Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • 2 years later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
"An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." - Have no idea.

This might be ofensive to all religious people, sorry.

"Cathlic church sucks, all religion is fake, and all ministers are kid touchers." - Me, 6 days ago talking to my friend about me going to hell 1,665,324 times over for laughing at Jews being thrown into pits. The only reason I laughed was because the Jews being thrown reminded me of half life 2. I'm most likely going to hell, if there was one! Hahahahahahahahahahah!
Posted
[quote name='botar15']"An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." - Have no idea.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Exodus 21:23?27

Personally I prefer Gandhi's "An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind".[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='botar15']"An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." - Have no idea.[/QUOTE]

That was part of Hamurabi's Code. Hamurabi was some ancient Babylonian ruler. Yeah, I still remember that from 6th grade!:animesmil
Posted
[quote name='botar15']"An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." - Have no idea.

This might be ofensive to all religious people, sorry.

"Cathlic church sucks, all religion is fake, and all ministers are kid touchers." - Me, 6 days ago talking to my friend about me going to hell 1,665,324 times over for laughing at Jews being thrown into pits. The only reason I laughed was because the Jews being thrown reminded me of half life 2. I'm most likely going to hell, if there was one! Hahahahahahahahahahah![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]First one's being taken totally out of context of you're quoting the Bible. As for Hammurabi, if I remember correctly, he was one of the earliest rulers of Babylon. Most of what I've read of his code seems to indicate that he liked thinking up excuses for having people put to death, so he probably meant it like it sounds. Personally, I'm siding with Korey, since I like the more passive version of this one.

As for the second, all I'm going to say is I really hope you don't actually "live by" gross and offensive generalizations.;)[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='botar15']"An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." - Have no idea.
[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]Actually, as Ace said, that is taken out of context from the Bible. The most common reference is actually Matthew 5:38-42.

You have heard that it was said, [B]Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth[/B]. But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.



The same phrase also appears in Exodus, as Gavin said, however it is a bit more obscure and irrelevant to everyday life.

If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman's husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, [B]eye for eye, tooth for tooth[/B], hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Well, I'm not sure if mines really a quote but I say it all the time.
"The world is run by idiots."
I don't why i say it. I guess couse most people around me are idiots. But not anyone on here! Your all WAY smarter then me!:D
Posted
[FONT="Garamond"][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/StaticAnonymity/1236921420813.jpg[/IMG]

This is mine. Um. It's really deep. And meaningful. And stuff.

Thanks, Courage Wolf.[/FONT]
Posted
My quote that I find important is my custom title because it's utterly true.
[INDENT]Without music, life is a mistake.[/INDENT]
I can do without a lot of things, but I'd rather not do without music.
Posted
One of my favorite quotes from Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer:

Rainbow Brite: Starlite, quick!
Starlite: I will [I][B]not[/B][/I] wear booties!!
On-X: Better than falling down.
Starlite: [I][neighs in annoyance][/I] Ooh, my poor dignity.
Posted
there are a few quotes i just love they are :

"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn?t supposed to let us down probably will. You?ll have you heart broken probably more than once, and its harder every time. You?ll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when someone broke yours. You?ll fight with your best friend and maybe even fall in love with then. You?ll blame a new love for things an old one did. You?ll cry because time is passing too fast and you?ll eventually loose someone close to you. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you?ve never been hurt. Because every 60 seconds you spend angry or upset is a minutes of happiness you?ll never get back."

"Fall in love or fall in hate, get inspired or be depressed, ace a test or flunk a class, speak the truth or lie and cheat, dance on a table or sit in a corner, make art or make trouble, start a change or start a fight , life is divine chaos. Embrace it and forgive yourself. Breathe, life is a ride. Enjoy it."

"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I?m not perfect - and I don?t live to be, but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean. "

"I rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I?m not. "

they are just so inperational :whoops:

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']My quote that I find important is my custom title because it's utterly true.
[INDENT]Without music, life is a mistake.[/INDENT]
I can do without a lot of things, but I'd rather not do without music.[/QUOTE]

very very very true. i have no idea what i would do if i didnt have music in my life :]
Posted
"There are lots of reasons Miss. Maudie can't serve on a jury because she is a women." Atticus from To Kill A Mockingbird.

"Be peacful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hands on you, send him to the cemetery." Malcom X Speaks - 1965
Posted
I have two that I go after

"In dreams and in life, nothing is impossible" - From a fortune cookie.
To me it means, if I try I can do almost anything.

"Hakuna Matata" - Timon and Pumbaa
To me it means, take it easy :3
Posted
[CENTER][I]"Don't worry, be happy." - Bobby McFerrin[/I][/CENTER]


Really, it means that I should just be happy all the time; even when something bad happens. :catgirl:
Posted
[B]"Before you can be old and wise, you have to be young and stupid"[/B]

I believe this is true to the teeth, everyone makes mistakes when their young and learning. Before we can be wise, we must have had to made mistakes and learned from them eventually.
Posted
[I][SIZE="4"]"Life is **** and you have to look it in the eye." [/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]- Kele Okereke from Bloc Party.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[color=deeppink]I don't exactly live by any quote, but there is one that's pretty neat and sums up one of my stronger beliefs.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who said it or what was actually said. So, to paraphrase...

Far too often do we mistake quotes for proof.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...