Shy Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [center][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/scavengerhunt2.jpg[/img][/center] [size=1]Welcome to [b][COLOR=royalblue]The Great OtakuBoards Scavenger Hunt![/COLOR][/b] This is the first of several events to keep members entertained throughout the summer, and hopefully it will do just that. First and foremost this event is a scavenger hunt in every sense of the word. Each week I will post a new set of riddles/clues, and it is up to the members to figure out the answers to these riddles and post them in this thread. The goal here is to find certain members, threads, and things on OtakuBoards.com. Be sure to keep that 'Search' feature nearby, because nearly anything on the site can be the answer to a riddle, from fonts to smileys to banned members. Also, anyone can participate -- staff members, too! Although I may post as many as ten riddles each week, members are only allowed to provide the answers to [b]one[/b] of them. By being the first member to post a correct answer to one of the riddles you will earn a single point on the [b]scoreboard[/b]. At the end of the event, the member who receives the most points will win a special mystery prize. Remember that only the first correct answer counts, so if someone answers the riddle correctly before you do, you need to try and answer a [i]different[/i] one before its too late. At the start of each week a new set of riddles will be posted, as will the answers to the previous week's riddles. [b]When posting the answer to a riddle, please post the number of the riddle you are attempting to answer. Answers without a number will be ignored![/b] Members won't know if their guess was correct or not until the end of the week![center][size=3][b]Week 1[/b][/size][/center] [b]#1[/b] [indent][i]I am usually very round, sometimes I bounce around. I'm found in a lot of posts, not that I like to boast.[/i][/indent] [b]#2[/b] [indent][i]Lazy, Well dressed, and daily.[/i][/indent] [b]#3[/b] [indent][i]Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/i][/indent] [b]#4[/b] [indent][i]Thanks to me, I made the forums Safer[/i][/indent] [b]#5[/b][i] [indent]Normally you only see people using me in The Arena, but I am all over the internet. For some people, I'm hard to understand. For others, I make internet life easier.[/indent][/i] [b]#6[/b][i] [indent]Not as popular as my counterpart, I try to make up for that with beauty and grace. My colour may be a little more fierce, but my characters are much more gentle.[/indent][/i] [b]#7[/b][i] [indent]A catchphrase, Repeated endlessly, by a man who has done it all, and seen more.[/indent][/i] [b]#8[/b][i] [indent]Learn about famous artists in our little Tokyo. How can it be overlooked so when it has been stuck up there for years?[/indent][/i] [b]#9[/b][i] [indent]This instrument So often used, Held by a chosen few, So rarely abused.[/indent][/i] [b]#10[/b][i] [indent]A thread for a site whose fame and resources Eclipse our own. Can you connect the dots?[/indent][/i] So get posting kids, you have seven days to figure out the answers until the next set of riddles goes up. Good luck! -Shy PS: Special thanks to [b]White[/b] for being the mastermind behind this Community Event, and [b]Retribution[/b] for (as usual) supplying some masterful artwork.[/size]
Ikillion Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha, I have to admit that such an idea was, although rather simple, pretty fun and intresting to play. I tip my imaginary hat two you all for such an idea. Yet for #8 that can only be Lady Katana's [B]Mangaka Corner[/B]. I think thats how I do it yeah? EDIT: Nomura, my name only has one k >.>;[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Nomurah! Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [B]Sigh* Well if I understand this...correctly...I'll go with #2. I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I think the answer to number two is Slackers in Slacks? [/B] [B]EDIT: Oy Ikklioni, good one, lol...I just noticed...The corner has been stuck there for years....never ever really looked at that much... :animeswea [/B] [I]EDIT NUMBER 2: Crap...can't type...Ikkilion* :animeswea :animesmil [/I]
DeadSeraphim Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]#6 is the Geisha skin.[/font][/color][/size]
Kitty Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [SIZE=1]I'm just going to guess, though this looks like a really cool idea. Thanks to White for advertising. xP [b]#3[/b]: I'll say the Jukebox.[/SIZE]
Esther Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think #5 is HTML. I'm not exactly sure, but I think that's the answer. ^^[/FONT]
Jokopoko Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [color=teal][size=1]Right then, lets have a crack at it: #7 A catchphrase, Repeated endlessly, by a man who has done it all, and seen more. [b]Gavin - "Interesting, most interesting."[/b] Curse the one guess per post ^_~[/size][/color]
Shy Posted July 6, 2006 Author Posted July 6, 2006 [size=1]Everyone is posting in the correct format, but please don't quote the entire bulk of my post in your replies. Anyway, our first round of riddles are probably going to be the easiest, but that doesn't mean everyone has gotten the right answers so far. Keep up the good work. Keep guessing. -Shy[/size]
