OtakuBoards

Stuff you miss dearly on OB.

Nomurah!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Hm... you know. The place has changed. And what can I say? There's some things I miss. :[

Like... the jukebox that no one used. I miss that. And Gavin's opening phrase "Interesting. Most Interesting." and you know... Rat boy. I miss Rat boy. I know a lot of us miss Charles, too. I semi-miss Adam's contributions to the site. But its been so long, I almost forgot he's the one that made it. I miss 8- bit being called White. Why? I really don't know. But the phrase "Do it Right. Do White" is just better than "Do it Rit. Do 8- Bit"... Hmm. I miss the actual posting in the Manga forum. That used to be cool. I miss the Picture Caption Games. Someone of course had to lock those. Good job whoever did that. I miss blah.. blah... Etc.

Anyone else miss abunch of stuff, and all of a sudden want to rant about it like me?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I hadn't thought about it in a while, I miss the Battle Arena. Those stupid little spars were a lot of fun.

I also miss the Sexy Six, although I'm probably the only one who remembers them; half of the members are gone, the other half refuses to talk to me. I'm the only one left. :animesigh

I miss a lot of things... I just can't think of them right now. Oh! And the My Friend Totoro layout that one year. WOW that's a long time back.

[size=1]Things I miss on OB:
[list][*]Transtic Nerve's posts in the original Final Quest for Glory.
[*]'Hamburglar v. Grimace' debate.
[*]The Yaoi Forum.
[*]LifeKnight and AWomansRightToChooseKnight
[*]'Are you a Walrus or a Carpenter?'
[*]'Digmon Slash Fiction!?'
[*]The Artistic Nudes thread.
[*]Babygirl!
[*]Meteo City Courthouse Chats
[*]Discussing Major League Hockey with Charles.
[*]Abe Lincoln: his subsequent banning, unbanning, and deletion.
[*]The OtakuBoards Divorce Thread
[/list]
-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, aside from the beautiful Battle Arena and the Harlequin's moderation of it, I naturally will always miss the Yaoi Forum and the artistic nudes thread because let's face it. Who doesn't like artistic nudes?

It's too bad Indi wasn't around for the OB Divorce thread because she probably could've prevented it from dissolving into the firestorm of hate and loathing that was, well, pretty much inevitable. I mean it WAS a thread about Divorce after all.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[kuja]i miss teh n00b loung. :bawl:[/kuja]

[size=1][color=#EDEDED]I think I miss a whole bunch of members anyway and I won't even start to mention them. Plus, I miss a lot of the art studio's past artists and activity.
[/color][/size]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"] I miss the Picture Caption Games. Someone of course had to lock those. Good job whoever did that. I miss blah.. blah... Etc. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]The last two picture threads didn't get locked. People just quit posting in them. =P If you miss the Picture Caption Game so much, just start a new one.

Anyway, I can't think of something to post that I miss... I imagine it's because I haven't been around long enough for that.

[size=1]It's like this: every time you create something you wanna show it off. Hey, why not show it off at the Art Studio at OB! It's really popular, you'll get a reply in your thread with really detailed critique and constructive criticism in like 5 minutes.
OH HEY, WAIT.
:animedepr

hahah[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]It's like this: every time you create something you wanna show it off. Hey, why not show it off at the Art Studio at OB! It's really popular, you'll get a reply in your thread with really detailed critique and constructive criticism in like 5 minutes.
OH HEY, WAIT.

hahah[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]lol. yah, that pretty much sums it up exactly. I have some new drawings I want to show off but last time I created a thread I got one reply. I guess it takes action on my part too, that's the main problem. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][B]Things/People I miss:[/B]
[LIST]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Corey and Annie.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Bill and Andrew.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Flash and Warlock.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Other oldie duos.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Other oldies in general.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]An active Theatre with plenty of role-players.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]The Star Wars 411.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Star Wars RPGs.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Old member titles.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Thread Ratings plus the swear filter.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]When a higher post count made you superior to someone else, even if 90% of it was composed of spam.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]When being an oldie automatically made you better than everyone else.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]OB Politics.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/LIST]
Heh, obviously those last four are a joke, well except maybe the second last one. ^_~[/size]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]And Gavin's opening phrase "Interesting. Most Interesting."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sorry, but I'm under contractual obligation for love of Holy God and the mercy of the Virgin Mary to never use that phrase again.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][B]Things/People I miss:[/B]
[LIST]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Corey and Annie.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Bill and Andrew.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Other oldies in general.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]An active Theatre with plenty of role-players.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Old member titles.[/FONT][/SIZE][/list]

.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Good to see alot of us are on the same page... I think it's about time for a revival of sorts.[/color][/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]There are a ton of things I miss about the past... but I think most of it relates to the people. There are people I still remember well from the early days who aren't around anymore.

Sephiroth, for instance. We used to chat all the time... and I think he was the first member on OB (that I can remember) who had a baby. At least it was the first that was well-known to everyone, heh.

I did chat with Seph only a few months ago, but he's disappeared again.

There are just so many members... I miss Jenna a lot (she was one brilliant RPer - I was so honored to write with her). And like others here I really miss Sara; almost everything she did here was really brilliant and added a lot to the place.

