OtakuBoards

Most Anticipated Game

.:[ Revy ]:.

Hmmm. I'm waiting for so many, but these are the mains i want.

Metal Gear Solid 4: I've been a fan since Number 1. I'm really curious as to how they will follow up Snake Eater.

Zone Of the Enders 3: I heard rumors, that a third was in production, and so i hope and wait for it. The Z.O.E series are like the best mech games ever.

Monster Hunter 3: Gotta love Monster Hunter. Chasing big monsters that look like dinos and dragons with a huge range of weapons, and then make even better weapons from the dead monsters body. and it's online!

Resident Evil 5: Looks like Resident evil 4 in action, but with even faster and smarter enemies, and with even large groups of enemies. Reminds me of 28 days later.

GTA 4: Nuff said.

Devil May Cry 4: Looks awesome. Nero looks great to play as, and the bosses look better then ever. But i hope you can play as Vergil again.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 13: The two greatest RPGs ever return. Like i would miss them for the world.

Now all i need to do is wait for the games and save up for a console.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Not a single mention of [b]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/b] in here? There's something wrong with you people. . . .

SSBB is pretty much the reason I bought a Wii, same as I got a GCN for SSBM. Yeah, I know there's going to be plenty of other games on it that I'm going to want, but SSBB has always been that shining jewel I've been reaching for. [i]Especially[/i] if it supports online play, which I'm still hopeful for. I'm no doubt going to be spending hundreds of hours smashing away and pwning my friends in SSBB the same as I have in SSB and SSBM.

Besides that, [b]Super Mario Galaxy[/b] looks like an absolutely fantastic game. Every time Nintendo releases a new trailer it looks better and better and I have high hopes that it will surpass Mario 64. That's a classic I've played to death over the years, so you can bet I'll do the same with Galaxy if it measures up. It's been five years since we've gotten a new 3D Mario platformer and that's entirely too long.

I'm not sure what to think about [b]The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass[/b] yet. I haven't seen or heard much about it lately but it's gotten rave reviews in Japan. Supposedly the stylus-only control works well but I'm still skeptical. Stylus control for movement wasn't too hot in either Mario 64 DS or Animal Crossing: Wild World, so unless it's vastly improved I hope they give you the option to use the control cross and buttons too.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Not a single mention of [b]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/b] in here? There's something wrong with you people. . . .
[/color][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]Because Mario is evil :)

[b]Stranglehold[/b] is another game I may want to try out. Seems like a fun, mindless shooting game made for angry people. Although it looks like I might have alot of issues with the camera, but I won't judge it yet.[/COLOR]

For the Wii:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: I always bought the SSB games, and I don't plan on missing this one either.

360:
Assassin's Creed: This game just looks cool. Suppossedly, if you see it, you can climb on it...basically.

Fable 2: I loved Fable, the only problem was how short it was. Even "the lost chapters" was short. This one will hopefully be longer.

DS:
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations: Alright, I love the Phoenix Wright series. I personally think it's one of the best series to come out in awhile.

PC:
Starcraft II: I just started playing starcraft, but when this comes out I'll probably buy it too.

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Lich King: Okay, now this I'm really excited over. New WoW expansion. It probably won't be out for at least another year, but I can wait.

And I'm sure that I've forgotten a lot of games...but still.

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Not a single mention of [b]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/b] in here? There's something wrong with you people. . .[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]For me it's 'cause I don't let Nintendo bend me over and ram their huge Wiimote up my pooper.
There's something to be said about Nintendo when they repackage Gamecube technology in a white shell, give you a motion controller, and say; 'New system, guys!'
Oh, wait. I know what that is. Great marketing. Thanks Nintendo! I love it when you pull the wool over my eyes with your technology.
Thats Gamecube 2.0 which, to me, wasn't fun before so why would I want it again?

HOWEVER

I did like Super Smash Bros. so I probably will enjoy playing Brawl when it surfaces. I won't own it but I'll go over to my butt-hurt friends house and play it on his Gamecube 2.0.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]For me it's 'cause I don't let Nintendo bend me over and ram their huge Wiimote up my pooper.
There's something to be said about Nintendo when they repackage Gamecube technology in a white shell, give you a motion controller, and say; 'New system, guys!'
Oh, wait. I know what that is. Great marketing. Thanks Nintendo! I love it when you pull the wool over my eyes with your technology.
Thats Gamecube 2.0 which, to me, wasn't fun before so why would I want it again?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll give you that it's pretty much the same; but at least its not as expensive as the PS3. I'll buy a Wii for my 2nd next gen system, cause it is at least fairly cheap compared to the 360 and PS3. Plus, the same game on another system (Raving Rabbids on the 360) would play completely different on the Wii, which makes the gaming [I]seem[/I] new and different.

[quote name='silpheedpilot;787475][SIZE="1"]Whoa, slow down there [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/index.html?tag=result;title'][B]GTA4[/B][/URL], where you headed? Oh. To beat up Link and steal away that feeble and vulnerable Zelda, you say? Well, don't let me stop you! See you Quarter 1 of 2008[/SIZE]![/QUOTE]

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Des hasn't nailed you for that suckah.