Riku Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Alright! This sounds like so much fun... I'll have a try at it! *fighting pose* #1 I am usually very round, sometimes I bounce around. I'm found in a lot of posts, not that I like to boast. [B]Smilies.[/B] Dang.. I hope I'm right. I've been hooked with FFVII: AC for awhile and I can't think... not that that has to do with anything... >.>;[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Delta Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [COLOR=#656446][b]#9[/b] MOD ROD. If that's the answer then that was easy as pie.[/COLOR]
Boo Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [size=1][strike][b]#9[/b] [i]This instrument So often used, Held by a chosen few, So rarely abused.[/i] Is the mod rod?[/strike] [b]Edit:[/b] Zomg, Delta beat me to it by 3 minutes -.-; [strike]The answer of #4 is Pancakes, I'm pretty sure of that.[/strike] That was a joke. [/size]
Vicky Posted July 6, 2006 Posted July 6, 2006 [SIZE=1][B]#10[/B] [I]A thread for a site whose fame and resources Eclipse our own. Can you connect the dots?[/I] To be honest, I have no idea. At all. But I'm guessing it's the [B][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54075]6 Degrees of Wikipedia[/URL][/B] thread? Meh. I dunno... XD[/SIZE]
kalon Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [QUOTE=Shy][b]#7[/b][i] [indent]A catchphrase, Repeated endlessly, by a man who has done it all, and seen more.[/indent][/i][/QUOTE] I'm not sure if I get the correct details on this, but... Do it right, Do it White. I think it was White's catchphrase/advertisement of sorts that was in his sig. Please forgive me, White, if I did not do justice to your phrase (whether I'm right or not).
Sandy Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 All I can say is that this is [I]totally[/I] nifty! ;D Oh, and I think I know an answer to one... [b]#4[/b] [indent][i]Thanks to me, I made the forums Safer[/i][/indent] Answer: [B]Sephiroth[/B] (member and an ex-supermod)
Revelation Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [size=1][color=#CD6619]#3 [i]Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/i] Answer- Reply button.[/size][/color]
Sakura Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [strike][COLOR=Navy][I]#5 Normally you only see people using me in The Arena, but I am all over the internet. For some people, I'm hard to understand. For others, I make internet life easier.[/I] Answer: HTML[/COLOR][/strike] [I]#4 Thanks to me, I made the forums Safer[/I] Answer: Language Censor
Sara Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [color=#b0000b][size=1]Do we get points for creativity? :p[/size][/color]
Kei Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [color=darkblue][size=1][b]Answer removed for stupidity. --;[/b] Oh, well, it looks like all of them are answered in some form or another. Guess I'll just have to wait until next week.[/color][/size]
Boo Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [size=1]#3[i] Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/i] This seemed more like the Rules page in my eyes, but oh well :whoops:.[/size]
Gavin Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting. This has to be the coolest event ever to appear on OB, because it's definitely going to be fun and extremely addictive. Anyway, time for my guess: [B]#10[/B] [i]A thread for a site whose fame and resources Eclipse our own. Can you connect the dots?[/I] I think Vicky is right with 6 Degrees, but I'll chance [b]Founderweb.com[/b], Adam's HTML site.[/SIZE]
Flo Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]#3 Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/I] Hm.....I'm gonna go with the Launch Jukebox. Final Answer![/COLOR][/SIZE]
Ellerby Posted July 7, 2006 Posted July 7, 2006 [color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I've been asked these two questions a lot lately, so I'm just going to give out a little reminder... [quote name='Shy][SIZE=1']Remember that only the first correct answer counts, so if someone answers the riddle correctly before you do, you need to try and answer a different one before its too late.[/SIZE][/quote] If someone has already posted the same answer you have in mind, don't bother posting it. You won't get the point. Only the first person to post the correct answer gets the point. [quote name='Shy][SIZE=1']Although I may post as many as ten riddles each week, members are only allowed to provide the answers to one of them.[/SIZE][/quote] This means you can only post one answer [i]per round[/i]. Not one answer per post, not one answer per day. Once you have posted your guess, you cannot post another guess. You can go back and edit your first guess, just as long as you have what you want to submit by the deadline. And yes, the next ten riddles will be much harder. :whoops:[/FONT][/COLOR]
Desbreko Posted July 8, 2006 Posted July 8, 2006 [size=1][b]#3[/b] [i]Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/i][/size] [color=#4B0082]For #3, I'll go with the site's FAQ page.[/color]
Dagger Posted July 8, 2006 Posted July 8, 2006 [size=1][b]#3[/b] [i]Some people don't like using me, they have their own way of getting what I provide. Regardless, I am there always... and with just one click you can be hearing what I have to say.[/i][/size] Hm... I think I'm going to go with [b]Threaded Mode[/b]. ~Dagger~
Recommended Posts