And then there is Warlock and Flashy. We had some great times. I miss our MH RPGs...those two were so much fun. I've spoken to Warlock within the last year or so, but I haven't seen Flash around much (other than his brief reappearance a while ago).

I miss thread ratings, although the members voted to have that one removed... so it's sort of interesting that everyone misses 'em now. It was just a shame that they never really worked properly. There were a lot of complaints about them.

I'd like to say that I miss activity in the Art Studio, but... it was never the most active place. Nobody could ever be bothered to do major critiques and that hasn't changed a great deal (unfortunately). Although there were some pretty great threads in there.

Sometimes I wish we could bring some of those elements back to the boards, but a lot of it is just impossible.

All we can do is try to make things as interesting and enjoyable as we can now. That's why I really love it when people put effort into RPGs and things like that - a lot of the time it feels very nostalgic for me.

I often wonder what the future of OB will be like. It's changed so many times over the years...but it still manages to keep going.

We have a wonderful pair of Admins now, but I do sometimes wish the likes of Hbomb and Frank would return - even if just as members. The Frank Mystery still baffles Adam and I to this day.

Speaking of which, I'm really glad that Adam is still there to talk to. We still talk regularly and share ideas all the time. This entire community owes much to him and I still view him as a great friend. It's so weird that we haven't met, after nearly ten years!

Anyway, maybe you guys should actually suggest what we could do to improve OB. After all, we have to all roll up our sleeves if we want to bring back the glory days. :catgirl:[/font]

[SIZE="1"]Ohhh, yes those days were teh bestest.

[LIST][*]Flash[*]Warlock[*]TOPAZ[*]Old Member titles[*]desertshadow, and the buckets[*]Yeah, the art studio days[*]When post count was cool, lol[/LIST]

I do miss the ranking system from when I first started. Based on your post count you would have little stars, and a title which would change when you hit a certain amount of posts. I understand why we did away with it, but it was still fun.

I miss a lot of other old members aswell, who I'm sure may still come here under diffrent names in secret. x,x[/SIZE]

Not to say that we don?t have any gamers now, but I kind of miss some of the gamers that used to hang around the Arcade forum.

Oh, and another vote for Art forum. I could definitely use some inspirations to start drawing again.

I miss the old days to sum it all up. I joined back when digimon was just getting out there. I think that it was about at the point where Adventure had ended, 02 was in the process of running, and then Tamers came later as time went on along with Frontier. After that, the digimon specific forums disappeared because the times changed.

It seemed like after the digimon forums went I went with them...for the most part. Most of my old buddies on my buddy list seem to be gone or largely inactive also. It's like I've lost a few dear comrades, like Ginny for instance. Sara is on my buddy list too, although I'm not sure if I was ever on hers. There are still a few of the older members that I remember from back in the day, but I have been gone for so long I doubt that many of them remember me. Hehehe.

Nowadays, I lurk around the OB...without really posting. I'm more of an active member elsewhere...on a digimon forum. ^^; I usually come here to check my PM Box. Of course, it's usually empty. I suppose that's because I haven't been here in who knows when. The feel of the OB is just so different to me now, especially with many of my old pals gone. I'll probably continue to lurk. Heh.

Well, there's my two cents.

*vanishes into the shadows*

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]When being an oldie automatically made you better than everyone else.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DEEPPINK]That one's still true.

ANOTHER THING I MISS: The Yu Yu Hakusho forum.[/color]

[COLOR="#004a6f"][quote name='boothten'][size=1]Activity in the Art Studio?
haha, yeahhh.

=/[/size][/QUOTE]
I also second that.

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]It's like this: every time you create something you wanna show it off. Hey, why not show it off at the Art Studio at OB! It's really popular, you'll get a reply in your thread with really detailed critique and constructive criticism in like 5 minutes.
OH HEY, WAIT.

hahah[/size][/QUOTE]Yeah, it was pretty disheartening when I posted a gradient mesh portrait (took 4 all nighters and I got 100% on it in my illustrator class) and only got one response.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Wait... there's an art studio?
I miss when the Who's Online would be filled with members, that I actually knew. I miss the old layout, though I'd rather not go back now, since I'm accustomed to this one.
I miss the tons of weird fanfics, and stories we would get, and then have Lady Axphysia give us a good word of knowledge on how to improve.
I miss Keyblade Wielder, Ezekiel and Tatsubei Yagyu, for giving us wonderful images to look upon in the Art part of the forums.
I miss when all the oldies were actually around.
I miss seeing posts from the other Gavin, so I could see that little mage gif.
I miss r2vq.
I miss RiflesAtRecess before he was Goodbye, Face.
I miss being called Nomura (haha... go me.)
I miss the ACTUAL mangas that people put up. I remember at one point, there was a member that had been posting these amazing coloured pages... I don't remember the name of the manga, but I remember later seeing the series as being a big hit, and having a sequel on the official site.
I miss OB aim chats. Those are fun.
I miss (while it doesn't really have to do with us...) THE OTAKU. It's just... not The O any more. It's so different, I can't stand to go to it at all.
I miss... Otaku Pike, I believe. I forgot the link, but Shy made it. It had a lot of fun links on it.
I miss actual Otakupedia entries.[/COLOR][/SIZE]