Allow me: [URL="http://flickr.com/photos/8595417@N08/1344318998/"]http://flickr.com/photos/8595417@N08/1344318998/[/URL]

"Gamecube 2.0?" Have you even PLAYED this thing? It's less like it's predecessor in every way than PS3 and Xbox360 combined. This is a worse argument than the "Gamecube is for 3-year-olds" crap I've had to deal with since 6th grade. Then again, I doubt this will ever get through to anti-fb's anyway, so I don't really know why I bother.

Anyway, I want Brawl, along with Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Rattatosk, Tales of Innocence, Elite Beat Agents 2 (make it happen, Fils-Aime!), Final Fantasy IV DS and the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles sequels coming out. I'm a fan of all these series, so there's my motivation. I also would like Guitar Hero III. Mind, Only a couple of these are coming out any time soon.

Big games I'm waiting for...and this may seem a bit behind but I live in a PAL territory so that's my excuse <.<

Primarily Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Zelda on DS is going to be awesome. But apart from that the other games I'm waiting for are Super paper Mario, Metroid Prime : corruption, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii. Rogue Galaxy on PS2, and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and Elite Beat Agents 2 on DS. As for my rarely played PC I'm waiting for Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.

[quote name='Aceburner']
"Gamecube 2.0?" Have you even PLAYED this thing? It's less like it's predecessor in every way than PS3 and Xbox360 combined. This is a worse argument than the "Gamecube is for 3-year-olds" crap I've had to deal with since 6th grade. Then again, I doubt this will ever get through to anti-fb's anyway, so I don't really know why I bother.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I'm pretty sure I have played this thing and I'm pretty sure the only crap I've played on this thing is Mario games and other '3-year-old' Nintendo stuff. Don't sit here and chastise me over the Wii when everyone here damn well knows that when the novelty of the motion controller wears off in a few months (or had already worn off) what are they gonna be stuck with? A $250 Gamecube.

Where is the essential online gaming? Where are my downloadable demos? How about custom soundtracks?
Sure, there are some pretty slick games out for the Wii but it's stuff you've already played, it's stuff thats already established (Metroid Prime, Mario Strikers, Mario Party) only now it's got a motion gimmick. Give me a break. It'll be a while and a day before you see truly amazing games grace that system like Bioshock, Gears of War, Oblivion, and such. Those are testaments to games that can be really good and still blow your minds when you look at them.

Like I said before. Nintendo is the only company who can repackage the same crap every year in a new shell, spend billions of dollars on marketing and get you to buy it all over again. New DS color? By all means let me trade in my perfectly working DS for a new color!

Whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you over the intarwebz because you'll never sway my judgement and I'll never sway your judgement.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

No, listen, I understand what you're saying and actually agree that a lot of what Nintendo puts out is just updated versions of the same game.

But, on the otherhand, that's what every company does. And not just video game companies either. Look at movies and television. I havn't seen a truly original movie in years. I mean, most of what comes out nowadays are just remakes and sequels. Or, if nothing else the same basic story and characters in a "new" movie.

But, at least Nintendo seems to be trying to change things up a bit by adding a motion control in. I mean, the 360 and PS3 are pretty much the exact same things that their predecesors were...except with better graphics. But don't get me wrong, I love my 360 far more than my friends Wii.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Gee, sure wish I could post one line about nothin' and get away with it.

Anyone been playing the Call of Duty 4 Beta? It's hawt. Get on GameSpot, register, get the code and take the fight online in one of the greatest displays of FPS wonder.
Playing makes me anticipate Call of Duty 4 but it's not like I wasn't already waiting for it but you know what I'm getting at.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Gee, sure wish I could post one line about nothin' and get away with it.

Anyone been playing the Call of Duty 4 Beta? It's hawt. Get on GameSpot, register, get the code and take the fight online in one of the greatest displays of FPS wonder.
Playing makes me anticipate Call of Duty 4 but it's not like I wasn't already waiting for it but you know what I'm getting at.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I am so screwed with that game, It comes out during my yr 12 exams. Guess how difficult it will be to resist a game like that?

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkgreen]I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet, but...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=darkgreen][B]Star Craft II[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=darkgreen]Come on. We've been waiting [I]how[/I] long for this one?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Navy"]I've never played a single Star Craft game mainly because I don't play games on the computer, so excuse me for asking, what is Star Craft?

In any case, I was watching the Tokyo Game Show on G4, and, well, of course there were somethings that caught my eye.

[b]Lost Odyssey [/b](sp?) - I forgot to mention this the last time, but anyway, from what I saw, it looks like the battle system is similar to Shadow Hearts: Covenant. They showed some type of ring where you have to do some type of timing for extra damage. Graphics looks prettiful, and I forgot the date it was suppose to be released here in the states.

[b]Final Fantasy XIII Versus[/b] - I'm not particularly sure if I really want to play Final Fantasy XIII because of the battle system in FFXII. (I only played the demo, but if it's different from the actual game let me know.) But I think I heard someone mention that Versus will have a similar battle system like an action rpg (perhaps Kingdom Hearts). And I prefer that type of style of playing over majority of these rpg's.

