, actually, that was done rather well. The font and such is just what gets to me. It's not as smooth as it could be, and the some of the colors could be toned down just a bit. Otherwise, it would have been really nice.

For the avatar, [I]much[/I] better. I give it an 8.5/10. It is so much smoother, and the colors compliment each other so much better, doesn't give me the feeling that I need to wince when looking at it. Very pretty.

In all, it's about a 7.5/10.[/color][/size]

For reference, my set is only a joke, so I just got lazy and treated it as such. So that's why it's ugly. :P
[b]
Lix: [/b]9/10. I suppose there's not a whole lot to critique here, but I would've used something other than black for the lines and text in the sig. It was cropped well, though, and all the other elements worked too.

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Haha, John. Nice.

If you have read the thread, then it's [i]very[/i] amusing. Especially the eBay part. Your reaction to that post was very similiar to my own methinks. Like "...[i]wha[/i]?"

Anyways, the banner is very nice... but it's a bit blurry in certain parts. There is also that evil red x to the left of it (which my only be on my computer).

Your whole signature matches (aswell as your avatar) and so I'm giving you a 8/10.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]Most favorable. I get to rate White's sig. Bohahaha!

The leafy background alone merits you a good 5 points in my book. I love the colors (odd, but still nature-y) and because you didn't make 'em all the same size (re: leaves), you get another point. You used the right effects for the text and the shameless self-promotion brings the score to [b]9/10[/b]. ;P

Congratulations, Chief.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1]I really like the brushes and the image but try not to have the scanlines over the stock. It takes away some of the effect from the image itself. The avi and banner matchs very well, as if it were the same picture but from different angles. great job. 8.5/10 :)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Your banner and avatar match without being too similar. The violet and pink complement each other, and I love the simplicity of the branch in your banner. The picture of Athrun(?) seems a little too gray and the texture of the pic doesn't match the rest of the banner as well as it could, but it still fits together nicely. Lovely set, 8.5/10.