OtakuBoards

Your Most Recent CD Purchase?

2010DigitalBoy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]I posted in this topic earlier, but now my most recent purchase is Angels and Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper.

To be honest, this is one of the best CD's I've ever heard, which by the way, says very little considering my very small musical experience. Regardless, I have never heard more captivating melodies than these. A combination of the synthy + vocals + modern rock, brilliant lyrics. I've listened to this CD more than any other in the few weeks I've had it, and I can't believe that I'm not sick of every song on it yet. Their music is awe-inspiring.

~Ryo[/size]

Oh, perfect timin.

Incubus- A crow left of the murder.
Heard about them from a friend of mine. Not exactly hard, but i liked the guitarist and the vocals are in a tone i can only match to a few bands.

Underoath- Define the great line
I really liked their first album, and i just got more of it here!

Panic at the disco- A fever you cant sweat out
original, somewhat. 's what i like about em, and this album.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]A Manual Dexterity Soundtrack Volume 1[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Omar A Rodriquez-Lopez [/COLOR] - Part one of the soundtrack to Omar's movie, which has been 'postponed indefinetally'. It's pretty damn cool, featuring 100% musical numbers asde from the last song and all great music. Mostly is has a sort of blues guitar focus, but there's some salsa like stuff in there too. It's great, and really out there.

Let's see. The last time I bought CDs, I got three of them which would be Here for the Party: Gretchen Wilson, All Jacked Up: Gretchen Wilson, and 20 Best 90's Hits: The Starlite Singers. Yeah, it was only two weeks ago and the 90's one has been lost for the last week.

I like Here For the Party better than Gretchen's newest one. There are more songs on it that I like and I can pick out my mood for the moment, mellow, hype, or upset. :animesmil

The 90's CD was ok too but I only heard like 4 songs. That's not fair. Toni Braxton's Unbreak My Heart was really good! It almost sounded exactlky like her.

[QUOTE=Sloth Girl]
I like Here For the Party better than Gretchen's newest one. There are more songs on it that I like and I can pick out my mood for the moment, mellow, hype, or upset. :animesmil

[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I have to disagree about that. I have both Gretchen WIlson CDs too and I like All Jacked up better than Here for the Party. Of course that could be because I really like her song California Girls and Politically uncorrect seems like it has a line written just for me.

Here for the Party is good and everything and it has songs that you can dance to, but I found myself skipping through a lot of the songs on there... even though Hiomewrecker would be a theme song of choice at times.

So yeah I like All Jacked Up a lot better I listen to more of the songs and sing a long to more of them too.[/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I have to disagree about that. I have both Gretchen WIlson CDs too and I like All Jacked up better than Here for the Party. Of course that could be because I really like her song California Girls and Politically uncorrect seems like it has a line written just for me.[/color'][/font][/quote]
I guess it all depends on what kind of style you're into. I don't really like Politically Uncorrect that much. It's not my thing. I can't really get into any of the songs from that CD, so maybe it's just what I do and don't like.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Well it may be the middle of summer, but one of my friends recommended the Mannheim Steamroller- Christmas album and I just got it in the mail the other day from Amazon.

[URL=http://img468.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mskj3.jpg][IMG]http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4049/mskj3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It involves a blend of Renaissance-flavored moods and instrumentation (strings, harpsichord, flute, French horn) intertwined with polite pop instrumental music. So if you like that type of sound, then this is definitely the album for you.

I've enjoyed it so much that I plan on getting the rest of the albums they have done for Christmas music.[/COLOR]

I just bought a couple CDs within a few days of each other. One is a greatest hits compilation for Tower of Power, and the other is The Flaming Lips' [i]At War with the Mystics[/i]. I'd never heard any Flaming Lips before, so it was a pretty neat surprise to find myself listening to the album almost nonstop for the past few days. Alt rock has always been this unexpected little niche I'm able to fit into.

And Tower of Power is just awesome any way you look at it.

[size=1]My most recent CD purchase was just today as I had this ?10 coupon I could only use on Cd's or DVDs. I spent it on Muse - Hullabaloo. Mostly for the B side songs on the first CD, but the live songs on the second CD are a nice thing to have too. Now I need to get Black Holes and Revelations so my collection is complete.

I was planning to spend the coupon on Franz Ferdinand singles, just for the B-sides, but I couldn't find any in the shop I was looking. I'd have to go to those scary stores in some dark back alley, which I was too lazy for.[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]My most recent CD purchase was just today as I had this ?10 coupon I could only use on Cd's or DVDs. I spent it on Muse - Hullabaloo. Mostly for the B side songs on the first CD, but the live songs on the second CD are a nice thing to have too. Now I need to get Black Holes and Revelations so my collection is complete.

I was planning to spend the coupon on Franz Ferdinand singles, just for the B-sides, but I couldn't find any in the shop I was looking. I'd have to go to those scary stores in some dark back alley, which I was too lazy for.[/size][/QUOTE]

I absolutly LOVE Muse. I just bought Blackholes and Revalations myself. Its a bit different from thier previous albums, but still a masterpiece.

[B] Attacker - The Unknown: [/B] I am not a big fan of Metall that comes from the years of 2000-06. But this is the first time I bought a CD that was released on 2006. I have their past Cds in the 1980s era. In my opinion, this band hasn't lost its touch in music.