[b]Infinite Undiscovery[/b] - It's done by Square-Enix (and Tri-Ace). Don't know anything about it other than it's going to be an action RPG. (Star Ocean type combat.)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]I've never played a single Star Craft game mainly because I don't play games on the computer, so excuse me for asking, what is Star Craft?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ask and ye shall receive. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft"][B]StarCraft[/B][/URL].[/SIZE]

[color=#606060]I don't know how anyone can suggest that Wii is a repackaged GameCube. Why? Because it's only twice as powerful? Rubbish.

Hardware power has little to do with the software lineup. Xbox 360 has more in common with GameCube than Wii does, all things considered.

Anyway, Super Mario Galaxy is still very much my most anticipated game. Luckily I won't have to wait until next year to play it - Nintendo Australia were on the ball with this one.

Now that I have Bioshock and Halo 3, I can only think of a couple of Xbox 360 games that I'm really anticipating. I'm hoping that Orange Box comes out in Australia, for one. And I'm very much looking forward to Rez HD.[/color]

Um...I'm surprised no one's mentioned the new Fire Emblem game for the Wii yet. I've seen a Japanese review that put it on par with Twilight Princess...

I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl to come out. For me, that's about it. (Not a lot of money right now...)

Oh, and by the way...
[quote name='silpheedpilot']Where is the essential online gaming? Where are my downloadable demos?[/quote]
The online gaming is there. The Wii has a wifi connection (which I've already used), which is another reason it's NOT a repackaged Gamecube. And have you heard of the Virtual Console? The Wii Shop Channel sells games that were originally for the NES, SNES, N64, and even Sega Genesis, and gives downloadable demos for FREE (such as the Metroid Prime 3 demo that's up right now). So there's your answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone mention [B]Soul Calibur 4[/B]? That graphic look really good for a next gen game. I found out that they added a new character name [B]Hilde[/B], which I think that some people already know. For those who don't know who Hilde is, I'll try to explain about her from what I read. Hilde is one of the new character that your going to play, she can wield two weapon at once. One of them is the spear, the other is a sword. What she look like is that she is wearing armor and she look pretty good too. I know that someone mention [B]Devil May Cry 4[/B] already in this thread, but I have an update for people that don't already know. In Devil May Cry 4, there is in one part where Dante is meeting Trish(from DMC1) and Lady(from DMC3) in Dante's store. Also when you unlock Dante as a playable charcter you get his three style from DMC3, which I know most fan will like it. Vergil is not in this game.

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Ninja Gaiden 2.[/B] I beat and loved the first one, but I couldn't bring myself to play it a second time. I'm glad this is coming out and it looks pretty sweet. Still looks hard as hell, but I'll manage. Right now I am loving that scythe and how the camera jerks around with the action. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJOUyHM3gik[/url]

[COLOR="Olive"]Guitar Hero III people! Come on! I mean the sequal to Guitar Hero 2will be out in 8 days. Count them, [B]8[/B]! However I don't have GH2, but I'm getting later this week. I'm aslo looking forward to getting a 360 some time next year. Than I'm buying Rock Band![/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I did use to have an Xbox 360, but after a long story, I don't have one anymore.

It's okay though, seeing as how I have a PS2/PS3, I'm already content with what games I have. Being an RPG/Fighting/Action and Adventure type of girl, and seeing as how the amount of games I have limited to what I like, I sot of have a very hard-to-please kind of personality.

Anyway, I'm mostly waiting for [B]Final Fantasy XIII[/B] to come out, seeing as how it's probably a break through in the FF series. It'll probably take awhile to get here, but I'm guessing it will be well worth the wait.

I'm also waiting for [B]FF VII: Crisis Core[/B] and even the [B]FF VII remake[/B]. Crisis Core looks kick-***, the only thing is I have to buy a PSP to play it. Also, there has been rumors that the VII remake might/might not make it to reality, so... I'm just going to wait it out and see whether they do/don't do it.

No matter what you all have heard/seen/said, until I get information from a reliable source, I'm not believing any one of you. Sorry, lol. :smirk:

Btw, just so you all know, I'm desperately waiting for all the new [B]Kingdom Hearts[/B] games to come out. [I]Desperately[/I].

Like Square Enix is sucking the very bile and organs out of VII's plot, so comes the future for KH aswell.:o[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Olive"]Please KW, hush about KH! Okay, I don't have a PS3 so if KH3 came out, I couldn't get it and I'd probably die! I just hope Final remix II comes out in America. I mean, KH is just soooo epic I can't get enough. I almost cried because the game ended. It was so amazing and it was a rush. The game itself could make you cry because it was so beautiful. But number 3 will... be... [B][I][U][size=4]EPIC![/size] [/U][/I][/B]

I hope that Square doesn't push the story too far, if they ruin KH I don't know what I'd do. I just hope this Keybalde war involves Sora and the gang. Hayden Penettiere did the voice of Kairi too so I melted automatically.[/COLOR]