[B] Death - Screaming Bloody Gore: [/B] Well I had to buy this Cd again because it practically got run over by a car when I fell down and as laying down on the street. But wha ti can say about this if that if you love lyrics that talks about torture, kill, and lust of blood, I recommend you this Cd!

• 2 weeks later...
My most recent CD purhcase was little over a month ago and was a L'Arc-en-Ciel CD I had found while browsing at AFO.

The CD was one I had been dying to get, but it really isn't the type of CD I would be willing to have on all the time. The only song I seemed attatched to was Ready, Steady, Go. Maybe I need to listen to it again... after I get tear myself away from the High and Mighty Color cd.

WTF?
I posted in here didn't I? :animeswea
...can't seem to find it...
:animeangr
anyway,if I didn't post here already,FLCL official soundtrack #1.
I bought the 3rd 5 months ago,now I just need #2.
it's hard to find though,seeing as FLCL is hard to find merchandise for...

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I have recently purchased both Texhnolyze soundtracks, due to my adoration of the series and its music, but I shall mention only one (you have to look for the other on your own).

Here it is - [URL=http://www.e-anime.com/013023522725.html][COLOR=Navy]Texhnolyze OST 1: Music Only Music But Music[/COLOR][/URL]

It is a very wondrous and imaginative mix of techno and instrumental music, and I, for one, am happy to have purchased it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Two days ago I bought the Spirited Away soundtrack online. This is because I really like that song "Always With Me" that comes at the end, and unfortunately it's impossible to buy just that song individually online...

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay everyone please don't point and laugh. Though asking questions is greatly encouraged. I finally got my car back on the road Wednesday so yesturday after work I went out and bought the PussyCat Dolls CD PCD.

Why did I do that? Because I like the song Buttons. It so fits this guy I've been talking to at work. He keeps saying he's going to do something and never does. Now if only I knew what the hell Fronting meant.

But even though I have no idea what fronting means I've been blasting track five since last night.[/color][/font]

[size=1][color=DimGray][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][/color][/size][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy']Okay everyone please don't point and laugh.[/quote][/font][/color]
[size=1][color=DimGray]
Oh, not only am I pointing, but I'm also laughing.

My recent "CD" purchase would have to be an un-opened 12" copy of [b]Critical Beatdown[/b] by [b]The Ultramagnetic MC's[/b] (12" means vinyl, kiddos).

In my opinion, Critical Beatdown is the single best hip hop album of all time. It truly is. I'm still waiting to recieve it, though, seeing as how I bought it off of eBay.

Good ol' eBay.

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray][/font][/color]
[size=1][color=DimGray]
Oh, not only am I pointing, but I'm also laughing.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Sigh, I just can't win. I come on here admitting that I bought a poppy R&B CD of a group that has an act in Las Vegas and someone laughs.

I go to work and play my country music in my car during lunch and my guy friend gives me odd looks.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic]Does music from AllofMp3 count? Because if not, I haven't bought any music in almost a year.

But my most recent album purchase (from a store) is Maroon 5's [i]Songs About Jane[/i]. My most recent purchase from AllofMp3 (I did pay for it, mind) was Audioslave's [i]Revelations[/i].

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/lovelylunai/signature%20smilies/_introduction__by_darkmoon3636.gif[/IMG]Caitlin[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Sienna]I recently purchased a new CD from collection from the local bluesy-jazzy record store in town.

The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - As far as I'm concerned, SRV is the greatest blues guitarist to ever live. Better than Claptaon, better than Hendrix, better than Vai, he's the best. The Essential collection is pretty much what it ounsds like; two discs of SRV's best. From Texas Flood to Couldn't Stand The Weather to Pride And Joy, even an 11-minute live cover of Hendrix's Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), it rocks absolutely. Definatly a must-have collection for anyone into bluesy rock music.

Why do the best musicians always die in a flying accident? Stan Rogers, the good parts of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughn... It's not fair :([/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1]My most recent purchase is one of my favorite cd's of all time. I had the crappy files I downloaded from it for about a year, but it took me forever to get the actual cd. When I finally heard it in perfect quality, I was stunned.

Drive Like Jehu - Yank Crime

That's right. Even the guys in Tool look up to them. This is the best Post-Hardcore band out there, and one of the ones that perfected the genre. Anyone who liked Anthony Green's work in Saosin will love Rick Froberg's voice in DLJ. Anyone into modern progressive rock or hardcore music, like Hot Cross, Cinemechanica, Mars Volta, etc will most likely wet themselves over Rick and John Reis' double guitar assault.

If I have a fault with it, some of the songs are a little too epic, "Do You Compute" is just boring and skippable to me. Also, there's not much at all to the pacakging. It's a font-back sheet of card stock with an ink drawing on the front and some band information scrawled on the back. The cd holder itself is black, with nothing going on behind it. Meh.

Overall, it's a great cd, and was worth the $14 I paid to get it. ^^;[/font][/size]

[size=1]Oh dear god. I don't know what I have been missing. Last weekend a friend and I went to the local music shop and checked some music out. I finally decided to look a little into Dead Kennedys and was not dissapointed in the least.
I bought their album: [i]Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death[/i]

Hardcore punk, rocks my socks now![/size]